Discuss Scratch

-gr
Scratcher
1000+ posts

Blocks Orientation : Horizontal Blocks!

7salad3salad wrote:

-gr wrote:

Those are just ScratchJR blocks. No support, that kind of ruins the scratch-y vibe of the current blocks.
still, its toggleable so if you don't like it you don't have to use it, which in my opinion is a good thing so nobody could get mad
I mean I guess it would be good for people coming from Scratch Jr. however where would they put this toggle? Scratch isn't known for having much appearance customizability.

-gr: forumer | scratcher | professional exister

1900+ forum posts / 5+ years on Scratch

me on postpercent [broken] / me on github / me on scratch
highlight this text and shift+down arrow to see the rest of my signature

Terms of Use wrote:

4.4 You may only submit user-generated projects that were created with (1) the Scratch website editor or (2) an unmodified copy of the Scratch editor compiled from the source code described in Section 5.3. You may not upload any projects that were created, by you or by anyone else, with a modified version of the Scratch editor.
oh shoot well i broke that rule (i use turbowarp sometimes)
k0d3rrr
Scratcher
1000+ posts

-gr wrote:

7salad3salad wrote:

-gr wrote:

Those are just ScratchJR blocks. No support, that kind of ruins the scratch-y vibe of the current blocks.
still, its toggleable so if you don't like it you don't have to use it, which in my opinion is a good thing so nobody could get mad
I mean I guess it would be good for people coming from Scratch Jr. however where would they put this toggle? Scratch isn't known for having much appearance customizability.
Hmm… The sensible thing would be for the toggle to go in Edit, but the more sensible thing to do would probably put it in Account Settings–
No, that doesn't make sense.

Rules that can only be seen on the forums:
7salad3salad
Scratcher
1000+ posts

-gr wrote:

7salad3salad wrote:

-gr wrote:

Maybe in the “Edit” tab or if they kept the “Mode” tab

Forumer Post Count Bar Graph! (inspired by AIGamesDeveloper)
Project: Forummon by randomguy3513
hi, contrast
JUST BECAUSE THERES A WORKAROUND ISNT A GOOD REASON TO NOT SUPPORT!!!

dont call me 7salad
dont call me 7salsa lol
just simply “Salad” will do.

:]::#00289A// This is my pet Noobles! He protects my signature from [i]unwanted guests[/i]

B){

}::#800080//This is Noobles' big brother, Probles. He has returned and Noobles is happy to see him!
//oh, yeah, he is also cool so he wears sunglasses.

:P::cap sensing//This is their little brother, Doobles

old banner thnng
Epsilon_3
Scratcher
500+ posts

7salad3salad wrote:

-gr wrote:

-gr wrote:

When did they ever write about them not being togglable?

╭━━━╮╱╱╱╱╱╱╭╮╱╱╱╱╱╱╭━━━╮
┃╭━━╯╱╱╱╱╱╱┃┃╱╱╱╱╱╱┃╭━╮┃
┃╰━━┳━━┳━━┳┫┃╭━━┳━╮╰╯╭╯┃
┃╭━━┫╭╮┃━━╋┫┃┃╭╮┃╭╮┳╮╰╮┃
┃╰━━┫╰╯┣━━┃┃╰┫╰╯┃┃┃┃╰━╯┃
╰━━━┫╭━┻━━┻┻━┻━━┻╯╰┻━━━╯
╱╱╱╱┃┃
╱╱╱╱╰╯
7salad3salad
Scratcher
1000+ posts

Epsilon_3 wrote:

7salad3salad wrote:

-gr wrote:

-gr wrote:

It sounded to me like they were talking about this ruining the current blocks like they wouldn't be accessible.

Forumer Post Count Bar Graph! (inspired by AIGamesDeveloper)
Project: Forummon by randomguy3513
hi, contrast
JUST BECAUSE THERES A WORKAROUND ISNT A GOOD REASON TO NOT SUPPORT!!!

dont call me 7salad
dont call me 7salsa lol
just simply “Salad” will do.

:]::#00289A// This is my pet Noobles! He protects my signature from [i]unwanted guests[/i]

B){

}::#800080//This is Noobles' big brother, Probles. He has returned and Noobles is happy to see him!
//oh, yeah, he is also cool so he wears sunglasses.

:P::cap sensing//This is their little brother, Doobles

old banner thnng
Epsilon_3
Scratcher
500+ posts

7salad3salad wrote:

Epsilon_3 wrote:

7salad3salad wrote:

-gr wrote:

-gr wrote:

It sounded to me like they were talking about this ruining the current blocks like they wouldn't be accessible.
Even if ut is togglable, I also feel like it will ruin the Scratch-y vibe I'm used to.

