Discuss Scratch

CaptainVictoria
Scratcher
1000+ posts

Official Ace Attorney Topic

Crazibot wrote:

CaptainVictoria wrote:

Sooo… Has anyone else seen any similarities between Lana Skye and Kristoph Gavin's roles within the story? Don't get me wrong here, I know Lana isn't a jerk and a cold and heartless murderer, but she still helped in killing a man, regardless of her personality. Think about it.

• They're both shown as the older sibling to a (more or less) main character.
  • Both younger siblings look up to them.
  • They were both a mentor to a main character. (Lana was a very good influence on Miles from what I've seen.
And: {Spoiler}
  • They both murdered someone in some way or form. Its just that Lana was also a victim of her circumstances and can be treated more like an accomplice.

(I'll probably have better insight when I play RFTA and Apollo Justice, or this entire (shower) thought could be null and void. I might be very wrong and hurtful towards Lana's image here, if so, I'm sorry.)

P.S: I also feel like Kristoph is kind of similar to Gant in some ways.
I-
You're right?
It's been a while since I've played RFTA and AJ but you're right-
I think it's mainly coincidence and doesn't really connect the characters- but you're right. It also makes Kristoph similar to Gant. Gant is a very manipulative character. He actually shares a lot of his personality with Kristoph- now that it's pointed out.
Maybe that's Capcom's way of writing decent villains- they make them really impactful to the main character(s) so we care for them. And then reveal them to be murderers later on.

EDIT: Dang I'm ruling these pages look at me

Yeah, its like he's got the role of Lana and the personality of Gant. That's so weird…

You're probably right about that, they toy with our emotions and make us like certain characters, only to reveal them as killers. At least you can still like Lana after what's revealed. Kristoph is just… The NAIL POLISH KILLER… (Haven't found out what that nail polish is about, all I know is that he uses it to keep his fingernails from breaking.)
I'll be playing RFTA soon enough and then my facts will be entirely straight. As well as AJ, at some point. That one… Might be harder for me because there's no Edgeworth its set more into the future, but it might be a refreshment.
(Plus, Edgey got his own game from it didn't he? No appearence in AJ = His own game lololol)

You? Nibelheim!! Me? G O N G A G A ! !

I'm a Final Fantasy and Ace Attorney fan, though I've never played FF for myself.
Call me a geek or a weeb, whatever. Because I'm proud of it.
Transformers especially I've looked at the Wiki so many times, I'll get into the entire lore, yes… I'm that person.

I'm told I'm very good at recreating characters from my fandoms (which I'm kind of closed off from…)
Anyhoo, here are some of my best models.

AA:
Miles Edgeworth
Klavier Gavin
Gregory Edgeworth
Godot
My AA RP.

The entire collection of character models…

Gregory looks cool and objects my posts from kumquats.
Crazibot
Scratcher
500+ posts

Alright… uh… I've been meaning to ask about this for a while, but y'know, we got different things to talk about!

Which games are you guys currently playing? I'm currently at the beginning of the second case in Spirit of Justice and I haven't gotten a start on Investigations 2. (You gotta be in the right mood for Investigations, I swear)

Hi! I'm Onyx. You can also call me Crazi if you'd like.
I've had my account for about 4 years now, and, yeah, I've used the forums (and still do). This is actually where I met my online best friend of about 4 years, @CattyCodes!
I suggest you hang out on the forums if you aren't already. You might make a friend here! Or- You'll at least get to nerd out or help someone!
You're most likely to find me in the Ace Attorney forum, writing an informal essay about why a character needs some therapy. Or perhaps giving my support for an idea in the Suggestions forum. Or if you're lucky outside of the forums, I've animated something or maybe did a cover of a song with a friend. All in all, I'm here to help and have a bit of fun (and perhaps debate something while at it).

My current “essays”:
Ace Attorney Forum:
Why Klavier Gavin Should Get Some Dang Therapy
Why Phoenix Wright Should Get Some Dang Therapy
CaptainVictoria
Scratcher
1000+ posts

Crazibot wrote:

Alright… uh… I've been meaning to ask about this for a while, but y'know, we got different things to talk about!

Which games are you guys currently playing? I'm currently at the beginning of the second case in Spirit of Justice and I haven't gotten a start on Investigations 2. (You gotta be in the right mood for Investigations, I swear)
…Turnabout Goodbyes, heh… I'll be cornering the old prune soon, of course. Lol

(I'm in the middle of the Forgotten Turnabout on AAI2, but I think I'll just start the whole thing over again before I finish it.)

