Discuss Scratch

fdreerf
Scratcher
1000+ posts

make a scratch editor dark theme

The thing about dark mode in the editor is that in order to make it look decent at all is you have to change the block colors to fit with the theme, and no matter what I try, dark, unsaturated versions of bright colors either look awful or too similar to one another.

Hyped for MS-DOS 11.0
Surais_Treehouse
Scratcher
100+ posts

I don't support this idea.
It would take up valuable time that Scratch could be using to complete more urgent updates, ones that would have more uses then “It would be more helpful at night”.

Kwazii, activate Creature Report!
ᕕ( ᐛ )ᕗ ᕕ( ᐛ )ᕗ ᕕ( ᐛ )ᕗ ᕕ( ᐛ )ᕗ ᕕ( ᐛ )ᕗ
The army has taken over my siggy… will they take over yours too?
I finally figured out how to quote things!
hmgg
Scratcher
76 posts

Yes this is a great idea, but ive you have a cromebook and you dont mind changing the block colors you can do ctrl-search-h

Cyborg block((((()::sensing)::looks) - ((((((()))::list)))::pen))

Stack (hello:: stack) :: custom

when
OshimaMalaysian
Scratcher
100+ posts

hmgg wrote:

Yes this is a great idea, but ive you have a cromebook and you dont mind changing the block colors you can do ctrl-search-h
ctrl-“search”-h?
edit: oh it's only in chromebook

Last edited by OshimaMalaysian (Nov. 3, 2020 15:27:46)

GachaN0nsense
Scratcher
500+ posts

Surais_Treehouse wrote:

It would take up valuable time that Scratch could be using to complete more urgent updates, ones that would have more uses then “It would be more helpful at night”.
I like using dark mode at day time. so once again, Support.

MOVING TO @NotDucki_
gosoccerboy5
Scratcher
1000+ posts

See, that's the problem. People are only thinking that we'd only use this at night -_-
We're not that simplebrained, maybe we have other reasons. Besides, just because we'd like using it at night doesn't mean it's not a useful update.

purpleowlcatdog
Scratcher
13 posts

gosoccerboy5 wrote:

See, that's the problem. People are only thinking that we'd only use this at night -_-
We're not that simplebrained, maybe we have other reasons. Besides, just because we'd like using it at night doesn't mean it's not a useful update.

You are right I use scratch in the day and still prefer it to be in dark(er) mode
Both me and my dad have a dark mode on our devises (my mom prefers the light mode in apple devices
also my dad said he would like a dark mode in editor and profiles because he doesn't share his projects he just leaves it for me to see ._.

hi im purowl/selaila
im not normal XD (help)
im goth and tomboy
I like black and red (hehe)
hehe I told you im not normal
I get called a pshyco cuz I am lol
roblox
liamboyhalo
Scratcher
500+ posts

This actually exists, you just need a 3rd party Google extension.

prevent (kumquat v) attacks :: motion // This block protects everyone viewing the signature from kumquat attacks! 
Last edited by Moderator* (Tommorow 00:00:00)
mtech22
Scratcher
1000+ posts

liamboyhalo wrote:

-snip-
You aren't allowed to link or mention extensions on scratch, and they aren't official
Also, some people are on school computers that they can't get things like that.

Last edited by mtech22 (Nov. 5, 2020 22:41:57)

aII toasters toast toast, but what happens when there are no longer toasters being produced? will their technology simply become obsolete, with humans moving onto bigger, better things? will toast become a distant memory, written in textbooks of the future as foods us simpler generations ate? who's to say! society is constantly moving, changing, evolving, ideas being built upon, improved upon, theories being proven or disproven. are we but a blip on the timeline? sure, our names may not be remembered, but that's not the point. you can make a change. you can make a difference. you can make the world better, even if you don't know yet. and the first step is to go for it. even if you are afraid of failure. going back to the example of toasters, do you know off the top of your head who invented them? no? have you used one? probably. so, even if you don't remember my name, if I was able to help awnser your question, that is enough. if I was able to help you, even in the slightest way, this could push you to continue with scratch and not give up after the program crashes, and maybe one day learn other programming languages and change the world. everything is a cause and effect reaction, new inventions lead to the technology of the future, and even as the generations of the past are slowly forgotten, their influence lives on to this day, affecting how the world eventually turned out and how it will be for generations to come.

