Discuss Scratch

Austinato
Scratcher
1000+ posts

The United Shops of Scratch - Topic 1 (2016-2018)

jromagnoli wrote:

I choose The Dream Shop.
Okay. Your seats at Gentle Rain Coding Studio and Austinato's Art Market are now vacant.

7500+ posts (19th)
hellounicorns2
Scratcher
1000+ posts

The space shop’s New Representative is SwordieTheCoder

inactive :​)
Austinato
Scratcher
1000+ posts

hellounicorns2 wrote:

The space shop’s New Representative is SwordieTheCoder
Okay. Added.

7500+ posts (19th)
TimeLordPlanet
Scratcher
500+ posts

An unusual circumstance has occurred; DrChicken24 (now TheDrChicken) was appointed by -Anvard- as the first VP. Chicken was inactive, so he appointed you to likely replace him. Now that he is back, and -Anvard- is inactive, I'm confused on which adjustment to pick, although I'm leaning towards C:

Option A

President: TimeLordPlanet
VP: TheDrChicken

Since TheDrChicken was inactive during the appointment of TimeLordPlanet.

Option B

President: TheDrChicken
VP: TimeLordPlanet

TheDrChicken was the original VP.

Option C
Whole new week-long election to replace -Anvard- and make a new VP.
I'm leaning toward Option A . On a more serious note, can we please remember that I pretty much ran the place while it was inactive?

I like Scratch 3.0! An immesurable improvment! Banner coming soon!
hellounicorns2
Scratcher
1000+ posts

TimeLordPlanet wrote:

On a more serious note, can we please remember that I pretty much ran the place while it was inactive?
That is a good point.

Last edited by hellounicorns2 (March 13, 2018 07:13:13)

inactive :​)
jromagnoli
Scratcher
1000+ posts

TimeLordPlanet wrote:

An unusual circumstance has occurred; DrChicken24 (now TheDrChicken) was appointed by -Anvard- as the first VP. Chicken was inactive, so he appointed you to likely replace him. Now that he is back, and -Anvard- is inactive, I'm confused on which adjustment to pick, although I'm leaning towards C:

Option A

President: TimeLordPlanet
VP: TheDrChicken

Since TheDrChicken was inactive during the appointment of TimeLordPlanet.

Option B

President: TheDrChicken
VP: TimeLordPlanet

TheDrChicken was the original VP.

Option C
Whole new week-long election to replace -Anvard- and make a new VP.
I'm leaning toward Option A . On a more serious note, can we please remember that I pretty much ran the place while it was inactive?
Do we have rules of succession?

ROAD TO 10,000 POSTS
████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░ 64%

If you can read this, my signature cubeupload has been eaten by an evil kumquat!
hehehe!Mytiptopsecrettopicidentifier!ahjdgggfhjadggahjsahasgdjfsdjfga

Austinato
Scratcher
1000+ posts

hellounicorns2 wrote:

TimeLordPlanet wrote:

On a more serious note, can we please remember that I pretty much ran the place while it was inactive?
That is a good point.
Yes, indeed.
-

jromagnoli wrote:

The original proposition reads:
Presidential Replacement Rule

1. Vice President
2. Secretary
3. Chief Justice
4. Randomly picked/selected representative.
-
President - Representative Approval

Every four months, a new President (with Vice President and Secretary) is elected by the representatives of the USS.
As per the old rules of President, an election was due by January 2018.

I suggest holding a special election to make up that missed election, and that Presidential terms should last half a year rather than “four months.” This would mean there would be an election this month, June, and next January.

Last edited by Austinato (March 13, 2018 14:34:35)

7500+ posts (19th)
jromagnoli
Scratcher
1000+ posts

Austinato wrote:

hellounicorns2 wrote:

TimeLordPlanet wrote:

That is a good point.
Yes, indeed.
-

jromagnoli wrote:

Presidential Replacement Rule

1. Vice President
2. Secretary
3. Chief Justice
4. Randomly picked/selected representative.
-
President - Representative Approval

Every four months, a new President (with Vice President and Secretary) is elected by the representatives of the USS.
As per the old rules of President, an election was due by January 2018.

I suggest holding a special election to make up that missed election, and that Presidential terms should last half a year rather than “four months.” This would mean there would be an election this month, June, and next January.
Since TheDrChicken was VP, doesn't that mean officially I am next in line?
Regardless, we need to hold an election.

