Discuss Scratch

bybb
Scratcher
1000+ posts

[SEARCHING THREAD] Is there any piece of media that you’re looking for? + Lost Media Discussion Thread

cs156175 wrote:

bybb wrote:

cs156175 wrote:

bybb wrote:

I'm looking for a game on the original XBox.
It had a “character” creation / editing system almost identical to the game Spore and it was on various planets; you had a space ship.
I never got very far in to it, and I can't find anything like this on the OG XBox.
Could anyone help?
What year did you play it in? That’ll help to rule out a bunch of newer games.
Would've been between 2006 to 2008 roughly, maybe a year earlier.
I’ll try to find it. While I look, here’s a list of every Xbox game to see if any ring a bell.
Candidates: Battlestar Galactica (2003)
Blinx or Blinx 2: Possibly a long shot because the characters are animals.
Question: Are you confident the game wasn’t Star Wars or Star Trek related?
Neither of those, and yes I'm confident it wasn't Star Wars or Star Trek related.

Game Over
You'll find me on @LastContinue from now on.
TheRealNetherBefore
Scratcher
1000+ posts

[SEARCHING THREAD] Is there any piece of media that you’re looking for? + Lost Media Discussion Thread

cs156175 wrote:

TheRealNetherBefore wrote:

owlannaelsa wrote:

Was it OceanDive?
I'm.. not sure? Graphics-wise it looks like it could be it but the colours seem a bit too dull and it isn't ringing any bells looking at it.
This is really conflicting. It fits so many of the criteria but possibly the two most important ones don’t fit it.
-Realistic graphics
-Fish
-Screensaver mode
-Coral
-Coral hills
However…
It doesn’t have the bubbles or a narrator, which are the two main things.
EDIT: WAIT! Is it the one at 2:41 in this video? Bubbles, check. Fish, check. Noises, check. Exactly 2 coral hills, check! It could’ve been on a blue background.
That looks very close to what I remember, especially the fish that swims past, though I remember the background being blue.

*Drinks ketchup*
there is no ethical consumption under capitalism my dudes
Small Games | Tips and Advice | Boredom Cat | Misc
Want to make a fantasy world everyone on scratch can use? Click here!
G'thorpax the Unspoken
cs156175
Scratcher
1000+ posts

bybb wrote:

cs156175 wrote:

bybb wrote:

cs156175 wrote:

bybb wrote:

It had a “character” creation / editing system almost identical to the game Spore and it was on various planets; you had a space ship.
I never got very far in to it, and I can't find anything like this on the OG XBox.
Could anyone help?
I’ll try to find it. While I look, here’s a list of every Xbox game to see if any ring a bell.
Neither of those, and yes I'm confident it wasn't Star Wars or Star Trek related.
Okay. What other aspects could you be misremembering? Could it have possibly been a mecha piloting game instead of a spaceship? Was it regular 3d or 2d or pixel?

cs156175 wrote:

owlannaelsa wrote:

Was it OceanDive?
I'm.. not sure? Graphics-wise it looks like it could be it but the colours seem a bit too dull and it isn't ringing any bells looking at it.
This is really conflicting. It fits so many of the criteria but possibly the two most important ones don’t fit it.
-Realistic graphics
-Fish
-Screensaver mode
-Coral
-Coral hills
However…
It doesn’t have the bubbles or a narrator, which are the two main things.
EDIT: WAIT! Is it the one at 2:41 in this video? Bubbles, check. Fish, check. Noises, check. Exactly 2 coral hills, check! It could’ve been on a blue background.
That looks very close to what I remember, especially the fish that swims past, though I remember the background being blue.
That might be because your computer had a blue background. I’m not sure exactly how they work, but I think the screensavers could be superimposed on different colors.

bybb
Scratcher
1000+ posts

cs156175 wrote:

bybb wrote:

cs156175 wrote:

bybb wrote:

cs156175 wrote:

bybb wrote:

Could anyone help?
Okay. What other aspects could you be misremembering? Could it have possibly been a mecha piloting game instead of a spaceship? Was it regular 3d or 2d or pixel?
You didn't pilot a spaceship, you just had one, it was a 3D game.

Game Over
You'll find me on @LastContinue from now on.
TheRealNetherBefore
Scratcher
1000+ posts

cs156175 wrote:

That might be because your computer had a blue background. I’m not sure exactly how they work, but I think the screensavers could be superimposed on different colors.
I'm gonna chalk it up to that, and assume that the bubble/fish line was probably from a nightmare, a misremembered sentence from a family member or some kind of easter egg in the screensaver. Anyway it seems like screensavers like what I remember are quite common, so I don't think it's too bizarre to assume that the thing I remember was just one of those. I might ask my family about it again and see if my dad knows the exact thing I remember.

