Discuss Scratch

Scratcher
1000+ posts

Writing!

Nevermind. Couldn't see I posted, accidental double post.

Last edited by 1004587 (Jan. 31, 2017 13:35:20)

flyingpiearchive
Scratcher
1000+ posts

Writing!

Generalstarwars333 wrote:

1004587 wrote:

cs156175 wrote:

1004587 wrote:

cheese-duck wrote:

1004587 wrote:

cs156175 wrote:

1004587 wrote:

cs156175 wrote:

1004587 wrote:

StorySoFar wrote:

a screaming comes across the sky
a screaming what? You can't have a sentence without a subject.
But what if it's a creature called a Screaming?
Also it's the quietest animal in the world, the guy who named it was not very intelligent
That's two lines
That wasn't part of the story. Or were you being sarcastic
( Sarcastic. Also, let's put stuff that's not part of the story in brackets. )
The screaming was looking at everyone. Everyone was not looking at the screaming. They were yelling in fright.
(Those.. are parentheses. Not brackets. These are brackets)
Suddenly, the Screaming sat down. Everyone looked at it. Then they started yelling again.
The Screaming started to walk away, but when he heard people screaming a third time, he stayed for no reason.
“Okay everyone, please stop let's all eat pizza,” the Screaming said. but everyone was already gone.
The Screaming felt very lonely after that, and decided to go on a quest to make lots of friends.
So he began. “I'm going on a quest to make lots of friends,” he said to no one in particular.
He started to walk, but then he tripped over a big rock and fell on a highway. The Screaming was big. Very big.
“Oh no,” He said while injuring multiple important figures and costing the city 100s of dollars in structural renovation.
“Hey, you better get outta here, big beast,” policemen screamed at the Screaming.
“What?” The Screaming said, because he couldn't hear.
“GET OUTTA HERE! OR WE WILL USE FORCE,” the policemen yelled again, this time louder.
“Oh.” The Screaming flew away, accidentally knocking over the policeman with his tail
“That's it! I'm done,” a chief yelled, “I'm calling animal control for this beast!” The chief called Animal Control.
But the Screaming activated his triple-mega-super-powered laster beam propel blast and zoomed off into space.
While in space, the Screaming saw a rabbit.
“Oh, a rabbit.” He looked away. “Wait, a rabbit?” But the rabbit was gone.
Then he heard a voice. “249724,” the voice whispered, “429462.”
The Screaming wondered what the voice was, and then he realized he shouldn't be able to breathe.
The Screaming luckily landed on a weird planet with an atmosphere before he suffocated. The planet was filled with living grilled cheese sandwiches who had invented their own language.
“Wfurg howip cerad,” one sandwich said. They spoke a weird language.
The Screaming couldn't translate that.
The sandwiches start to take out spears and repeat what the one sandwich said. “Wfurg howip cerad.”
“Oh no,” the Screaming said, backing away slowly only to find more sandwiches had appeared behind him.
The sandwiches stacked up to make a staircase and the tiniest sandwich walks up it. “Wfurg howip cerad,” he says.
Then the Screaming realizes that humans like to eat grilled cheese sandwiches.
But then the sandwiches reveal to have poison in them.
The Screaming tries to activate his Triple-Mega-super-powered laser beam propel blast, but it fails.
“Oh no,” the Screaming says as the sandwiches get closer.
Then, off from the distance comes the sound of “Flight of the Valkyries”, as a bunch of Helicopters fly in and shoot/blow up the sandwiches awesomely
The Screaming is reminded of that scene from Apocalypse Now where a similar thing happens and the Screaming is reminded of when he watched Apocalypse Now and got a flashback of the horrifying days where he had to watch everyone he knew die at the drop of a hat and the Screaming thinking about Apocalypse Now created another flashback and he started screaming so loudly that it burst the eardrums of everyone in the world and everyone else started screaming too as the apocalypse started and “Earth Died Screaming” by Tom Waits started playing and everyone proceeded to die and then the entire universe blew up and then any alternate timeline died and any possible way that the story could continue died.
the end
Scratcher
1000+ posts

Writing!

flyingpiearchive wrote:

1004587 wrote:

cs156175 wrote:

1004587 wrote:

cheese-duck wrote:

1004587 wrote:

cs156175 wrote:

1004587 wrote:

cs156175 wrote:

1004587 wrote:

StorySoFar wrote:

