Discuss Scratch

What_do_we_do_now
Scratcher
500+ posts

Minecraft Ideas

I think about new Minecraft things all the time. One of my favorites is Chocolate Milk. Crafted using a milk bucket and cocoa beans, this sugary drink provides 3 (3 icons) of food and gives:
Speed 3
Absorption 3
Jump Boost 3
all for 20 seconds at a time.

Thanks, @WhatDoWeDoNow

Why not join TileOS? Here's a link if you want to join: Your friendly neighborhood link
2019connorw9992
Scratcher
100+ posts

Minecraft Ideas

What_do_we_do_now wrote:

I think about new Minecraft things all the time. One of my favorites is Chocolate Milk. Crafted using a milk bucket and cocoa beans, this sugary drink provides 3 (3 icons) of food and gives:
Speed 3
Absorption 3
Jump Boost 3
That seems very OP. Too OP for me. Chocolate Milk should just clear status effects and maybe restore a slight amount of hunger in my opinion.

Check out my game I'm working on! https://scratch.mit.edu/projects/740017732/
Pianostar4
Scratcher
1000+ posts

Minecraft Ideas

2019connorw9992 wrote:

What_do_we_do_now wrote:

Speed 3
Absorption 3
Jump Boost 3
That seems very OP. Too OP for me. Chocolate Milk should just clear status effects and maybe restore a slight amount of hunger in my opinion.
Chocolate in large amounts can make you a bit hyper so I kind of agree with the speed, but reduce it to 1.

Guys! I’m trying to be more active! Sorry!
SteveAndAlex4Ever
Scratcher
100+ posts

Minecraft Ideas

Pianostar4 wrote:

2019connorw9992 wrote:

What_do_we_do_now wrote:

Speed 3
Absorption 3
Jump Boost 3
Chocolate in large amounts can make you a bit hyper so I kind of agree with the speed, but reduce it to 1.
And maybe have excessive jump boost as a disadvantage

MOVED TO @-leeseo-lovedive- NOT ACTIVE HERE
zahmbie1
Scratcher
1000+ posts

Minecraft Ideas

SteveAndAlex4Ever wrote:

Pianostar4 wrote:

2019connorw9992 wrote:

What_do_we_do_now wrote:

Speed 3
Absorption 3
Jump Boost 3
I don't see how an excessive jump boost would be a disadvantage.
SteveAndAlex4Ever
Scratcher
100+ posts

Minecraft Ideas

zahmbie1 wrote:

SteveAndAlex4Ever wrote:

Pianostar4 wrote:

2019connorw9992 wrote:

What_do_we_do_now wrote:

Speed 3
Absorption 3
Jump Boost 3
Well lets say you had jump boost say 20. if you jumped, it would be SOO annoying because you'd go too high. So this would be adding on to @Pianostar's thought about chocolate making you hyper.

-Quantum_Studios-
Scratcher
500+ posts

Minecraft Ideas

SteveAndAlex4Ever wrote:

zahmbie1 wrote:

SteveAndAlex4Ever wrote:

Pianostar4 wrote:

2019connorw9992 wrote:

What_do_we_do_now wrote:

Speed 3
Absorption 3
Jump Boost 3
Well lets say you had jump boost say 20. if you jumped, it would be SOO annoying because you'd go too high. So this would be adding on to @Pianostar's thought about chocolate making you hyper.
whoa

Vote Rascal in 2022!
2019connorw9992
Scratcher
100+ posts

Minecraft Ideas

SteveAndAlex4Ever wrote:

zahmbie1 wrote:

SteveAndAlex4Ever wrote:

Pianostar4 wrote:

2019connorw9992 wrote:

What_do_we_do_now wrote:

Speed 3
Absorption 3
Jump Boost 3
Yes, but players could also use this to their advantage allowing them to possibly get on top of an end crystal pillar when fighting the dragon, which I'm sure that's not what the Minecraft creators want.

