Discuss Scratch

-Kryptonite-
Scratcher
1000+ posts

Increase the reply limit.

I'd prefer limits stay, I stand with the ST on that opinion. I personally feel like long comment chains are just so long and laggy. No support.

Welcome to my Forum signature.
DarthVader4Life
Scratcher
1000+ posts

-Kryptonite- wrote:

I'd prefer limits stay, I stand with the ST on that opinion. I personally feel like long comment chains are just so long and laggy. No support.
Just so I know that you know, this is talking about increasing the reply limit, not removing it. Also, comment chains really aren't that laggy when they're around 50-75.

Be Moist Also, here's a helpful link to Ocular
I am DV4L, Erector of Text Walls, Typer of Long Posts, Creator of Mini-mod posts
The kumquats have eaten this line, so I have to have a new way to repel them.
Had a bad day or are feeling bored? Watch this to make your day better in an interesting way.
Do you think you've been banned unfairly? Then you'd be wrong. The ST aren't children, so quit acting like they are.
LivingArt
Scratcher
100+ posts

no support. if you are having a conversation that requires more replies, just write another comment and start replying to that. keeping the limit low will also keep scratch less laggy

Last edited by LivingArt (June 29, 2021 12:35:55)

↠LivingArt↞

↟ bisexual ↟ she/them ↟ blue queen ↟ indian ↟ artist ↟

| GWDFI | CAA | DAoS |

DarthVader4Life
Scratcher
1000+ posts

LivingArt wrote:

no support. if you are having a conversation that requires more replies, just write another comment and start replying to that. keeping the limit low will also keep scratch less laggy
That's honestly what I don't want. Just making another comment is really not that helpful, as someone could have done that before you. It would also encourage people to not use the reply button because one wouldn't have that much of a conversation before having to make another comment, therefore hindering communication. The moderation would also be hindered, as you'd have to scour across the comment page to find all of the comments of a conversation. Raising the limit would allow for more functionality and would be helpful to moderation by creating less out of context conversations.

I am DV4L, Erector of Text Walls, Typer of Long Posts, Creator of Mini-mod posts
Had a bad day or are feeling bored? Watch this to make your day better in an interesting way.
Do you think you've been banned unfairly? Then you'd be wrong. The ST aren't children, so quit acting like they are.
LivingArt
Scratcher
100+ posts

DarthVader4Life wrote:

-snip-

maybe, but i still stick with the second thing i said- scratch will probably be less laggy.

↠LivingArt↞

| GWDFI | CAA | DAoS |

DarthVader4Life
Scratcher
1000+ posts

LivingArt wrote:

DarthVader4Life wrote:

-snip-

maybe, but i still stick with the second thing i said- scratch will probably be less laggy.
With a reply limit of 50 or 75 Scratch would be considerably less laggy and have sufficient functionality.

LivingArt
Scratcher
100+ posts

DarthVader4Life wrote:

LivingArt wrote:

DarthVader4Life wrote:

-snip-

With a reply limit of 50 or 75 Scratch would be considerably less laggy and have sufficient functionality.

alright, just wondering what the limit right now is (if one)

↠LivingArt↞

| GWDFI | CAA | DAoS |

DarthVader4Life
Scratcher
1000+ posts

LivingArt wrote:

DarthVader4Life wrote:

LivingArt wrote:

DarthVader4Life wrote:

-snip-

alright, just wondering what the limit right now is (if one)
Please read the OP.

the2000
Scratcher
1000+ posts

LivingArt wrote:

DarthVader4Life wrote:

-snip-
That's not how lag works. The client-side inconveniences are entirely a design flaw and not an inherent issue with the idea of having more than 50 replies.

LuckyDuckyLife
Scratcher
100+ posts

I think the limit should be able to be turned on and off by the managers of studios or creators of projects, so they can choose whether their should be a reply limit or not, like studio managers can choose whether people can add or remove projects.

My signature was eaten by the Lochness Monster
DarthVader4Life
Scratcher
1000+ posts

Bump: Not on front page.

Last edited by DarthVader4Life (June 30, 2021 00:47:55)

samq64
Scratcher
1000+ posts

This probbably won't happen since the new studios are launching on July 6th and there is no sign of this being implemented yet.
MasterofTheBrick
Scratcher
1000+ posts

LivingArt wrote:

If you think about it, the comments page would be even more messy with people creating multiple new comments just to reply to one comment all the way at the bottom. It would be annoying to scroll through all of them if you just wanted to read the op.
DarthVader4Life
Scratcher
1000+ posts

samq64 wrote:

This probbably won't happen since the new studios are launching on July 6th and there is no sign of this being implemented yet.
Maybe not upon release of the new studios, but that doesn't mean it won't ever happen.

LivingArt
Scratcher
100+ posts

DarthVader4Life wrote:

samq64 wrote:

Maybe not upon release of the new studios, but that doesn't mean it won't ever happen.
maybe wait until it does before making a suggestion to change it? they might decide not to put it in at all.

↠LivingArt↞

| GWDFI | CAA | DAoS |

dhuls
Scratcher
1000+ posts

LivingArt wrote:

DarthVader4Life wrote:

samq64 wrote:

maybe wait until it does before making a suggestion to change it? they might decide not to put it in at all.
It got merged.
DarthVader4Life
Scratcher
1000+ posts

Bump. I dread the day the Scratchers of the main site find out about the reply limit.

DarthVader4Life
Scratcher
1000+ posts

Never gonna bump you up, never gonna bump you down, never gonna bump around and bump you!
Never gonna make you bump, never gonna say bump, never gonna bump a lie, and bump you!

styrofoamlizard07
Scratcher
6 posts

I haven't heard of the reply limit, what will it do exactly? id prefer if there weren't a limit honestly
hiPeeps124816
Scratcher
500+ posts

LivingArt wrote:

What about this:

the would-be 27th scratcher that came in 28th instead wrote:

lol i got ninja'd

studio manager wrote:

bruh your messages need to contain “blah”

the would-be 27th scratcher that came in 28th instead wrote:

continuing conversation from the comment by @some scratcher: blah blah blah

the 27th scratcher wrote:

continuing conversation from the comment by @some scratcher: blah blah blah

some random person wrote:

*insert unrelated comment here that still contains the word blah*

some scratcher wrote:

blah blah blah
*insert 25 replies here*

Last edited by hiPeeps124816 (July 2, 2021 23:49:04)

Generation 7: First time you see this? Copy and paste it on top of your signature in the forums and increase generation by 1.

thethethethethethethethethethethethethethethethethethethethethethethethethethethethethethethethethethethethethethethethethethethethethethethe
Specs -
Browser: Varies, usually Safari 15.3 or Opera GX 83 or Firefox 96
Computer: Late 2013 MacBook Pro 2.4GHz Dual Core Intel Core i5
highlight and shift down arrow

;