Discuss Scratch

ithcus
Scratcher
96 posts

[SEARCHING THREAD] Is there any piece of media that you’re looking for? + Lost Media Discussion Thread

Fun_Cupcake_i81 wrote:

Oh, and this is highly unlikely, but while we're on the topic of obscure and forgotten songs, if you happen to come across this let me know.
(Note: I've pretty much exhausted all the google search terms relating to this; if it's on the internet it's 99% likely to be on a site with terrible SEO.)

yes that is very obscure sounding lol, i looked around a little bit but i haven't found anything
I love obscure/lost music content, so it's pretty interesting

edit: first on a new page for the second time in a row??

Last edited by ithcus (April 10, 2024 19:48:06)

made in the sun frame ☼ | grid of points – – – l.h.
Check out my Soundcloud!
Fun_Cupcake_i81
Scratcher
1000+ posts

[SEARCHING THREAD] Is there any piece of media that you’re looking for? + Lost Media Discussion Thread

ithcus wrote:

yes that is very obscure sounding lol, i looked around a little bit but i haven't found anything
I love obscure/lost music content, so it's pretty interesting

edit: first on a new page for the second time in a row??
Yep, extremely obscure. Probably the best hope of it getting found is just the artist changing their mind about it and reposting it

NullPointerException: myLife does not exist.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Hi! I'm Fun Cupcake and I pop onto the forums every now and then to ask questions or try and help out.
My goal is to help people out and brighten their days!
Also, I do in fact have a voice-acted series. It's a fantasy story and I'd love it if you'd check it out!
You could also check out Sprinkle Town, a town game I created inspired by Stardew Valley! (It's still in very early development stages.)
ScratchcatandGobo
Scratcher
1000+ posts

bumppp

Yeah, but at least we've learned something today… that every moment of our life should be lived to the fullest because it can be very long or very short, my friend. - Gumball
I felt like I wanted to develop games on here, so I won't leave! (for now)
(last edited 2/8/24)

_-CoolTanokifan173-_
Scratcher
100+ posts

(Reposting this)
I NEED HELP LOOKING FOR THESE THREE SONGS!! (No audio available )

1. (This has been found, It is Club Penguin - DJ Cadence “The Party Starts Now”)
There was a club penguin song with DJ Candence and it appeared in my mix like a few years ago. I only remember a few seconds of this song which I believe went like “C'mon c'mon do (this) do (that) everybody” and then that's it. At that time I think it had like a few hundred thousand views and was by an artist that wasn't THAT popular but yeah.

2. This one I think I can use a big lead to find it but I remember the album cover (possibly) had a record label logo that looked like this.

and had emeralds and green stuff all over it. I barely remember what it sounds like so I only know the album cover by memory. I think this song came out during 2021-23.

I heard this in someones car and didn't get to use the google's shazam kinda thing. One thing I know is that it uses the robotic “MACHINE” sample. I don't know where that sample came from but what I do know is that there is another song that I know that uses the same sample from the song in the car.

Up to doctors early my leg gave me on the way there, smashed my knee.
Bloody nightmare have so much to do.

abubriski
Scratcher
100+ posts

An old Scratch project that I think was a remix of a ninja platformer, but when you start, it says ‘hello young christmas tree!’

I'm searching for a kid-friendly name for the genre of ‘bear mascot spooky’ games.
Please give feedback of my signature/an answer to the question above on my profile whenever; it helps a lot
This is my signature. You may already know that when you click on this and press shift+down (that's the selecting downward keyboard shortcut), you can see more of it. (mobile users I'm trying to make sure that the most important stuff goes on top of this sig) Did you know this also happens with profile activity? XD

Lynx: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7

Wow a blue link
I JUST FOUND OUT THAT [Removed by evil kumquat]!