*Drinks ketchup*
G'thorpax the Unspoken
MingoNewsChannel
Scratcher
100+ posts

I'm looking for a picture book about a kid who's brother gets awesome Halloween costumes, but he gets terrible ones. The ones I remember:

- For his 1st Halloween, his brother was a wizard, and he was a cat.
- When he was 5, his brother was a mouse, and he was a slice of cheese.
- When he was 6, he had to wear a grape costume, which he got bullied at school over. There was a Fruit of the Loom joke thrown in there too, and the grape costume was featured on the front of the book.
- Eventually, he tells his parents he doesn't want to have to go along with his brother's costumes, and so he gets to choose what his costume is from now on.

Please help me out here.

i am a random person that makes pg family friendly content so subscribe for good luck forever

> NUMBER OF POSTS ON 2.0: 389
> NUMBER OF POSTS ON 3.0: 1
when green flag clicked
blockspam
blockspam
blockspam
slockbpam
spamblock
the spamming of the block
blockspamming
blockspammer
blockspammed
stop [my life v]
cs156175
Scratcher
1000+ posts

bybb wrote:

cs156175 wrote:

bybb wrote:

cs156175 wrote:

bybb wrote:

cs156175 wrote:

bybb wrote:

Could anyone help?
You didn't pilot a spaceship, you just had one, it was a 3D game.
Okay. What was the actual game like? What was your goal?

MingoNewsChannel wrote:

I'm looking for a picture book about a kid who's brother gets awesome Halloween costumes, but he gets terrible ones. The ones I remember:

- When he was 6, he had to wear a grape costume, which he got bullied at school over. There was a Fruit of the Loom joke thrown in there too, and the grape costume was featured on the front of the book.
- Eventually, he tells his parents he doesn't want to have to go along with his brother's costumes, and so he gets to choose what his costume is from now on.

Please help me out here.

Are you completely sure it was a guy?

MingoNewsChannel
Scratcher
100+ posts

cs156175 wrote:

MingoNewsChannel wrote:

Please help me out here.

Yes, I'm sure he was a guy.

i am a random person that makes pg family friendly content so subscribe for good luck forever

when green flag clicked
blockspam
blockspam
blockspam
slockbpam
spamblock
blockspamming
blockspammer
blockspammed
stop [my life v]
LionHeart70
Scratcher
1000+ posts

I'll probably come back to this thread regularly. There were a lot of things (notably shows) that I remember liking when I was younger that I can't remember the names of and they were also fairly obscure things too.

Anyway, one of the most notable I just thought of was a show that came out around 2013 (it was a preschool show, but for some reason I liked watching it when I was about 8-9). It aired on Nick Jr and it was about a brother and sister (a lot of shows I watched when I was younger had a brother and sister as the main characters for some reason, don't really know why) who were basically those little wooden puppet-things inside clocks that would come out every hour and do a little dance or something like that. The show was basically about what they would do inside the clock between hours. I don't remember all the characters, but I remember there was a dog-train that would help them get to the clock when it would chime, a bat that owned a shop, a cow that would bake things, a spotted dog-like animal (I could never really figure out what animal he was, but I have a feeling he was probably a hyena) who would build and fix things, and a rabbit who was kind of considered the “annoying” or “comic relief” character. Anyway, in each episode I remember that the two main characters would basically go around the town inside the clock, interact with the characters, etc. and would face a problem that could potentially cause them to not be able to get to the clock when it chimed.
I actually thought it was kind of an interesting idea for a show.

lh70 / nora/tobi / she-they pronouns / pansexual-demisexual / 14 / sagittarius / furry / artist / intp / stop-motion films / lbp / fall out boy / panic! at the disco / twenty one pilots / stranger things / a series of unfortunate events
“When you have a bad day, a really bad day, try and treat the world better than it treated you.” -Patrick Stump
“Music seems to hold everything together. It seems to make things not so chaotic sometimes. It seems to make things make more sense sometimes.” -Tyler Joseph
“You'll fear your fears forever if you never do things you're afraid of.” -Josh Dun
“I'm still figuring out who I am, but I know I'm not who I was.” -Brendon Urie
cs156175
Scratcher
1000+ posts

LionHeart70 wrote:

I'll probably come back to this thread regularly. There were a lot of things (notably shows) that I remember liking when I was younger that I can't remember the names of and they were also fairly obscure things too.

Anyway, one of the most notable I just thought of was a show that came out around 2013 (it was a preschool show, but for some reason I liked watching it when I was about 8-9). It aired on Nick Jr and it was about a brother and sister (a lot of shows I watched when I was younger had a brother and sister as the main characters for some reason, don't really know why) who were basically those little wooden puppet-things inside clocks that would come out every hour and do a little dance or something like that. The show was basically about what they would do inside the clock between hours. I don't remember all the characters, but I remember there was a dog-train that would help them get to the clock when it would chime, a bat that owned a shop, a cow that would bake things, a spotted dog-like animal (I could never really figure out what animal he was, but I have a feeling he was probably a hyena) who would build and fix things, and a rabbit who was kind of considered the “annoying” or “comic relief” character. Anyway, in each episode I remember that the two main characters would basically go around the town inside the clock, interact with the characters, etc. and would face a problem that could potentially cause them to not be able to get to the clock when it chimed.
Tickety Toc!

nickeljorn
Scratcher
1000+ posts

I need you to find two things:
  • This children’s book series that was about five or six books long, and each had about four chapters. I remember that some of the main characters were a pig, the pig’s owners, an old woman named Baby (Yes. It’s confusing I know), her older sister, and a theif who sold popcorn near the end of the series.
  • A manga series about five books long about a girl named Nana who finds a magic Diary with a witch inside.

