Discuss Scratch

Flaame
Scratcher
100+ posts

Updates to Following and Followers

900miles wrote:

Unlocked wrote:

If you don't like what the scratch team says, leave. Otherwise, deal with it and move on.

Except for, you know…

Speakvisually wrote:

Feel free to share your thoughts!
lol true.

Do you like minecraft? Check out my minecraft remake, ScratchCraft here!
Click here for a really cool game I made on ROBLOX!
Superdoggy
Scratcher
1000+ posts

Firedrake969 wrote:

Superdoggy wrote:

ZaharaMar wrote:

Firedrake969 wrote:

Second:
Yay, I can brag since I'm “famous” and you're not, and I've worked so hard to earn my X followers!

Yeah, that's called bragging, and that is definitely NOT going to be allowed on Scratch.
I agree, it is called bragging.

No, it's called jealousy. I'm not bragging when I say I worked hard and earned my 1100+ followers. If I say I worked hard to earn my followers, and you say “but I worked hard too, stop bragging”, then that's jealousy over the followers that I EARNED.

Saying that I worked hard to earn my followers is NOT, I repeat NOT bragging. xP
That's bragging, no matter what you say.

It is? I am NOT bragging when I said I worked hard to get followers. That is a fact. I am not saying “I'm awesome, I have so many followers, I'm better than you, and I worked harder than you”. Maybe that's what you'd do, not me.

Last edited by Superdoggy (Oct. 5, 2014 23:26:15)

Superdoggy
Scratcher
1000+ posts

900miles wrote:

Superdoggy wrote:

No, it's called jealousy. I'm not bragging when I say I worked hard and earned my 1100+ followers. If I say I worked hard to earn my followers, and you say “but I worked hard too, stop bragging”, then that's jealousy over the followers that I EARNED.

Saying that I worked hard to earn my followers is NOT, I repeat NOT bragging. xP

Wait, are you saying you can't do that anymore?

Nope, I'm simply stating that I am not bragging, and that other users (I'm not saying you ) should stop accusing me of doing so.

michelleabraham
New to Scratch
2 posts

hi
Flaame
Scratcher
100+ posts

Firedrake969 wrote:

Superdoggy wrote:

ZaharaMar wrote:

Firedrake969 wrote:

Second:
Yay, I can brag since I'm “famous” and you're not, and I've worked so hard to earn my X followers!

Yeah, that's called bragging, and that is definitely NOT going to be allowed on Scratch.

That's bragging, no matter what you say. That's like, say, Bill Gates telling someone on the streets “Hey, I'm rich! I worked hard to get billions of dollars!” That's still bragging, unless you're not proud of that number… http://prntscr.com/4tf1sd
Bragging is when you intend to say how good you are. Having a lot of followers and telling everyone is not bragging. Those are two different meanings. Ok?

Blueinkproductions
Scratcher
1000+ posts

Flaame wrote:

Firedrake969 wrote:

Superdoggy wrote:

ZaharaMar wrote:

Firedrake969 wrote:

Second:

That's bragging, no matter what you say. That's like, say, Bill Gates telling someone on the streets “Hey, I'm rich! I worked hard to get billions of dollars!” That's still bragging, unless you're not proud of that number… http://prntscr.com/4tf1sd
Bragging is when you intend to say how good you are. Having a lot of followers and telling everyone is not bragging. Those are two different meanings. Ok?
Why are you telling everyone?

Generation 2: the first time you see this copy and paste it on top of your sig in the scratch forums and increase generation by 1. Social experiment.
____                  _____  _______              
| \ | | | | | |\ | | /
|___/ | | | |__ | | \ | |/
| \ | | | | | | \ | |\
| | | | | | | | \ | | \
|___/ L____ \___/ |_____ ___|___ | \| | \
PRODUCTIONS

Here's a hint: support = support.

<shameless self promotion>follow me! follow me! follow me! love my stuff! love my stuff! love my stuff! follow me! love my stuff! remix my stuff! follow me! follow me! </shameless self promotion>
Flaame
Scratcher
100+ posts

Blueinkproductions wrote:

Flaame wrote:

Firedrake969 wrote:

Superdoggy wrote:

ZaharaMar wrote:

Firedrake969 wrote:

Second:

Because people don't understand the meaning of bragging.