Also it's the quietest animal in the world, the guy who named it was not very intelligent
That's two lines
The screaming was looking at everyone. Everyone was not looking at the screaming. They were yelling in fright.
Suddenly, the Screaming sat down. Everyone looked at it. Then they started yelling again.
The Screaming started to walk away, but when he heard people screaming a third time, he stayed for no reason.
“Okay everyone, please stop let's all eat pizza,” the Screaming said. but everyone was already gone.
The Screaming felt very lonely after that, and decided to go on a quest to make lots of friends.
So he began. “I'm going on a quest to make lots of friends,” he said to no one in particular.
He started to walk, but then he tripped over a big rock and fell on a highway. The Screaming was big. Very big.
“Oh no,” He said while injuring multiple important figures and costing the city 100s of dollars in structural renovation.
“Hey, you better get outta here, big beast,” policemen screamed at the Screaming.
“GET OUTTA HERE! OR WE WILL USE FORCE,” the policemen yelled again, this time louder.
“Oh.” The Screaming flew away, accidentally knocking over the policeman with his tail
“That's it! I'm done,” a chief yelled, “I'm calling animal control for this beast!” The chief called Animal Control.
But the Screaming activated his triple-mega-super-powered laster beam propel blast and zoomed off into space.
The Screaming wondered what the voice was, and then he realized he shouldn't be able to breathe.
The Screaming luckily landed on a weird planet with an atmosphere before he suffocated. The planet was filled with living grilled cheese sandwiches who had invented their own language.
The sandwiches start to take out spears and repeat what the one sandwich said. “Wfurg howip cerad.”
“Oh no,” the Screaming said, backing away slowly only to find more sandwiches had appeared behind him.
The sandwiches stacked up to make a staircase and the tiniest sandwich walks up it. “Wfurg howip cerad,” he says.
The Screaming tries to activate his Triple-Mega-super-powered laser beam propel blast, but it fails.
Then, off from the distance comes the sound of “Flight of the Valkyries”, as a bunch of Helicopters fly in and shoot/blow up the sandwiches awesomely
The Screaming is reminded of that scene from Apocalypse Now where a similar thing happens and the Screaming is reminded of when he watched Apocalypse Now and got a flashback of the horrifying days where he had to watch everyone he knew die at the drop of a hat and the Screaming thinking about Apocalypse Now created another flashback and he started screaming so loudly that it burst the eardrums of everyone in the world and everyone else started screaming too as the apocalypse started and “Earth Died Screaming” by Tom Waits started playing and everyone proceeded to die and then the entire universe blew up and then any alternate timeline died and any possible way that the story could continue died.
the end
(Not the end, that's way too many lines.)
flyingpiearchive
Scratcher
1000+ posts

Writing!

1004587 wrote:

flyingpiearchive wrote:

1004587 wrote:

cs156175 wrote:

1004587 wrote:

cheese-duck wrote:

1004587 wrote:

cs156175 wrote:

1004587 wrote:

cs156175 wrote:

1004587 wrote:

StorySoFar wrote:

That's two lines
the end
(Not the end, that's way too many lines.)
(i started it and I am officially changing the rules to be sentence by sentence purely so the story can stop as it's basically a joke and it's derailing the thread at this point, you guys can make your own studio/thread if you want to continue it)
cheese-duck
Scratcher
1000+ posts

Writing!

so i'm officially losing my mind

my list of ‘names’ (and words) my brain automatically responds to like it's my name:
- a variant of my name
- cheese
- a phrase that sounds like my name
- eric

…and my name is not eric
…so yeah i'm eric now apparently
NO
THIS MUST STOP
I AM NOT ERIC
yeah this is what happens when you go too far into the world of the novel you're writing
metallic123
Scratcher
100+ posts

Writing!

Anybody have wattpad?

Check out the amazing scratcher making it!
@gillmore8 is an amazing scratcher! She deserves way more followers than she has! Follow the link above to find her profile!
Scratcher
1000+ posts

Writing!

metallic123 wrote:

Anybody have wattpad?
i did

then i saw a fanfiction

now i don't
cheese-duck
Scratcher
1000+ posts

Writing!

1004587 wrote:

metallic123 wrote:

Anybody have wattpad?
i did

then i saw a fanfiction

now i don't
lol exactly
cheese-duck
Scratcher
1000+ posts

Writing!

My parents want to read my writing. I'm like “Please. No. I'm dead.”
flyingpiearchive
Scratcher
1000+ posts

Writing!

A good quote on writing that I found:

“This sentence has five words. Here are five more words. Five-word sentences are fine. But several together become monotonous. Listen to what is happening. The writing is getting boring. The sound of it drones. It’s like a stuck record. The ear demands some variety. Now listen. I vary the sentence length, and I create music. Music. The writing sings. It has a pleasant rhythm, a lilt, a harmony. I use short sentences. And I use sentences of medium length. And sometimes, when I am certain the reader is rested, I will engage him with a sentence of considerable length, a sentence that burns with energy and builds with all the impetus of a crescendo, the roll of the drums, the crash of the cymbals–sounds that say listen to this, it is important. - Gary Provost”.
smartcutecandy
Scratcher
1000+ posts

Writing!

flyingpiearchive wrote:

“This sentence has five words. Here are five more words. Five-word sentences are fine. But several together become monotonous. Listen to what is happening. The writing is getting boring. The sound of it drones. It’s like a stuck record. The ear demands some variety. Now listen. I vary the sentence length, and I create music. Music. The writing sings. It has a pleasant rhythm, a lilt, a harmony. I use short sentences. And I use sentences of medium length. And sometimes, when I am certain the reader is rested, I will engage him with a sentence of considerable length, a sentence that burns with energy and builds with all the impetus of a crescendo, the roll of the drums, the crash of the cymbals–sounds that say listen to this, it is important. - Gary Provost”.
I've seen that before! It's a really good quote.

cheese-duck
Scratcher
1000+ posts

Writing!

flyingpiearchive wrote:

Ok thanks. I'm going to show that to the various people who share their stories with me and all their sentences are like “I woke up. I ate this. I did that. I got the mail. I sorted the mail. I did something.”
Generalstarwars333
Scratcher
1000+ posts

Writing!

cheese-duck wrote:

Why would you be dead?

“Where a goat can go, a man can go. And where a man can go, he can drag a gun.” –William Philips, British Artillery Officer {|} “Never underestimate the power of stupid people in large groups”–George Carlin {|} “Never argue with an idiot. They will only bring you down to their level and clobber you with experience”–George Carlin {|} “Never correct your enemy when he is making a mistake” –Napoleon Bonaparte {|} “There seems to be something wrong with our bloody ships today,”–British admiral David Beatty, after the British Battlecruisers Indefatigable and Queen Mary explode less than half an hour into The Battle of Jutland, 1916. {|} “The point of war isn't to die for your country. It's to make the other * die for his.”–George S. Patton {|} (Warhammer) 40k - where the genocidal, xenocidal, fascist, ultraconservative zealots with a morbid fear of technology and an unhealthy fondness for burning things… are the good guys.—A forum signature. {|} And now for the best quote: “All right. They're on our left, they're on our right, they're in front of us, they're behind us… They can't get away this time.”-Lt. Gen. Lewis B. “Chesty” Puller, USMC
cs156175
Scratcher
1000+ posts

Writing!

cheese-duck wrote:

Why would you be dead?
I think he's dead inside, not literally

Generalstarwars333
Scratcher
1000+ posts

Writing!

flyingpiearchive wrote:

I'm probably gonna have to show that to my english teacher. That's an amazing quote.

“Where a goat can go, a man can go. And where a man can go, he can drag a gun.” –William Philips, British Artillery Officer {|} “Never underestimate the power of stupid people in large groups”–George Carlin {|} “Never argue with an idiot. They will only bring you down to their level and clobber you with experience”–George Carlin {|} “Never correct your enemy when he is making a mistake” –Napoleon Bonaparte {|} “There seems to be something wrong with our bloody ships today,”–British admiral David Beatty, after the British Battlecruisers Indefatigable and Queen Mary explode less than half an hour into The Battle of Jutland, 1916. {|} “The point of war isn't to die for your country. It's to make the other * die for his.”–George S. Patton {|} (Warhammer) 40k - where the genocidal, xenocidal, fascist, ultraconservative zealots with a morbid fear of technology and an unhealthy fondness for burning things… are the good guys.—A forum signature. {|} And now for the best quote: “All right. They're on our left, they're on our right, they're in front of us, they're behind us… They can't get away this time.”-Lt. Gen. Lewis B. “Chesty” Puller, USMC
GryffindorFreak1
Scratcher
100+ posts

Writing!

flyingpiearchive wrote:

Wow, that's really cool. And true, too. Now I feel the need to look up writing quotes

“After all this time, Severus?”
“Always.”

Exactly 221 posts

cheese-duck
Scratcher
1000+ posts

Writing!

cs156175 wrote:

cheese-duck wrote:

Why would you be dead?
Yep
Generalstarwars333
Scratcher
1000+ posts

Writing!

cheese-duck wrote:

cs156175 wrote:

cheese-duck wrote:

Why would you be dead?
Yep
I know that. I meant why would you be dead inside.

cs156175
Scratcher
1000+ posts

Writing!

cheese-duck wrote:

cs156175 wrote:

cheese-duck wrote:

Why would you be dead?
Yep
Because he writes things he feels are bad-ish and he doesn't want his parents to read them? I understand it but it's hard to explain in words. That isn't exactly it..

cheese-duck
Scratcher
1000+ posts

Writing!

cs156175 wrote:

cheese-duck wrote:

cs156175 wrote:

cheese-duck wrote:

Why would you be dead?
Yep
Because he writes things he feels are bad-ish and he doesn't want his parents to read them? I understand it but it's hard to explain in words. That isn't exactly it..
Yeah I just feel like my parents would disown me if they read my trash lel

Anyways does anyone else go crazy when they have to stop writing in the middle of this super suspenseful part