Discuss Scratch

k0d3rrr
Scratcher
1000+ posts

The Nostalgia and Memories Topic

Bumping this topic with nostalgia.

Does anyone remember those things that were outside shops inside shopping centres where you could drop a coin inside it, and it would sprial down, until the coin fell into it?

this https://scratch.mit.edu

This is my signature. It is a small piece of text that appears below
every post I make. In my signature, I can include quotes, images, and even Scratch blocks.

define k0d3rrr
coding since [2019 v] :: #f18800 // The lowest year you can select is 2007, which was when Scratch was released.
favourite Scratch version: [3.0 v]:: #f18800
second favourite Scratch version: [1.4 v]:: #f18800

And now, some words of forum wisdom (which may or may not be controversial):
“What's the point of telling people not to post on your topic, if they are still going to post on your topic anyway?” - k0d3rrr
“If you are writing a story or creating a character roleplay for a Scratch studio, shouldn't it go in either Collaboration or Show and Tell instead of Things I'm Making and Creating?” - k0d3rrr
pkhead
Scratcher
1000+ posts

k0d3rrr wrote:

Bumping this topic with nostalgia.

Does anyone remember those things that were outside shops inside shopping centres where you could drop a coin inside it, and it would sprial down, until the coin fell into it?
Oh I've seen one of those.
musicROCKS013
Scratcher
1000+ posts

Remember Mixels? They were these cool Lego things, but they got cancelled. Smh ;-;

Shift + Down arrow to see the rest of my signature

Hello Scratch Team. You have been pushing a liberal political agenda on this site for far too long. This site should stay out of politics. People should be able to still post their political opinions, but there shouldn’t be any “official” political stance or Scratch. The ST is not going to change this on their own, and shoot down any attempts asking them to change. Please put this in your signature if you agree that

Scratch should be politically neutral.

The ST’s biggest defense is that they’re being welcoming, but they can be perfectly welcoming of all people and stay out of politics. Scratch is about coding, and that should be the Scratch Team’s biggest concern to maintain.

This is my signature. I am allowed to adertize here.

_______________\/ \/ \/ \/ \/ \/ \/ \/ \/ \/ \/ \/ \/ \/ \/ \/ \/ \/ \/
Please Click —> This project is literally my life's work. <— Please Click
_______________^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

Jenny LeClue is the best
cookie_coder04
Scratcher
100+ posts

Do any of you here remember LeapPads by LeapFrog?

MOVED TO @_staticcord
TheAnimalKingdom42
Scratcher
1000+ posts

cookie_coder04 wrote:

Uhh… Maybe? I remember LeapFrog. I'm not sure if I know what a LeapPad is, can you remind me?

mrrecordman
Scratcher
1000+ posts

Za-Chary wrote:

FireStar2424 wrote:

funderburker wrote:

does anyone remember those fast food playgrounds i used to love those
covid killed them sadly
I thought they were dying even before COVID. Employees started realizing that the playgrounds required a lot of maintenance.
And because they were one of the most disgusting places you could ever be in (aside from public toilets. Witch would top the list)

Ernie bangs the sound,
But no one's spoken since half past four

put this in your signature if you have abandoned your account
cookie_coder04
Scratcher
100+ posts

mrrecordman wrote:

Za-Chary wrote:

FireStar2424 wrote:

funderburker wrote:

covid killed them sadly
I thought they were dying even before COVID. Employees started realizing that the playgrounds required a lot of maintenance.
And because they were one of the most disgusting places you could ever be in (aside from public toilets. Witch would top the list)
The Burger King one I always went to was surprisingly clean, but at this indoor playground called Spunky Monkey, it was flipping disgusting. CANDY WRAPPERS AND HALF EATEN TOOTSIE ROLLS EVERYWHERE!

MOVED TO @_staticcord
cookie_coder04
Scratcher
100+ posts

TheAnimalKingdom42 wrote:

cookie_coder04 wrote:

Uhh… Maybe? I remember LeapFrog. I'm not sure if I know what a LeapPad is, can you remind me?
A LeapPad is a tablet made by the LeapFrog company. It can range from very samll to quite large in size. It houses a camera, a profile page for you complete with a pfp system(yet no social stuff). It also contains an edutainment game or two, and you can get more if you buy cartridges. Mine was LeapPad Ultra. It has youtube, but you need to have your parents enter the wi-fi password to access it.