Paddle2See
Scratch Team
1000+ posts

It seems like the discussion is getting rather pointed here. Please make your points without being insulting or accusatory.

Scratch Team Member, kayak and pickleball enthusiast, cat caregiver.

This is my forum signature! On a forum post, it is okay for Scratchers to advertise in their forum signature. The signature is the stuff that shows up below the horizontal line on the post. It will show up on every post I make.
(credit to Za-Chary)

;
Superdoggy
Scratcher
1000+ posts

Flaame wrote:

Except for me, because I'm awesome and epic! xP

Blueinkproductions
Scratcher
1000+ posts

Flaame wrote:

Blueinkproductions wrote:

Flaame wrote:

-snip-
No, I mean: “Why would you be telling everyone how many followers you have?”

Last edited by Blueinkproductions (Oct. 5, 2014 22:55:24)

Generation 2: the first time you see this copy and paste it on top of your sig in the scratch forums and increase generation by 1. Social experiment.
____                  _____  _______              
| \ | | | | | |\ | | /
|___/ | | | |__ | | \ | |/
| \ | | | | | | \ | |\
| | | | | | | | \ | | \
|___/ L____ \___/ |_____ ___|___ | \| | \
PRODUCTIONS

Here's a hint: support = support.

<shameless self promotion>follow me! follow me! follow me! love my stuff! love my stuff! love my stuff! follow me! love my stuff! remix my stuff! follow me! follow me! </shameless self promotion>
Superdoggy
Scratcher
1000+ posts

Paddle2See wrote:

It seems like the discussion is getting rather pointed here. Please make your points without being insulting or accusatory.

I agree. I'd like to, but it seems that there is little-to-no tolerance for people like me who are 100% pro-capitalist. xP

I'll see if I can make my posts a little less pointy when I get offended.

ZaharaMar
Scratcher
500+ posts

Superdoggy wrote:

ZaharaMar wrote:

Firedrake969 wrote:

Second:

We all worked hard to have whatever number of followers we have.

ωσи∂єяℓαи∂…
ZaharaMar
Scratcher
500+ posts

Superdoggy wrote:

ZaharaMar wrote:

Firedrake969 wrote:

Second:

Edit: Sorry, I double posted. Sorry.

Last edited by ZaharaMar (Oct. 5, 2014 23:22:03)

ωσи∂єяℓαи∂…
Superdoggy
Scratcher
1000+ posts

ZaharaMar wrote:

Superdoggy wrote:

ZaharaMar wrote:

Firedrake969 wrote:

Second:

Yep! And that's why saying that we worked hard for followers (whatever the number) is not bragging! ;D

ZaharaMar
Scratcher
500+ posts

Superdoggy wrote:

ZaharaMar wrote:

Superdoggy wrote:

ZaharaMar wrote:

Firedrake969 wrote:

Second:

Yep! And that's why saying that we worked hard for followers (whatever the number) is not bragging! ;D
No, saying that you are famous and others aren't is bragging. I am not sure if that's what you said but that's what Firedrake969 posted. =]

ωσи∂єяℓαи∂…
Superdoggy
Scratcher
1000+ posts

ZaharaMar wrote:

That's what Firedrake969 posted. =]

Scratchifier
Scratcher
1000+ posts

My brother Superdoggy worked hard for each and every one of his 1180+ followers, and as much as I would like to have more than him, he's earned them and I have not, so far.

Besides, this is sort of getting a bit derailed… although this sort of relates to the subject, I think it's more back and forth “no it's not bragging”… “yes it is bragging”… “no it's not bragging”… then anything else.
ZaharaMar
Scratcher
500+ posts

Superdoggy wrote:

ZaharaMar wrote:

That's what Firedrake969 posted. =]
=3

ωσи∂єяℓαи∂…
NoxSpooth
Scratcher
1000+ posts

michelleabraham wrote:

hi
I totally agree with your point.
Superdoggy
Scratcher
1000+ posts

NoxSpooth wrote:

michelleabraham wrote:

hi
I totally agree with your point.
Me too! xD

However, let's not mock them, they may be new.

Last edited by Superdoggy (Oct. 6, 2014 01:01:23)