Last edited by jromagnoli (March 13, 2018 14:41:43)

ROAD TO 10,000 POSTS
████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░ 64%

If you can read this, my signature cubeupload has been eaten by an evil kumquat!

Austinato
Scratcher
1000+ posts

Announcement with VP Position
With confusion with who is Vice President and who is new President, here is the timeline of the positions and how they changed, and my new announcement with what is going to happen next.

Before October 15, 2017: -Anvard- is first USS President and DrChicken24 (now TheDrChicken) is first USS Vice President.
October 15, 2017: -Anvard- appoints TimeLordPlanet as second USS VP, replacing DrChicken. DrChicken is no longer in the head department.
October 15-December 31, 2017: -Anvard- is first USS President and TimeLordPlanet is second VP.
January 1, 2018: An election was scheduled but never occurred; the President and second VP are now into an extended term.
January 1-March 14, 2018: -Anvard- is inactive President and TimeLordPlanet is VP.
March 14-27, 2018: TimeLordPlanet is President (and is yet to pick a VP.)
After March 27, 2018: New President/VP term.
June 1, 2018: Another election is finished.

So, since TimeLordPlanet was appointed, he is considered Vice President until March 14, 2017 (-Anvard- has until tomorrow to respond to the activity check.) After he is removed for inactivity officially, which is March 14-27, TimeLordPlanet is USS President and the VP spot will be left empty (since neither the Secretary nor Chief Justice preferred to be promoted.) TLP can promote someone to VP.

When we finish the special election on March 27, 2018, we will have our new President and VP.

Now to March 14, 2018:
President -Anvard-
VP TimeLordPlanet
Secretary jromagnoli
March 14, 2018 to election date:
President TimeLordPlanet
VP jromagnoli
Secretary hellounicorn2
After election date:
President TBA
VP TBA
Secretary TBA

SUMMARY: TimeLordPlanet is VP, DrChicken is no longer part of head department. Tomorrow, if -Anvard- does not respond before then, TLP becomes President. No one accepted the promotion to VP. The Chief Justice position would remain vacant. The President and VP positions could be changed soon by a special election.

EDIT: The announcement of a special election and the refusal of promotion to VP is now included. Please refer to these posts for more information on the election: Informal announcement and official announcement posts.

Last edited by Austinato (March 14, 2018 23:00:21)

7500+ posts (19th)
MasterOfTheTiger
Scratcher
1000+ posts

Okay. Good to know.

Do you need a good banner, or coding, or something else? Check out MasterOfTheTiger and Coder_Annika's Shop
sig by @myed - get yours here.

MasterOfTheTiger: Owner of MasterOfTheTiger's Shop Triple S, Shop Helpers, and SH Orders.
MasterOfTheTiger: Worker at GlitterStores, Request Shop, +
MasterOfTheTiger: Devoted to the success of Scratch Shops.

Do you need a good banner, or coding, or something else? Check out MasterOfTheTiger's shop - I do banners, logos, thumbnails, coding, intros and more here!

GrahamSH
Scratcher
1000+ posts

Austinato wrote:

With confusion with who is Vice President and who is new President, here is the timeline of the positions and how they changed, and my new announcement with what is going to happen next.

Before October 15, 2017: -Anvard- is first USS President and DrChicken24 (now TheDrChicken) is first USS Vice President.
October 15, 2017: -Anvard- appoints TimeLordPlanet as second USS VP, replacing DrChicken. DrChicken is no longer in the head department.
October 15-December 31, 2017: -Anvard- is first USS President and TimeLordPlanet is second VP.
January 1, 2018: An election was scheduled but never occurred; the President and second VP are now into an extended term.
Now: -Anvard- is inactive President and TimeLordPlanet is VP.

So, since TimeLordPlanet was appointed, he is considered Vice President until March 14, 2017 (-Anvard- has until tomorrow to respond to the activity check.) After he is removed for inactivity officially, which is from March 14, to before whenever the next election is performed, TimeLordPlanet is USS President and jromagnoli is USS VP. Our Chief Justice can be promoted to Secretary and the Chief Justice position will become vacant once again.

When we perform an election, past March 14, that will decide the new President and VP.

