when [timer v] > (0.1)
im glad u agree
again, the stop sign is to stop a project not start one. That's what
when green flag clicked
is for…

and for thumbnails just do
when green flag clicked
set [ghost v] effect to (100)

Last edited by StrangeMagic32 (June 4, 2019 17:45:59)

“Remember the worth of souls is great in the sight of God;”
- Doctrine and Covenants 18:10

I have since moved to @JollyWinter
Scratcher
61 posts

The Official List of Rejected Suggestions

Za-Chary wrote:

I have generalized #8.4 from “Allow Scratchers to moderate the forums” to “Allow Scratchers to moderate the website.”

It is certainly rejected for forums, and so it is logical that having just anyone moderate the website is also rejected. (From experience, the website tends to be rather worse than the forums anyway.)
Wait, so scratchers are allowed to moderate the forums?

Check all my projects and games and follow me pls.
Za-Chary
Scratcher
1000+ posts

3009088 wrote:

Za-Chary wrote:

I have generalized #8.4 from “Allow Scratchers to moderate the forums” to “Allow Scratchers to moderate the website.”

It is certainly rejected for forums, and so it is logical that having just anyone moderate the website is also rejected. (From experience, the website tends to be rather worse than the forums anyway.)
Nope — have you seen any ordinary Scratchers sticky, close, or move topics? Since it is on this list, it is rejected — ordinary Scratchers will not have the privilege of moderating the forums, or the entire website.

This is my forum signature! On a forum post, it is okay for Scratchers to advertise in their forum signature. The signature is the stuff that shows up below the horizontal line on the post. It will show up on every post I make.

I was a Scratch Team member from May 10th 2019 to October 29th 2021.

my notebook | scratch team essay | accessibility essay
Scratcher
61 posts

Za-Chary wrote:

3009088 wrote:

Za-Chary wrote:

Nope — have you seen any ordinary Scratchers sticky, close, or move topics? Since it is on this list, it is rejected — ordinary Scratchers will not have the privilege of moderating the forums, or the entire website.
Hmm really? So why does LiFaytheGoblin is a forum moderator even though he is a regular scratcher?

get_it_prince_xD
Scratcher
18 posts

StrangeMagic32 wrote:

get_it_prince_xD wrote:

cs1093855 wrote:

get_it_prince_xD wrote:

when stop sign clicked

this is a good thing to use with a thumbnail

I agree! But for now we have to use this workaround:

when green flag clicked
forever
reset timer
end

when [timer v] > (0.1)
im glad u agree
again, the stop sign is to stop a project not start one. That's what
when green flag clicked
is for…

and for thumbnails just do
when green flag clicked
set [ghost v] effect to (100)
ohhhhh ok I will do that for a project
Za-Chary
Scratcher
1000+ posts

3009088 wrote:

Hmm really? So why does LiFaytheGoblin is a forum moderator even though he is a regular scratcher?
I don't know. I think they were a part of the Community Moderator program before it was removed.

This is my forum signature! On a forum post, it is okay for Scratchers to advertise in their forum signature. The signature is the stuff that shows up below the horizontal line on the post. It will show up on every post I make.

cs1093855
Scratcher
100+ posts

Za-Chary wrote:

3009088 wrote:

Za-Chary wrote:

Understood
Scratcher
61 posts

Za-Chary wrote:

3009088 wrote:

I don't know. I think they were a part of the Community Moderator program before it was removed.
Maybe. Then why didn't the ST take the words, “Forum Moderator” under their names? I still see it.

Za-Chary
Scratcher
1000+ posts

3009088 wrote:

Za-Chary wrote:

3009088 wrote:

Maybe. Then why didn't the ST take the words, “Forum Moderator” under their names? I still see it.
They are still able to moderate the forums. I don't know much about that position — maybe @Paddle2See has an answer.

Za-Chary
Scratcher
1000+ posts

I have generalized #4.4 from “Remove character limits on comments” to “Remove character limits on text fields.”

A problem with this suggestion that I previously had is that I wasn't able to find any reason why it was rejected, as posted by a Scratch Team member on the forums. But, as this post shows, I now have a reason!

