Discuss Scratch

excelguru
Scratcher
1000+ posts

Minecraft Ideas

Concrete slabs and stairs could be cool I guess

How to Make a Mouse Trail
Want to add a mouse trail to your Scratch projects? Try our latest tutorial!
2019connorw9992
Scratcher
100+ posts

Minecraft Ideas

We are on page #8! Let's see if we can make it to page #10!

Check out my game I'm working on! https://scratch.mit.edu/projects/740017732/
excelguru
Scratcher
1000+ posts

Minecraft Ideas

Crafting recipes for bells (currently uncraftable):
4 stone + 1 stick + 1 gold ingot

Also add an iron bell with an iron ingot instead, but is not as loud as the gold bell.

2019connorw9992
Scratcher
100+ posts

Minecraft Ideas

excelguru wrote:

Crafting recipes for bells (currently uncraftable):
4 stone + 1 stick + 1 gold ingot

Also add an iron bell with an iron ingot instead, but is not as loud as the gold bell.

Maybe the louder the bell is, the more villagers nearby will go inside their houses.

excelguru
Scratcher
1000+ posts

Minecraft Ideas

Soul Glass
You get it from smelting soul sand. Piglins avoid it. It emits light.

Bonus suggestion: new potted plants:
  • Tall Grass (the 1 block kind)
  • Sugar Cane
  • Sweet Berries (appears as a small sweet berry bush)
  • Wheat, Carrot, Potato and Beetroot crops (just for decoration, can't be harvested)
  • Pumpkin Seeds (appears as a small stem with a miniature pumpkin on it)
  • Melon Seeds (appears as a small stem with a miniature melon on it)
  • Chorus Flower
  • Nether Wart
  • Nether Sprouts
  • Twisting Vines (the other vines couldn't work, but these could as they grow upwards)

excelguru
Scratcher
1000+ posts

Minecraft Ideas

Mob: Skeleton Fish
An underwater hostile mob. It drops bones and/or bone meal on death. Underwater skeleton spawners are replaced with skeleton fish spawners.
Mob: Water Spider
An underwater hostile/neutral mob. It is like a spider, but can walk on water or swim, depending on where the player it is attacking is. Underwater spider spawners are replaced with water spider spawners.

Also, I have an idea of how dead bushes could be renewable (without being bad for existing farms): saplings planted on coarse dirt will not grow without bone meal, and will eventually become dead bushes, unless water is nearby. (and if you want them to grow naturally, just till the coarse dirt to turn it into normal dirt, which is actually a real but little-known feature.)

2019connorw9992
Scratcher
100+ posts

Minecraft Ideas

excelguru wrote:

-snip- just till the coarse dirt to turn it into normal dirt, which is actually a real but little-known feature.

That coarse dirt feature is very useful in skyblock.

Last edited by 2019connorw9992 (May 24, 2020 15:08:03)

2019connorw9992
Scratcher
100+ posts

Minecraft Ideas

I know this may have been a suggestion for a long time but here's my idea.

Baby Ender Dragon.
>Can come out of an ender dragon egg when it's cracked.
>If not hatched, the more light, the better.
>Does not do any damage to your buildings.
>Like a tamed wolf, it will attack whatever you attack.
>Takes about 3 in-game days to grow.
>When it grows, it leaves where it was a baby and tries to go back to the end.

excelguru
Scratcher
1000+ posts

Minecraft Ideas

Mob: Winterblaze
A variant of the blaze that shoots snowballs instead of fireballs. Instead of starting fires and setting targets on fire, it creates snow and if it hits a player or mob, it gets slowness unless it is a snow mob itself.

excelguru
Scratcher
1000+ posts

Minecraft Ideas

Nether biome: Glowstone heights
Semi-large caves of glowstone that generate in the netherrack ceiling. They can also contain glowing obsidian.

Block: Glowing Obsidian
A block that is like obsidian except it emits light. This actually used to be a feature from when there were nether reactors (when the reactor was activated, the other blocks in the reactor would become glowing obsidian)

2019connorw9992
Scratcher
100+ posts

Minecraft Ideas

Mob: Crocodile

Hostility and health:
-Neutral
-30 health points (15 hearts)

Info:
>Can be found in swamps and roofed forests
>Like turtles, they live on land and in water.
>Can be bred using raw meat.

DaEpikDude
Scratcher
1000+ posts

Minecraft Ideas

IDEA: Make lighting not terrible

“wait what does that even mean” you probably aren't asking
Basically, right now blocks give off a maximum light level of 15, decreasing by 1 when you move 1 block away from them. If you're building a base, light levels below 7 are worthless because they spawn mobs. So basically every single floor block in your house has to be within 8 blocks of a light source, leading to needing to hide your light sources under carpets, put far too many in the ceiling, or the ever-wonderful torch spam.

How do you make this not terrible? Simple: make light levels go above 15. Levels above 15 won't look any brighter than 15 as to not make them look really weird, but it means light sources can be spread further apart.

Keep torches at 14. They can keep their purpose as a cheap, spammable light source of exploring caves.
Keep jack o' lanterns at 15. They're really more decorative anyway, and considering they're literally “pumpkin with a torch inside of it” it doesn't make sense to increase it anyway.
Bump glowstone, redstone lamps and sea lanterns up: say, to 20. This gives you an extra 5 blocks of leeway, and these are more “expensive” lights anyway.
Finally, make end rods the “best” lighting block, with a luminosity of 31. End rods are expensive blocks that are only obtainable very late into the game, so they should be the most powerful. You can also find ways to fit them into various builds without hiding them, like using them as a stand for a lamp in a modern build or just using them as-is in a futuristic build, so it's not like you'd be forced to use an ugly block (especially since sea lanterns are still quite good). Being able to go over 20 blocks away from a light source would be great for larger builds, and could help alleviate the whole “the ceiling is always pitch black” issue in big rooms.

