Discuss Scratch

WallydogChoppychop
Scratcher
500+ posts

The Nostalgia and Memories Topic

-Telekore- wrote:

Foods can have a sense of nostalgia too…
I like to look at my life from 10+ years ago when eating a delicious bowl of cotton candy-flavored ice cream :]
I've never been allowed to eat cotton candy…

Haha baby steps
500th Post
Kumquats are tasty
I started scratch in 2.0
Is that a rare thing?
SOME ONE TELL ME
(Removed by moderator - Please don't show disturbing images of kumquats)

I'm asleep like all the time…
JTanner2026
Scratcher
1000+ posts

The Nostalgia and Memories Topic

WallydogChoppychop wrote:

-Telekore- wrote:

Foods can have a sense of nostalgia too…
I like to look at my life from 10+ years ago when eating a delicious bowl of cotton candy-flavored ice cream :]
I've never been allowed to eat cotton candy…
oddly specific

Last edited by JTanner2026 (April 21, 2024 13:54:35)


(highlight then shift + down for bio)


haiii! i'm tanner/monika :3
bi femboy
he/her
in a lot of game fandoms
i draw and sing
i am a bit silly :3
minikiwigeek2
Scratcher
1000+ posts

The Nostalgia and Memories Topic

does anyone remember the 2006-2010 nick jr show wow! wow! wubbzy!? i’ve never actually watched it, but i do recall listening to the songs a lot when i was younger, and i remember really, really liking the game they had on the nick jr website. after doing some googling, it turns out that the game in question is home to a dedicated speedrunning community now, so that’s funny.

also, from what little i’ve seen, i really like the art style they went with. adobe flash is a lost art, and it can definitely be used well in kids shows as long as the animators actually try.

Kiwi

Last edited by minikiwigeek2 (April 21, 2024 20:16:33)


Reducing activity on Scratch during the month of June, and only popping in if I need to say something important. Contact me on external sites for a faster response.
(source for leftmost gif: thebrawlgirl)


Crispydogs101
Scratcher
1000+ posts

The Nostalgia and Memories Topic

minikiwigeek2 wrote:

does anyone remember the 2006-2010 nick jr show wow! wow! wubbzy!?
Not me but I think my sister watched it.

Hey! Look at this DTA!
Hej! My username is @Crispydogs101. I like listening to music, playing games, and more!
Sarah and duck, Pete the cat, Pegboard nerds, Tokyo machine, FORZA FAN!! Be High contrast Blue Be rich
Crispydogs101
Scratcher
1000+ posts

The Nostalgia and Memories Topic

Buddy03042009 wrote:

DVDs in general (especially toy story and cars)
I'm actually bringing back dvds now since I heard that streaming services are going into their fall so just to be ready I go to a local libary to borrow dvds.

It's like blockbuster but free. And that's also better than having to pay like “50 dollars” a month for streaming.

Hey! Look at this DTA!
Hej! My username is @Crispydogs101. I like listening to music, playing games, and more!
Sarah and duck, Pete the cat, Pegboard nerds, Tokyo machine, FORZA FAN!! Be High contrast Blue Be rich
-toontasticnetwork-
Scratcher
36 posts

The Nostalgia and Memories Topic

Crispydogs101 wrote:

Buddy03042009 wrote:

DVDs in general (especially toy story and cars)
I'm actually bringing back dvds now since I heard that streaming services are going into their fall so just to be ready I go to a local libary to borrow dvds.

It's like blockbuster but free. And that's also better than having to pay like “50 dollars” a month for streaming.
I actually hate streaming services because they’re subscription based and they have a limited amount of shows.

Last edited by -toontasticnetwork- (April 21, 2024 21:03:11)


-TN
Crispydogs101
Scratcher
1000+ posts

The Nostalgia and Memories Topic

-toontasticnetwork- wrote:

Crispydogs101 wrote:

Buddy03042009 wrote:

DVDs in general (especially toy story and cars)
I'm actually bringing back dvds now since I heard that streaming services are going into their fall so just to be ready I go to a local libary to borrow dvds.

It's like blockbuster but free. And that's also better than having to pay like “50 dollars” a month for streaming.
I actually hate streaming services because they’re subscription based and they have a limited amount of shows.
Same. Sometimes they even remove good shows.

