Discuss Scratch

PartyBalloonsYAY
Scratcher
100+ posts

Bugs and Glitches Directory 3.0

Where you responding to the bug I said?

Hi,I am PartyBalloonsYAY and I would just like to say…enjoy your day ^-^!Be moist..
nv297921pltw
Scratcher
8 posts

Sometimes when I reply to a comment on someone's comment and I go to my messages it logs me out of my account
we-dont-need-no
Scratcher
4 posts

Topic creator: we-dont-need-no
Name of topic: Scratch Desktop 3.6.0 “save as” doesn't replace old file
Link: https://scratch.mit.edu/discuss/topic/402538/?page=1#post-3998138
Category: Editor
Other (optional):

My browser / operating system: MacOS Macintosh X 10.14.6, Safari 13.1, No Flash version detected

Terrible Desktop Bug: “Save As” with “Replace” doesn't actually replace. Keeps the old file and loses the new work.

I'm on mac, using Scratch Desktop. Built a project, used menu “File:Save to your computer” to save it.
Continued editing for a while. Again used menu “File:Save to Your Computer” with the same project name, and the file dialog box says, “test-save-as.sb3” already exists. Do you want to replace it?” and I press “Replace”. Putting the revised project onto disk, right? No it didn't.

Then quit scratch 3 Desktop. Look at the file from the outside–UH-OH: the file has the first save time, as if it didn't get the new work?
Let's check: open scratch 3 desktop, use menu “File:Load from your computer”… Oh no, it's the old original version, all my new work is gone!

I've tried this 3 times now, and every time scratch 3.6.0 desktop fails to replace older files with new versions. During my tests I also save with new names (“test-save-as2.sb3”) and those save, as long as you don't try to save onto an existing file name.
J_Coder26
Scratcher
38 posts

Please help me I am experiencing a bug… https://scratch.mit.edu/discuss/topic/404178/?page=1#post-4014599
Also, this is not meant to be advertising I actually have a bug when I add projects to studios and I need help. I created a forum topic but no one responded. Any help would be much appreciated!!!
YOU-GOT-OOFED-XD
Scratcher
5 posts

There is a bug that when you start the project in does not start any code under “when green flag clicked” I tried to trouble shoot but not even making a copy will work
07Geckoguy
Scratcher
100+ posts

YOU-GOT-OOFED-XD wrote:

There is a bug that when you start the project in does not start any code under “when green flag clicked” I tried to trouble shoot but not even making a copy will work
I had that problem once, no heading blocks really worked.

i'm a servant to two cats and three dogs, i devote way to much time into my stuff, and am willing to collab at any time.

Quality went out the window a long time ago, and the MEMES took over.
J_Coder26
Scratcher
38 posts

YOU-GOT-OOFED-XD wrote:

Hi. This might not be a bug. I have had this happen to me too. Often, the problem is code that does not work properly for some reason or the other or often, you may have to log off shut your computer or device off and turn in back on and re login this will often help too. If none of the above work modifying your code helps sometimes too, or if code is interchangeable you might want to consider trying to put less complicated blocks at the beginning of your code to ensure that it may not be a problem with the green flag but it might be with the code itself. On last possible reason is overlapping or contradictory code.
J_Coder26
Scratcher
38 posts

J_Coder26 wrote:

YOU-GOT-OOFED-XD wrote:

Hi. This might not be a bug. I have had this happen to me too. Often, the problem is code that does not work properly for some reason or the other or often, you may have to log off shut your computer or device off and turn in back on and re login this will often help too. If none of the above work modifying your code helps sometimes too, or if code is interchangeable you might want to consider trying to put less complicated blocks at the beginning of your code to ensure that it may not be a problem with the green flag but it might be with the code itself. On last possible reason is overlapping or contradictory code.

Sorry. It* in place of in and one* in place of on.
ttcodersrealities
Scratcher
34 posts

I cannot get the project to successfully save.
YOU-GOT-OOFED-XD
Scratcher
5 posts

J_Coder26 wrote:

YOU-GOT-OOFED-XD wrote:

I don’t use blocks when this happens but thanks for the feedback
YOU-GOT-OOFED-XD
Scratcher
5 posts

when I receive [Bug v]
think [hmmm] for (2) secs
ask [is it a bug and can I fix it] and wait
if <(glitch) < [3]> then
broadcast [ chill out and fix it your self]
end
Twin138956Scratch
Scratcher
1000+ posts

fsr, the computer I'm using doesn't really have problems with scratch.

Twin138956Scratch

| Follower Rank: #159 Worldwide - #90 USA | Brother: ScratchTeen9300 | Featured 30.08.20 | Proposed 1,500+ studios

=====

Forum Posts Made: [1,000]
Scratcher of the Month: RC_Legend
Project of the Month: An Outdoor Adventure…
ahmetlii
Scratcher
500+ posts

https://scratch.mit.edu/discuss/topic/408735/ - for directory, please update it

Türkçe Scratch Viki'ye katılın!
Türk Scratch'çiler için Türk Scratch'çiler yapıyor.

CuteKylee101
Scratcher
1 post

Your filter bot was wrong and muted me from comenting only because i was saying something nice to someone
Ots-Man
Scratcher
5 posts

There is a glitch that when you comments it says the amount of letter space left. But when it goes to 0 it goes to the - side. Can Scratch team fix this?
#Scratch

PS
I have Windows 10 FIX PLZ
when green flag clicked
say [Scratch Rulez] for (2) secs
set [ Scratchv] to [excelent]
set pen size to (Can you fix this?)
Princess_Moon_Dancer
Scratcher
1 post

54329 wrote:

darkstalkerfan342 wrote:

hello! i think this is a glitch but i cant share projects or comment on projects! Help me!
What message/page is showing up when you try to share a project/post comments?
it's the normal page when you click it it does nothing i have the same glitch
Twin138956Scratch
Scratcher
1000+ posts

Princess_Moon_Dancer wrote:

54329 wrote:

darkstalkerfan342 wrote:

hello! i think this is a glitch but i cant share projects or comment on projects! Help me!
What message/page is showing up when you try to share a project/post comments?
it's the normal page when you click it it does nothing i have the same glitch
xD xD xD xD xD

Twin138956Scratch

| Follower Rank: #159 Worldwide - #90 USA | Brother: ScratchTeen9300 | Featured 30.08.20 | Proposed 1,500+ studios

=====

Twin138956Scratch
Scratcher
1000+ posts

I still wish I could do transparent colors as fill, outlines, and stuff in the editor…

Twin138956Scratch

=====

Twin138956Scratch
Scratcher
1000+ posts

I CAN'T REMIX ANYTHING!!!

Twin138956Scratch

=====

sfield2016
Scratcher
21 posts

So, whenever I go to reply to a comment, the comment section won't load and the blue bar at the top won't show my messages/my stuff/profile/etc. And all it is is the search bar. I have to go to the home screen, go to my messages, and go from there, and repeat. Now it doesn't load at all. Please fix this. Edit: Now the messages button won't load. I even try to press the Load Comments button, but it doesn't do anything. Now I can't update my profile picture. Now a whole profile is glitching!! Please fix this as soon as you can!!!

Last edited by sfield2016 (June 3, 2020 13:43:07)

Working on multiple things, like spreading mental health awareness