Discuss Scratch

waitwhat2288
Scratcher
100+ posts

A beep if we have a notification

A mere noise to convey that you got a message would be essentially useless. You wouldn't know if somebody commented, loved, or favorited one of your projects, as well as who the messenger is.

I know that a lot of people would be driven clinically insane with hearing constant beeping in the background, too.

yo
k7e
Scratcher
1000+ posts

This would scare me, even if I was the one who enabled it.

PaperMarioFan2022 wrote:

Maybe it shouldn’t be a beep, but instead a ringtone!
This would still scare me.

Last edited by k7e (May 15, 2023 19:29:27)

@mythoslore was so much more obvious than @spookily
PaperMarioFan2022
Scratcher
1000+ posts

Hello! Welcome to my signature!

I am a real Mario enthusiast and a fan of the franchise and also getting into the field of IT. I also play Luigi's Mansion and other games too!

Profile | Ocular | ScratchStats | PostPercent | GitHub Main | Snap!

Professional Mario Enthusiast / (NEW!) 3DS FC: 2252-0951-8546 / (NEW!) Switch FC: SW-2091-2478-9614 / (removed - due to concerns in moderation) ARarePaper

I forgor my account password to give an internet ☠

I’ve been a Scratcher since 2021!

My glorious meme section (scroll down to see more)

waitwhat2288
Scratcher
100+ posts

PaperMarioFan2022 wrote:

This still wouldn't necessarily fix all the issues that would arise with this suggestion just because the noise is somewhat altered.

yo
wikibro300000
Scratcher
1000+ posts

what about like you could record a sound and use it as that

l
PaperMarioFan2022
Scratcher
1000+ posts

waitwhat2288 wrote:

PaperMarioFan2022 wrote:

This still wouldn't necessarily fix all the issues that would arise with this suggestion just because the noise is somewhat altered.

How about a custom sound made by ST? Does that solve the issue?

Last edited by PaperMarioFan2022 (May 15, 2023 19:34:45)

I am a real Mario enthusiast and a fan of the franchise and also getting into the field of IT. I also play Luigi's Mansion and other games too!

Professional Mario Enthusiast / (NEW!) 3DS FC: 2252-0951-8546 / (NEW!) Switch FC: SW-2091-2478-9614 / (removed - due to concerns in moderation) ARarePaper

PaperMarioFan2022
Scratcher
1000+ posts

wikibro300000 wrote:

I said that above here as well. I think there should be a sound made by ST so that no one else can set it to their own to annoy others.

great_elmo
Scratcher
500+ posts

I will strongly disagree with anything like this. I am not a massive Scratcher BUT a LOT of people have over 1000+ followers and I can only imagine the outcry this would cause.

Total weeaboo.

Steam
PaperMarioFan2022
Scratcher
1000+ posts

great_elmo wrote:

I will strongly disagree with anything like this. I am not a massive Scratcher BUT a LOT of people have over 1000+ followers and I can only imagine the outcry this would cause.

There’s a way to limit how much the sound would handle that though, like changing how many notifications you get in messages.

Deetwo_
Scratcher
100+ posts

oh good heavens

you know through (extension) having the notification sound that it has on actually made me really hate the sound

it's like waking up in the morning to your alarm (a song that you really like) but now all you associate it with is the alarm and you hate it

Last edited by Deetwo_ (May 16, 2023 00:02:35)

hey, i'm dt/d2. call me diatave or deetwo, doesn't matter

diatave's billboard of topics
microtonal/xenharmonic music topic | beepbox.co topic | the piano shop (musicians should apply for staff, any genre welcome)
medians
Scratcher
1000+ posts

Deetwo_ wrote:

oh good heavens

you know through (extension) having the notification sound that it has on actually made me really hate the sound

it's like waking up in the morning to your alarm (a song that you really like) but now all you associate it with is the alarm and you hate it
Oh my god my mom would change my alarm to during school, and it annoyed me, especially when people were there saying “uHm WhAtS tHaT sOuNd” (which they did most of the time).

great_elmo wrote:

Hopefully it only plays once and/or is optional..