I could see this causing an issue with how the light levels are stored, since I assume the levels from 0-15 are stored in a single nybble so adding an extra bit would mess that up but gosh darn it I think it's worth it

And all the world over, each nation's the same,
They've simply no notion of playing the game.
They argue with umpires, they cheer when they've won,
And they practice beforehand, which ruins the fun!
2019connorw9992
Scratcher
100+ posts

Minecraft Ideas

DaEpikDude wrote:

Basically, right now blocks give off a maximum light level of 15, decreasing by 1 when you move 1 block away from them. If you're building a base, light levels below 7 are worthless because they spawn mobs. So basically every single floor block in your house has to be within 8 blocks of a light source, leading to needing to hide your light sources under carpets, put far too many in the ceiling, or the ever-wonderful torch spam.

-snippity snap snip-

Minecraft lighting is good the way it is.

DaEpikDude
Scratcher
1000+ posts

Minecraft Ideas

2019connorw9992 wrote:

DaEpikDude wrote:

-snippity snap snip-

Ask basically anyone who wants to build anything more than a basic house, it's really not

And all the world over, each nation's the same,
They've simply no notion of playing the game.
They argue with umpires, they cheer when they've won,
And they practice beforehand, which ruins the fun!
2019connorw9992
Scratcher
100+ posts

Minecraft Ideas

DaEpikDude wrote:

2019connorw9992 wrote:

DaEpikDude wrote:

-snippity snap snip-

Ask basically anyone who wants to build anything more than a basic house, it's really not

Well at least we will have RTX

excelguru
Scratcher
1000+ posts

Minecraft Ideas

2019connorw9992 wrote:

DaEpikDude wrote:

2019connorw9992 wrote:

DaEpikDude wrote:

-snippity snap snip-

Well at least we will have RTX
If you have a $300 graphics card.

excelguru
Scratcher
1000+ posts

Minecraft Ideas

Idea for improving shields:

Firstly, make shields no longer block 100% damage. That is kind of broken.

I think there should be tiered shields, just like with tools and armor. The existing shield will become the wooden shield, crafted with 7 wood planks (currently, it is crafted with 6 planks and an iron ingot, which is a bit expensive). It will block 25% damage. There are higher tiers of shields, such as stone shields, iron shields, diamond shields and the netherite shield. Each tier, the shield blocks more damage and has less cooldown. There is also the golden shield, which blocks the least damage but has the quickest recharge.

Any type of shield can have a banner applied to it. In addition, placing a bannered shield in the crafting grid will craft it into its banner, leaving an empty shield in the crafting grid. You can also upgrade a shield with seven of the next material in the smithing table, which preserves enchantments and banners. Also, when a bannered shield breaks, its banner stays. Maybe if you have a shield with the illager banner, illagers will not attack you.

Also, I think that there should be shield-specific enchantments.

2019connorw9992
Scratcher
100+ posts

Minecraft Ideas

excelguru wrote:

Idea for improving shields:

Firstly, make shields no longer block 100% damage. That is kind of broken.
-snippity snap snip-

Remember that meme where it said:
Diamond is stronger than iron. BUT, if a shield is made of one iron how can it block a diamond sword made with 2 diamonds?

Last edited by 2019connorw9992 (May 25, 2020 16:01:23)

excelguru
Scratcher
1000+ posts

Minecraft Ideas

End biome: Chorus Forest
Found in the outer end. It contains chorus grass and chorus trees.

Chorus Grass
A block like grass/mycelium/nylium that is found in chorus forests. Endermites can spawn on it.
Chorus Roots
A block that is the “sapling” of the chorus tree. It can grow into a chorus tree unless there is already a chorus tree too nearby. It can also be eaten, and it is basically a less powerful chorus fruit. It teleports the player up to 3 blocks away. It can also be placed by planting chorus seeds.
Chorus Seeds
Crafted from chorus fruit. It can be used to plant chorus roots.

New endermite behavior
Endermites will now go around chorus trees, and when they leave they can spread chorus roots to chorus grass. Now endermites can actually be useful.

excelguru
Scratcher
1000+ posts

Minecraft Ideas

DaEpikDude wrote:

How do you make this not terrible? Simple: make light levels go above 15. Levels above 15 won't look any brighter than 15 as to not make them look really weird, but it means light sources can be spread further apart.

Keep torches at 14. They can keep their purpose as a cheap, spammable light source of exploring caves.
Keep jack o' lanterns at 15. They're really more decorative anyway, and considering they're literally “pumpkin with a torch inside of it” it doesn't make sense to increase it anyway.
Bump glowstone, redstone lamps and sea lanterns up: say, to 20. This gives you an extra 5 blocks of leeway, and these are more “expensive” lights anyway.
Finally, make end rods the “best” lighting block, with a luminosity of 31. End rods are expensive blocks that are only obtainable very late into the game, so they should be the most powerful. You can also find ways to fit them into various builds without hiding them, like using them as a stand for a lamp in a modern build or just using them as-is in a futuristic build, so it's not like you'd be forced to use an ugly block (especially since sea lanterns are still quite good). Being able to go over 20 blocks away from a light source would be great for larger builds, and could help alleviate the whole “the ceiling is always pitch black” issue in big rooms.

I could see this causing an issue with how the light levels are stored, since I assume the levels from 0-15 are stored in a single nybble so adding an extra bit would mess that up but gosh darn it I think it's worth it

Perhaps they could make light levels drop slower vertically.