Indeed, removing character limits on comments is rejected, removing character limits on profile info is rejected, and as @Paddle2See has worded his post, removing character limits for any text fields on the website is rejected.

Simply raising the limit, however (e.g. raising About Me character limit from 200 to 500), is NOT rejected. I found some posts below where you can discuss raising the character limits of various text fields. If you find more, let me know!

Za-Chary wrote:

4.4 Remove character limits on text fields
This is placed to prevent spam. If any character limits were removed entirely, spammers could use this to paste large blocks of text, effectively taking up server space and slowing down the website.

Simply raising the limits, however, is NOT rejected. You can discuss various character limits on the following topics: About Me and What I'm Working On, Project Comments, or Studio Descriptions.

Za-Chary
Scratcher
1000+ posts

Another update! I have added another suggestion to the list: “Notifications for being quoted in topics”. In fact, I rejected this one! (And @Paddle2See* helped and approved.)

This seems to have been suggested a few times — and, simply put, this is not something we would be able to add in, just due to how the forums work. It likely would lead to a lot of unwanted messages, too, through spam or otherwise.

This was actually rejected many years ago by @cheddargirl — interesting that we didn't get to it until now.

Za-Chary wrote:

8.5 Notifications for being quoted in topics
Due to the way that the forum structure works, this suggestion simply is not possible to add. There is also a very high possibility of getting spammed with unwanted notifications. The technical issues and the potential for abuse make this feature rather impractical. If you want to stay updated on a certain topic, you can always follow the topic and get notified on new posts that are made.

Botcho_Otkho
Scratcher
1000+ posts

I found this one, but I'm not sure it's in the list.

I see now that the circumstances of one's birth are irrelevant. It is what you do with the gift of life that determines who you are. - Mewtwo
Za-Chary
Scratcher
1000+ posts

(reserved in case I ever need this particular post location)

Za-Chary
Scratcher
1000+ posts

Botcho_Otkho wrote:

I did see that. The user who posted that notice told me that there are more rejected suggestions like this, and so before I add any to the list, I'd like to see their entire list.

I feel like this is suggested frequently enough to go on the list, if needed. I'll give it some more thought.

Botcho_Otkho
Scratcher
1000+ posts

Za-Chary wrote:

Botcho_Otkho wrote:

I did see that. The user who posted that notice told me that there are more rejected suggestions like this, and so before I add any to the list, I'd like to see their entire list.

I feel like this is suggested frequently enough to go on the list, if needed. I'll give it some more thought.
Okay, I see.

I see now that the circumstances of one's birth are irrelevant. It is what you do with the gift of life that determines who you are. - Mewtwo
Scratcher
61 posts

Za-Chary wrote:

3009088 wrote:

oh never mind. I just found out that he was a scratch team member before. But he isnt now

cs1093855
Scratcher
100+ posts

Za-Chary wrote:

Another update! I have added another suggestion to the list: “Notifications for being quoted in topics”. In fact, I rejected this one! (And @Paddle2See* helped and approved.)

This seems to have been suggested a few times — and, simply put, this is not something we would be able to add in, just due to how the forums work. It likely would lead to a lot of unwanted messages, too, through spam or otherwise.

This was actually rejected many years ago by @cheddargirl — interesting that we didn't get to it until now.

Za-Chary wrote:

8.5 Notifications for being quoted in topics
Due to the way that the forum structure works, this suggestion simply is not possible to add. There is also a very high possibility of getting spammed with unwanted notifications. The technical issues and the potential for abuse make this feature rather impractical. If you want to stay updated on a certain topic, you can always follow the topic and get notified on new posts that are made.

Why would you put a smiley face for a rejected topic? That’s just… weird!
Za-Chary
Scratcher
1000+ posts

cs1093855 wrote:

I am proud of myself for helping out and contributing to the forums.

cs1093855
Scratcher
100+ posts

Za-Chary wrote:

cs1093855 wrote:

I am proud of myself for helping out and contributing to the forums.

Reply to [Za-Chary v] :: events hat
Say [okay, if you say so...] for (2) secs

Last edited by cs1093855 (June 9, 2019 02:24:35)