Discuss Scratch

StrangeMagic32
Scratcher
1000+ posts

The Official List of Rejected Suggestions

Za-Chary wrote:

Anyone have a preference on how this could be implemented?
2 lists
each list has a link to the other
says something like “To easily find a rejected (insert), press ”Ctrl“ + ”F“ and type what you are looking for.”

idk, maybe not, but may help

oh, rip, I read preference as suggestions

Last edited by StrangeMagic32 (June 25, 2019 20:03:02)

“Remember the worth of souls is great in the sight of God;”
- Doctrine and Covenants 18:10

I have since moved to @JollyWinter
Froggygames123
Scratcher
500+ posts

what about this one https://scratch.mit.edu/discuss/topic/355691/?page=1#post-3602191

Woaj is not moist. We should stick to tradition, and stay with woah. Join our army today ! https://scratch.mit.edu/studios/27322961
Za-Chary
Scratcher
1000+ posts

Froggygames123 wrote:

what about this one https://scratch.mit.edu/discuss/topic/355691/?page=1#post-3602191
What about it? It doesn't seem rejected to me.

This is my forum signature! On a forum post, it is okay for Scratchers to advertise in their forum signature. The signature is the stuff that shows up below the horizontal line on the post. It will show up on every post I make.

I was a Scratch Team member from May 10th 2019 to October 29th 2021.

my notebook | scratch team essay | accessibility essay
MaximunPokeMaster
Scratcher
500+ posts

Za-Chary wrote:

At this point, however, maybe I should make a list of “uncommon rejected suggestions” just for reference. Anyone else think that's a good idea?
Sounds good.

H
Froggygames123
Scratcher
500+ posts

Za-Chary wrote:

I think I missed this one the first time around: “pointing towards sprite boolean” is rejected: https://scratch.mit.edu/discuss/topic/355056/?page=1#post-3603084

I'm still thinking about if uncommon stuff like this should be added to some list. I asked @Paddle2See about the whole separate lists thing, and here is what he said:

Paddle2See* wrote:

Wouldn't that just mean you would have to search two lists to see if it is a duplicate of not? If you are familiar with control-f, a long list isn't really a detriment to usability - maybe explain how to do that in the topic?
I think he does have a good point. But there's a lot to think about with regards to this. Anyone have a preference on how this could be implemented?
i think it probably will be soon. No one likes my suggestions

Woaj is not moist. We should stick to tradition, and stay with woah. Join our army today ! https://scratch.mit.edu/studios/27322961
WindOctahedron
Scratcher
1000+ posts

Okay, “previous costume” block has been suggested a lot, but it has not been oficially rejected by the Scratch Team yet (or I can't find the link). However, every time someone suggested this, everyone replied “No support! Use the workaround.” or “This is already implemented!”
Should it be added to the list?

previous costume :: looks stack

Last edited by WindOctahedron (June 26, 2019 19:43:53)

The message above may contain wrong information, rude remarks, or something embarrassing to my current self. In this case, please ignore it and remember that I likely wrote it back when I didn't know what “respect” truly meant. I really hate thinking about it again.
Za-Chary
Scratcher
1000+ posts

WindOctahedron wrote:

Okay, “previous costume” block has been suggested a lot, but it has not been oficially rejected by the Scratch Team yet (or I can't find the link). However, every time someone suggested this, everyone replied “No support! Use the workaround.” or “This is already implemented!”
Should it be added to the list?

previous costume :: looks stack
I don't think so, precisely because it hasn't been rejected.

This is my forum signature! On a forum post, it is okay for Scratchers to advertise in their forum signature. The signature is the stuff that shows up below the horizontal line on the post. It will show up on every post I make.

Za-Chary
Scratcher
1000+ posts

Paddle2See* wrote:

Yeah, I see what you mean. I can see breaking the list into two parts - just maybe keep them in the same post.
Based on this, I seem to have gotten the okay, so I will go ahead and make “The Complete List of Rejected Uncommon Suggestions”.

This will be an unorganized list of suggestions that have been rejected, yet are not common enough to put on the “common” list. It is mainly for reference, and will be posted in the main post (OP) right below the list of rejected suggestions. I will also make the explanations rather short — probably no more than 1–3 sentences — simply because it likely won't get quoted very often.

The following suggestions, along with possibly some others, may be on the list. It's possible I won't include all of these (and I could use some help from others as to what not to include) but I just wanted to add as many things as possible for now.

If anyone has any glaring oppositions to this method, speak now or forever Scratch on.