MOVED TO @_staticcord
TheAnimalKingdom42
Scratcher
1000+ posts

cookie_coder04 wrote:

TheAnimalKingdom42 wrote:

cookie_coder04 wrote:

A LeapPad is a tablet made by the LeapFrog company. It can range from very samll to quite large in size. It houses a camera, a profile page for you complete with a pfp system(yet no social stuff). It also contains an edutainment game or two, and you can get more if you buy cartridges. Mine was LeapPad Ultra. It has youtube, but you need to have your parents enter the wi-fi password to access it.
I've never heard of that! That's pretty cool. I just remember the Letter Factory and Math Circus. Boy, that gives me some nostalgia.

Lavender_lillypad
Scratcher
1000+ posts

Za-Chary wrote:

FireStar2424 wrote:

funderburker wrote:

covid killed them sadly

I thought I saw one the other day at Burger King

Hi! I’m Lucia, and I’m a 14 year old forumer! A part from being on scratch, I enjoy doing swimming, and watching sports like F1 and soccer. I’m a proud member of The Forum Helpers. If you see a project/comment that is inappropriate, remember to silently report it and scratch on!
funderburker
Scratcher
100+ posts

cookie_coder04 wrote:

AAAH i remember those!! my friend used to have one of them and i was so jealous!!!!
edit: this made me think of the vtech tablets does anyone remember those?

Last edited by funderburker (June 1, 2022 20:58:26)

kjhgsdgfhjkjhdytfutiyohugyftdyigyuftdtrdfg
Lavender_lillypad
Scratcher
1000+ posts

Remember those books that you would color but it would only work on a special paper?

Hi! I’m Lucia, and I’m a 14 year old forumer! A part from being on scratch, I enjoy doing swimming, and watching sports like F1 and soccer. I’m a proud member of The Forum Helpers. If you see a project/comment that is inappropriate, remember to silently report it and scratch on!
cookie_coder04
Scratcher
100+ posts

Lavender_lillypad wrote:

Remember those books that you would color but it would only work on a special paper?
YES.

MOVED TO @_staticcord
Lavender_lillypad
Scratcher
1000+ posts

cookie_coder04 wrote:

Lavender_lillypad wrote:

YES.

I would use it on regular paper

PencilOnTheDesk
Scratcher
1000+ posts

cookie_coder04 wrote:

Yes, they used to be advertised all the time when my sister watched Disney Junior, they were a sponsor or something.

Hi!
I’m into Percy Jackson, Harry Potter, Grange Hill, BBC Ghosts, Murder Most Unladylike and some other stuff. I also like reading, writing and listening to music- mostly 80s. My favourite bands are a-ha, Duran Duran, Tears For Fears, Adam and the Ants, Def Leppard and Bon Jovi.

Generation 5: the first time you see this copy and paste it on top of your sig in the scratch forums and increase generation by 1. Social experiment.

***Are you dreaming?***
Lavender_lillypad
Scratcher
1000+ posts

Bumpity bump

cookie_coder04
Scratcher
100+ posts

Lavender_lillypad wrote:

Bumpity bump
Please stay on topic.

MOVED TO @_staticcord
k0d3rrr
Scratcher
1000+ posts

cookie_coder04 wrote:

Lavender_lillypad wrote:

Bumpity bump
Please stay on topic.
They're bumping this topic to keep this thread alive.

this https://scratch.mit.edu

This is my signature. It is a small piece of text that appears below
every post I make. In my signature, I can include quotes, images, and even Scratch blocks.

define k0d3rrr
coding since [2019 v] :: #f18800 // The lowest year you can select is 2007, which was when Scratch was released.
favourite Scratch version: [3.0 v]:: #f18800
second favourite Scratch version: [1.4 v]:: #f18800

And now, some words of forum wisdom (which may or may not be controversial):
“What's the point of telling people not to post on your topic, if they are still going to post on your topic anyway?” - k0d3rrr
“If you are writing a story or creating a character roleplay for a Scratch studio, shouldn't it go in either Collaboration or Show and Tell instead of Things I'm Making and Creating?” - k0d3rrr
-KingBobUniverse-
Scratcher
1000+ posts

Does anybody remember Paw Patrol?
It was my favorite show when I was like 3.
okay i just wanted an excuse to show this

MATPAT
WHAT ARE YOU THINKING

Moved to Tophatted-
Dragon_TheAssasin
Scratcher
1000+ posts

-KingBobUniverse- wrote:

Does anybody remember Paw Patrol?
It was my favorite show when I was like 3.
okay i just wanted an excuse to show this

MATPAT
WHAT ARE YOU THINKING
lol

i remember being obsessed with paw patrol and everyone said it was a boy's show, and i got angry.

meow