Discuss Scratch

han614698
Scratcher
1000+ posts

Scratch Wiki Community Portal - in the forums!

Hey Jvvg,

I sent a request and haven’t heard anything.

Does me being blocked for 4 days have anything to do it?

I sent it day before I got blocked.

<Scratch Wikian | Forum Helper | Almost to 6000 Posts! | Please be aware I may mistype things, my wrist is fractured>

Credit to -gge for the icons in my signature | I condensed all this code into five lines using [p] tags, idk why

jvvg
Scratcher
1000+ posts

han614698 wrote:

Hey Jvvg,

We have not received any account requests from you.

Professional web developer and lead engineer on the Scratch Wiki
Maybe the Scratch Team isn't so badWhy the April Fools' Day forum didn't work last year
KangaCoder
Scratcher
1000+ posts

10goto10 wrote:

jvvg wrote:

Our page should mirror the credits, which do not include last names or initials for current Scratch Team members, so yes I agree with that.

Actually you’re going to need to more that just drop last initials. The Scratch Credit page no longer lists current members of the Scratch Team. That was replaced with current members of the Scratch Foundation. Some of them are not shown to be ‘Scratch Team’ on their profile which makes sense if only some of the Foundation people need to be admins.
Za-Chary has stated that the Credits page takes months to update (src)

don't feed the trolls. feed yourself pizza cupcakez .[1] [2] [3] [4]

KangaCoder • [he/him] • kæŋɡəˈ koʊdər

Random Fun Facts: Male, Christian, US resident, EST time zone, Ravenclaw, likes Math and Science, learning German, knows HTML, Python and Java, loves chocolate, favorite color, possibly a kangaroo
On the Main Site: Experienced Wikian, Camp Counselor, SWC Reviewer, SDS Helper, Forum Helper
On the Forums: 2.65K+ forum posts
Project Ideas Directory 6.0 - need a project idea? Check it out!
Check out some weird and cool Scratch pages!
han614698
Scratcher
1000+ posts

jvvg wrote:

han614698 wrote:

Hey Jvvg,

What? How did that happen.
I’m literally crying rn because I spent two hours on it…

<Scratch Wikian | Forum Helper | Almost to 6000 Posts! | Please be aware I may mistype things, my wrist is fractured>

Credit to -gge for the icons in my signature | I condensed all this code into five lines using [p] tags, idk why

jvvg
Scratcher
1000+ posts

han614698 wrote:

jvvg wrote:

han614698 wrote:

Hey Jvvg,

Make sure that the form submits properly and doesn't show you any error messages. If the form does not specifically say we received your request, then we did not receive it.

Maybe the Scratch Team isn't so badWhy the April Fools' Day forum didn't work last year
han614698
Scratcher
1000+ posts

jvvg wrote:

han614698 wrote:

jvvg wrote:

han614698 wrote:

Hey Jvvg,

Make sure that the form submits properly and doesn't show you any error messages. If the form does not specifically say we received your request, then we did not receive it.
I submitted, it said “please comment on the project” I did, then it said error. Do I have to comment BEFORE submitting? If so, that should probably be made clearer.

jvvg
Scratcher
1000+ posts

han614698 wrote:

I submitted, it said “please comment on the project” I did, then it said error. Do I have to comment BEFORE submitting? If so, that should probably be made clearer.
Yes, you have to comment the code before you submit the request.

KangaCoder
Scratcher
1000+ posts

han614698 wrote:

Yeah, you have to comment before, so the verification bot thingy knows you have an account.

ninja'd by jvvg :P

Last edited by KangaCoder (June 12, 2021 17:30:15)

Random Fun Facts: Male, Christian, US resident, EST time zone, Ravenclaw, likes Math and Science, learning German, knows HTML, Python and Java, loves chocolate, favorite color, possibly a kangaroo
On the Main Site: Experienced Wikian, Camp Counselor, SWC Reviewer, SDS Helper, Forum Helper
han614698
Scratcher
1000+ posts

jvvg wrote:

han614698 wrote:

Oops… maybe make that clearer?

jvvg
Scratcher
1000+ posts

han614698 wrote:

jvvg wrote:

han614698 wrote:

How do you suggest we make it clearer? Like what wording would be good?

KangaCoder
Scratcher
1000+ posts

jvvg wrote:

han614698 wrote:

jvvg wrote:

han614698 wrote:

Please go to the user verification project and comment the code below before submitting?:

jvvg
Scratcher
1000+ posts

wangat wrote:

jvvg wrote:

han614698 wrote:

jvvg wrote:

han614698 wrote:

Please go to the user verification project and comment the code below before submitting?:
I have updated the page accordingly.

han614698
Scratcher
1000+ posts

jvvg wrote:

wangat wrote:

jvvg wrote:

han614698 wrote:

jvvg wrote:

han614698 wrote:

I have updated the page accordingly.
Okay.

kenny2scratch
Scratcher
500+ posts

dertermenter wrote:

I would like a change to this article: https://en.scratch-wiki.info/wiki/Scratch_Team/ on where it states the ST names.