Last edited by Za-Chary (July 1, 2019 17:15:27)

openPoll
Scratcher
1000+ posts

HFScratch wrote:

Za-Chary wrote:

HFScratch wrote:

Some suggestion's that I received from different scratcher's regarding the topic of “Studio Abusing”(Sorry for not mentioning the names)

1. Managers shall only be allowed to add projects and invite people, the authority to remove people/projects should be only given to the owner of the
studio.
2. Studio abuse shall be introduced as a reason to report a user in the report user section.
3. When you remove 15+ projects\people from the studio Scratch shall automatically lock your manager authorities for a certain amount of time.
4. Before removing member(s) or project(s) from a studio a message should be sent to the owner informing him/her and asking him/her for approval
Please make a new topic about your suggestions — don't post them here. Otherwise, no one will see them.
Ok but wasan't this for suggestion? Where should I post suggestions where scratch team sees them?
Make a new topic.

Moi? Whaddya wahnt from moi?

——

Inactive Scratcher • making memes wen??? • define defineI have Robux >:)1,000+ hours on Splatoon 2 • 250+ hours on Pokémon White • 100+ hours on MinecraftAn 8 bit remix I love • i have lots game • too lazy to make rainbows • still a proud Windows 7 user
ggo456
Scratcher
26 posts

Za-Chary or Paddle2See, what about when I start as clone number x?

Last edited by ggo456 (June 29, 2019 18:10:23)

Za-Chary
Scratcher
1000+ posts

ggo456 wrote:

Za-Chary or Paddle2See, what about when I start as clone number x?
To my knowledge, that is not rejected.

WindOctahedron
Scratcher
1000+ posts

Recently rejected: Roblox and Scratch together

The message above may contain wrong information, rude remarks, or something embarrassing to my current self. In this case, please ignore it and remember that I likely wrote it back when I didn't know what “respect” truly meant. I really hate thinking about it again.
Za-Chary
Scratcher
1000+ posts

WindOctahedron wrote:

Recently rejected: Roblox and Scratch together
Finally!
I'll be adding this to the list of rejected uncommon suggestions later.

ggo456
Scratcher
26 posts

Is dark mode rejected? There is a rebellion on it right now.

Za-Chary
Scratcher
1000+ posts

ggo456 wrote:

Is dark mode rejected? There is a rebellion on it right now.
What sort of “rebellion” is taking place? There doesn't need to be a rebellion for a dark mode — it wouldn't really solve any problems. A dark mode is not currently rejected, and is still being considered.

Za-Chary
Scratcher
1000+ posts

Would anyone think that “Notifications for mentioning users via @” is rejected as per this post? https://scratch.mit.edu/discuss/topic/665/?page=1#post-4221

(Note: @Lightnin is a former Scratch Team member.)

Also! By popular request, I've updated the list of rejected suggestions to include uncommon suggestions. You can view them at the bottom of the list. I'd really like some feedback on this list, please, if you have any. The more I look at the list, the more I think this wasn't a good idea.

Last edited by Za-Chary (July 3, 2019 03:56:16)

WindOctahedron
Scratcher
1000+ posts

Za-Chary wrote:

Would anyone think that “Notifications for mentioning users via @” is rejected as per this post? https://scratch.mit.edu/discuss/topic/665/?page=1#post-4221
Yes, someone would.
I'd really like some feedback on this list, please, if you have any. The more I look at the list, the more I think this wasn't a good idea.
I supported this idea…
…and now I realised that it wasn't as good as I thought.

Because people know which uncommon suggestions are rejected, they won't suggest them. The less they're suggested, the less they will likely be added to the main list, so the list of uncommonly rejected suggestions becomes longer than the main one. And it's already long! When I scroll to the bottom of it, I see that it fills half the page.

So I don't know what to do. Keep them, or remove those uncommon suggestions?

Last edited by WindOctahedron (July 3, 2019 07:21:15)

Za-Chary
Scratcher
1000+ posts

WindOctahedron wrote:

I supported this idea…
…and now I realised that it wasn't as good as I thought.

Because people know which uncommon suggestions are rejected, they won't suggest them. The less they're suggested, the less they will likely be added to the main list, so the list of uncommonly rejected suggestions becomes longer than the main one. And it's already long! When I scroll to the bottom of it, I see that it fills half the page.
I agree with you. It also just still seems strange to have to include something like a “go to middle” block — the workaround is easy! And, for something like a “call memory address” block, it's just way too obscure to consider mentioning.

I also discovered that some suggestions do feel like they belong in the main list — for example, a “Recent” option in the search bar. Also, I feel like some suggestions in the main list deserve to be in the “uncommon” list, like “Censor projects with no coding”.

I feel like splitting the two up was honestly a bad idea. I'll see what others think, but maybe I should switch back to just one list, and using my best judgment to tell what can be added to the list. I might also keep this list of “uncommon suggestions” somewhere else in my personal files so they can be referenced as needed.

great_elmo
Scratcher
100+ posts

this is a good guide

Total weeaboo.

Za-Chary
Scratcher
1000+ posts

great_elmo wrote:

this is a good guide
Thank you!