Discuss Scratch

_-BuRnInGfLaMeS-_
Scratcher
500+ posts

Studio Updates FAQ

Octo_Terra wrote:

Ok, this came out of nowhere. I really don't like this update, and I'm sure tons of people agree. The 25 message limit is really stupid. I also cannot figure out how to add curators from my follower list, like it was before. The worst part about this was the lack of heads up and communication with the community about this update.
i completely agree with this.
while i like the more modern design of the studios, everything is way too big and it somewhat triggers my claustrophobia. i would argue that a togglable mobile version would be much more efficient, with a computer version that would have… less scarily huge elements.
and also, like octo_terra said, the 25 message limit feels too small. for Scratchers trying to have a large conversation that may take longer than 25 comments, they would have to make new comments once they reached the limit. the problem with this is that if they were a particularly active group, multiple people might make comments and the conversation would be split up. isn't that the exact reason we're encouraged to link duplicates on the forums? so the discussion all stays in one place?
you could, of course, say that a studio perhaps wouldn't be the best place to start long conversations. the problem is that there might not be an appropriate forum to post them in, not everyone involved in the conversation would have access to other sites either. and continuing the discussion on a project or profile would cause one person to get flooded with messages.

perhaps i could propose a couple of these things in suggestions instead, since they're likely going to be ignored and brushed over here. i just thought it would be beneficial for at least some people to see my viewpoint and hear what i had to say.

gave up on making my signature look pretty. you're probably just here to find out about me, right?

my name is robin loll

i use he/xe/xyr, and i'm girlflux and a lesbian!
i rlly like amphibia, the owl house, bandori and project sekai
i hope we can be friends, see you around! <3
Tristan751_2
Scratcher
56 posts

Studio Updates FAQ

Dear Scratch Team,
This is the worst update ever! You have to manually invite people now, which takes forever. Also, for new Scratchers and Scratchers alike, this is realy complicated. Please change it back!
when green flag clicked
hide

I post on the forums sometimes.
when green flag clicked
forever
say [Make animations forever!] for (Lifetime) secs
end
-B_u_n_n_y-
Scratcher
13 posts

Studio Updates FAQ

I understand this very much, but this update suck no offence, we can't rp like we use to and it's just not fun anymore. And i have a feeling this will cause a lot of ogs to leave because of this change like me i'm really thinking about moving to different sites, i also hate how you must manually type usernames in i like to be able to tell everyone if something important is happening and it takes too long to type them all in /neg please change this back, you could have other ways of controlling stuff like this, but this sucks truly. Sorry st, but please change this stuff back, mostly the studio stuff and reply limit/srs
Annabeth_Chase0986
Scratcher
4 posts

Studio Updates FAQ

And I think i speak for everyone when i say you need to [change it back!!!!! We are all angry and liked it before.
-max_ride-
Scratcher
9 posts

Studio Updates FAQ

-CloudedCake- wrote:

This update and format is fine and all but like
What about roleplay studios? Theres tons of them out there
What if there’s an active studio but the studio creator leaves Scratch and nobody can edit the description, even if it needs to be.
For example, take a roleplay studios. Those studios will be MORE spammed BECAUSE of an update like this, now people will have to restart their roleplay conversations. Sometimes roleplay studios or any other studios, have descriptions that are edited daily. But what if the description needs updated but the person creating the studio, isn’t on Scratch anymore? Sure, you can remake the studios, but then once again, ONE person will be in charge and all of that stress if DUMPED ON THAT ONE PERSON. That’s so stressful!

If you want to make a better community, I AT LEAST suggest allowing the Studio Creator to promote Managers to allow them to edit description. They could become ‘Co-Studio Creator’ or something like that!

You have utterly disappointed us, Scratch
PLEASE LISTEN TO THIS PERON. LISTEN PLEEASE
CatsUnited
Scratcher
1000+ posts

Studio Updates FAQ

yeah only allowing studio owners to change the thumbnail, description or title wasn't the best take

bottom text
ARCEUS_MASTER
Scratcher
100+ posts

Studio Updates FAQ

-B_u_n_n_y- wrote:

I understand this very much, but this update suck no offence, we can't rp like we use to and it's just not fun anymore. And i have a feeling this will cause a lot of ogs to leave because of this change like me i'm really thinking about moving to different sites, i also hate how you must manually type usernames in i like to be able to tell everyone if something important is happening and it takes too long to type them all in /neg please change this back, you could have other ways of controlling stuff like this, but this sucks truly. Sorry st, but please change this stuff back, mostly the studio stuff and reply limit/srs
EXACTLY

POWERFUL MEMBER OF THE PANZER BATTALION
SABATON ALL THE WAY
starwishes2011
Scratcher
13 posts

Studio Updates FAQ

I gotta admit, I'm not really liking this update one bit. Personally, I feel like the old one was better. There are many things that now you can't see or do, and honestly, it's just looking ridiculous.

-ˏˋ hihi, i'm ari ✌
♥ she/they
♥ swimmer, sleeper, foodie, and weirdo!
♥ no f4f, follow on request, hate, spam, or breaking guidelines
♥ @starwishes_test

some other stuff you should know about me is listed here ^^ https://scratch.mit.edu/projects/1581299/
-Firesnake-
Scratcher
79 posts

Studio Updates FAQ

In general I feel as though the update is no longer only an inconvenience issue, but a practical issue as well. Additionally, the lack of communication does not help the situation.

