Discuss Scratch

DarthVader4Life
Scratcher
1000+ posts

Increase the reply limit.

As part of an update to scratch, the ST have decided to implement a reply limit. Part of this is to take action against chat studios. Right now, the limit is 25 replies. This is too little. I think it should be up to 50-100 due to roleplays and constructive discussions on studios. This should be a good compromise between the scratchers and the ST.

Edit: I'd rather be safe and not have people discussing it's removal. I'd rather not risk increasing the chance of this topic getting closed.

Last edited by DarthVader4Life (July 6, 2021 17:38:30)

Be Moist Also, here's a helpful link to Ocular
I am DV4L, Erector of Text Walls, Typer of Long Posts, Creator of Mini-mod posts
The kumquats have eaten this line, so I have to have a new way to repel them.
Had a bad day or are feeling bored? Watch this to make your day better in an interesting way.
Do you think you've been banned unfairly? Then you'd be wrong. The ST aren't children, so quit acting like they are.
-Accio-
Scratcher
1000+ posts

I would wait until the feature is officially released and the Scratch Team has released a statement before you start to make suggestions about it. Since the feature hasn't been released yet, it could still be changed at any time and could lead to this being implemented before release even happens.

Hi There! I'm -Accio-

I am currently attending university for a Bachelor's of Science in Chemistry.

“If you are not part of the solution, you are part of the precipitate”
DarthVader4Life
Scratcher
1000+ posts

-Accio- wrote:

I would wait until the feature is officially released and the Scratch Team has released a statement before you start to make suggestions about it. Since the feature hasn't been released yet, it could still be changed at any time and could lead to this being implemented before release even happens.
At which point, if this suggestion is implemented upon release, I can close it.

I am DV4L, Erector of Text Walls, Typer of Long Posts, Creator of Mini-mod posts
Had a bad day or are feeling bored? Watch this to make your day better in an interesting way.
Do you think you've been banned unfairly? Then you'd be wrong. The ST aren't children, so quit acting like they are.
7salad3salad
Scratcher
1000+ posts

I agree, as you make a valid argument against it. So, support!

Forumer Post Count Bar Graph! (inspired by AIGamesDeveloper)
Project: Forummon by randomguy3513
hi, contrast
JUST BECAUSE THERES A WORKAROUND ISNT A GOOD REASON TO NOT SUPPORT!!!

dont call me 7salad
dont call me 7salsa lol
just simply “Salad” will do.

:]::#00289A// This is my pet Noobles! He protects my signature from [i]unwanted guests[/i]

B){

}::#800080//This is Noobles' big brother, Probles. He has returned and Noobles is happy to see him!
//oh, yeah, he is also cool so he wears sunglasses.

:P::cap sensing//This is their little brother, Doobles

old banner thnng
arvepro3579
Scratcher
100+ posts

They shouldn't implement this, I like roleplaying, so support, as I won't be able to roleplay otherwise.

Edit: There shouldn't be any limit.

Last edited by arvepro3579 (June 5, 2021 08:31:55)

Not on scratch very often
dertermenter
Scratcher
1000+ posts

A better solution is that there is no limit and this gets scrapped. It’s a shame the ST are a bit stubborn, they got 47 dislikes with people getting better solutions and points why this would be bad but they carry on.

The2000 wrote:

All suggestions are unnecessary. If a suggestion is necessary then it's a bug report.

dertermenter wrote:

April Fools Day on the forums has been a repeated privilege, not an expectation
-gge
Scratcher
1000+ posts

supp ort
or remove the limit

《 ? | aug 9 | ravenclaw | a | shift+down for more signature》
V CLICK THAT TO MAKE GRIFFPATCH FOLLOW YOU V

(+-(▪_▪ :: looks)-+ :: sound)// this is kumquat eater. she eats kumquats.
[/scratchblocks]

Codingfairy07
Scratcher
500+ posts

This is so unfair, RP's will go away, and I love RP's, so, support.

(φ゜▽゜*♪) :: sensing // This is Laura, my kumquat guard who never sleeps. Sleeping is for amateur Kumquat guards.
Announcement
;
DarthVader4Life
Scratcher
1000+ posts

dertermenter wrote:

A better solution is that there is no limit and this gets scrapped. It’s a shame the ST are a bit stubborn, they got 47 dislikes with people getting better solutions and points why this would be bad but they carry on.
Yes, I agree, however, the ST have made it clear that they are notscrapping it. So, if they aren't scrapping it, then why not simply raise the limit?

arvepro3579 wrote:

They shouldn't implement this, I like roleplaying, so support, as I won't be able to roleplay otherwise.