I'm a Final Fantasy and Ace Attorney fan, though I've never played FF for myself.
Transformers especially I've looked at the Wiki so many times, I'll get into the entire lore, yes… I'm that person.

I'm told I'm very good at recreating characters from my fandoms (which I'm kind of closed off from…)

AA:
Miles Edgeworth
Klavier Gavin
Gregory Edgeworth
Godot
My AA RP.

Also_lensdan1
Scratcher
1000+ posts

Not_Captain wrote:

Me when:
Hehehehehehehehe!

Gregory Edgeworth got stuck in Eeby Deeby.

| Hi! My name is Ren, I'm a teen boi who just likes to talk to people and make stoopdi projects on this goofy website. |
INFJ | 1w9 | RCOAI | Phlegmatic | FEVL

-My favorite Fandoms:
Final Fantasy VI-X (But my absolute favorite is VIII, which you'll see me obsess over.)
Ace Attorney
Better Call Saul
Spy X Family
Musical Theatre

-I also enjoy…
Soccer | Volleyball (I play center in both for my school!)
Underdogs on Youtube. The only 4 people on the internet I actually bother to follow lol.
Frankie Lollia also on Youtube!

A handful of my beans are here to protect my signature from evil kumquats:

Also_lensdan1
Scratcher
1000+ posts

Crazibot wrote:

The DLC episode in Dual Destinies. Hehehe, I love it so much so far.

| Hi! My name is Ren, I'm a teen boi who just likes to talk to people and make stoopdi projects on this goofy website. |

-My favorite Fandoms:
Final Fantasy VI-X (But my absolute favorite is VIII, which you'll see me obsess over.)
Ace Attorney
Better Call Saul
Spy X Family
Musical Theatre

-I also enjoy…
Underdogs on Youtube. The only 4 people on the internet I actually bother to follow lol.

Also_lensdan1
Scratcher
1000+ posts

CaptainVictoria wrote:

Crazibot wrote:

CaptainVictoria wrote:

Sooo… Has anyone else seen any similarities between Lana Skye and Kristoph Gavin's roles within the story? Don't get me wrong here, I know Lana isn't a jerk and a cold and heartless murderer, but she still helped in killing a man, regardless of her personality. Think about it.

• They were both a mentor to a main character. (Lana was a very good influence on Miles from what I've seen.
  • They both murdered someone in some way or form. Its just that Lana was also a victim of her circumstances and can be treated more like an accomplice.

(I'll probably have better insight when I play RFTA and Apollo Justice, or this entire (shower) thought could be null and void. I might be very wrong and hurtful towards Lana's image here, if so, I'm sorry.)

I-
You're right?
I think it's mainly coincidence and doesn't really connect the characters- but you're right. It also makes Kristoph similar to Gant. Gant is a very manipulative character. He actually shares a lot of his personality with Kristoph- now that it's pointed out.
Maybe that's Capcom's way of writing decent villains- they make them really impactful to the main character(s) so we care for them. And then reveal them to be murderers later on.

Yeah, its like he's got the role of Lana and the personality of Gant. That's so weird…

You're probably right about that, they toy with our emotions and make us like certain characters, only to reveal them as killers. At least you can still like Lana after what's revealed. Kristoph is just… The NAIL POLISH KILLER… (Haven't found out what that nail polish is about, all I know is that he uses it to keep his fingernails from breaking.)
I'll be playing RFTA soon enough and then my facts will be entirely straight. As well as AJ, at some point. That one… Might be harder for me because there's no Edgeworth its set more into the future, but it might be a refreshment.
(Plus, Edgey got his own game from it didn't he? No appearence in AJ = His own game lololol)
Oh yeah, I can see it now. I could always see how Klavier and Iris were alike, but I never thought about those two…

Haha, yeah, that was my one complaint with Apollo Justice. No Edgey. All the other characters in it are great though, and it certainly was refreshing to play. It's probably my “comfort game” now that I think about it… (But at least Gummy is in it.)

-My favorite Fandoms:
Ace Attorney
Better Call Saul
Spy X Family
Musical Theatre

-I also enjoy…

Also_lensdan1
Scratcher
1000+ posts

Quick rant about why I love Ema Skye:

She's so silly! :)

-My favorite Fandoms:
Ace Attorney
Better Call Saul
Spy X Family
Musical Theatre

-I also enjoy…

CaptainVictoria
Scratcher
1000+ posts

Also_lensdan1 wrote:

:O Very exquisite points, good sir!

AA:
Miles Edgeworth
Klavier Gavin
Gregory Edgeworth
Godot
My AA RP.

Also_lensdan1
Scratcher
1000+ posts

CaptainVictoria wrote:

Also_lensdan1 wrote:

:O Very exquisite points, good sir!

