Discuss Scratch

PaperMarioFan2022
Scratcher
1000+ posts

A beep if we have a notification

sonic__fan wrote:

It's an option, right?
You’re correct. This is indeed an option and can be changed anytime as you please.
The only reason of this not being an option could be annoying to have and no turn off, even if you use the website and hear no notification sound.
King of the page.

Last edited by PaperMarioFan2022 (Oct. 22, 2023 19:41:31)

Hello! Welcome to my signature!

I am a real Mario enthusiast and a fan of the franchise and also getting into the field of IT. I also play Luigi's Mansion and other games too!

Profile | Ocular | ScratchStats | PostPercent | GitHub Main | Snap!

Professional Mario Enthusiast / (NEW!) 3DS FC: 2252-0951-8546 / (NEW!) Switch FC: SW-2091-2478-9614 / (removed - due to concerns in moderation) ARarePaper

I forgor my account password to give an internet ☠

I’ve been a Scratcher since 2021!

My glorious meme section (scroll down to see more)

Piaulo46
Scratcher
1000+ posts

I would like to add an idea in addition to that I propose different crudes depending on the message for example: a beep for the followers and for the likes or for others to say if you support or not

un problème vous pouvez compter sur moi Piaulo46 l'aide du forum scratchers -1000 post

a problem you can count on me Piaulo46 help from the scratchers forum -1000 post
mumu245
Scratcher
1000+ posts

Piaulo46 wrote:

(#282)
I would like to add an idea in addition to that I propose different crudes depending on the message for example: a beep for the followers and for the likes or for others to say if you support or not
That would be very confusing.

select this text then press Ctrl+Shift+Down to read more
Piaulo46
Scratcher
1000+ posts

mumu245 wrote:

That would be very confusing.

can you rephrase your sentence differently?

un problème vous pouvez compter sur moi Piaulo46 l'aide du forum scratchers -1000 post

a problem you can count on me Piaulo46 help from the scratchers forum -1000 post
Piaulo46
Scratcher
1000+ posts

gdfsgdfsgdfg wrote:

No support

Imagine a person decides to mass ping you also this can annoy popular scratchers

Why

Piaulo46
Scratcher
1000+ posts

new propose your addition to my idea: I inform you that it is an option and that the sound can vary according to the sound you put sound from 1 to 100

Thiago_le_meilleur
Scratcher
1000+ posts

Piaulo46 wrote:

new propose your addition to my idea: I inform you that it is an option and that the sound can vary according to the sound you put sound from 1 to 100
With personalized sounds ?
Piaulo46
Scratcher
1000+ posts

Thiago_le_meilleur wrote:

Piaulo46 wrote:

ok

The-Sushi-Cat
Scratcher
500+ posts

Codeingit wrote:

This gets a BIG No Support from me as what if you were Griffpatch (Or some other famous Scratcher) as if this suggestion were to get added, then that will mean that Griffpatch (As well as other famous scrratchers) would get non-stop beeps.

help_the_animals wrote:

This would be VERY annoying.

Crispydogs101 wrote:

No support. What if I get featured and I get so many beeps on my phone + computer. It would give me a big headache and might even drive me crazy. And about those who are sensitive to sounds would feel the same too.

Also with popular scratchers like griffpatch or wazzotv they would get those beeps over and over again. And for scratchers that left they could even be confused why they are getting that beep.

medians wrote:

Oh god, imagine getting featured and then you feel great, until you hear this.

Guys they said it was optional lol

Making a counterargument? Look here first!
An evil kumquat ate my first username lol

Call me Sushi!

They/He/It/She in order of preference

A little part of me dies inside when someone says, “He/She” instead of just using they-

Try to refrain from saying, ‘No support’. It comes off as extremely negative. “The forums are for criticism! Don't post it you don't want it!” Agreed. But I never said that you should agree with everyone. No suggestion will ever be perfect
What sounds more constructive?
“No support, people would spam with it”
“This would lead to a lot of spam, since people can't get away from it. Not to mention, it might upset a few people with the way it's implemented”

In #1, you didn't help OP at all. You said you didn't like it, and why. Nothing else. Not even what was causing the issue of spam
In #2, you pointed out the flaws and the root causes of them. Flaws shouldn't always get a suggestion absolutely ignored

And simply supporting doesn't always help either. It's not a voting system, it's improving your ideas. There's going to be cons, there's going to be flaws, and that's the point of the suggestions. No suggestion is ever 100% perfect in any way
Here are some things you can look out for:
-Are there any flaws/cons that haven't been addressed or fixed?
-Is this idea fully flushed out? Or are there some questions you can ask?
-Are there any flaws that you know how to fix or do you know how to flush something out a bit more?
-Is there anyone else who is confused and needs some clarification?

If you don't have to do any of these, then you can move on!

