Discuss Scratch

qwertycodechamp90411
Scratcher
100+ posts

A beep if we have a notification

May have already been mentioned, but make it so it only beeps for certain notifications (all off by default, options are forums, forums by me, comments (profile/project), replies to comments (profile/project), remixes)

Useful Links: Text Generator ——— Encoders/Decoders (Normal, Case Sensitive) ——— New Math Blocks ——— Comment what next on my profile!
Wait, we’re at 900 million projects? So close to 1 billion projects uploaded to the server!

<((x) ^ ((1) / (y))::operators) = ((y) √ (x)::operators)> // is false if x < 0???
Hi! I'm qwertycodechamp90411. I'm most active on the suggestions forum and the help with scripts forum, because I like to help other people and improve scratch! I like to think I'm good at scratch, but there's a lot I don't know/understand (how on earth do scrolling platformers work lol). As a general rule of thumb, I should have the answer if it's math related, because I'm a very stereotypical nerd when it comes to math.
-ElectronicArts-
Scratcher
1000+ posts

T_S_13 wrote:

I don't think its a very good idea, since popular scratchers (like griffpatch) have lots of notifications and there ears can hurt if too much notification sounds happen at once.
popular scratcher wont turn this on if they still have braincells

Piaulo46
Scratcher
1000+ posts

T_S_13 wrote:

I don't think its a very good idea, since popular scratchers (like griffpatch) have lots of notifications and there ears can hurt if too much notification sounds happen at once.

This is an option

un problème vous pouvez compter sur moi Piaulo46 l'aide du forum scratchers -1000 post

a problem you can count on me Piaulo46 help from the scratchers forum -1000 post
SonicFanX123_321
Scratcher
1000+ posts

like the scratch 1.3 block (system sound like windows_background.wav on windows), or a custom beep sound?

this is my page

I'm not active on scratch anymore, I moved on.
Piaulo46
Scratcher
1000+ posts

sushi_cat_110 wrote:

Piaulo46 wrote:

it would be cool if there was a beep when you are connected if you have a notification
@griffpatch would be deaf if that happened.

An option

un problème vous pouvez compter sur moi Piaulo46 l'aide du forum scratchers -1000 post

a problem you can count on me Piaulo46 help from the scratchers forum -1000 post
54387a
Scratcher
1000+ posts

T_S_13 wrote:

They can turn the sound off.

Everything below the grey line right above is my signature. By the way, my signature isn't related to my post in case you didn't know.
Welcome to the world of @54387a!™
Try out my projects.
To donate an internet, go here.
Go here to check if your suggestion is rejected. To check if your topic is a duplicate, use ocular. Remember, don't post on irrelevant topics otherwise that's necroposting. By the way, if you feel like your project/studio was wrongfully taken down, tell the Scratch Team through Contact Us.
Whenever you see something that looks clearly offensive and/or something not Scratch-appropriate, report it.
Purple specimen

Creating Content since October 2022
1,000th post

Za-Chary wrote:

silly me
(Source)
gdfsgdfsgdfg
Scratcher
1000+ posts

You should add the read the op
note on top of your op

1000th post also use -forbidden- or highlight and ctrl (optional on some browsers) + shift + down arrow for more of my siggy

I gotta go touch sum grass

If it causes issues make it optional - gdfsgdfsgdfg

Do some research before replying to my posts - gdfsgdfsgdfg

curse you 60 sec rule

glory to Gdfsg Land

gdfsgdfsgdfg returns

Ocular(don’t look at my old posts plz)
PostPercent

kumquats? nah
my siggy is built with titani- *gets eaten*

A new game that no one asked for:
https://scratch.mit.edu/projects/1035251507/

Are you sleeping you tall cat (project):
https://scratch.mit.edu/projects/1002042247/

The only suggestions I fully support are:
https://scratch.mit.edu/projects/924995948/

Don’t force me to get proof
get it yourself

my favorite topic is this (due to comedic purposes):
https://scratch.mit.edu/discuss/topic/709979/

my favorite post is this (it’s deleted but I got it from ocular):
https://ocular.jeffalo.net/post/7517300

Grand borrowing cars IV intro and loading (template):
https://scratch.mit.edu/projects/972295666/

Guess the game by its mission name:
https://scratch.mit.edu/discuss/topic/750145/

GBC (GTA) topic:
https://scratch.mit.edu/discuss/topic/751981/

BF (Battlefield) topic:
https://scratch.mit.edu/discuss/topic/753243/

still don’t have the popularity lol (atleast I reached 100 followers)

Skill issue

reject
Embrace :)

Help I ran out of ideas
Piaulo46
Scratcher
1000+ posts

gdfsgdfsgdfg wrote:

You should add the read the op
note on top of your op

Yes thanks for reminding

Zydrolic
Scratcher
1000+ posts

No support.
an individual beep for each notification is gonna be a mayhem to wake up to.
If it's not played individually, and yes i know you said its an option, I don't know how this could help at all since not even the Messages page is an instant refresh.