Hey! Look at this DTA!
Hej! My username is @Crispydogs101. I like listening to music, playing games, and more!
Sarah and duck, Pete the cat, Pegboard nerds, Tokyo machine, FORZA FAN!! Be High contrast Blue Be rich
-toontasticnetwork-
Scratcher
36 posts

The Nostalgia and Memories Topic

Crispydogs101 wrote:

-toontasticnetwork- wrote:

Crispydogs101 wrote:

Buddy03042009 wrote:

DVDs in general (especially toy story and cars)
I'm actually bringing back dvds now since I heard that streaming services are going into their fall so just to be ready I go to a local libary to borrow dvds.

It's like blockbuster but free. And that's also better than having to pay like “50 dollars” a month for streaming.
I actually hate streaming services because they’re subscription based and they have a limited amount of shows.
Same. Sometimes they even remove good shows.
I know. (looking at you, zaslav)


-TN
minikiwigeek2
Scratcher
1000+ posts

The Nostalgia and Memories Topic

minikiwigeek2 wrote:

#3523
does anyone remember the 2006-2010 nick jr show wow! wow! wubbzy!? i’ve never actually watched it, but i do recall listening to the songs a lot when i was younger, and i remember really, really liking the game they had on the nick jr website. after doing some googling, it turns out that the game in question is home to a dedicated speedrunning community now, so that’s funny.

also, from what little i’ve seen, i really like the art style they went with. adobe flash is a lost art, and it can definitely be used well in kids shows as long as the animators actually try.

Kiwi
i now have this wacky idea to watch this silly little show for the first time and compile my thoughts into a youtube video. which will probably never happen, because i'm probably too lazy to do all that.

but if i do ever make such a thing, this will probably be the thumbnail.


Kiwi

Last edited by minikiwigeek2 (April 21, 2024 21:33:48)


Reducing activity on Scratch during the month of June, and only popping in if I need to say something important. Contact me on external sites for a faster response.
(source for leftmost gif: thebrawlgirl)


-toontasticnetwork-
Scratcher
36 posts

The Nostalgia and Memories Topic

minikiwigeek2 wrote:

minikiwigeek2 wrote:

#3523
does anyone remember the 2006-2010 nick jr show wow! wow! wubbzy!? i’ve never actually watched it, but i do recall listening to the songs a lot when i was younger, and i remember really, really liking the game they had on the nick jr website. after doing some googling, it turns out that the game in question is home to a dedicated speedrunning community now, so that’s funny.

also, from what little i’ve seen, i really like the art style they went with. adobe flash is a lost art, and it can definitely be used well in kids shows as long as the animators actually try.

Kiwi
i now have this wacky idea to watch this silly little show for the first time and compile my thoughts into a youtube video. which will probably never happen, because i'm probably too lazy to do all that.

but if i do ever make such a thing, this will probably be the thumbnail.


Kiwi
bump.

-TN
XxImmortal
Scratcher
100+ posts

The Nostalgia and Memories Topic

i now have this wacky idea to watch this silly little show for the first time and compile my thoughts into a youtube video. which will probably never happen, because i'm probably too lazy to do all that.

but if i do ever make such a thing, this will probably be the thumbnail.


Kiwi

It looks very mmmmmm. That's the only way I can describe that smile lol. You also look like you're internally suffering and wishing you never made this decision to watch that show.

Kiwi

Last edited by XxImmortal (April 22, 2024 18:10:52)


'Ello, I exist and I get surprised when people acknowledge my existence.

WAIITTT… When did I even reach 100+ forum posts!?
minikiwigeek2
Scratcher
1000+ posts

The Nostalgia and Memories Topic

XxImmortal wrote:

#3531
It looks very mmmmmm. That's the only way I can describe that smile lol. You also look like you're internally suffering and wishing you never made this decision to watch that show.
that's pretty much what i was going for, lol.

Kiwi

Reducing activity on Scratch during the month of June, and only popping in if I need to say something important. Contact me on external sites for a faster response.
(source for leftmost gif: thebrawlgirl)


-Almations-
Scratcher
100+ posts

The Nostalgia and Memories Topic

Anybody remember Purble place? (Yes, it's called purble) I used to LOVE that.