Now to March 14, 2018:
President -Anvard-
VP TimeLordPlanet
Secretary jromagnoli
President TimeLordPlanet
VP jromagnoli
Secretary hellounicorn2
After election date:
President TBA
VP TBA
Secretary TBA

Anyone can deny the promotion.

SUMMARY: TimeLordPlanet is VP, DrChicken is no longer part of head department. Tomorrow, if -Anvard- does not respond before then, VP becomes President, Secretary becomes VP, and Chief Justice becomes Secretary. The Chief Justice position would remain vacant. The President and VP positions could be changed soon by a special election.
does drchicken have a new account. I will run for the election(again!)

i made a project inspector!! https://project-inspector.pages.dev/
i made this online agenda: https://ejenda.org

i helped make this site: https://umassmakers.cloud/
-raspberry_
Scratcher
500+ posts

GrahamSH wrote:

Austinato wrote:

So, since TimeLordPlanet was appointed, he is considered Vice President until March 14, 2017 (-Anvard- has until tomorrow to respond to the activity check.) After he is removed for inactivity officially, which is from March 14, to before whenever the next election is performed, TimeLordPlanet is USS President and jromagnoli is USS VP. Our Chief Justice can be promoted to Secretary and the Chief Justice position will become vacant once again.

When we perform an election, past March 14, that will decide the new President and VP.

Now to March 14, 2018:
President -Anvard-
VP TimeLordPlanet
Secretary jromagnoli
President TimeLordPlanet
VP jromagnoli
Secretary hellounicorn2
After election date:
President TBA
VP TBA
Secretary TBA

SUMMARY: TimeLordPlanet is VP, DrChicken is no longer part of head department. Tomorrow, if -Anvard- does not respond before then, VP becomes President, Secretary becomes VP, and Chief Justice becomes Secretary. The Chief Justice position would remain vacant. The President and VP positions could be changed soon by a special election.
I’ll also run for election if I’m eligible.
jromagnoli
Scratcher
1000+ posts

GrahamSH wrote:

Austinato wrote:

Now to March 14, 2018:
President -Anvard-
VP TimeLordPlanet
Secretary jromagnoli
President TimeLordPlanet
VP jromagnoli
Secretary hellounicorn2
After election date:
President TBA
VP TBA
Secretary TBA

Yes, it is TheDrChicken.

ROAD TO 10,000 POSTS

Austinato
Scratcher
1000+ posts

GrahamSH wrote:

It is @TheDrChicken. Good luck with your run!

JakeCarroll wrote:

I’ll also run for election if I’m eligible.
You are eligible. Good luck!

Status of Promotions (tomorrow)
PR = President, VP = Vice President, SC = Secretary, CJ = Chief Justice.
VP to PR TimeLordPlanet (pending)
SC to VP jromagnoli
CJ to SC hellounicorns2

Likely outcome:
- TimeLordPlanet promoted to President
- Empty spot for VP
- jromagnoli remains Secretary
- hellounicorns2 remains Chief Justice
If jromagnoli or hellounicorns2 changes their mind at the last second, jromagnoli could become VP and hellounicorns could become Secretary.

Informal Election Announcement
A post announcing the start of the new election's rules will come soon. This is the planned schedule:
Mar. 17, 2018: Deadline to announce candidacy
Mar. 17-18, 2018: Debate between candidates.
Mar. 19-26, 2018: Voting time.
Mar. 27, 2018: Inauguration/announcement of winners.
Notes: Three days are given from tomorrow to announce candidacy (or say you will run for President.) A peaceful debate will be organized for the weekend, and voting will go on from next Monday to the Monday following it (to ensure the maximum amount of votes.)

Just a reminder that the winners will hold their positions up until June 1, 2018, when a normal election will be held.

Declared Candidates for March 2018 Special Election
Remember that Presidents select VPs, and that VPs do not run independently.
  • GrahamSH (no VP pick)
  • JakeCarroll (no VP pick)
  • jromagnoli (no VP pick)
  • MasterOfTheTiger (no VP pick)

EDIT 1: Added “Declared Candidates for March 2018 Special Election” section.
EDIT 2: Corrections.
EDIT 3: Updated the promotions list and updated candidates list.

Last edited by Austinato (March 14, 2018 12:00:21)

7500+ posts (19th)
jromagnoli
Scratcher
1000+ posts

I would like to declare candidacy for USS president!
If there's a form, I can't find it.