Is a suggestion unable to be added because it's just impossible? Point out why and have them decide what to do next
But still, try not to say ‘no support’
Thiago_le_meilleur
Scratcher
1000+ posts

Piaulo46 wrote:

Thiago_le_meilleur wrote:

Piaulo46 wrote:

ok
Cool !
XCartooonX
Scratcher
500+ posts

Even if it was optional I'd say no support. I don't think it really serves a purpose, unlike other sites, since these beeps can get annoying, and even if this was added, I think everyone would just have it turned off. There are extensions out there that can show you how many messages you have already too.

Want to view the rest of my signature? Highlight this text and press Shift+Down!

Support the suggestion HERE by adding this button to your signature

Name: Meep
Adopt one yourself! @ Pokémon Orphanage
“Angel Gabby? Angel Gabby!” ~ Francis, the best boye

Hello! My name is XCartooonX, but please call me Low-Key. I'm super into Pokemon, My Singing Monsters, and more. Feel free to follow me!

PaperMarioFan2022
Scratcher
1000+ posts

XCartooonX wrote:

Even if it were optional I'd say no support. I don't think it serves a purpose, unlike other sites, since these beeps can get annoying, and even if this was added, I think everyone would have it turned off. There are extensions out there that can show you how many messages you already have.
I wouldn't agree that it doesn't serve a purpose as an optional feature is true and all, but I do agree that beeps can be pretty annoying. So how about editing the title to “a ping if we receive a notification” or “a ding if we get a notification”?

Hello! Welcome to my signature!

I am a real Mario enthusiast and a fan of the franchise and also getting into the field of IT. I also play Luigi's Mansion and other games too!

Profile | Ocular | ScratchStats | PostPercent | GitHub Main | Snap!

Professional Mario Enthusiast / (NEW!) 3DS FC: 2252-0951-8546 / (NEW!) Switch FC: SW-2091-2478-9614 / (removed - due to concerns in moderation) ARarePaper

I forgor my account password to give an internet ☠

I’ve been a Scratcher since 2021!

My glorious meme section (scroll down to see more)

XCartooonX
Scratcher
500+ posts

PaperMarioFan2022 wrote:

I wouldn't agree that it doesn't serve a purpose as an optional feature is true and all, but I do agree that beeps can be pretty annoying. So how about editing the title to “a ping if we receive a notification” or “a ding if we get a notification”?
I'd say go for it, changing the title would make it less ambiguous on what sound it is. I think it would be useful for people who don't get that many notifications, but for the larger group, they'd probably just turn it off.

Want to view the rest of my signature? Highlight this text and press Shift+Down!

Support the suggestion HERE by adding this button to your signature

Name: Meep
Adopt one yourself! @ Pokémon Orphanage
“Angel Gabby? Angel Gabby!” ~ Francis, the best boye

Hello! My name is XCartooonX, but please call me Low-Key. I'm super into Pokemon, My Singing Monsters, and more. Feel free to follow me!

unknownXred
Scratcher
60 posts

It shouldn’t be mandatory, but as an option it could work

Yea
SlackinOff
Scratcher
33 posts

unknownXred wrote:

(#294)
It shouldn’t be mandatory, but as an option it could work
It was discussed — It's not mandatory.

lookin' for zydrolic? who that- i'm just messing with you.

crossbones. (TS!UNDERSWAP) wrote:

before you go, my parting words… “boopity schnoopity.”
CatMeowLove7
Scratcher
38 posts

I would prefer just a silent notification, like on the notification center on a phone, but for computers and other things you could have a beep be optional.

☾ Cat | she/her | reading, writing drawing ☽
amogus1123
Scratcher
500+ posts

Piaulo46 wrote:

I'm not sure if it would be easy to make live notifications with sound.

I am in BST (UK).
Where I am at: questions about scratch, suggestions, bugs and glitches, new scratchers, and maybe some others!
If you aren't called Zydrolic then click this: https://scratch.mit.edu/projects/912512108/
Logic: 100 posts per day, so 1000 posts in 10 days, 10000 posts in 100 days and 100000 in three years. darn!
Piaulo46
Scratcher
1000+ posts

XCartooonX wrote:

Even if it was optional I'd say no support. I don't think it really serves a purpose, unlike other sites, since these beeps can get annoying, and even if this was added, I think everyone would just have it turned off. There are extensions out there that can show you how many messages you have already too.

you are not the first person

Piaulo46
Scratcher
1000+ posts

CatMeowLove7 wrote:

I would prefer just a silent notification, like on the notification center on a phone, but for computers and other things you could have a beep be optional.

it is optional

Piaulo46
Scratcher
1000+ posts

amogus1123 wrote:

I'm not sure if it would be easy to make live notifications with sound.

I think the st could manage