Medians bamboozled by 3.0 (version 3.0): https://scratch.mit.edu/projects/979822351/
hi875230163394: You're similar to valve in that you both hate a certain number…
Scratch 0.x, 1.x, 2.x, 3.x and LogoBlocks Archives
Bamboozlement: https://scratch.mit.edu/studios/33739789
Years on internet: 15 (soon 16)
medians: Oh god not this utc - 12 thing again..
Fun_Cupcake_i81: What, were you expecting not to see the utc - 12 thing again? THE UTC - 12 THIGN ALWAYS RETURNS. ALWAYS.
medians: I knew it would happen. I was the one who started it last year.
Fun_Cupcake_i81: Well then if you didn't want it back maybe you need to time travel to last year and fix that

Oh wait if you could time travel I think we all know exactly when you would go-
user1: That picture is from 2.0. Now he’s at my house and is my pet.
user2: But this is medians we're talking about, so “from 2.0” can mean the same thing as “from five seconds ago”.

Detect Scratch version here
My other accounts: @selfexplanatory @modesties @chaircard @fireflyhero @dividendyield @colloids @radians @skeuamorphism @dihectogon @anglebisector @aau- @EditBlockColors @AdamantOrb @MoongeistBeam @festively @Ampharos_ @straightforwardness
i trolled redcat LOL

if you see this
{what method did you use::control hat
answer on profile ::motion
} ::operators
;
PaperMarioFan2022
Scratcher
1000+ posts

medians wrote:

Deetwo_ wrote:

oh good heavens

Oh my god my mom would change my alarm to during school, and it annoyed me, especially when people were there saying “uHm WhAtS tHaT sOuNd” (which they did most of the time).

great_elmo wrote:

Hopefully it only plays once and/or is optional..

There should be a limit I said. I don' think people are listening to what I have to say on the forums meow meowwwww…..

glomeromycota
Scratcher
100+ posts

no support for the popular scratchers who get 50 messages a minute

I used to be this guy
I own a namesnipe here
the

;
Piaulo46
Scratcher
1000+ posts

sushi_cat_110 wrote:

Piaulo46 wrote:

it would be cool if there was a beep when you are connected if you have a notification
@griffpatch would be deaf if that happened.

1 this is an option 2 griffpatch comes every month for 10 minutes

un problème vous pouvez compter sur moi Piaulo46 l'aide du forum scratchers -1000 post

a problem you can count on me Piaulo46 help from the scratchers forum -1000 post
Piaulo46
Scratcher
1000+ posts

waitwhat2288 wrote:

A mere noise to convey that you got a message would be essentially useless. You wouldn't know if somebody commented, loved, or favorited one of your projects, as well as who the messenger is.

I know that a lot of people would be driven clinically insane with hearing constant beeping in the background, too.

It's an option

un problème vous pouvez compter sur moi Piaulo46 l'aide du forum scratchers -1000 post

a problem you can count on me Piaulo46 help from the scratchers forum -1000 post
Piaulo46
Scratcher
1000+ posts

PaperMarioFan2022 wrote:

saying beep I said a ringtone

Piaulo46
Scratcher
1000+ posts

wikibro300000 wrote:

Not bad

Piaulo46
Scratcher
1000+ posts

PaperMarioFan2022 wrote:

waitwhat2288 wrote:

PaperMarioFan2022 wrote:

Yes thanks for the idea

PaperMarioFan2022
Scratcher
1000+ posts

Piaulo46 wrote:

PaperMarioFan2022 wrote:

waitwhat2288 wrote:

PaperMarioFan2022 wrote:

Yes thanks for the idea

No problem, also, you might need to add the “option” part in the desc. so that people aren’t misunderstanding the OP.

UI-coder
Scratcher
500+ posts

In my personal opinion, I would prefer pop-ups.