-My favorite Fandoms:
Ace Attorney
Better Call Saul
Spy X Family
Musical Theatre

-I also enjoy…

CaptainVictoria
Scratcher
1000+ posts

Also_lensdan1 wrote:

CaptainVictoria wrote:

Crazibot wrote:

CaptainVictoria wrote:

I-
You're right?

Oh yeah, I can see it now. I could always see how Klavier and Iris were alike, but I never thought about those two…

Haha, yeah, that was my one complaint with Apollo Justice. No Edgey. All the other characters in it are great though, and it certainly was refreshing to play. It's probably my “comfort game” now that I think about it… (But at least Gummy is in it.)
Yeah! Plus their younger siblings are in luv-

It would have been nice to see Edgeworth in AJ, but he must have been rather busy, being chief prosecutor. Did they even make mention of him?
I'll still like the game if it didn't of course! Plus, if he had shown up in AJ, we wouldn't have all the references to Gregory we had in DD after AAI2 was released, funny how that works.

I think I found the most comfort in both AAI games, my obsessed self wouldn't have it any other way-

AA:
Miles Edgeworth
Klavier Gavin
Gregory Edgeworth
Godot
My AA RP.

Crazibot
Scratcher
500+ posts

CaptainVictoria wrote:

Also_lensdan1 wrote:

CaptainVictoria wrote:

Crazibot wrote:

CaptainVictoria wrote:

I-
You're right?

It would have been nice to see Edgeworth in AJ, but he must have been rather busy, being chief prosecutor. Did they even make mention of him?
I'll still like the game if it didn't of course! Plus, if he had shown up in AJ, we wouldn't have all the references to Gregory we had in DD after AAI2 was released, funny how that works.

I think I found the most comfort in both AAI games, my obsessed self wouldn't have it any other way-
Yeah, fun fact, they didn't even mention Edgeworth in AJ. Not even from Phoenix's POV. (I would remember- That's the only thing I didn't like about Apollo Justice… no Edgeworth. ;-; )
Good point, we did get a decent amount of Gregory references in DD. I guess it's a fair trade-off?

Last edited by Crazibot (Jan. 3, 2023 12:46:01)

I've had my account for about 4 years now, and, yeah, I've used the forums (and still do). This is actually where I met my online best friend of about 4 years, @CattyCodes!
I suggest you hang out on the forums if you aren't already. You might make a friend here! Or- You'll at least get to nerd out or help someone!
You're most likely to find me in the Ace Attorney forum, writing an informal essay about why a character needs some therapy. Or perhaps giving my support for an idea in the Suggestions forum. Or if you're lucky outside of the forums, I've animated something or maybe did a cover of a song with a friend. All in all, I'm here to help and have a bit of fun (and perhaps debate something while at it).

My current “essays”:
Ace Attorney Forum:
Crazibot
Scratcher
500+ posts

CaptainVictoria wrote:

Crazibot wrote:

(I'm in the middle of the Forgotten Turnabout on AAI2, but I think I'll just start the whole thing over again before I finish it.)
Oh wow- you must have had a lot of spoilers then. 0-0
Sorry about that-

Also_lensdan1 wrote:

The DLC episode in Dual Destinies. Hehehe, I love it so much so far.
Speaking of so, how is it? Is it worth the money? ;w;

My current “essays”:
Ace Attorney Forum:
Not_Captain
Scratcher
100+ posts

I drew Gregory without a hat! :DDD

My entire siggy has some cool stuff, make sure to scroll down…!

Pssst- they all work…!
There is a second page to Google.
How many times have you quit before clicking that second page? On that page could have been just the thing you were looking for, don't give up before looking.

-

If you ever see Gregory Edgeworth as one of the trending searches on the aceattorney.fandom wiki, chances are it was me-

Crazibot
Scratcher
500+ posts

Not_Captain wrote:

Dang! That's pretty good!

My current “essays”:
Ace Attorney Forum:
CaptainVictoria
Scratcher
1000+ posts

Crazibot wrote:

CaptainVictoria wrote:

Also_lensdan1 wrote:

CaptainVictoria wrote:

Crazibot wrote:

CaptainVictoria wrote:

I-
You're right?

Yeah, fun fact, they didn't even mention Edgeworth in AJ. Not even from Phoenix's POV. (I would remember- That's the only thing I didn't like about Apollo Justice… no Edgeworth. ;-; )
Good point, we did get a decent amount of Gregory references in DD. I guess it's a fair trade-off?
Woah, really? Were they just trying to get rid of him or something?