PaigeTurnerE
Scratcher
500+ posts

Studio Updates FAQ

Milkysplash wrote:

KittenC0des wrote:

Ok so most people don't like this update, including me. It's quite sudden and offputting to several people. Also, why a reply limit? That wasn't there before and doesn't have a reason to be there, it's going to ruin quite a lot of studios, specifically roleplay studios, which is a pretty big community, with this new reply limit. Can you pretty please remove this update or rework it a bit? If you can't do that can you at least remove the reply limit? Thank you very much ^^
Yes, I agree with your points and from reading all the gitHub conversations; the problem is the 3.0 API because it is so slow. If we had the old 2.0 studio system; nothing needed to be changed (I belive)

Personally, I also don't like this update (In fact, I hate it), and Scratch Team, you realise you've BROKEN AND ENTIRE COMMUNITY, which just.. no. You're also just making more scratchers trust you less, and many already opposed the descion.

And then with SSC, only leaders can edit their studio descriptions and only ella can edit the main cabin :<<

⠀ ⠀ ⠀ ⠀ ⠀ ⠀ ⠀ ⠀ ⠀ ⠀ ⠀ ⠀ ⠀ ⠀ ⠀ ⠀ ⠀ ⠀ ⠀ ⠀ ⠀ ⠀ ❝ I'm a legal adult in 1805! ❞
⠀ ⠀ ⠀⠀ ⠀ ⠀ ⠀
Sparkle_Puppy99
Scratcher
6 posts

Studio Updates FAQ

AHHH IDK HOW TO EDIT THE DESC EITHER!
Jeffalo
Scratcher
1000+ posts

Studio Updates FAQ

ScratchCat wrote:

Limiting comment threads helps enhance site performance, and prevents long but still active threads from being buried where few people will see new activity. As Scratch continues to grow, it is important to us to continue exploring ways in which we can help keep Scratch running smoothly, safely, and quickly for everyone who uses it. It is our hope that these changes will help do just that! Once a comment thread has reached its limit, you are welcome to start a new thread to continue the conversation.
but now we can view "buried' comment threads using a comment link.. doesn't this update just cause comment threads to get buried even more?

scratch team summer engineering intern
Flowermanvista
Scratcher
1000+ posts

Studio Updates FAQ

Sparkle_Puppy99 wrote:

AHHH IDK HOW TO EDIT THE DESC EITHER!
Currently, only the studio's owner can change the description, title, or thumbnail. (Source)

Last edited by Flowermanvista (July 6, 2021 15:41:39)

Add a SPOOKY SKELETON to your project!

The Scratch 3 Project Save Troubleshooter - find out why your project won't save

ST, Please Add A Warning When A Size Limit Is Exceeded

My Dumb Creations - THE BEST ANIMATION | The Windows 98 Experience (made on Windows 98) | nobody cares about Me… | the2000 Reveals His New Profile Picture | Not Dumb Creations - Ten Years
Ctrl+Shift+Down for more…
Do evil kumquats keep eating your signature? Assert your dominance and eat the evil kumquats. Did you know that kumquats are only about the size of an olive?
ScolderCreations
Scratcher
1000+ posts

Studio Updates FAQ

I am going to lose several brain cells reading some of these replies

-max_ride-
Scratcher
9 posts

Studio Updates FAQ

please change it back. these people have valid points!! you disappointed us st.
debabeth
Scratcher
3 posts

Studio Updates FAQ

No offence but I really don't like this update. If managers can't do anything, what's even the point of having them? And everything is so narrow now. We can't even talk to our friends/people anymore with the reply limit of 25. And New Scratchers basically get nothing. They have to wait two weeks to even get to make a studio? I really don't like this update.
Thanks,
Debabeth
HungryAnimator
Scratcher
20 posts

Studio Updates FAQ

Thanks for the update!

when green flag clicked
ask [Do you want a snack?] and wait
if <(answer) = [Yes]> then
point in direction [of kitchen]
go to [kitchen]
wait until <touching [Snack] ?>
change [Snacks Obtained] by (1)
ARCEUS_MASTER
Scratcher
100+ posts

Studio Updates FAQ

lol, everyone's complaining about this (MYSELF INCLUDED SCRATCH ARE YOU WRITING THIS DOWN)

POWERFUL MEMBER OF THE PANZER BATTALION
SABATON ALL THE WAY
ISAACSFA
Scratcher
100+ posts

Studio Updates FAQ

I like it!

reappearance
Scratcher
23 posts

Studio Updates FAQ

I'm sorry, but I strongly dislike this. Studios seemed fine before. The only one of these I somewhat understand, or at least understand being implemented in the way it was, is the reply limit. I have problems with everything else, though.

-New Scratchers can't make studios
I think a better idea would be having a limit on the number of studios new scratchers can have. New scratchers are still people who may want to have a chat studio, organize projects by type, catalog their favorite projects, etc.

-Managers can't edit descriptions
Better idea: make it easier to demote someone to curator and see who edited what. Those would solve the problem you're describing.

-Manager limit
I dislike this most. If the goal is to prevent spamming, the time limit on commenting too quickly already does that. If the goal is to eliminate active studios, that's going to make Scratch a lot less liked and popular. If there has to be a way to impose this on certain studios, have a manager limit option that the owner can turn on or off and change the maximum number of managers on.

-Reply limit
Okay, I understand this one. Performance issues, whatever.

Sorry if this sounded too negative, I just dislike this and feel like there were better solutions to almost all problems addressed. I want to see this website continue to improve.

-Casey

-Casey

if <[life] = [good]> then 

think [positively]

else
change [life] by (making yourself heard)
end