Discuss Scratch

han614698
Scratcher
1000+ posts

Scratch Wiki Community Portal - in the forums!

jvvg wrote:

han614698 wrote:

I filled out my Wiki Request form, then hit submit and commented on the verif project. It said:

Please Comment your verification code on the Project

Already Requested? View Here!

<MY FILLED OUT FORM HERE>

I clicked on view here, and then typed in my username and password. It said, ERROR. Is this normal?
The error message at the top indicated it did not properly recognize that you submitted the code. Sometimes it takes a few seconds to register. Trying again should resolve the issue.
Thank you!

<Scratch Wikian | Forum Helper | Almost to 6000 Posts! | Please be aware I may mistype things, my wrist is fractured>

Credit to -gge for the icons in my signature | I condensed all this code into five lines using [p] tags, idk why

onesmallstep
Scratcher
3 posts

I have translated resources for scratch week 2021 to Tamil language and also, working on other resources. Could you please add my name to the list of translators?
R434660
Scratcher
5 posts

onesmallstep wrote:

I have translated resources for scratch week 2021 to Tamil language and also, working on other resources. Could you please add my name to the list of translators?

Last edited by R434660 (June 10, 2021 15:10:37)

R434600
R4356th
Scratcher
1000+ posts

onesmallstep wrote:

Hello, what is your Scratch username?
jvvg
Scratcher
1000+ posts

onesmallstep wrote:

It doesn't look like your name is listed in Transifex, did you do your translation under a different account, or did you use a different platform for Scratch Week?

Professional web developer and lead engineer on the Scratch Wiki
Maybe the Scratch Team isn't so badWhy the April Fools' Day forum didn't work last year
KangaCoder
Scratcher
1000+ posts

I never thought spamming would be so fun

preferably a button
preferably the Random Page button

R4356th wrote:

onesmallstep wrote:

Hello, what is your Scratch username?
I'm guessing their username is “onesmallstep”? :P

Last edited by KangaCoder (June 10, 2021 15:14:39)

don't feed the trolls. feed yourself pizza cupcakez .[1] [2] [3] [4]

KangaCoder • [he/him] • kæŋɡəˈ koʊdər

Random Fun Facts: Male, Christian, US resident, EST time zone, Ravenclaw, likes Math and Science, learning German, knows HTML, Python and Java, loves chocolate, favorite color, possibly a kangaroo
On the Main Site: Experienced Wikian, Camp Counselor, SWC Reviewer, SDS Helper, Forum Helper
On the Forums: 2.65K+ forum posts
Project Ideas Directory 6.0 - need a project idea? Check it out!
Check out some weird and cool Scratch pages!
onesmallstep
Scratcher
3 posts

onesmallstep wrote:

Thanks for the replies. I worked under the name Abirami_S. Sorry, forgot to mention that!
jvvg
Scratcher
1000+ posts

onesmallstep wrote:

onesmallstep wrote:

Thanks for the replies. I worked under the name Abirami_S. Sorry, forgot to mention that!
I added you.

Maybe the Scratch Team isn't so badWhy the April Fools' Day forum didn't work last year
onesmallstep
Scratcher
3 posts

jvvg wrote:

onesmallstep wrote:

onesmallstep wrote:

I added you.
Thank you so much!
DeepSaiExplorer
Scratcher
2 posts

Can I create a template on the Scratch Wiki called: informal?
Each parameter tells which sections to check.
This template is useful because a user doesn't need to do a lot of work. Instead, multiple users do it together.
CodeLearnerSai
Scratcher
100+ posts

DeepSaiExplorer wrote:

This template is useful because a user doesn't need to do a lot of work. Instead, multiple users do it together.
I sent this message. The user who wrote the original post is an alternate account of me.
jvvg
Scratcher
1000+ posts

DeepSaiExplorer wrote:

What would the template say? I can't really tell from the title.

CodeLearnerSai
Scratcher
100+ posts

jvvg wrote:

DeepSaiExplorer wrote:

It tells that the article or section is informal.
jvvg
Scratcher
1000+ posts

CodeLearnerSai wrote:

jvvg wrote:

DeepSaiExplorer wrote:

It tells that the article or section is informal.
In that case just use the “Wiki Standards” template, as being informal is against Wiki Standards.

dertermenter
Scratcher
1000+ posts

I would like a change to this article: https://en.scratch-wiki.info/wiki/Scratch_Team/ on where it states the ST names.

I think the last name initial should be removed on everyone as the ST do not like it still:

Za-chary wrote:

Yeah, that's not really something we're happy with.

(source)

The2000 wrote:

All suggestions are unnecessary. If a suggestion is necessary then it's a bug report.

dertermenter wrote:

April Fools Day on the forums has been a repeated privilege, not an expectation
dhuls
Scratcher
1000+ posts

If you are not an Admin/EW and you find someone with a custom signature that breaks the rules for custom sigs, can you leave a message on their talk page to ask them to change it, or can only Admins/EWs do that?
jvvg
Scratcher
1000+ posts

dertermenter wrote:

I would like a change to this article: https://en.scratch-wiki.info/wiki/Scratch_Team/ on where it states the ST names.

I think the last name initial should be removed on everyone as the ST do not like it still:

Za-chary wrote:

Yeah, that's not really something we're happy with.

(source)
Our page should mirror the credits, which do not include last names or initials for current Scratch Team members, so yes I agree with that.

dhuls wrote:

If you are not an Admin/EW and you find someone with a custom signature that breaks the rules for custom sigs, can you leave a message on their talk page to ask them to change it, or can only Admins/EWs do that?
Yes, you can leave them a message on their talk page. However, you cannot edit the signature yourself if they do not abide by your request unless it obviously violates Community Guidelines or is majorly breaking pages.

10goto10
Scratcher
500+ posts

jvvg wrote:

Our page should mirror the credits, which do not include last names or initials for current Scratch Team members, so yes I agree with that.

Actually you’re going to need to more that just drop last initials. The Scratch Credit page no longer lists current members of the Scratch Team. That was replaced with current members of the Scratch Foundation. Some of them are not shown to be ‘Scratch Team’ on their profile which makes sense if only some of the Foundation people need to be admins.

Do you have an Animate a Name project that you'd like to have added to a studio? Please leave a comment in this studio.

10goto10
Scratcher
500+ posts

Looping back to the discussion about how to define Spam. Paddle2see gave me this definition “We consider spam any content that is not-contributing to the topic and is annoying to others”. https://scratch.mit.edu/users/10goto10/#comments-145703564

I know that you are attached to your definition (irreverent and unneeded) and I anticipate that you’ll just say that yours is the correct definition, but, I’ve provided you with what the Scratch Team considers to be spam (from an actual Scratch Team member).

I think this is better definition given that “irreverent” is not a commonly used word and “annoying to others” just has a clearer meaning.

Do you have an Animate a Name project that you'd like to have added to a studio? Please leave a comment in this studio.

jvvg
Scratcher
1000+ posts

10goto10 wrote:

Looping back to the discussion about how to define Spam. Paddle2see gave me this definition “We consider spam any content that is not-contributing to the topic and is annoying to others”. https://scratch.mit.edu/users/10goto10/#comments-145703564

I know that you are attached to your definition (irreverent and unneeded) and I anticipate that you’ll just say that yours is the correct definition, but, I’ve provided you with what the Scratch Team considers to be spam (from an actual Scratch Team member).

I think this is better definition given that “irreverent” is not a commonly used word and “annoying to others” just has a clearer meaning.
I have updated the intro the article accordingly and cited that comment as a source.