Discuss Scratch

dante79
Scratcher
80 posts

Marvel vs DC - who would win?

blackadam1938 wrote:

The fight between Hulk and Superman is a fairly short fight. If he's got no choice in the matter, Superman's going to go for the heaviest hits possible to knock Hulk out so that he'll revert back to Banner. If Hulk has no chance to get madder, then he's not going to be strong enough to stand up to blow after blow.

I cannot agree with the original poster's sentiments that Batman isn't what people think he is. He's got to be better, because he's in a world of superpowered individuals who can crush him with mere thought. He has to be better just on account. If you put him against anyone like Iron Man, Stark will have something up his sleeve that's going to give Batman a bad day, guaranteed Batman has something that Stark isn't going to want to deal with right back. That's the nature of who the character is. No preparations on either side, but Batman still comes up with a plan. Why? Because that's what Batman does.

There are so many potential fights, and I'll tell you that both sides are going to have their share of casualties from it. I've played this particular game for years with a lot of comic readers and believe me, we've discussed at length the outcomes. You cannot just make the blanket statement that one side wins over the other just because.

well have seen avengers 1 hulk is always mad so he will always be mad
dante79
Scratcher
80 posts

meaning he will always be hulk
dante79
Scratcher
80 posts

thanks for being on the MARVEL SIDE
matey1234
Scratcher
1000+ posts

Marvel FTW!!

| Artist | Gamer | Roleplayer | Weirdo | Lazy |

dante79
Scratcher
80 posts

I will tell u this batman is cool and all super man can take him down so can hulk besides if bats try to shock him he still would up not even a bater rang can hurt him
dante79
Scratcher
80 posts

dante79 wrote:

blackadam1938 wrote:

The fight between Hulk and Superman is a fairly short fight. If he's got no choice in the matter, Superman's going to go for the heaviest hits possible to knock Hulk out so that he'll revert back to Banner. If Hulk has no chance to get madder, then he's not going to be strong enough to stand up to blow after blow.

I cannot agree with the original poster's sentiments that Batman isn't what people think he is. He's got to be better, because he's in a world of superpowered individuals who can crush him with mere thought. He has to be better just on account. If you put him against anyone like Iron Man, Stark will have something up his sleeve that's going to give Batman a bad day, guaranteed Batman has something that Stark isn't going to want to deal with right back. That's the nature of who the character is. No preparations on either side, but Batman still comes up with a plan. Why? Because that's what Batman does.

There are so many potential fights, and I'll tell you that both sides are going to have their share of casualties from it. I've played this particular game for years with a lot of comic readers and believe me, we've discussed at length the outcomes. You cannot just make the blanket statement that one side wins over the other just because.

well have seen avengers 1 hulk is always mad so he will always be mad
well I guess u are right in fact they would both die so neither wins
Lythium
Scratcher
1000+ posts

dante79 wrote:

I will tell u this batman is cool and all super man can take him down so can hulk besides if bats try to shock him he still would up not even a bater rang can hurt him
Batman defeated the entire Justice League single handed.

dante79
Scratcher
80 posts

Lythium wrote:

dante79 wrote:

Batman defeated the entire Justice League single handed.
injustice batman got he's back broke and got killed from superman
cade5494
Scratcher
55 posts

I like Marvel but I believe DC would win

Last edited by cade5494 (Sept. 18, 2014 12:17:21)

Lets have a staring contest. Ready? Go.
drmatrix
Scratcher
500+ posts

Listen folks simple matchups will never determine the battle, you guys speak as if you don't know super heroes.I'm not taking anything from marvel,they ‘re good…….Great even…. yes! here comes the but!… if we look at this logically there is no way that marvel heroes will ever take down dc heroes in an all out war.Allow me to explain….Firstly dc has been at this way longer,not to mention they are not just one company! dc comics is a combination of chalton,fawcett and others we may not know!!! secondly everyone is doing the matchups wrongly!!!! these guys are not just going into fights blind,they re most likely going in with stratgies and lets be honest no one is better at strategising than Batman.Thirdly dc characters like it or not are simply too strong ,smart,skilled or saneless for anyone in the marvel universe to handle. I mean would deadpool last 5 seconds in a cage with lobo……..don’t try to answer that!!!!! but seriously doctor strange, scarlett witch name them all not one of them can hold their own against constantine.The Avengers will never be able to take on the justice league and marvel just can't take dc on in a full scale war. But none if that matters after all marvel still make the best shows and to be honest their creative team is a tad more …. creative!!!!!!!
drmatrix
Scratcher
500+ posts

AND YEAH IF ANYONE HAS ANY THING CONTRARY TO SAY THEY SHOULD BRING IT TO ME ……..YOU WANT SOME?! ….COME GET SOME!!!
drmatrix
Scratcher
500+ posts

BY THE WAY FOR ALL THOSE WHO SAY DC CHARACTERS ARE OVERPOWERFUL THERE IS NO SUCH THING!!!!
drmatrix
Scratcher
500+ posts

shiguy101 wrote:

firedrake969_test wrote:

Marvel. If you watched Iron Man III, Tony Stark has (had?) command over like a hundred (yes, exaggeration) robot suits. Batman has himself and Robin. Not that they can do much if a bunch of robots are attacking them.
And Nightwing and Batgirl and Redhood and Red Robin and Batman and about a hundred robot suits.
Not to mention batman can easily hack and mess with Tony's systems I mean if AIM can do so,batman can do it.
dante79
Scratcher
80 posts

drmatrix wrote:

Listen folks simple matchups will never determine the battle, you guys speak as if you don't know super heroes.I'm not taking anything from marvel,they ‘re good…….Great even…. yes! here comes the but!… if we look at this logically there is no way that marvel heroes will ever take down dc heroes in an all out war.Allow me to explain….Firstly dc has been at this way longer,not to mention they are not just one company! dc comics is a combination of chalton,fawcett and others we may not know!!! secondly everyone is doing the matchups wrongly!!!! these guys are not just going into fights blind,they re most likely going in with stratgies and lets be honest no one is better at strategising than Batman.Thirdly dc characters like it or not are simply too strong ,smart,skilled or saneless for anyone in the marvel universe to handle. I mean would deadpool last 5 seconds in a cage with lobo……..don’t try to answer that!!!!! but seriously doctor strange, scarlett witch name them all not one of them can hold their own against constantine.The Avengers will never be able to take on the justice league and marvel just can't take dc on in a full scale war. But none if that matters after all marvel still make the best shows and to be honest their creative team is a tad more …. creative!!!!!!!
I like what u are saying but deadpool can last the battle till the end besides have u played deadpool the game
eellington19
Scratcher
2 posts

drmatrix wrote:

Scarlet Witch, don't get me started on her. (Before I go any further, I would like to state that I am a huge Marvel fan and have read a good amount of entries in the actual encyclopedia of marvel, which I own) I recently read the Avengers vs X-Men comics and though there may not actually be much story there in the actual series, the information you can get from it if you are a geek is incredible. First off, I have read through and seen that a person or two have mentioned the Phoenix. I think this would play a much bigger part than anyone is letting on. The phoenix is not Jean Grey. It is the Phoenix force. It has been hypothesized by the characters that it comes to Earth to bring balance back to the world. This causes the great Avengers vs X-Men comics after Scarlet Witch being driven from the Avengers after killing a few of her teammates in a fit of rage after she learned that her two children she had created by magic (long story there) had died. She fled. She was later the item to be won in a battle between Magneto ( and a bunch of other that I can't think of) and people (who I can't think of). Driving her to the breaking point, she muttered 3 words “No more mutants” this caused her magic to spill over and kill about 1-2/3 of the mutant population. Wow, sorry about the geek overload I just realized how lengthy that is, continuing. The holder of the Phoenix, in the Comics I have been referring to the is Hope Summers, is incredibly powerful and can bend reality to there will. I know there will be a counter-argument saying there is a DC character that can do that, and to be honest, I don't know many DC character that are not mainstream. The Scarlet Witch and Hope (Before the Phoenix) got into a scuffle and created a crater (I don't know how big). Think of what happens when they work together. I haven't even mentioned the most powerful people in Marvel such as Galactus and Thanos. SORRY ABOUT HOW LONG THIS IS! I SWEAR I DIDN'T THINK THAT IT WOULD BE THIS LONG!

Last edited by eellington19 (Oct. 12, 2014 20:33:42)

dante79
Scratcher
80 posts

dante79 wrote:

drmatrix wrote:

I like what u are saying but deadpool can last the battle till the end besides have u played deadpool the game
also we are just seening what would be a great fight u ding dong
OmnipotentPotato
Scratcher
1000+ posts
jon13579
Scratcher
5 posts

lcftf wrote:

jon13579 wrote:

D.C. would win because they have more people.
No, I am pretty sure they don't. And Marvel has alternate universes which have duplicates of the same heros/villians. And one universe shared with Transformers (comics).

HA! NO. DC HAS ALL OF LEGO'S COMICS, ALTERNATE UNIVERSES, AND HAVE YOU HEARD OF THE TIME PARADOX FLASHPOINT PARADOX?
jon13579
Scratcher
5 posts

P.S. DC HAS INFINITE UNIVERSES. AS IN CRISIS ON INFINITE EARTHS?
drmatrix
Scratcher
500+ posts

eellington19 wrote:

drmatrix wrote:

Scarlet Witch, don't get me started on her. (Before I go any further, I would like to state that I am a huge Marvel fan and have read a good amount of entries in the actual encyclopedia of marvel, which I own) I recently read the Avengers vs X-Men comics and though there may not actually be much story there in the actual series, the information you can get from it if you are a geek is incredible. First off, I have read through and seen that a person or two have mentioned the Phoenix. I think this would play a much bigger part than anyone is letting on. The phoenix is not Jean Grey. It is the Phoenix force. It has been hypothesized by the characters that it comes to Earth to bring balance back to the world. This causes the great Avengers vs X-Men comics after Scarlet Witch being driven from the Avengers after killing a few of her teammates in a fit of rage after she learned that her two children she had created by magic (long story there) had died. She fled. She was later the item to be won in a battle between Magneto ( and a bunch of other that I can't think of) and people (who I can't think of). Driving her to the breaking point, she muttered 3 words “No more mutants” this caused her magic to spill over and kill about 1-2/3 of the mutant population. Wow, sorry about the geek overload I just realized how lengthy that is, continuing. The holder of the Phoenix, in the Comics I have been referring to the is Hope Summers, is incredibly powerful and can bend reality to there will. I know there will be a counter-argument saying there is a DC character that can do that, and to be honest, I don't know many DC character that are not mainstream. The Scarlet Witch and Hope (Before the Phoenix) got into a scuffle and created a crater (I don't know how big). Think of what happens when they work together. I haven't even mentioned the most powerful people in Marvel such as Galactus and Thanos. SORRY ABOUT HOW LONG THIS IS! I SWEAR I DIDN'T THINK THAT IT WOULD BE THIS LONG!
okay maybe you got a point but there are still figures who will easily neutralise wanda Jean and yes i now who Hope is!!!!
and why do people still speak of galactus like some guy we should all fear.,…i know without a doubt Krona ,Modru or the Antimonitor can take that guy on and please the same goes for THANOS and by the way bending reality is over rated cuz gods LIVE OUTSIDE reality making those 3 too easy a target for anyone and besides when did hope get into the mainstream she's from another dimension that spidey travelled to