1000+ posts

Increase the reply limit.

Marc92020 wrote:

DarthVader4Life wrote:

Marc92020 wrote:

DarthVader4Life wrote:

-snip-
that post basically meant support this must me added
That was a little too contradictory to connect the dots on. I recommend phrasing things to be more clear.

Anyways, how high do you think the reply limit should be?
idk honestly. but a lot higher than 25
I feel like the best compromise is 50 or 75.

Last edited by DarthVader4Life (July 6, 2021 14:54:30)

Be Moist Also, here's a helpful link to Ocular
I am DV4L, Erector of Text Walls, Typer of Long Posts, Creator of Mini-mod posts
The kumquats have eaten this line, so I have to have a new way to repel them.
Had a bad day or are feeling bored? Watch this to make your day better in an interesting way.
Do you think you've been banned unfairly? Then you'd be wrong. The ST aren't children, so quit acting like they are.
Marc92020
Scratcher
1000+ posts

DarthVader4Life wrote:

Marc92020 wrote:

DarthVader4Life wrote:

Marc92020 wrote:

DarthVader4Life wrote:

Marc92020 wrote:

DarthVader4Life wrote:

Marc92020 wrote:

-snip-
I did, I read it after my previous post was sent, but it doesn't change anything I said.
post that was my new one
—————————————————————————-
-snip-
I know, that's the post I was talking about.
that post basically meant support this must me added
That was a little too contradictory to connect the dots on. I recommend phrasing things to be more clear.

Anyways, how high do you think the reply limit should be?
idk honestly. but a lot higher than 25
yeah. those are a lot better than 25

Marc92020
i do stuff

image updates whenever i check
-TWILIGHTMISTY-
Scratcher
1000+ posts

I support!
I'm in a bunch of RPS, maybe remove the limit all together?

I'm Callisto(please don't call me Twilight), but you can call me Cal/Cass. I go by she/he/they pronouns.
the2000
Scratcher
1000+ posts

Marc92020 wrote:

DarthVader4Life wrote:

yeah. those are a lot better than 25
I hereby declare that this conversation has lasted too long, and you guys both need to up your snipping game

MapleTails
Scratcher
1000+ posts

Support!

For anyone who thinks this is unnecessary: I'm in an RP where discussions go into the 100s of comments within like an hr. 50-75 is a good idea, I'm thinking more 150 however. Still within the range where, its not going to get too laggy but its a decent number

Hey there. I'm an animator and artist
sealifefriend
Scratcher
500+ posts

i think there should be NO limit, but if there just HAS to be then at LEAST 100 or at the VERY least 50 -_-

idk what to say here
DarthVader4Life
Scratcher
1000+ posts

Bump. On second page.

I am DV4L, Erector of Text Walls, Typer of Long Posts, Creator of Mini-mod posts
Had a bad day or are feeling bored? Watch this to make your day better in an interesting way.
Do you think you've been banned unfairly? Then you'd be wrong. The ST aren't children, so quit acting like they are.
_Lightning_Wolf_
Scratcher
24 posts

Yes, please consider increasing or getting rid of the reply limit. I've been involved in RP threads with more than 1,000 replies before, and being limited to 25 replies is very inconvenient. Also, I dislike that we can't see the exact studio follow/curator count. I'm part of a very large studio, and we used to celebrate reaching a new 500 to 1,000 followers by doing something like throwing a Scratch party. Not being able to continue this tradition is very sad. I know that the ST did this for a reason, but there are many cons to the new update that many people aren't happy about. I understand that it may take time, but this would be something that most Scratchers would greatly appreciate. <33
DarthVader4Life
Scratcher
1000+ posts

_Lightning_Wolf_ wrote:

-snip- or getting rid of the reply limit. -snip-
I really don't think that they'll get rid of it.

dhuls
Scratcher
1000+ posts

DarthVader4Life
Scratcher
1000+ posts

dhuls wrote:

bumping rules don't matter anymore, do they?
They do, but you can get 2nd paged very quickly.

kittynugg
Scratcher
100+ posts

DarthVader4Life wrote:

As part of an update to scratch, the ST have decided to implement a reply limit. Part of this is to take action against chat studios. Right now, the limit is 25 replies. This is too little. I think it should be up to 50-100 due to roleplays and constructive discussions on studios. This should be a good compromise between the scratchers and the ST.

Edit: I'd rather be safe and not have people discussing it's removal. I'd rather not risk increasing the chance of this topic getting closed.
I feel like 100's good, but kinda small. I've seen roleplays with thousands of replies. (I know the limit was implemented so these long roleplays don't happen, but maybe the limit could be bigger than 100.)

Connor is questioning your actions

“bro that's cringe”

literally why are you down here

stop

SERIOUSLY THERE'S NOTHING HERE

DUDE

STOP

ytfhyjghYFKJGSDREG
RGIUDFBG
GDFGHTHJTGODJER
YHTRYGTY

LITERALLY WHY ARE YOU STILL HERE

HOW ARE YOU NOT BORED

GIVE UP

W H Y

DUDE GO AWAY

PLEASE

THERES NOTHING HERE

YOU FOOL

We're no strangers to love
You know the rules and so do I
A full commitment's what I'm thinking of
You wouldn't get this from any other guy
DarthVader4Life
Scratcher
1000+ posts

kittynugg wrote:

DarthVader4Life wrote:

As part of an update to scratch, the ST have decided to implement a reply limit. Part of this is to take action against chat studios. Right now, the limit is 25 replies. This is too little. I think it should be up to 50-100 due to roleplays and constructive discussions on studios. This should be a good compromise between the scratchers and the ST.