Check out my game I'm working on! https://scratch.mit.edu/projects/740017732/
zahmbie1
Scratcher
1000+ posts

Minecraft Ideas

SteveAndAlex4Ever wrote:

zahmbie1 wrote:

SteveAndAlex4Ever wrote:

Pianostar4 wrote:

2019connorw9992 wrote:

What_do_we_do_now wrote:

Speed 3
Absorption 3
Jump Boost 3
place a block above your head
instantly negated
SteveAndAlex4Ever
Scratcher
100+ posts

Minecraft Ideas

2019connorw9992 wrote:

SteveAndAlex4Ever wrote:

zahmbie1 wrote:

SteveAndAlex4Ever wrote:

Pianostar4 wrote:

2019connorw9992 wrote:

What_do_we_do_now wrote:

Speed 3
Absorption 3
Jump Boost 3
Yes, but players could also use this to their advantage allowing them to possibly get on top of an end crystal pillar when fighting the dragon, which I'm sure that's not what the Minecraft creators want.
Hmm I guess…Maybe have it only work in the Overworld?

zahmbie1
Scratcher
1000+ posts

Minecraft Ideas

SteveAndAlex4Ever wrote:

what about pillager outposts
people with elytras would also use it to get height
SteveAndAlex4Ever
Scratcher
100+ posts

Minecraft Ideas

zahmbie1 wrote:

SteveAndAlex4Ever wrote:

Hmm I see your point

-Quantum_Studios-
Scratcher
500+ posts

Minecraft Ideas

SteveAndAlex4Ever wrote:

zahmbie1 wrote:

SteveAndAlex4Ever wrote:

Hmm I see your point
Plus, it just sounds really dumb to drink literal chocolate milk and jump mountains.

Vote Rascal in 2022!
-ShadowOfTheFuture-
Scratcher
1000+ posts

Minecraft Ideas

Idea: skeleton/wither skeleton boss mob (suggest names please)

Spawning Conditions
  • idk what conditions it'll spawn under, but it should be very rare (maybe in a structure in the nether).
  • Unlike normal skeletons/wither skeletons, this mob spawns with both a bow and a stone sword. Both are likely to have mid-level enchantments, like Power II, Sharpness II, or Fire Aspect I.
  • Unlike wither skeletons, this mob can spawn with golden armor, which may be enchanted.
  • This mob spawns with 8 arrows of decay, which are used up as it shoots its bow.
  • This mob is 3 blocks tall.
Behavior
  • It detects any (visible) players in its line of sight within 24 blocks of itself, as well as any player or mob within 64 blocks that hits it with a projectile.
  • It attacks players and piglins on sight. Unlike normal skeletons, it doesn't run from wolves, but if a wolf attacks it, it will retaliate.
  • If the player is more than 24 blocks away, it attempts to advance towards them while zigzagging back and forth and shooting arrows once it's within range. It prioritizes any arrows of decay in its inventory; if it has none, it uses normal arrows.
  • If the player is more than 16 blocks away, it behaves like a normal skeleton, strafing around in circles and shooting at the player. This mob moves faster than a skeleton, but slower than the player's sprinting speed.
  • If the player is slightly less than 16 blocks away, it backs away and tries to put distance between it and the player. However, if the player is within 8 blocks or so, it will switch to its stone sword and charge the player, inflicting the wither effect for 10 seconds with each hit.
Health: 40 (20 hearts)

Attack Strength
  • Ranged: 6 + wither effect (if hit by arrow of decay)
  • Melee: 5 on Easy, 8 on Normal, 12 on Hard + wither effect
Drops
  • 25% chance of 1 wither skeleton skull
  • 10% chance of 1 skeleton skull, if a wither skeleton skull is not dropped
  • All arrows of decay remaining in its inventory, up to 8 if it's killed before it uses its bow: this makes it the only way to legitimately obtain arrows of decay in survival, at least in Java (not affected by looting)
  • 1-3 coal
  • 2-4 bones
  • 8.5% chance of dropping any items it naturally spawned with, like its bow, sword, or armor
Thoughts?