Matthew 7;12, Psalm 37:13 & Genesis 3:19
(old signature is below)

Suggestions
SDS Helper reqs should be upped - Show/hide via context menu - Revise “ask the community” - Browser not supported - Empty comment contrast
Other
a bit of trolling (i asked before putting it here) - tamaNOTchi - I'm back to this account, I guess - notebook - bo burnham is awesome
- Internetometer

stop posting about kumquats, im tired of seeing it, my friend comments saying “oh hey your post was eaten by a kumquat” STOP a kumquat is freaking fruit just eat it utp ojtishglkmkjhgaoeimrlV,5KU9MOIL3K5GP,Ő AHTAHGTARET SOTP positing ABJTOUT IT (parody & sarcasm)

bad joke:

Most of this is now going to become a meme storage.

thank you ajskateboarder

* But nobody came.
Piaulo46
Scratcher
1000+ posts

Zydrolic wrote:

No support.
an individual beep for each notification is gonna be a mayhem to wake up to.
If it's not played individually, and yes i know you said its an option, I don't know how this could help at all since not even the Messages page is an instant refresh.

Yes but I think we would put it only when we are connected

grannie8627
Scratcher
5 posts

;

Last edited by grannie8627 (Aug. 1, 2023 19:58:17)

Piaulo46
Scratcher
1000+ posts

still agree with my suggestion

NotK3ndricAlt
Scratcher
1000+ posts

New Scratcher: a beep? lets check my messages.
The messages:

If you see this on my signature, you’ve been infected by the NotK3ndricAlt virus! Put this on the top of your signature and add your name to the list of people who got this virus to help NotK3ndricAlt get more followers.
List of people who got this virus: NotK3ndricAlt

SAVE SCRATCH.
Forum clout (as of 27 Jan 2024): 11943
But then I had a very good idea. I used F5. See, using F5 gave me a whole new perspective and I was able to see a chest I couldn't have seen before.
Everytime I see the number 2024, I think its 2014 for a millisecond but then realize its 2024.
My browser / operating system: IPad iOS 16.1.1, Safari 16.1, No Flash version detected
Did you know that you can select the text then click on the BBCode tag you want to use and it'll pop up with the BBCode on the text?
Hola, soy NotK3ndricAlt! I speak Spanish and English.
My rentry!
Kids rule! B)
Participated in Scratch Awards 2023
pls plaey https://scratch.mit.edu/projects/928410544/ NOAW!!!M!!M!!M!M!!M!!M!!M!M!M!M!
#Add ForumPost Hearting (click to see suggestion)
Omni Studios Admin
(^v^ :: motion) // Kumquat protector
Hacked block:
when this sprite touches [mouse-pointer v] :: events hat
glomeromycota
Scratcher
100+ posts

no support because there's really no urgent need to answer messages instantly

I used to be this guy
I own a namesnipe here
the

;
WindowsAdmin
Scratcher
1000+ posts

Support but if you're griffpatch it should filter it out (so like 100 notifications will be 1 beep every 1 or 2 minutes)
54387a
Scratcher
1000+ posts

WindowsAdmin wrote:

Support but if you're griffpatch it should filter it out (so like 100 notifications will be 1 beep every 1 or 2 minutes)
Why if they don't have to keep it on at all times? However, your idea is a good idea if they still want the beep.

Everything below the grey line right above is my signature. By the way, my signature isn't related to my post in case you didn't know.
Welcome to the world of @54387a!™
Try out my projects.
To donate an internet, go here.
Go here to check if your suggestion is rejected. To check if your topic is a duplicate, use ocular. Remember, don't post on irrelevant topics otherwise that's necroposting. By the way, if you feel like your project/studio was wrongfully taken down, tell the Scratch Team through Contact Us.
Whenever you see something that looks clearly offensive and/or something not Scratch-appropriate, report it.
Purple specimen

Creating Content since October 2022
1,000th post

Za-Chary wrote:

silly me
(Source)
SonicFanX123_321
Scratcher
1000+ posts

this is my page

I'm not active on scratch anymore, I moved on.
Piaulo46
Scratcher
1000+ posts

SonicFanX123_321 wrote:

?

Piaulo46
Scratcher
1000+ posts

WindowsAdmin wrote:

Option

Scratchdev57
Scratcher
100+ posts

Support if you add a option to toggle it