Discuss Scratch

jji10
Scratcher
1000+ posts

Marvel vs DC - who would win?

the__ninja wrote:

jji10 wrote:

Here's one that isn't very common - Spider-Man vs Aquaman.
Hmmm. I don't see what Spidey can do against Aquaman.
Unless I'm mistaken, Aquaman is far stronger than Spider-Man, and is probably strong enough to break free from webbing.
True, but Aquaman is pretty stupid (at least compared to Spidey), he's more or less just a pretty strong (compared to other superheroes) guy when not near aquatic animals…. he can't even control water!

On the other hand, Spidey is smart enough to make a plan, he's pretty strong. Mind you, I just checked and Aquaman is 6x stronger than Spidey, but Spidey has Spider-sense and is “15x more agile than the average human”…. that's pretty agile.

I think the battle goes with Aquaman trying to hit Spidey - maybe even landing a few hits - but ultimately failing to damage him seriously enough to keep him out of battle. Spidey uses this time of dodging to figure out a plan. Aquaman has to touch water at least once an hour or he dies. That's a pretty easy weakness to take advantage of.

“Yipee, I did it!” the man said with glee,
“I've solved that darned riddle, I've solved it, you see!”
The sphinx simply smiled and shook her strange head,
“I'm afraid you're wrong, and therefore you're dead.”
braxbroscratcher
Scratcher
1000+ posts

Honestly… Marvel.

Thor beats Superman (I mean jeez, superman may be practically invincible, but with the Byfrost or however you spell it to get wherever he wants, he could easily bring Kryptonite to the fight, if he needed it.)
Hulk beats down pretty much everyone
Iron Man ends Batman (batman really doesn't have much going for him if he's in standard gear)

And so on.

My signature is kumquat proof.
But not tangerine pro-
nomnomnomnomnom

Current Project:
n/a
Quotes: “In our last hour, we burn the most brightly, trying to deny that we are burning out.” -Me
“Well, no. 1024 Killerbytes make a Murderbyte.” -MegaByteCorporations
“I hate out of context quotes.” -Me
“I hate it when Cubeupload breaks.” -Also me
jji10
Scratcher
1000+ posts

braxbroscratcher wrote:

Honestly… Marvel.

Thor beats Superman (I mean jeez, superman may be practically invincible, but with the Byfrost or however you spell it to get wherever he wants, he could easily bring Kryptonite to the fight, if he needed it.)
Iron Man ends Batman (batman really doesn't have much going for him if he's in standard gear)

And so on.
The Flash though.

braxbroscratcher
Scratcher
1000+ posts

jji10 wrote:

braxbroscratcher wrote:

Honestly… Marvel.

And so on.
The Flash though.
Thor. Lightning doesn't care how fast you're running. It'll strike you anyway.

My signature is kumquat proof.
But not tangerine pro-
nomnomnomnomnom

Current Project:
n/a
Quotes: “In our last hour, we burn the most brightly, trying to deny that we are burning out.” -Me
“Well, no. 1024 Killerbytes make a Murderbyte.” -MegaByteCorporations
“I hate out of context quotes.” -Me
“I hate it when Cubeupload breaks.” -Also me
jji10
Scratcher
1000+ posts

braxbroscratcher wrote:

jji10 wrote:

braxbroscratcher wrote:

Honestly… Marvel.

And so on.
The Flash though.
Thor. Lightning doesn't care how fast you're running. It'll strike you anyway.
Not true. Lightning travels much slower than the speed of light whereas The Flash travels way way way faster than the speed of light. He could probably run rings around the bolt.

StrawbostatGames
Scratcher
22 posts

For starters, Marvel has the skrull, Galacticus, squirrel girl (she nearly defeated Thanos by herself), Taskmaster, Deadpool and this guy who's name I can't remember who literally just gives people superpowers. Also, I am not sure DC has a single powerful supervillain.

SIGGYSIGGYSIGGY!!!!!!!!!!!!!SIGSIGSIG!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I AM THE GREATEST SIG THAT EVER HAS LIVED!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
when I receive [kumquat security breach!!! v]
(O_O) Lord commander Jeff is is in charge of the anti-kumquat defence network
(o_o) Bob protects the eternal sig from the predations of the nascent kumquat empire
<-_->Randall is a master of disguise. He guards my secret stash of discuss tabs from evil kumquat mercenaries

join the 11/11! We will build a time machine that can only go back to dates with an 11 in them, then we will go back in time to 11:11 on the 11th of the 11th 1111 AND WE SHALL TAKE OVER THE WORLD!!! MWAHAHAHAHA!!! JOIN US!!!
HarrisonBD
Scratcher
31 posts

Deadpool has killed the Marvel Universe so chances are he'd be able to kill DC (Along with Marvel of course on his side)
jji10
Scratcher
1000+ posts

HarrisonBD wrote:

Deadpool has killed the Marvel Universe so chances are he'd be able to kill DC (Along with Marvel of course on his side)
Deadpool is strong but he's not invincible. If someone can literally erase him from existence, he's dead.