This is Carl Blah. Mr. Blah is glad to help in the field of kumquats or even the occasional calamondin.
((0) - (0))

when I receive [SpongeBob Musical]
say [THIS IS AWESOME] for (2) secs

SCRATCH HAS A HEIGHT CHART? (It's not a statement, it's a question.)

What a wonderful year (2024)! First Mojang listens, now the ST is listening: https://scratch.mit.edu/discuss/topic/746187/

Updated 5/3/2024 (MM/DD/YYYY)
Updated (many times) 3/25/2024 (MM/DD/YYYY)
Updated 3/07/2024 (MM/DD/YYYY)
Updated 3/5/2024 (MM/DD/YYYY)
Updated 11/14/2023 (MM/DD/YYYY)

END OF SIGNATURE
petspez
Scratcher
100+ posts

abubriski wrote:

An old Scratch project that I think was a remix of a ninja platformer, but when you start, it says ‘hello young christmas tree!’

Was it a remix of this project?

Hi I'm Pets (She/Her)
I like art
petspez
Scratcher
100+ posts

Looking for the first Scratch project I ever played. I joined around October 2019, so it might have been on the front page or explore if that helps. It was Christmas themed project about a robber who escapes prison and collects diamonds. I never actually got any ending though. It was a pixel platformer game. The creator said he might make it an app if that helps.

Hi I'm Pets (She/Her)
I like art
Dogs-are-amazing1
Scratcher
500+ posts

Can someone help me find a movie I watched?
I watched it around 2015-2016 and it was about a tiny guy who could turn things to stone if he touched it. It starts with him turning a family’s cat to stone and then a kid finding it. I think they kept that a secret, but they told their parents about the guy. Early in the film they go to a restaurant with the guy, who makes new food up since the restaurant had bad food. They got kicked out for this; and then I don’t remember the middle of the film other than the dad becoming tiny and breaking his arm or leg. Later they reach to town where the guy is from and realize everyone has been turned to stone because the people were mean to him, and the family leaves. After this the stone guy feels bad and is in the town alone, and he ends up turning people back to normal. I don’t remember what happened after; but they were going to the town to fix their cat I think.

_ DOGS ARE THE BEST!
Go see my cattails topic: https://scratch.mit.edu/discuss/topic/599083/

(O-0)
/ \

Generation Y (11): the first time you see this copy and paste it on top of your sig in the scratch forums and increase generation by 1. Social experiment.
Minecraft_Master3964
Scratcher
500+ posts

Minecraft_Master3964 wrote:

Minecraft_Master3964 wrote:

I remember a Candy Tycoon Roblox game that I enjoyed… However, I cannot find the URL, because there are so many candy tycoons on Roblox already.
Things that set it apart were:
1. Multiple outfits available (including Gingerbread Man)
2. Donut UFO
3. Squeaky Sword that every player starts with
4. Music playing at random intervals (including Alone by Marshmello)

I am not sure if I should post this here (as it is a Roblox game), but it would be a big help if somebody could find it.
Thank you!
bump leader second time

This is my signature

Some games I want people to see and support:
Dungeon Creator
Spongebob RPG (Beta) The Ultimate Adventure!

Mister game boi:
(+['-']⋯)

Mister EYES boi:
((\(o)_(o\)))

Some weird blocks:

move (if <> then {} ::control stack) steps

when times green flag clicked > (10) ::hat events

Some Blocks from other programming languages

try {} except ( v) {} ::control

Best quotes ever:

WhoLetHimOut wrote:

Bump the trilogy Bump, Bump: The sequel and Bump (the trash reboot that everyone hated but still watched
Fun_Cupcake_i81
Scratcher
1000+ posts

Dogs-are-amazing1 wrote:

