Discuss Scratch

Piaulo46
Scratcher
1000+ posts

A beep if we have a notification

New rule for the topic

1. spam

It is strictly forbidden to spam on this topic, common example: it would be annoying for popular scratchers.

2 . insult

it is forbidden to insult people

Last edited by Piaulo46 (Oct. 22, 2023 18:48:09)

un problème vous pouvez compter sur moi Piaulo46 l'aide du forum scratchers -1000 post

a problem you can count on me Piaulo46 help from the scratchers forum -1000 post
-Expo
Scratcher
1000+ posts

What if you are using a device that does not “beep”?

Scroll down / desplazarse hacia abajo | El español está abajo :D | Gib internet

Hello, I'm @-Expo! I'm a veteran Scratcher and member of the Scratch translation team who has been on Scratch ever since I was four (a long time ago!) In real life, I am a proffesional footballer for the Asociación de Fútbol Argentino and Brighton. I'm a huge Huge FC Barcelona Fan and loyal subject to Rosario Central. I use scratch for coding, making friends, and helping people out. I hope you enjoy my projects!

-ExpoEspanol

Why are you here?
PaperMarioFan2022
Scratcher
1000+ posts

-Expo wrote:

Well, then you would have to worry about the excessive beeping that a notification gives you for every message.
-
I really wish that beeps wouldn't have to be a solution though, so maybe a ping instead…

Hello! Welcome to my signature!

I am a real Mario enthusiast and a fan of the franchise and also getting into the field of IT. I also play Luigi's Mansion and other games too!

Profile | Ocular | ScratchStats | PostPercent | GitHub Main | Snap!

Professional Mario Enthusiast / (NEW!) 3DS FC: 2252-0951-8546 / (NEW!) Switch FC: SW-2091-2478-9614 / (removed - due to concerns in moderation) ARarePaper

I forgor my account password to give an internet ☠

I’ve been a Scratcher since 2021!

My glorious meme section (scroll down to see more)

amogus1123
Scratcher
500+ posts

PaperMarioFan2022 wrote:

-Expo wrote:

Well, then you would have to worry about the excessive beeping that a notification gives you for every message.
-
I really wish that beeps wouldn't have to be a solution though, so maybe a ping instead…
The beeping could be abused by people continuously commenting on your projects/profile every 10 seconds, or making some bot to do it. It would hurt your ears and you'd need to put your sound down, affecting projects that have sound.

Easy solution: make it so you can turn on/off message sounds.
And about the messages, i'd go upon this saying that they could be turned into notifications coming off from the screen with the sound.

would be hard to implement but oh wellll

edit: and make it so you can turn notifications on and off ofc

Last edited by amogus1123 (Oct. 22, 2023 20:26:00)

I am in BST (UK).
Where I am at: questions about scratch, suggestions, bugs and glitches, new scratchers, and maybe some others!
If you aren't called Zydrolic then click this: https://scratch.mit.edu/projects/912512108/
Logic: 100 posts per day, so 1000 posts in 10 days, 10000 posts in 100 days and 100000 in three years. darn!
54387a
Scratcher
1000+ posts

amogus1123 wrote:

PaperMarioFan2022 wrote:

-Expo wrote:

-
The beeping could be abused by people continuously commenting on your projects/profile every 10 seconds, or making some bot to do it. It would hurt your ears and you'd need to put your sound down, affecting projects that have sound.

Easy solution: make it so you can turn on/off message sounds.
And about the messages, i'd go upon this saying that they could be turned into notifications coming off from the screen with the sound.

would be hard to implement but oh wellll

edit: and make it so you can turn notifications on and off ofc
This suggestion is already suggesting the ability to turn off the beeps, so that is not a problem.

Everything below the grey line right above is my signature. By the way, my signature isn't related to my post in case you didn't know.
Welcome to the world of @54387a!™
Try out my projects.
To donate an internet, go here.
Go here to check if your suggestion is rejected. To check if your topic is a duplicate, use ocular. Remember, don't post on irrelevant topics otherwise that's necroposting. By the way, if you feel like your project/studio was wrongfully taken down, tell the Scratch Team through Contact Us.
Whenever you see something that looks clearly offensive and/or something not Scratch-appropriate, report it.
Purple specimen

Creating Content since October 2022
1,000th post

Za-Chary wrote:

silly me
(Source)
Piaulo46
Scratcher
1000+ posts

PaperMarioFan2022 wrote:

-Expo wrote:

-

I didn't understand

un problème vous pouvez compter sur moi Piaulo46 l'aide du forum scratchers -1000 post

a problem you can count on me Piaulo46 help from the scratchers forum -1000 post
CatMeowLove7
Scratcher
38 posts

Piaulo46 wrote:

CatMeowLove7 wrote:

I would prefer just a silent notification, like on the notification center on a phone, but for computers and other things you could have a beep be optional.

it is optional

I know, I’m just stating that it is in fact optional.

☾ Cat | she/her | reading, writing drawing ☽
Piaulo46
Scratcher
1000+ posts

CatMeowLove7 wrote:

Ok

Piaulo46
Scratcher
1000+ posts

CatMeowLove7 wrote:

Piaulo46 wrote:

CatMeowLove7 wrote:

I would prefer just a silent notification, like on the notification center on a phone, but for computers and other things you could have a beep be optional.

it is optional

Thanks you very match

Last edited by Piaulo46 (Oct. 25, 2023 12:45:26)

Piaulo46
Scratcher
1000+ posts

Vote

FOR 1

AGAINST: 0

Zyaxis_Lotl
Scratcher
100+ posts

Piaulo46 wrote:

it would be cool if there was a beep when you are connected if you have a notification Info This is an option
i like this idea and letting people disable it is good
i would enable this option

Hello I'm Zyaxis
i make cool and funny projects check them out https://scratch.mit.edu/users/Zyaxis_Lotl/
Scratchdev57
Scratcher
100+ posts

RIP that one scratcher who got famous in like a second
54387a
Scratcher
1000+ posts

Scratchdev57 wrote:

RIP that one scratcher who got famous in like a second
I t ' s o p t i o n a l.