I think the last name initial should be removed on everyone as the ST do not like it still:

Za-chary wrote:

Yeah, that's not really something we're happy with.

(source)
I responded to Za-Chary there, so I'll link my comment: https://scratch.mit.edu/users/Za-Chary/#comments-146030407

post brought to you by the preview links bug and previously the uploads site bug. 看一下中文 Scratch 維基想參加?請參考這頁
Join the Scratch Wiki!
Made by Scratchers, for Scratchers, since December 6, 2008

10goto10
Scratcher
500+ posts

wangat wrote:

10goto10 wrote:

jvvg wrote:

Our page should mirror the credits, which do not include last names or initials for current Scratch Team members, so yes I agree with that.

Actually you’re going to need to more that just drop last initials. The Scratch Credit page no longer lists current members of the Scratch Team. That was replaced with current members of the Scratch Foundation. Some of them are not shown to be ‘Scratch Team’ on their profile which makes sense if only some of the Foundation people need to be admins.
Za-Chary has stated that the Credits page takes months to update (src)

There is no longer is a list of “Scratch Team” members on the website. It’s ‘Our Team’ now and is based on being part of the Scratch Foundation. Maybe Za-Chary would confirm that the meaning of the list is the same and only the title and description have changed.

I’m just saying I would expect that some employees of the Scratch Foundation to not require having admin privileges. Or maybe the current list is really “Our Team - the staff of the Scratch Foundation except for the people in the basement who just work on fundraising”.

(And as long as you are making updates, the link to the Credits page now says “Our Team”).

Do you have an Animate a Name project that you'd like to have added to a studio? Please leave a comment in this studio.

dertermenter
Scratcher
1000+ posts

kenny2scratch wrote:

dertermenter wrote:

I would like a change to this article: https://en.scratch-wiki.info/wiki/Scratch_Team/ on where it states the ST names.

I think the last name initial should be removed on everyone as the ST do not like it still:

Za-chary wrote:

Yeah, that's not really something we're happy with.

(source)
I responded to Za-Chary there, so I'll link my comment: https://scratch.mit.edu/users/Za-Chary/#comments-146030407
Please see my comments t back there. I disagree.

The2000 wrote:

All suggestions are unnecessary. If a suggestion is necessary then it's a bug report.

dertermenter wrote:

April Fools Day on the forums has been a repeated privilege, not an expectation
Za-Chary
Scratcher
1000+ posts

dertermenter wrote:

kenny2scratch wrote:

I ask the both of you to please continue the conversation in this forum topic, or on one of your profiles, rather than on my profile. It would probably be easier that way.

Last edited by Za-Chary (June 14, 2021 11:52:58)

This is my forum signature! On a forum post, it is okay for Scratchers to advertise in their forum signature. The signature is the stuff that shows up below the horizontal line on the post. It will show up on every post I make.

I was a Scratch Team member from May 10th 2019 to October 29th 2021.

my notebook | scratch team essay | accessibility essay
dertermenter
Scratcher
1000+ posts

Za-Chary wrote:

dertermenter wrote:

kenny2scratch wrote:

I ask the both of you to please continue the conversation in this forum topic, or on one of your profiles, rather than on my profile. It would probably be easier that way.
Sure.

People’s privacy is more important than recognition. And it saids the ST names anyway on there, so you can easily recognize.

The2000 wrote:

All suggestions are unnecessary. If a suggestion is necessary then it's a bug report.

dertermenter wrote:

April Fools Day on the forums has been a repeated privilege, not an expectation
KangaCoder
Scratcher
1000+ posts

dertermenter wrote:

People’s privacy is more important than recognition. And it saids the ST names anyway on there, so you can easily recognize.
True. Although @kenny2scratch has said they are used to differentiate ST members with the same first names.

Besides, the credits page shows some ST members’ last names, so it makes sense that if the ST is willing to share them, the Wiki should too.

kenny2scratch
Scratcher
500+ posts

dertermenter wrote:

-snip-

My point is that I don't believe any privacy is lost here. There are surnames galore that start with each letter of the alphabet. Besides, the “past members” section of the credits page lists full names anyway. This is why I called Za-Chary's comment “hypocrisy”.
Also, the Wiki and the Scratch credits page have different goals. The Wiki has a greater need for specificity than the credits page, and thus needs to disambiguate people with the same first name. While there are many people with the same first name and last initial, the chances of two of them being on the Scratch Team (experimentally 0% - no ST members have the same first name and last initial) are much lower than the chances of two ST members having the same first name alone (experimentally 100% - Chris G. and Chris W-F. are both named Chris).

post brought to you by the preview links bug and previously the uploads site bug. 看一下中文 Scratch 維基想參加?請參考這頁
Join the Scratch Wiki!
Made by Scratchers, for Scratchers, since December 6, 2008