I watched it around 2015-2016 and it was about a tiny guy who could turn things to stone if he touched it. It starts with him turning a family’s cat to stone and then a kid finding it. I think they kept that a secret, but they told their parents about the guy. Early in the film they go to a restaurant with the guy, who makes new food up since the restaurant had bad food. They got kicked out for this; and then I don’t remember the middle of the film other than the dad becoming tiny and breaking his arm or leg. Later they reach to town where the guy is from and realize everyone has been turned to stone because the people were mean to him, and the family leaves. After this the stone guy feels bad and is in the town alone, and he ends up turning people back to normal. I don’t remember what happened after; but they were going to the town to fix their cat I think.
Oh! I don't know what movie this is, but I think someone else might be looking for it already! Sorry that I can't help you more

If you're wondering how I always have post numbers on hand, I genuinely wasted spent like a day making a spreadsheet of all the media people are looking for on this topic because I seem to genuinely have nothing better to do.

Hi! I'm Fun Cupcake and I pop onto the forums every now and then to ask questions or try and help out.
Also, I do in fact have a voice-acted series. It's a fantasy story and I'd love it if you'd check it out!
You could also check out Sprinkle Town, a town game I created inspired by Stardew Valley! (It's still in very early development stages.)
Dogs-are-amazing1
Scratcher
500+ posts

Fun_Cupcake_i81 wrote:

Dogs-are-amazing1 wrote:

Oh! I don't know what movie this is, but I think someone else might be looking for it already! Sorry that I can't help you more

If you're wondering how I always have post numbers on hand, I genuinely wasted spent like a day making a spreadsheet of all the media people are looking for on this topic because I seem to genuinely have nothing better to do.
Huh,that’s my sister. Thanks for showing me the post!

_ DOGS ARE THE BEST!
Go see my cattails topic: https://scratch.mit.edu/discuss/topic/599083/

(O-0)
/ \

Generation Y (11): the first time you see this copy and paste it on top of your sig in the scratch forums and increase generation by 1. Social experiment.
SAUnicornLover
Scratcher
72 posts

FandomIncorporated wrote:

Prince_Wolf1 wrote:

Me and my sister separately watched a movie when we were 5
Never learned the name
I’m just wondering..I liked it back then but it’s been 5 years so might not like it now…
At the beginning a small guy came from behind a peanut butter jar, there was a whole in the wall, it was in the kitchen and a kid saw I think?
A little l earlier or later.. he froze a cat to stone, the kids saw In the morning, found the guy(???), or something, asked him to turn them back, said he couldn’t, kid told him to try on a spider, he turns it to stone and tries to turn it back, it turns to dust

Fast forward a bit, the grownup thinks the cats lost, the cat was hidden under the kitchen sink by the kids earlier, there might’ve been a scene where they put up posters, there was a person( woman?)who was above them (apartment I think) who thought it was sad or said something like that’s tragic?

Fast forward a lot, they’re walking somewhere, the little guy hidden and the kids are bored I think. When they get there it’s a restaurant, the little guy makes the food pizza(?) and a hotdog , a kid behind them says something similar too “I want a hot dog!” Pointing too them
A waitress sees and they are taken too a room by (?) the owner (?)
The owner calls the police and while the owner is gone for a second, the guy makes the kids (boy and girl btw, siblings) and the dad small and they escape.this is the first time the dad learns about the small guy I think.you see the owner (?) come back, notice they’re gone and swears to the police they were there, I don’t think they believe him

Now they’re on the streets, in an alley behind the restaurant

At the end I remember that falling Down an apartment behind them/to the side like this:
O l
l being the apartment, O being the people
The kids say turn them back, hE says he can’t, they say try I think, he tries, turns them back, magic stuff around them, people stare they are happy with him and congratulate him, he might be big now

Soon it fades to black, roll credits blah blah I can’t remember

At the very beginning you see a lot of people turned to stone except this small guy, he escapes either with magic or from a hole

I’m not expecting you guys too know.. I’m just…curious… I liked it back then and would like to find it again
I’ve been wondering for years and gave up trying a a few months ago

It was either on prime or Netflix (Netflix I think) but might not be anymore, considering it’s been five years.

