Discuss Scratch

DarthVader4Life
Scratcher
1000+ posts

Increase the reply limit.

lapisi wrote:

DarthVader4Life wrote:

lapisi wrote:

okay, how about this, instead of using studios for roleplays, we use projects and remixing and use the studios to store the characters?
You say this like it's supposed to change something.
it does change it, the roleplaying is no longer in the comments and instead it's in the remixes in the form of animations, meaning it would no longer be affected by the reply limit

Strange…. considering the clarification about what you mean, I would like to say that Aa. comments are better and more flexible for roleplays, Ab. projects give notifications to the owner of said project, so there's obviously going to be some annoyance, Ba. you realize how inefficient remixes are, right?, Bb. What happens when there are multiple people remixing?

lapisi wrote:

-snip-
EDIT: or even better, just use lists
Here we are again…

Holy Book of TOLORS wrote:

3.1 Chat projects with cloud variables
Although it is possible to make a chat project using cloud variables, it is not allowed to make such a project. This is because there is a high potential for bullying and inappropriate messages, and the Scratch Team does not have the resources to moderate these chat rooms.

Chat projects on Scratch which contained a whitelist (that is, the user could only chat using certain words) used to be allowed on Scratch. Over time, however, the moderation issues got too high, and some users attempted to use such projects to get around the Community Guidelines. As a result, the Scratch Team has decided that these kinds of projects are not allowed on the Scratch website, even if they contain a whitelist of words. However, whitelisted phrases are okay, provided that users cannot freely write their own sentences using the cloud chat project.

Last edited by DarthVader4Life (July 13, 2021 23:51:49)

Be Moist Also, here's a helpful link to Ocular
I am DV4L, Erector of Text Walls, Typer of Long Posts, Creator of Mini-mod posts
The kumquats have eaten this line, so I have to have a new way to repel them.
Had a bad day or are feeling bored? Watch this to make your day better in an interesting way.
Do you think you've been banned unfairly? Then you'd be wrong. The ST aren't children, so quit acting like they are.
aloyhero38
Scratcher
22 posts

DarthVader4Life wrote:

lapisi wrote:

DarthVader4Life wrote:

lapisi wrote:

okay, how about this, instead of using studios for roleplays, we use projects and remixing and use the studios to store the characters?
it does change it, the roleplaying is no longer in the comments and instead it's in the remixes in the form of animations, meaning it would no longer be affected by the reply limit

Strange…. considering the clarification about what you mean, I would like to say that Aa. comments are better and more flexible for roleplays, Ab. projects give notifications to the owner of said project, so there's obviously going to be some annoyance, Ba. you realize how inefficient remixes are, right?, Bb. What happens when there are multiple people remixing?

Good points! Though an easy way to fix the notif problems would be if ST would just invest more time in a “turn notifs off” button for projects. However, Scratch Team is completely overruling the roleplay community with this post

Last edited by aloyhero38 (July 14, 2021 00:00:47)

The evil kumquats are attacking,,

Hey! I’m Ahi, an Asian artist and animator. I also write sometimes.

DarthVader4Life
Scratcher
1000+ posts

aloyhero38 wrote:

DarthVader4Life wrote:

-snip-

Good points! Though an easy way to fix the notif problems would be if ST would just invest more time in a “turn notifs off” button for projects. However, Scratch Team is completely overruling the roleplay community as of today with this post
Today? I didn't realize that today was the 7th. And I don't think that the ST did “completely overrule” the roleplaying community.

I am DV4L, Erector of Text Walls, Typer of Long Posts, Creator of Mini-mod posts
Had a bad day or are feeling bored? Watch this to make your day better in an interesting way.
Do you think you've been banned unfairly? Then you'd be wrong. The ST aren't children, so quit acting like they are.
aloyhero38
Scratcher
22 posts

DarthVader4Life wrote:

aloyhero38 wrote:

DarthVader4Life wrote:

-snip-

Good points! Though an easy way to fix the notif problems would be if ST would just invest more time in a “turn notifs off” button for projects. However, Scratch Team is completely overruling the roleplay community as of today with this post
Today? I didn't realize that today was the 7th. And I don't think that the ST did “completely overrule” the roleplaying community.