"Just what is the Summer Solstice, besides the day I melt into a puddle of fuzzy puppy fluff?”-Isabelle, Animal Crossing New Leaf
nickeljorn
Scratcher
1000+ posts

cs156175 wrote:

LionHeart70 wrote:

Tickety Toc!

Oh, I remember that show!
Also, there are TONS of kids shows about brothers and sisters. Think Olivia, Max and Ruby, Peppa Pig, etc.

"Just what is the Summer Solstice, besides the day I melt into a puddle of fuzzy puppy fluff?”-Isabelle, Animal Crossing New Leaf
cs156175
Scratcher
1000+ posts

nickeljorn wrote:

• This children’s book series that was about five or six books long, and each had about four chapters. I remember that some of the main characters were a pig, the pig’s owners, an old woman named Baby (Yes. It’s confusing I know), her older sister, and a theif who sold popcorn near the end of the series.
  • A manga series about five books long about a girl named Nana who finds a magic Diary with a witch inside.
Are these ones you know the name of and are having me find or are they genuine? Either way, I’ll try to find them.

nickeljorn
Scratcher
1000+ posts

cs156175 wrote:

nickeljorn wrote:

Are these ones you know the name of and are having me find or are they genuine? Either way, I’ll try to find them.

Genuine.

MingoNewsChannel
Scratcher
100+ posts

nickeljorn wrote:

cs156175 wrote:

LionHeart70 wrote:

Tickety Toc!

Oh, I remember that show!
Also, there are TONS of kids shows about brothers and sisters. Think Olivia, Max and Ruby, Peppa Pig, etc.
Don't forget Ben and Holly's Kingdom! Didn't grow up with that one (mickey mouse clubhouse 4 lyfe!), but it's still on Nick Jr.

when green flag clicked
blockspam
blockspam
blockspam
slockbpam
spamblock
blockspamming
blockspammer
blockspammed
stop [my life v]
cs156175
Scratcher
1000+ posts

nickeljorn wrote:

cs156175 wrote:

nickeljorn wrote:

Genuine.
The first one is Mercy Watson!

Last edited by cs156175 (Oct. 2, 2018 21:50:44)

MingoNewsChannel
Scratcher
100+ posts

MingoNewsChannel wrote:

cs156175 wrote:

MingoNewsChannel wrote:

Please help me out here.

OTHER INFORMATION:
- During his 1st Halloween, he threw up in the bobbing for apples bucket.
- When he was 7, he gets to choose his Halloween costume, and I'm not sure what it was, but I think it involved a cardboard box.
- It's name started with The Best or The Worst.
- The background on the cover was a night sky.

when green flag clicked
blockspam
blockspam
blockspam
slockbpam
spamblock
blockspamming
blockspammer
blockspammed
stop [my life v]
cs156175
Scratcher
1000+ posts

MingoNewsChannel wrote:

MingoNewsChannel wrote:

cs156175 wrote:

MingoNewsChannel wrote:

Please help me out here.

OTHER INFORMATION:
- When he was 7, he gets to choose his Halloween costume, and I'm not sure what it was, but I think it involved a cardboard box.
Okay. Just to be clear, this isn’t a short chapter book?

cs156175
Scratcher
1000+ posts

cs156175 wrote:

MingoNewsChannel wrote:

MingoNewsChannel wrote:

cs156175 wrote:

MingoNewsChannel wrote:

Please help me out here.

OTHER INFORMATION:
Okay. Just to be clear, this isn’t a short chapter book?
WAIT! I found it! Here you go.

TheRealNetherBefore
Scratcher
1000+ posts

Hey, I'm looking for a song. I've heard this song used in the youtube video “{YTP}- Wow! I'm Hungry! (Wow! It's Made! 3)” around the 'the crunchlets' part of the video. The song's using the beat from Nicki Minaj- Turn Me On, however it contains a rap part that's not included on the original song, making me think it's a rap using the beat as a sample (or the other way round, you never know).

I'm also sort-of looking for a product I saw a few days ago in town. It was some kind of old lady bag (you know the ones on wheels?) that was a grey colour with a light blue comic sans H (lower case) on the front at an angle. There was also some writing on one of the sides, might have been a company name? I wouldn't expect you to find it, I just thought it was so wild when I saw it and I don't think I'll ever recover.

*Drinks ketchup*
G'thorpax the Unspoken