ROAD TO 10,000 POSTS

MasterOfTheTiger
Scratcher
1000+ posts

I would like to run for president. What is required?

Do you need a good banner, or coding, or something else? Check out MasterOfTheTiger and Coder_Annika's Shop
sig by @myed - get yours here.

MasterOfTheTiger: Owner of MasterOfTheTiger's Shop Triple S, Shop Helpers, and SH Orders.
MasterOfTheTiger: Worker at GlitterStores, Request Shop, +
MasterOfTheTiger: Devoted to the success of Scratch Shops.

Do you need a good banner, or coding, or something else? Check out MasterOfTheTiger's shop - I do banners, logos, thumbnails, coding, intros and more here!

Austinato
Scratcher
1000+ posts

jromagnoli wrote:

I would like to declare candidacy for USS president!
If there's a form, I can't find it.

MasterOfTheTiger wrote:

I would like to run for president. What is required?
I'm working on the official post(s.)

7500+ posts (19th)
Austinato
Scratcher
1000+ posts

USS Special Election for President, March 2018
March 15-27, 2018

I am now officially announcing the election for President and VP. I will now discuss the process that will last until Tuesday, March 27, 2018. It will consist of three chapters; declaration, debate, election, and inauguration

I: Declaration of Candidacy (Mar. 14-17)
Anyone can run for the USS, as long as they are affiliated with the USS in any way, being a shop owner, representative, head department member, moderator, or shop member.

In order to be entered as an official candidate, you must have the following by March 17, 2018:
  • Pick for Vice President
  • Speech
  • Intent to participate in the debate (yes/no)

The VP must also be affiliated with the USS. The speech could be any length, but the longer, perhaps the better.

Candidates (along with other info) are listed here.

II: Debate (Mar. 17-18)
Will be organized by USS Secretary jromagnoli
Candidates will be invited to debate, or argue why they are better suited for President/VP on this topic for the weekend. We ask that you remain respectful and on-topic. jromagnoli will create a line of questions for candidates to answer.

This is not required, but we recommend candidates to participate.

III: Election (Mar. 19-26)
Will be organized by USS Secretary jromagnoli
After the debates this weekend, candidates will head right into the voting process.

From next Monday to the Monday following it, the following people will be able to vote for a single President/VP:
  • Head Department
  • Moderators
  • Archivists
  • Shop representatives
  • Organization representatives
Double-votes are now illegal; double-representatives (or more) will count as one voter. Shop/organization owners and members will not be able to vote for simplicity purposes (that will be a very long list.)

Majority wins the election. If there is a tie, then the Chief Justice (hellounicorns2) will choose the winner. In the even more unusual event that the Chief Justice is unreachable, then three days after, the owner will choose the winner.

IV: Inauguration (Mar. 27)
On March 27, 2018, the winners will be formally sworn into their positions.

EDIT 1: Added date after section IV header.
EDIT 2: Added requirement to announce intention to (not) participate in the debate.

Last edited by Austinato (March 14, 2018 22:45:49)

7500+ posts (19th)
Austinato
Scratcher
1000+ posts

April 2018 Election Candidates

Since the announcement of the special election on March 14, 2018, five candidates announced their interest in the position of President. Three dropped out, and now only two candidates are left (they are both eligible.) If one drops out at this point, then the other will win by default and an election will not be necessary.

However, as long as this is done before April 1, 2018, another candidate can jump into the race, or those who have withdrawn can rejoin. After April 1, this option is unavailable and the candidates are locked in.

Candidate List
GrahamSH (SH) - exxe_
TimeLordPlanet (TL) - 78ch3 (incumbents)
JakeCarroll (JC) (withdrawn)
jromagnoli (JR) (withdrawn)
MasterOfTheTiger (MT) (withdrawn)
SH
JC ■ ■ (withdrawn)
JR ■ ■ (withdrawn)
MT (withdrawn)
TL
#1 = VP pick; 2 = Speech

Speeches
SH (no speeches)
TL (no speeches)
JC (withdrawn)
JR (withdrawn)
MT (withdrawn)

Last edited by Austinato (March 29, 2018 23:53:55)

7500+ posts (19th)
-raspberry_
Scratcher
500+ posts

The emerald shop is changing its representatives to:
@jakecarroll
@cheese-duck
@-writer-

Also for my presidential candidacy, I do intend to participate in the debate.
My decision for Vice President will be decided soon.