Oof sorry I read the date of today wrong X“D let me edit that rq

I suppose they aren't ”completely overruling" it but they are choosing not to listen to what the community has to say.
I think that scratch should remove the comment limit, or at least make it bigger or let the studio owner make changes to it as they see fit.

kittynugg
Scratcher
100+ posts

lapisi wrote:

DarthVader4Life wrote:

lapisi wrote:

kittynugg wrote:

lapisi wrote:

Well, the issue with that, (And the new studio layout ) Is when comment chains start getting long, you have to keep pressing the ‘See more replies’ button. It'd be much easier for roleplayers and even just talkative people if the reply limit was bigger.
I'm not saying it would be in the comments, it would be in the project itself with remixes being used to animate what the characters are doing, I probably should've specified that

Well, not all people are that great at animating. I actually roleplay so I can still use Scratch without having to actually make projects lol

Connor is questioning your actions

“bro that's cringe”

literally why are you down here

stop

SERIOUSLY THERE'S NOTHING HERE

DUDE

STOP

ytfhyjghYFKJGSDREG
RGIUDFBG
GDFGHTHJTGODJER
YHTRYGTY

LITERALLY WHY ARE YOU STILL HERE

HOW ARE YOU NOT BORED

GIVE UP

W H Y

DUDE GO AWAY

PLEASE

THERES NOTHING HERE

YOU FOOL

We're no strangers to love
You know the rules and so do I
A full commitment's what I'm thinking of
You wouldn't get this from any other guy
DarthVader4Life
Scratcher
1000+ posts

aloyhero38 wrote:

DarthVader4Life wrote:

aloyhero38 wrote:

DarthVader4Life wrote:

-snip-

I suppose they aren't ”completely overruling" it but they are choosing not to listen to what the community has to say.
I think that scratch should remove the comment limit, or at least make it bigger or let the studio owner make changes to it as they see fit.
To that last part, I must provide this link.

aloyhero38
Scratcher
22 posts

DarthVader4Life wrote:

aloyhero38 wrote:

DarthVader4Life wrote:

aloyhero38 wrote:

DarthVader4Life wrote:

-snip-

Which last part?

DarthVader4Life
Scratcher
1000+ posts

aloyhero38 wrote:

DarthVader4Life wrote:

aloyhero38 wrote:

DarthVader4Life wrote:

aloyhero38 wrote:

DarthVader4Life wrote:

-snip-

Which last part?
The last, last part. The part in which you speak about the removal of the reply limit and the entire point of this suggestion.

lapisi
Scratcher
1000+ posts

DarthVader4Life wrote:

lapisi wrote:

DarthVader4Life wrote:

lapisi wrote:

lapisi wrote:

-snip-
Here we are again…

Holy Book of TOLORS wrote:

3.1 Chat projects with cloud variables
Although it is possible to make a chat project using cloud variables, it is not allowed to make such a project. This is because there is a high potential for bullying and inappropriate messages, and the Scratch Team does not have the resources to moderate these chat rooms.

Chat projects on Scratch which contained a whitelist (that is, the user could only chat using certain words) used to be allowed on Scratch. Over time, however, the moderation issues got too high, and some users attempted to use such projects to get around the Community Guidelines. As a result, the Scratch Team has decided that these kinds of projects are not allowed on the Scratch website, even if they contain a whitelist of words. However, whitelisted phrases are okay, provided that users cannot freely write their own sentences using the cloud chat project.
I meant by remixing and adding an extra
add [] to [list v]
block to the end of the code (or more than one extra block)

don't forget

why are humans so meaty?
scratchystuff1
Scratcher
41 posts

I wish they would have a vote on scratch to see who wants it and who doesn't, because, I feel like quite a few suggestions possibly get ignored even when the majority of scratchers want it to happen.
lapisi
Scratcher
1000+ posts

scratchystuff1 wrote:

I wish they would have a vote on scratch to see who wants it and who doesn't, because, I feel like quite a few suggestions possibly get ignored even when the majority of scratchers want it to happen.
the suggestions forum isn't a ballot box

don't forget

why are humans so meaty?
kittynugg
Scratcher
100+ posts

lapisi wrote:

scratchystuff1 wrote:

What they mean is there should be a way to vote for your opinion. Like maybe a DIFFERENT forum made for that.