My sister might have more details, too which I will add.
Kinda sounds like a north korean thingy I saw in a saberspark video- i'M NOT SAYING IT IS THAT, Just that it sounds like THAT
off topic but HOMESTUCK!!!!!!!!!??????????????

when I receive [ gasoline] 
change [ arson count] by (1)
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dQw4w9WgXcQ
doth thou thinketh beforeth thou speaketh?
<() > ()>
this is my kumquat his name is Henry give him worms please
hehe broken Shakespearean Mr snoodle Mr snoodle **sounds** Mr snoodle Mr snoodle shift+down to see the rest if you cant
do not be confused if your at the same party I'm in and I'm just staring into the abyss I'm making a music video in my head for the song
fun fact babies need bright colors to simulate their brains so sure paint ur house grey but leave the toys and clothing alone Margret
©professional nerd since 2016 cause ive only been alive for that long I regret my past on scratch if you really want to see those old projects so bad then what's wrong with you CHEESE I used to not know how to spell girl so if you were my friend on scratch back then then I'm sorry you had to see the word ‘'grill’' used as the word ‘'girl’'
FNAF is cool security breach sucked though I am the man that pacs misery business by Paramore is amazing
[
Fun_Cupcake_i81
Scratcher
1000+ posts

Dogs-are-amazing1 wrote:

Huh,that’s my sister. Thanks for showing me the post!
Ohhh, that makes a lot of sense!! Good luck finding the movie - I just thought with both of your collective memories of it it might be easier to search for?

-Telekore-
Scratcher
1000+ posts

I posted a project about the myriad of lost music that I want to hear, which includes tips and advice on how to find lost releases

Last edited by -Telekore- (April 14, 2024 03:05:52)

Help me look for a cartoon I watched when I was younger!
Help me work on an upcoming iceberg!
She/they, autistic, cis female, I am bi, CD-R and DVD-R enthusiast.
< i have chronic llanfairpwllgwyngyllgogerychwyrndrobwlllantysiliogogogoch // Check out my drone project! // I am coleslawphobic.
Threads I created: Experimental Music, Obscure Cartoons, Puns and Jokes, Software Gore/Tech Fails, Unicode, Synthesizers, Obsolete and Peculiar Media Formats
Don't eat glue, kids. <- this part of my sig appeared in a dream so I wanted to put it here

FYI: “alot” and “aswell” aren't real words. Every spellchecker I've used puts a red squiggle under those “words”.
abubriski
Scratcher
100+ posts

petspez wrote:

abubriski wrote:

Was it a remix of this project?
I don't think so. I remember that the first level had a blue background, more saturated, and there wasn't a ceiling or back wall on the first level.

I'm searching for a kid-friendly name for the genre of ‘bear mascot spooky’ games.
Please give feedback of my signature/an answer to the question above on my profile whenever; it helps a lot
This is my signature. You may already know that when you click on this and press shift+down (that's the selecting downward keyboard shortcut), you can see more of it. (mobile users I'm trying to make sure that the most important stuff goes on top of this sig) Did you know this also happens with profile activity? XD

Lynx: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7

Wow a blue link
I JUST FOUND OUT THAT [Removed by evil kumquat]!

This is Carl Blah. Mr. Blah is glad to help in the field of kumquats or even the occasional calamondin.
((0) - (0))

when I receive [SpongeBob Musical]
say [THIS IS AWESOME] for (2) secs

SCRATCH HAS A HEIGHT CHART? (It's not a statement, it's a question.)

What a wonderful year (2024)! First Mojang listens, now the ST is listening: https://scratch.mit.edu/discuss/topic/746187/

Updated 5/3/2024 (MM/DD/YYYY)
Updated (many times) 3/25/2024 (MM/DD/YYYY)
Updated 3/5/2024 (MM/DD/YYYY)
Updated 11/14/2023 (MM/DD/YYYY)

END OF SIGNATURE
ScratchcatandGobo
Scratcher
1000+ posts

Dogs-are-amazing1 wrote:

I think it might be an Airbuddy film. I will have to see.