╭━━━╮╱╱╱╱╱╱╭╮╱╱╱╱╱╱╭━━━╮
┃╭━━╯╱╱╱╱╱╱┃┃╱╱╱╱╱╱┃╭━╮┃
┃╰━━┳━━┳━━┳┫┃╭━━┳━╮╰╯╭╯┃
┃╭━━┫╭╮┃━━╋┫┃┃╭╮┃╭╮┳╮╰╮┃
┃╰━━┫╰╯┣━━┃┃╰┫╰╯┃┃┃┃╰━╯┃
╰━━━┫╭━┻━━┻┻━┻━━┻╯╰┻━━━╯
╱╱╱╱┃┃
╱╱╱╱╰╯
qloakonscratch
Scratcher
1000+ posts

7salad3salad wrote:

-gr wrote:

qloakonscratch wrote:

This has the same problem that switching styles from 3.0 to 2.0 does; it is confusing from an educational point of view. As the Official List Of Rejected Suggestions says below:

The Official List of Rejected Suggestions wrote:

However, this would be more complicated for educational and documentation purposes. It could be confusing if someone is trying to learn Scratch from someone who is using a completely different layout of the editor than them.

Now Showing: CCRP V
https://scratch.mit.edu/studios/33864948/

Coding on Scratch since 2013

Foruming since 2016

In the Forum Helpers since 2022
BestboyJulian
Scratcher
100+ posts

Epsilon_3 wrote:

-snip-
click here

Your checking my signature
forever {Follow BestboyJulian ::motion}::hat control
Get your own thing sign
when green flag clicked
forever
go to x: (0) y: (0) z: (0) ::motion
end
soarroying
Scratcher
500+ posts

-gr wrote:

Those are just ScratchJR blocks. No Support, that kind of ruins the scratch-y vibe of the current blocks They rock.

Generation 7: the first time you see this copy and paste it on top of your sig in the scratch forums and increase generation by 1. Social experiment.
This is not part of my post! This is my signature. And mine has evil kumquat destroying scripts!
when <button [DO NOT PRESS v] pressed? :: extension hat
destruct all living evil kumquats :: pen
when [evil v] kumquat spotted :: events hat
press button [DO NOT PRESS v] :: extension
when [post v] :: events hat
forever
rotate camera to (wanted camera dir) :: extension
make good kumquats :: pen
broadcast [rotate v] and wait until <not <(wanted camera dir) = (old wanted camera dir)>> :: events
end
ᵔᴥᵔ :: sound boolean //This is Sally! She will protect me if my siggy is attacked by evil kumquats.
:3 :: custom reporter //This is Jake! He is a good kumquat that has an appetite of unconstructive posts.
;D :: sensing boolean //This is Marcus! He is a pancake that will rickroll you if you use the support convention.
ඞ :: extension reporter //This is crewposter! He attacks evil kumquat factories.

Had a bad day and want to cheer up? This might just do the trick.
Read this before suggesting.

^Credit to @7salad3salad for the banner.
ᚠᚮᛚᛚᚮᚡ ᛐᚮ ᛒᛂ ᚿᛁᛌᛂ
soarroying
Scratcher
500+ posts

BestboyJulian wrote:

Epsilon_3 wrote:

-snip-
click here
We got a necroposter

Generation 7: the first time you see this copy and paste it on top of your sig in the scratch forums and increase generation by 1. Social experiment.
This is not part of my post! This is my signature. And mine has evil kumquat destroying scripts!
forever
broadcast [rotate v] and wait until <not <(wanted camera dir) = (old wanted camera dir)>> :: events
end
ᵔᴥᵔ :: sound boolean //This is Sally! She will protect me if my siggy is attacked by evil kumquats.
:3 :: custom reporter //This is Jake! He is a good kumquat that has an appetite of unconstructive posts.
;D :: sensing boolean //This is Marcus! He is a pancake that will rickroll you if you use the support convention.
ඞ :: extension reporter //This is crewposter! He attacks evil kumquat factories.

ᚠᚮᛚᛚᚮᚡ ᛐᚮ ᛒᛂ ᚿᛁᛌᛂ
historical_supa
Scratcher
1000+ posts

soarroying wrote:

BestboyJulian wrote:

Epsilon_3 wrote:

-snip-
click here
We got a necroposter
How is that a necropost? Please get to know the meaning of forum terms before accidentally misusing them.