Edit: There shouldn't be any limit.
As I said before, the ST are still going ahead with it.

I'm not so sure we should be discussing the reply limit's removal, as it's clearly going to be in that update and this topic could get closed. So, let's just focus on increasing it, which sounds like it'd be a realistic enough goal to be implemented.

han614698
Scratcher
1000+ posts

Can you guys stop complaining about it, it's not even 100% yet?!

No support, 25 is enough and give me one example when you would need more? Getting longer than 25 is too much anyway.

<Scratch Wikian | Forum Helper | 6000+ Posts>

Credit to -gge for the icons in my signature | I condensed all this code into five lines using [p] tags, idk why

DarthVader4Life
Scratcher
1000+ posts

han614698 wrote:

No support, 25 is enough and give me one example when you would need more? Getting longer than 25 is too much anyway.
Not only would 25 hinder RPs greatly, it'd also create out of context conversations. And I'm attempting at a compromise.

Prime689
Scratcher
1000+ posts

Ay, shall give me threads, that, alas, have more than twenty five comments, ay, I would so. Alas! My, ay, I wouldn't support, alas, for why this would be, ay, helpful.

6'2 - they/them - canadian - teen
hiPeeps124816
Scratcher
500+ posts

Support, we explained enough about why this shouldn't be added in the pull request.

Generation 7: First time you see this? Copy and paste it on top of your signature in the forums and increase generation by 1.

thethethethethethethethethethethethethethethethethethethethethethethethethethethethethethethethethethethethethethethethethethethethethethethe
Specs -
Browser: Varies, usually Safari 15.3 or Opera GX 83 or Firefox 96
Computer: Late 2013 MacBook Pro 2.4GHz Dual Core Intel Core i5
highlight and shift down arrow

;
DarthVader4Life
Scratcher
1000+ posts

10 day bump.

ScratchCatHELLO
Scratcher
1000+ posts

han614698 wrote:

conversations, rps, debates, etc.

ScratchCatHELLO
I have 5600+ posts, I've been on scratch for 5 1/2 years, I'm a Forum Helper™ and I have a Scratch Wiki account!
I like: Python, CSS, Javascript, Rust

Python 3 Text Adventure
cool new browser game - cursed laughing-crying emoji - Illuminati - you know waterbenders, but do you know stock-imagebenders? - snek - vibin' - Bump song (vevo) - Speed bump - yee - fred - m i c k e y
bj675
Scratcher
42 posts

there is like, not a single reason you would only need 25 for even one conversation.I support
better yet, there should be no limit. chat studios are not a problem.

smug dance. I've been on here for abt two years, this is just a school acc.
Codingfairy07
Scratcher
500+ posts

bj675 wrote:

there is like, not a single reason you would only need 25 for even one conversation.I support
Well this could make spam easier maybe make it something high like 300.

(φ゜▽゜*♪) :: sensing // This is Laura, my kumquat guard who never sleeps. Sleeping is for amateur Kumquat guards.
Announcement
;
b7_
New to Scratch
62 posts

Codingfairy07 wrote:

bj675 wrote:

300 is too high.

Maybe 50 would be a good compromise. There are workarounds for RPs.

I actually have 500+ posts! I had to make a 3 letter account .

I wrote:

Say you get a banana. BUT the person who gave you the banana says you can't take a picture of it and use a 3D printer to get another one. You do anyway, and so the person takes away your banana and also the copy of your banana. Then, later, they feel sorry for you and give your banana back, but they forget to give the copy of your banana back. Is it then logical to presume that since they only gave you one banana back, you may not use that banana? No. It's not.
source

mitdk
Scratcher
1000+ posts

b7_ wrote:

Codingfairy07 wrote:

bj675 wrote:

300 is too high.

50-75, id say
DarthVader4Life
Scratcher
1000+ posts

mitdk wrote:

b7_ wrote:

Codingfairy07 wrote:

bj675 wrote:

300 is too high.

50-75, id say
That sounds good, but I'm still going to keep my original 50-100 for the reply limit.