and, without toasters, we wouldn't have toast.
mtech22
Scratcher
1000+ posts

Surais_Treehouse wrote:

Time? It probably wouldn't take that long to make.

aII toasters toast toast, but what happens when there are no longer toasters being produced? will their technology simply become obsolete, with humans moving onto bigger, better things? will toast become a distant memory, written in textbooks of the future as foods us simpler generations ate? who's to say! society is constantly moving, changing, evolving, ideas being built upon, improved upon, theories being proven or disproven. are we but a blip on the timeline? sure, our names may not be remembered, but that's not the point. you can make a change. you can make a difference. you can make the world better, even if you don't know yet. and the first step is to go for it. even if you are afraid of failure. going back to the example of toasters, do you know off the top of your head who invented them? no? have you used one? probably. so, even if you don't remember my name, if I was able to help awnser your question, that is enough. if I was able to help you, even in the slightest way, this could push you to continue with scratch and not give up after the program crashes, and maybe one day learn other programming languages and change the world. everything is a cause and effect reaction, new inventions lead to the technology of the future, and even as the generations of the past are slowly forgotten, their influence lives on to this day, affecting how the world eventually turned out and how it will be for generations to come.

fdreerf
Scratcher
1000+ posts

mtech22 wrote:

liamboyhalo wrote:

-snip-
You aren't allowed to link or mention extensions on scratch, and they aren't official
But they didn't link to or mention any specific extension, and they didn't mention it being official?

Hyped for MS-DOS 11.0
Uninite
Scratcher
15 posts

I really need dis boi ;-; soo yeah sistah
mtech22
Scratcher
1000+ posts

fdreerf wrote:

mtech22 wrote:

liamboyhalo wrote:

-snip-
But they didn't link to or mention any specific extension, and they didn't mention it being official?
I mean, just mentioning that an extension exist could prompt people to go searching for it
And this is a suggestion to make it an official feature.

fdreerf
Scratcher
1000+ posts

mtech22 wrote:

fdreerf wrote:

mtech22 wrote:

liamboyhalo wrote:

-snip-
I mean, just mentioning that an extension exist could prompt people to go searching for it
I do not see how either of those are relevant.

Hyped for MS-DOS 11.0
block200
Scratcher
100+ posts

I still support this. It would be easy to do (because you could take the websites backgrounds and turn them black) and would be helpful for everyone using scratch at night.
pointless edit: i just found out that this discussion actually dates back to 2016 and people still support and comment on it

Last edited by block200 (Nov. 6, 2020 23:38:36)

ham 2
OshimaMalaysian
Scratcher
100+ posts

fdreerf wrote:

mtech22 wrote:

fdreerf wrote:

mtech22 wrote:

liamboyhalo wrote:

-snip-
I do not see how either of those are relevant.
STOP OFF-TOPIC!!!

gosoccerboy5
Scratcher
1000+ posts

Oh noes! Great looking extension but you're not allowed to talk about that kind of stuff unfortunately The ST fears that some browser extension shave the potential to cause viruses or something, so please edit the post so that you don't get in trouble

Ihatr
Scratcher
1000+ posts

OshimaMalaysian wrote:

comics2code wrote:

HEY! We can't linking extension on forums anymore! stay on-topic!
edit: I edited that link so I avoid from linking.
You are still giving a link that people can copy and paste, which still isn't allowed. So, you effectively accomplished nothing by unlinking it.

this is a link
new_dude124578
Scratcher
40 posts

dark mode would be an option so that if you want og colors then yeah or dark mode

you ever look at your signature after a while and then cringe at it?
yeah that happened to me and I changed it straight away
Super_Scratchers123
Scratcher
2 posts

scratch should have a dark theme - preferably a dark blue colour