Edit: I'd rather be safe and not have people discussing it's removal. I'd rather not risk increasing the chance of this topic getting closed.
I feel like 100's good, but kinda small. I've seen roleplays with thousands of replies. (I know the limit was implemented so these long roleplays don't happen, but maybe the limit could be bigger than 100.)
It was actually to help prevent lag, so I think 50-100 should still prevent sufficient lag and have more functionality.

cheddargirl
Scratch Team
1000+ posts

DarthVader4Life wrote:

kittynugg wrote:

DarthVader4Life wrote:

It was actually to help prevent lag, so I think 50-100 should still prevent sufficient lag and have more functionality.
I think you guys severely overestimate about how much stress that servers that rely on donation money can handle.

50 is actually already too much. Additional lag is caused when studios are frequently refreshed every few seconds (notably the roleplay and chat studios, or popular studios where comments are checked frequently by multiple people). I doubt you want to go back to the good ol' 1.x days when studio comments didn't exist, or go back to older comment limit models where the reply limit was under 20!

Maybe we can revisit the limit sometime in the future, depending on how much support we get, but with the way website activity is now now, we're unfortunately kinda stuck with 25 as the happy medium.

Last edited by cheddargirl (July 7, 2021 00:12:59)

Sadly, my forum signature was eaten by an evil kumquat.
-Kryptonite-
Scratcher
1000+ posts

cheddargirl wrote:

I think you guys severely overestimate about how much stress that servers that rely on donation money can handle.

50 is actually already too much. Additional lag is caused when studios that are frequently refreshed every few seconds (such as the roleplay and chat studios) every few seconds, or featured studios where comments are checked frequently. I doubt you want to go back to the good ol' 1.x days when studio comments didn't exist, or go back to an older comment limit models where the reply limit was under 20!

Maybe we can revisit the limit sometime in the future, depending on how much support we get, but with the way website activity is now now, we're unfortunately kinda stuck with 25 as the happy medium.
I would like to say it's not unfortunate and is completely fine. As I see no harm in making a new thread.

Welcome to my Forum signature.
DarthVader4Life
Scratcher
1000+ posts

cheddargirl wrote:

DarthVader4Life wrote:

-snip-

50 is actually already too much. Additional lag is caused when studios are frequently refreshed every few seconds (notably the roleplay and chat studios, or popular studios where comments are checked frequently by multiple people). I doubt you want to go back to the good ol' 1.x days when studio comments didn't exist, or go back to older comment limit models where the reply limit was under 20!

What about 30? Any increase at all?

cheddargirl
Scratch Team
1000+ posts

DarthVader4Life wrote:

cheddargirl wrote:

DarthVader4Life wrote:

-snip-

Well, like I mentioned before, with the way website activity is now, we're sticking with a limit of 25, and any chance at an increase will need to be revisited in the future. It's way too early to tell if a 30 comment limit for studios can be handled at this point in time.

Sadly, my forum signature was eaten by an evil kumquat.
DarthVader4Life
Scratcher
1000+ posts

cheddargirl wrote:

DarthVader4Life wrote:

cheddargirl wrote:

DarthVader4Life wrote:

-snip-

Well, like I mentioned before, with the way website activity is now, we're sticking with a limit of 25, and any chance at an increase will need to be revisited in the future. It's way too early to tell if a 30 comment limit for studios can be handled at this point in time.
Welp… I guess it's time to close and wait until the activity dies down or the servers get better, and would that make this rejected? (Temporarily, at least.)

Last edited by DarthVader4Life (July 7, 2021 01:39:19)

Geotale
Scratcher
100+ posts

cheddargirl wrote:

DarthVader4Life wrote:

Snip

cheddargirl wrote:

…Additional lag is caused when studios are frequently refreshed every few seconds…
And how does a reply limit help with this? There are the same amount of page refreshes per reply on studios still, even with a reply limit – The reply limit just means that the comments in those studios will be far more unorganized, not decreasing lag in any way. Adding to this, if lag really wanted to be decreased so much they would create a bit of a larger project for fetching replies efficiently and only when needed, not loading them all at once.

cheddargirl wrote:

…I doubt you want to go back to the good ol' 1.x days when studio comments didn't exist, or go back to older comment limit models where the reply limit was under 20!
Nobody's asking for it. What are you implying with this?

Last edited by Geotale (July 7, 2021 02:02:27)

Wishingdeer
Scratcher
100+ posts

Support. I of course would rather no limit, but raising the limit does seem more realistic and if it is put into effect it would be a good compromise.

Hi there! I’m Ash, aka Wish. She/Her.
My door is always open, so if you ever want to chat or rp, feel free to come visit!
Some things I enjoy: Reading, writing, Kotlc, bowling, birding, and did I mention Kotlc? Okay, yeah, I’m obsessed xD
If you respond to one of my forum posts and I don't see it, feel free to let me know on my profile
☮️ Peace Out ☮️
~Wishingdeer