Everything below the grey line right above is my signature. By the way, my signature isn't related to my post in case you didn't know.
Welcome to the world of @54387a!™
Try out my projects.
To donate an internet, go here.
Go here to check if your suggestion is rejected. To check if your topic is a duplicate, use ocular. Remember, don't post on irrelevant topics otherwise that's necroposting. By the way, if you feel like your project/studio was wrongfully taken down, tell the Scratch Team through Contact Us.
Whenever you see something that looks clearly offensive and/or something not Scratch-appropriate, report it.
Purple specimen

Creating Content since October 2022
1,000th post

Za-Chary wrote:

silly me
(Source)
PaperMarioFan2022
Scratcher
1000+ posts

Piaulo46 wrote:

PaperMarioFan2022 wrote:

-Expo wrote:

-

I didn't understand
I meant to say that you wouldn't have to worry about the constant beeping that would hurt your ear drums for more than 5 seconds.

Besides, there are accessibility options in Windows 11 & 10 now, so you don't have to worry about that as much.

I am a real Mario enthusiast and a fan of the franchise and also getting into the field of IT. I also play Luigi's Mansion and other games too!

Professional Mario Enthusiast / (NEW!) 3DS FC: 2252-0951-8546 / (NEW!) Switch FC: SW-2091-2478-9614 / (removed - due to concerns in moderation) ARarePaper

Piaulo46
Scratcher
1000+ posts

VOTE

PaperMarioFan2022
Scratcher
1000+ posts

Piaulo46 wrote:

VOTE
?

gdfsgdfsgdfg
Scratcher
1000+ posts

Piaulo46 wrote:

-Quote so big that I had to cut it-
those are already enforced by ST

1000th post also use -forbidden- or highlight and ctrl (optional on some browsers) + shift + down arrow for more of my siggy

I gotta go touch sum grass

If it causes issues make it optional - gdfsgdfsgdfg

Do some research before replying to my posts - gdfsgdfsgdfg

curse you 60 sec rule

glory to Gdfsg Land

gdfsgdfsgdfg returns

Ocular(don’t look at my old posts plz)
PostPercent

kumquats? nah
my siggy is built with titani- *gets eaten*

A new game that no one asked for:
https://scratch.mit.edu/projects/1035251507/

Are you sleeping you tall cat (project):
https://scratch.mit.edu/projects/1002042247/

The only suggestions I fully support are:
https://scratch.mit.edu/projects/924995948/

Don’t force me to get proof
get it yourself

my favorite topic is this (due to comedic purposes):
https://scratch.mit.edu/discuss/topic/709979/

my favorite post is this (it’s deleted but I got it from ocular):
https://ocular.jeffalo.net/post/7517300

Longest project that can be completed (by me):
https://scratch.mit.edu/projects/1040561372

Guess the game by its mission name:
https://scratch.mit.edu/discuss/topic/750145/

GBC (GTA) topic:
https://scratch.mit.edu/discuss/topic/751981/

BF (Battlefield) topic:
https://scratch.mit.edu/discuss/topic/753243/

still don’t have the popularity lol (atleast I reached 100 followers)

Skill issue

reject
Embrace :)

Help I ran out of ideas
among_us1w2
Scratcher
1000+ posts

instead of a beep how about scratch cat meow?
lol all no supports didnt read OP

dont just say “dont ban evade” or “wrong topic” for a question. answer it, and THEN tell them that this is the wrong topic or not to ban evade. giving just “rejected” and putting the college essay that is TOLORS is not enough. Explain! dont just use ctrl-c ctrl-v! even if it is not what some people want, explain the rejection! answer the question! the forums are not a place to repeat others, they are a place to innovate! anyway who wants to minimod?

scratchers on the forums from 10-500 posts have at most, a 7 short sentence span for replies. if you cant keep your posts in this range, then dont act suprised when someone asks for simplified version
bag randomizer for good games
experience the true chicken nuggies theft simulator : gobo | story
(Removed by Moderator - People with a TV head for a profile picture cannot discuss about the heart and soul of art) /j
OwO :: #44bd8d
^-^ :: #44bd8d
LP372
Scratcher
1000+ posts

bump

Projects I want people to see:
https://scratch.mit.edu/projects/1018171720
Barney_at_Bonels83
Scratcher
500+ posts

Piaulo46 wrote:

unless it is not connected
what are we connecting
can you please elaborate
(I'll edit this once I read full topic I think I misunderstood)

SPONGES CAN POST ON FORUMS TOO

TOP 5 SPONGES OF ALL TIME ON THE FORUMS
1. SpongeBob
2. SpongeBob
3. SpongeBob
4. SpongeBob
5. Mr. Clean

most recent or not quotes I find funny:

bittensboy wrote:

horizontal_shading wrote:

say [I've been here since part 6, no way it's part 8 now]
there was a part seven.
play note (you forgot. v) for (0.5) beats::pen
source

https://scratch.mit.edu/discuss/topic/706823/?page=2#post-7471830

pikachuLuke5 wrote:

MagicCoder330 wrote:

Yeah, and we should also celebrate Annoy Squidward day on February 15th! /hj

Still, good idea. Even if it wouldn't be that big an addition, it would be a fun thing to see. I'm sure a majority of users would enjoy it, or at least not hate it.source

couldn't find anything else