Yeah, but at least we've learned something today… that every moment of our life should be lived to the fullest because it can be very long or very short, my friend. - Gumball
I felt like I wanted to develop games on here, so I won't leave! (for now)
(last edited 2/8/24)

ithcus
Scratcher
96 posts

ithcus wrote:

there is a Musician from Montreal, Canada named Sea Oleena
her real name is Chorlotte Loseth
https://www.youtube.com/@CharlotteLoseth
this is her Youtube channel

the oldest video on it is a demo recording of her song ‘Untitled’, which was uploaded in 2010

anyhow, lets look at the comments, lots of them dating back to 2010 or so
this one is from 5 years ago - why'd you take ‘Shoulders’ off? oh I miss it and my only options are covers.
and this one from 4 years ago - Will you ever repost Shoulders for us? My heart still hurts that I can’t listen to that song anymore. It’s been years since it’s disappearance and I still can’t find it anywhere

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dqFSHeVs1Xo
this is a cover of the song from 2014, which you can make out the tune and lyrics
and that's it… that's all i can find about this song and it's not the original by Charlotte.

So, I am looking for the deleted video with ‘Shoulders’ by Sea Oleena!

still really want to find Shoulders
I'm probably the only person looking for this online, and I've gone though every website I mentions it but idk I believe it's somewhere online

made in the sun frame ☼ | grid of points – – – l.h.
Check out my Soundcloud!
LTV2008
Scratcher
57 posts

Hello, I found this MIDI song in a GeoCities archive and I’ve been listening to it for a while now and I want to know what it’s (really) called and who (really) made it (it’s just called Dance1 in the archive). The project that includes the song is here:
This is the song
The archive is also linked in the description.
Edit: I also want to find which GeoCities site it comes from
(If you can’t find it that’s ok)

Last edited by LTV2008 (April 14, 2024 20:37:06)

Fun_Cupcake_i81
Scratcher
1000+ posts

ithcus wrote:

still really want to find Shoulders
I'm probably the only person looking for this online, and I've gone though every website I mentions it but idk I believe it's somewhere online
Being the only one looking for a given song hit a little too close to home for me, so I did some digging myself - managed to find the video ID (a6sKc-bvvUs) but afaik not on Wayback. (Although it is very possible that it is in fact there somewhere, a lot of the YouTube archival uploads are frustratingly just a ton of videos put into huge ZIP files with no metadata as to what videos are contained within - and there's like, 100s of these - So it can be really difficult to tell. If you download the ZIPs and unZIP them there are text files with the IDs of the videos - amongst other tech-gibberish that probably means something to somebody - but there's no way to search through all of them short of downloading every single one. If I ever get around to it I was thinking of attempting to make a program (in Snap! assuming I can actually use it well enough by that point - because Scratch is really annoying and can't handle commas for some reason -_-) that would comb through those text files for IDs of specific videos and then just brute force downloading and deleting through as many of them I can get through before I give up )
Note: I may have gotten something wrong in the above statement but Wayback does not exactly make it easy to comb through their archives, unfortunately - so do correct me if I'm wrong here!

Last edited by Fun_Cupcake_i81 (April 14, 2024 20:32:29)

LTV2008
Scratcher
57 posts

LTV2008 wrote:

Hello, I found this MIDI song in a GeoCities archive and I’ve been listening to it for a while now and I want to know what it’s (really) called and who (really) made it (it’s just called Dance1 in the archive). The project that includes the song is here:
This is the song
The archive is also linked in the description.
Edit: I also want to find which GeoCities site it comes from
(If you can’t find it that’s ok)

It has a timestamp of:
1997-10-02 22:36
so it would be:
02-10-1997 10:36 pm(?)
or
10-02-1997 10:36 pm(?)

can you help me to find this?