Last edited by -ShadowOfTheFuture- (Dec. 5, 2021 00:20:54)

<Insert uncreative signature here>

██       ██  ██            ██  ██       ██
██ ██ ██ ██ ██ ██
██ ██ ██ ██ ██ ██ ██
██ ██ ██ ██ ██ ██ ██
███ ███ ██ ████ ██ ███ ███
█████████ █████ █████ █████████

“Though the seasons come and go, and sunshine turns to snow, we will always have tomorrow up ahead.”
Pianostar4
Scratcher
1000+ posts

Minecraft Ideas

-ShadowOfTheFuture- wrote:

Idea: skeleton/wither skeleton boss mob (suggest names please)

Spawning Conditions
  • idk what conditions it'll spawn under, but it should be very rare (maybe in a structure in the nether).
  • Unlike normal skeletons/wither skeletons, this mob spawns with both a bow and a stone sword. Both are likely to have mid-level enchantments, like Power II, Sharpness II, or Fire Aspect I.
  • Unlike wither skeletons, this mob can spawn with golden armor, which may be enchanted.
  • This mob spawns with 8 arrows of decay, which are used up as it shoots its bow.
  • This mob is 3 blocks tall.
Behavior
  • It detects any (visible) players in its line of sight within 24 blocks of itself, as well as any player or mob within 64 blocks that hits it with a projectile.
  • It attacks players and piglins on sight. Unlike normal skeletons, it doesn't run from wolves, but if a wolf attacks it, it will retaliate.
  • If the player is more than 24 blocks away, it attempts to advance towards them while zigzagging back and forth and shooting arrows once it's within range. It prioritizes any arrows of decay in its inventory; if it has none, it uses normal arrows.
  • If the player is more than 16 blocks away, it behaves like a normal skeleton, strafing around in circles and shooting at the player. This mob moves faster than a skeleton, but slower than the player's sprinting speed.
  • If the player is slightly less than 16 blocks away, it backs away and tries to put distance between it and the player. However, if the player is within 8 blocks or so, it will switch to its stone sword and charge the player, inflicting the wither effect for 10 seconds with each hit.
Health: 40 (20 hearts)

Attack Strength
  • Ranged: 6 + wither effect (if hit by arrow of decay)
  • Melee: 5 on Easy, 8 on Normal, 12 on Hard + wither effect
Drops
  • 25% chance of 1 wither skeleton skull
  • 10% chance of 1 skeleton skull, if a wither skeleton skull is not dropped
  • All arrows of decay remaining in its inventory, up to 8 if it's killed before it uses its bow: this makes it the only way to legitimately obtain arrows of decay in survival, at least in Java (not affected by looting)
  • 1-3 coal
  • 2-4 bones
  • 8.5% chance of dropping any items it naturally spawned with, like its bow, sword, or armor
Thoughts?
A very interesting idea. The only potential con I can think of is that as of 1.19, there’s going to be 3.5 boss mobs (Dragon, Wither, Warden, Elder Guardian (sort of)) so this might make players a bit overwhelmed.

Wise_wolf123
Scratcher
4 posts

Minecraft Ideas

Pianostar4
Scratcher
1000+ posts

Minecraft Ideas

Wise_wolf123 wrote:

Please do not spam.

LandonHarter
Scratcher
1000+ posts

Minecraft Ideas

“You brought the Hoggogoblin back? They're a bad omen. We're cursed!”

Have a terrible attempt at implementing locks.

LandonHarter
I prefer to be called Landon. Don't use my full username too much.

—————————————————————————————————————————————————————————————————
Male|15 y/o|English|Rain World, Rhythm Doctor, No Man's Sky|American|Mineral Fish fandom co-founder|Neutral Sociality|#9d0|Chaotic Neutral

“A lack of planning on your part does not constitute an emergency on mine.”

-CreativeBanana-
Scratcher
33 posts

Minecraft Ideas

i have absolutely always wanted to have new mobs and food in the game. i would love crabs, you could tame them with fish or something and there would be a blue one and a red one. baby crabs would be white, and they would be in crab nests. crab nests could be placeable, and crabs would make them in the water when you bred them with maybe apples or carrots. it would also be great if there was pineapple and coconut which would grow on palm trees.you could combine pineapple, coconut, sugar, and a bottle/bucket of water to get a tropical smoothie, which would remove effects and restore 1.5 hunger points.

i have 41 pets in minecraft
Pianostar4
Scratcher
1000+ posts

Minecraft Ideas

LandonHarter wrote:

“You brought the Hoggogoblin back? They're a bad omen. We're cursed!”

Have a terrible attempt at implementing locks.
So basically, using 4 iron, you create a lock, and 4 gold creates a key. You can attach it to openable items like chests and doors to lock them, and can open them with a key. Naming a key and a lock the same thing in an anvil will make them compatible with each other and nothing else. Is that what I think you’re saying? Sounds good!
Also, I like your Ps5 art lol