Current favorite song: Young God - Halsey
Currently obsessed with: CCC (Casting Club Call)
minikiwigeek2
Scratcher
1000+ posts

The Nostalgia and Memories Topic

-Almations- wrote:

#3533
Anybody remember Purble place? (Yes, it's called purble) I used to LOVE that.
the windows 7 game? yeah, i remember that! i wish microsoft included more games in windows like they used to…

fun fact, you can actually download purble place from the microsoft store for windows 10/11. it's pretty cool of microsoft to do that tbh

Kiwi

Reducing activity on Scratch during the month of June, and only popping in if I need to say something important. Contact me on external sites for a faster response.
(source for leftmost gif: thebrawlgirl)


82hw72vsb
Scratcher
100+ posts

The Nostalgia and Memories Topic

minikiwigeek2 wrote:

i wish microsoft included more games in windows like they used to…

my windows 10 computer came withmicrosoft solitaire collection. its a bunch of card games, but with a lot of ads (the windows 7 version of solitaire was better)

Generation 382: the first time you see this copy and paste it on top of your sig in the scratch forums and increase generation by 1. Social experiment.
sabrinachichi
Scratcher
100+ posts

The Nostalgia and Memories Topic

-Almations- wrote:

Anybody remember Purble place? (Yes, it's called purble) I used to LOVE that.

OMG YES I REMEMBER THAT
good times….

|ISFP-T|she/her/hers|12|clikkie, killjoy, and an american idiot|artist|drummer|
TWENTY-ONE PILOTS JUST BEING THE PILOTS
100th post

TABLEER3
Scratcher
100+ posts

The Nostalgia and Memories Topic

-Almations- wrote:

Anybody remember Purble place? (Yes, it's called purble) I used to LOVE that.

When I was 8(?), I played it on my dad's computer
…I found the characters to be a bit creepy, but it was good whatsoever

Last edited by TABLEER3 (April 23, 2024 21:50:34)


this is my signature it's very random and also under construction
-
currently highly interested in an adorable children's show. i may talk about it a lot on the forums
so i'm going to say

this character is the cutest one i've seen. it is the best!!
-
rhythm rally is my weakness
-

ok what (i 100% know that fan club music is in that list even though i cant see it really)
-


















lockstep
TABLEER3
Scratcher
100+ posts

The Nostalgia and Memories Topic

-toontasticnetwork- wrote:

Does anyone remember a 2011 app called Toontastic? It was similar to GoAnimate. (and it’s what i named my account after)
…I do remember using the 3D version of it.
…I created a lot of stuff on it and they were very simple yet weird.

…like the one I made about monkeys and jellyfishes where the monkey was born by a globe

this is my signature it's very random and also under construction
-
currently highly interested in an adorable children's show. i may talk about it a lot on the forums
so i'm going to say

this character is the cutest one i've seen. it is the best!!
-
rhythm rally is my weakness
-

ok what (i 100% know that fan club music is in that list even though i cant see it really)
-


















lockstep
82hw72vsb
Scratcher
100+ posts

The Nostalgia and Memories Topic

TABLEER3 wrote:

-toontasticnetwork- wrote:

Does anyone remember a 2011 app called Toontastic? It was similar to GoAnimate. (and it’s what i named my account after)
…I do remember using the 3D version of it.
…I created a lot of stuff on it and they were very simple yet weird.

…like the one I made about monkeys and jellyfishes where the monkey was born by a globe
the only animation app that i remember (and actually used) was flipaclip

Generation 382: the first time you see this copy and paste it on top of your sig in the scratch forums and increase generation by 1. Social experiment.
glitcX
Scratcher
1000+ posts

The Nostalgia and Memories Topic

TABLEER3 wrote:

-Almations- wrote:

Anybody remember Purble place? (Yes, it's called purble) I used to LOVE that.

When I was 8(?), I played it on my dad's computer
…I found the characters to be a bit creepy, but it was good whatsoever
same

Last edited by Kaj (Tomorrow 00:00:00)



PS4 User/FALL GUYS/YouTuber/Pokémon TCG/♬ Clarinet ♬/Terraria
To order dial the number on your screen. Each sold separately.
Terms apply.

BUY KUMQUAT GUARD NOW!
















:)

Powered by DjangoBB