“bro that's cringe”

stop

DUDE

STOP

ytfhyjghYFKJGSDREG
RGIUDFBG
GDFGHTHJTGODJER
YHTRYGTY

HOW ARE YOU NOT BORED

GIVE UP

W H Y

DUDE GO AWAY

PLEASE

THERES NOTHING HERE

YOU FOOL

DarthVader4Life
Scratcher
1000+ posts

kittynugg wrote:

lapisi wrote:

scratchystuff1 wrote:

What they mean is there should be a way to vote for your opinion. Like maybe a DIFFERENT forum made for that.
Nope, polls in the forums is rejected, please get back on topic everyone.

kittynugg
Scratcher
100+ posts

OOOH, okay. I've only used the forums one other time until this happened so I don't really know anything about them. But there's gotta be a workaround to at least INCREASE the reply limit a little.

“bro that's cringe”

stop

DUDE

STOP

ytfhyjghYFKJGSDREG
RGIUDFBG
GDFGHTHJTGODJER
YHTRYGTY

HOW ARE YOU NOT BORED

GIVE UP

W H Y

DUDE GO AWAY

PLEASE

THERES NOTHING HERE

YOU FOOL

DarthVader4Life
Scratcher
1000+ posts

kittynugg wrote:

OOOH, okay. I've only used the forums one other time until this happened so I don't really know anything about them. But there's gotta be a workaround to at least INCREASE the reply limit a little.
The reply limit is purely for replies (the original comment doesn't count) so one can arguably sat that technically, it's 26, but really, it's 25. Other than this technicality, I wouldn't know anything about bugs or glitches to exploit in order to increase it.

Last edited by DarthVader4Life (July 15, 2021 17:10:01)

DarthVader4Life
Scratcher
1000+ posts

Bump.

kittynugg
Scratcher
100+ posts

That was the thing we all want but the most constructive way lol. I feel like studios were better the way they used to be, I'm sure everyone misses not having to click “See More Replies” so much.. But anyway, I definitely agree on how the manager position is now completely useless, there should be a way to make your own permissions, like how you can do in Roblox groups, or just.. More versatile roles.

“bro that's cringe”

stop

DUDE

STOP

ytfhyjghYFKJGSDREG
RGIUDFBG
GDFGHTHJTGODJER
YHTRYGTY

HOW ARE YOU NOT BORED

GIVE UP

W H Y

DUDE GO AWAY

PLEASE

THERES NOTHING HERE

YOU FOOL

EatNYeet
Scratcher
500+ posts

ScolderCreations wrote:

If there were less people on the platform, there would be less lag. And if there was less lag, the reply limit wouldn't exist.
I thought users were supposed to be constructive on the forums
That is the worst logic I have ever seen. It's like saying the ST should take down projects to help lag.

Straight up telling the roleplay community that they should leave because of lag is not okay.

Last edited by EatNYeet (July 19, 2021 14:47:17)

Why is this a thing?
DarthVader4Life
Scratcher
1000+ posts

RayPlayz307 wrote:

-snip-
Manager Permissions:
-snip-
If you wish to talk about the manager permissions change, please go here.

lapisi
Scratcher
1000+ posts

RayPlayz307 wrote:

DarthVader4Life wrote:

RayPlayz307 wrote:

-snip-
Manager Permissions:
-snip-
If you wish to talk about the manager permissions change, please go here.

If this is a suggestion forum, I'm saying it here. I'm sick of people telling me where to say stuff. I will ignore comments like this at this point.
that was a link to a topic that it's actually related to, this isn't the topic for that, if this goes off topic then the ST will close this topic, and then this suggestion will be much less likely to be added

Last edited by lapisi (July 19, 2021 16:06:49)

don't forget

why are humans so meaty?