HarrisonBD
Scratcher
31 posts

Doctor strange: “Superman, Iv'e come to bargain.”
Superman: “Oh no”
HarrisonBD
Scratcher
31 posts

jji10 wrote:

HarrisonBD wrote:

Deadpool is strong but he's not invincible. If someone can literally erase him from existence, he's dead.
That kinda goes for anyone…
jji10
Scratcher
1000+ posts

HarrisonBD wrote:

jji10 wrote:

HarrisonBD wrote:

That kinda goes for anyone…
Yeah, which is why we're doing 1v1s. So get two heroes that seem similar in strength and debate who would win.

HarrisonBD
Scratcher
31 posts

How about some villains fighting?
Venom Vs Bane
Or…
Thanos Vs Darkseid
drmatrix
Scratcher
500+ posts

HarrisonBD wrote:

Venom Vs Bane
Or…
Thanos Vs Darkseid
Darkseid
iamapinkpig
Scratcher
4 posts

NathanMoon wrote:

I've been curious about who would win in an all-out battle between Marvel comics and DC comics. Only rules are that you must use logic and no one-sided bias, and these are characters facing off, not the franchises.

Okay, so I would say DC, because their superheroes are darker and more powerful. And Batman is so smart and skilled. Seriously, like, I will debate with anyone who disagrees lol
the__ninja
Scratcher
1000+ posts

The “Batman with prep time is unbeatable” idea is ridiculous. No amount of prep time will let Batman defeat, say, Galactus without some serious plot armor.

The classics never go out of style. This is mainly due to the fact that they are already out of style, and have been for a while now, and thus can't “go out” of style. That said, the reason they're classics and not obscurities from the past is because they're good despite being “out of style”.

GENERATION -705 - 991i: The first time you see this, copy it into your sig on any forum. Square it, and then add i to the generation.
Hyperfinity
Scratcher
500+ posts

DC. The Flash could kill everybody in Marvel in under a second by vibrating through them whilst running.

jji10
Scratcher
1000+ posts

Hyperfinity wrote:

DC. The Flash could kill everybody in Marvel in under a second by vibrating through them whilst running.
Well, hypothetically, yes and no. He could probably kill everyone under the galactic level (so not Galactus or anyone above that level) in a second or so but no one above that level. And unless he's bloodlusted, I doubt he would actually do that.

HarrisonBD wrote:

Venom Vs Bane
Or…
Thanos Vs Darkseid
Venom and Darkseid respectively, I think.

Last edited by jji10 (Oct. 22, 2017 13:13:39)

Hyperfinity
Scratcher
500+ posts

StrawbostatGames wrote:

For starters, Marvel has the skrull, Galacticus, squirrel girl (she nearly defeated Thanos by herself), Taskmaster, Deadpool and this guy who's name I can't remember who literally just gives people superpowers. Also, I am not sure DC has a single powerful supervillain.
DC has The Thinker, Godspeed, Mr. Mxyzptlk and many more powerful villains.

Hyperfinity
Scratcher
500+ posts

jji10 wrote:

Hyperfinity wrote:

Well, hypothetically, yes and no. He could probably kill everyone under the galactic level (so not Galactus or anyone above that level) in a second or so but no one above that level. And unless he's bloodlusted, I doubt he would actually do that.

HarrisonBD wrote:

Venom Vs Bane
Or…
Thanos Vs Darkseid
I know. But I said he ‘could’ if he wanted to. And that's not the point. If he was to protect everything he loved, he probably would kill Marvel in a second. And run back in time to do it again for fun. I mean, if your world and everything you loved was gonna get destroyed, you wouldn't listen to your superstitions about killing. Plus, The Flash has killed many characters before. And if The Flash won't kill, then the many other speedsters in DC will, such as Savitar, Godspeed, Reverse Flash and many more.

jromagnoli
Scratcher
1000+ posts

Hyperfinity wrote:

jji10 wrote:

Hyperfinity wrote:

HarrisonBD wrote:

Venom Vs Bane
Or…
Thanos Vs Darkseid
I know. But I said he ‘could’ if he wanted to. And that's not the point. If he was to protect everything he loved, he probably would kill Marvel in a second. And run back in time to do it again for fun. I mean, if your world and everything you loved was gonna get destroyed, you wouldn't listen to your superstitions about killing. Plus, The Flash has killed many characters before. And if The Flash won't kill, then the many other speedsters in DC will, such as Savitar, Godspeed, Reverse Flash and many more.
Right, the DC comics flash is extremely fast, but there are other factors. Both Marvel and DC have cosmic level heroes/antiheroes who are omnipotent and know what's about to happen before it happens.

ROAD TO 10,000 POSTS
████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░ 64%

If you can read this, my signature cubeupload has been eaten by an evil kumquat!
hehehe!Mytiptopsecrettopicidentifier!ahjdgggfhjadggahjsahasgdjfsdjfga