Last edited by historical_supa (April 4, 2022 23:32:49)

i love life
Epsilon_3
Scratcher
500+ posts

BestboyJulian wrote:

Epsilon_3 wrote:

-snip-
click here
?

soarroying wrote:

BestboyJulian wrote:

Epsilon_3 wrote:

-snip-
click here
We got a necroposter
Alright, fellow forumers! We've got a new student to teach! Let's start of with the basics:

1. Necroposting is not a thing in the suggestions forums, a suggestion is not dead till it's rejected and/or a duplicate (see more: https://en.scratch-wiki.info/wiki/Necropost)
2. It is derailing. Derailing is when you make off topic posts, and is commonly referred to as “thread hijacking” (see more: https://en.scratch-wiki.info/wiki/Thread_Hijacking)

Last edited by Epsilon_3 (April 5, 2022 00:17:40)

╭━━━╮╱╱╱╱╱╱╭╮╱╱╱╱╱╱╭━━━╮
┃╭━━╯╱╱╱╱╱╱┃┃╱╱╱╱╱╱┃╭━╮┃
┃╰━━┳━━┳━━┳┫┃╭━━┳━╮╰╯╭╯┃
┃╭━━┫╭╮┃━━╋┫┃┃╭╮┃╭╮┳╮╰╮┃
┃╰━━┫╰╯┣━━┃┃╰┫╰╯┃┃┃┃╰━╯┃
╰━━━┫╭━┻━━┻┻━┻━━┻╯╰┻━━━╯
╱╱╱╱┃┃
╱╱╱╱╰╯
k0d3rrr
Scratcher
1000+ posts

Last edited by k0d3rrr (April 18, 2022 10:07:45)

Rules that can only be seen on the forums:
VedanshS933
Scratcher
1000+ posts

Bump

Home OS 3.0 Coming Soon!
https://scratch.mit.edu/projects/880616996/

Post Count - 2000+!
1. Suggestions 1100+ (first time hitting 1000 on a subforum!)
2. Questions about Scratch 250+
3. Advanced Topics 230+
4. New Scratchers 100+
5. Show & Tell 80+
6. Bugs and Glitches 70+

redesigning the signature
soarroying
Scratcher
500+ posts

Epsilon_3 wrote:

BestboyJulian wrote:

Epsilon_3 wrote:

-snip-
click here
?

soarroying wrote:

BestboyJulian wrote:

Epsilon_3 wrote:

-snip-
click here
We got a necroposter
Alright, fellow forumers! We've got a new student to teach! Let's start of with the basics:

1. Necroposting is not a thing in the suggestions forums, a suggestion is not dead till it's rejected and/or a duplicate (see more: https://en.scratch-wiki.info/wiki/Necropost)
2. It is derailing. Derailing is when you make off topic posts, and is commonly referred to as “thread hijacking” (see more: https://en.scratch-wiki.info/wiki/Thread_Hijacking)
I am not your student

forever
end

ᚠᚮᛚᛚᚮᚡ ᛐᚮ ᛒᛂ ᚿᛁᛌᛂ
historical_supa
Scratcher
1000+ posts

soarroying wrote:

Epsilon_3 wrote:

BestboyJulian wrote:

Epsilon_3 wrote:

-snip-
click here
?

soarroying wrote:

BestboyJulian wrote:

Epsilon_3 wrote:

-snip-
click here
We got a necroposter

I am not your student
It's a metaphor.

i love life
historical_supa
Scratcher
1000+ posts

Bumpity bumpity bump bump.

i love life
_Wort_
Scratcher
1 post

Orphic_Studios wrote:

Support. While I wouldn't use it myself, I could see some others using it a lot.
On a new account here, I looked through the new replies and have decided to change from support to no support.

funny red block
TopGG
Scratcher
500+ posts

_Wort_ wrote:

Orphic_Studios wrote:

Support. While I wouldn't use it myself, I could see some others using it a lot.
On a new account here, I looked through the new replies and have decided to change from support to no support.

Why do you not support, though?

⇢ ˗ˏˋ TopGG

== He/Him – ISFP-T – Scorpio – Aussie – MeOwner of Lightspeed Inc. – Certified Furry – Ravenclaw – Colour Fanatic ==

Click Here for my Extended Signature

ocular -/- ScratchStats -|- postpercent -\- ScratchInfo

Generation 365: the first time you see this copy and paste it on top of your signature in the scratch forums and increase generation by 1. Social experiment.
#StandWithUkraine

Comment “Shield upgrade!” on my activity hub to give Astrum another layer of protection! Let's make the biggest code block on Scratch!

this is my kumquat guard Astrum. He has 15 layers of shield. (((((((((((((((¬‿¬))))))))))))))):: #000000

Last edited by ScratchCat (Tomorrow, 2027 48:77:16)
historical_supa
Scratcher
1000+ posts

Okay, for one thing, they should change the color of the event blocks. The color is very ugly to me.

i love life