I thought for sure they'd make some sort of reference, guess Phoenix didn't feel the need to bring up the Chief Prosecutor once. (And mentioning Edgeworth wouldn't have done anything for the story maybe?)

Yeah, fair enough. They still could have given him glasses, but we wouldn't have gotten much more than that.

AA:
Miles Edgeworth
Klavier Gavin
Gregory Edgeworth
Godot
My AA RP.

CaptainVictoria
Scratcher
1000+ posts

Crazibot wrote:

CaptainVictoria wrote:

Crazibot wrote:

Oh wow- you must have had a lot of spoilers then. 0-0
Sorry about that-
Hm, its fine. I actually have managed to mostly keep myself away from JFA spoilers, but T&T is a little different, there is however a difference between hearing/reading about it and experiencing it. I just can't wait to play them.

AA:
Miles Edgeworth
Klavier Gavin
Gregory Edgeworth
Godot
My AA RP.

CaptainVictoria
Scratcher
1000+ posts

Crazibot wrote:

Not_Captain wrote:

You liked that one?

Here's another!

AA:
Miles Edgeworth
Klavier Gavin
Gregory Edgeworth
Godot
My AA RP.

Crazibot
Scratcher
500+ posts

CaptainVictoria wrote:

Crazibot wrote:

Not_Captain wrote:

You liked that one?

Here's another!
How lovely!

My current “essays”:
Ace Attorney Forum:
CaptainVictoria
Scratcher
1000+ posts

Crazibot wrote:

CaptainVictoria wrote:

Crazibot wrote:

Not_Captain wrote:

You liked that one?

Here's another!
How lovely!
Thank you! I'll be animating it soon, and probably applying it to other poses.
It was so hard to get his hair right. Seriously, he's so detailed yet so simple, I got so confused.

His mouth says he's frowning but he looks like he's smiling what the heck-

AA:
Miles Edgeworth
Klavier Gavin
Gregory Edgeworth
Godot
My AA RP.

Crazibot
Scratcher
500+ posts

CaptainVictoria wrote:

Crazibot wrote:

Woah, really? Were they just trying to get rid of him or something?

I thought for sure they'd make some sort of reference, guess Phoenix didn't feel the need to bring up the Chief Prosecutor once. (And mentioning Edgeworth wouldn't have done anything for the story maybe?)

Yeah, fair enough. They still could have given him glasses, but we wouldn't have gotten much more than that.
Long essay ahead, be warned. Vaguely talks about Apollo Justice and the Trilogy but it's more character-wise so I'm not marking spoilers. I legit just wrote this up and thought it wouldn't be 2983 light years long but, y'know. I get carried away…
I think it implies that Edgeworth only stepped back into his life after the events of the game (which drags us to Dual Destinies)?
It was poor choice though (in my opinion). You'd think after Edgeworth hears about Wright being disbarred, he'd, y'know, be Edgeworth and ask about it? Edgeworth has dropped everything for Phoenix if he was needed at this point (For example, Forbidden Hospital Scene). It's kinda out of character that Miles didn't at least call him or something.
It's even odder that Phoenix didn't mention him throughout the entire game- He literally got his badge because he wanted to chase after him (and of course defend those who can't defend themselves), yet doesn't mention the guy who dragged him into law and what he (Edgeworth) is up to.
Maybe they were trying to get rid of him. I mean, they gave Apollo the spotlight after AA3 bc Takumi (the main writer at the time) thought Phoenix had enough of the spotlight and his character arc was over (basically). They replaced Edgeworth with Klavier. Gumshoe with Ema. Maya with Trucy and so on.
Phoenix wasn't supposed to be in the game. Capcom basically forced him in.
That's probably why Edgeworth didn't make an appearance. He wasn't supposed to.
Basically, Apollo Justice was supposed to be like Ace Attorney Chronicles. A new cast of characters, new cases, etc. It's just… when Phoenix was put back into the game as a disbarred lawyer with a daughter with no connection to Miles ( Larry, Iris, Maya, etc), it made all of them, including Phoenix himself, feel a bit out of character.

TO PUT IT SIMPLY CAUSE I LOVE RAMBLING: Phoenix wasn't supposed to be in the game originally, nor were any of the original cast, therefore that's probably why Edgeworth wasn't referenced/there in Apollo Justice, as weird and out of character as it is.

Honestly I still headcanon Edgeworth helping out emotionally and financially with what happened to Phoenix in AJ. It makes him feel a bit more in character and honestly makes a bit more sense in Dual Destinies.

I RULE PAGE 106 TOO??? DANG!

Last edited by Crazibot (Jan. 4, 2023 00:50:00)

My current “essays”:
Ace Attorney Forum: