Discuss Scratch

medians
Scratcher
1000+ posts

The Official List of Rejected Suggestions

ChildWithKeyboard wrote:

Za-Chary wrote:

GENERAL INFORMATION

Years ago, the Scratch forums suffered from trolls who continually spammed the forums with highly inappropriate images. It got so bad that the [img] tag had to be temporarily disabled so it could be improved.
when was that
In June of 2010.

Medians bamboozled by 3.0 (version 3.0): https://scratch.mit.edu/projects/979822351/
hi875230163394: You're similar to valve in that you both hate a certain number…
Scratch 0.x, 1.x, 2.x, 3.x and LogoBlocks Archives
Bamboozlement: https://scratch.mit.edu/studios/33739789
Years on internet: 15 (soon 16)
medians: Oh god not this utc - 12 thing again..
Fun_Cupcake_i81: What, were you expecting not to see the utc - 12 thing again? THE UTC - 12 THIGN ALWAYS RETURNS. ALWAYS.
medians: I knew it would happen. I was the one who started it last year.
Fun_Cupcake_i81: Well then if you didn't want it back maybe you need to time travel to last year and fix that

Oh wait if you could time travel I think we all know exactly when you would go-
user1: That picture is from 2.0. Now he’s at my house and is my pet.
user2: But this is medians we're talking about, so “from 2.0” can mean the same thing as “from five seconds ago”.

Detect Scratch version here
My other accounts: @selfexplanatory @modesties @chaircard @fireflyhero @dividendyield @colloids @radians @skeuamorphism @dihectogon @anglebisector @aau- @EditBlockColors @AdamantOrb @MoongeistBeam @festively @Ampharos_ @straightforwardness
i trolled redcat LOL

if you see this
{what method did you use::control hat
answer on profile ::motion
} ::operators
;
SomeoneOnThelnternet
Scratcher
1000+ posts

Quick question.

Are we allowed to suggest rejected suggestions if we provide a decent explanation of how to make it work, or solve any concerns associated with it?

male | he/him or they/them | forumer (obviously) | PST | 2000+ posts | between 5 and 100 years old

Technoblade neva dies.

LINKS:

profile | 2000th post | scratching the surface six | more coming soon…

comment “bongis” on skadoodly's profile please
eikh2
Scratcher
1000+ posts

SomeoneOnThelnternet wrote:

Quick question.

Are we allowed to suggest rejected suggestions if we provide a decent explanation of how to make it work, or solve any concerns associated with it?
Yes.

Za-Chary wrote:

Moreover, please do not make any posts in the “Suggestions” forum asking that the Scratch Team “rethink” a rejected suggestion unless you are giving a solution to the problem that caused the feature to be rejected.

SomeoneOnThelnternet
Scratcher
1000+ posts

eikh2 wrote:

SomeoneOnThelnternet wrote:

Quick question.

Yes.

Za-Chary wrote:

Moreover, please do not make any posts in the “Suggestions” forum asking that the Scratch Team “rethink” a rejected suggestion unless you are giving a solution to the problem that caused the feature to be rejected.
Thanks, missed that somehow.

male | he/him or they/them | forumer (obviously) | PST | 2000+ posts | between 5 and 100 years old

Technoblade neva dies.

LINKS:

profile | 2000th post | scratching the surface six | more coming soon…

comment “bongis” on skadoodly's profile please
Zydrolic
Scratcher
1000+ posts

Za-Chary, I found this post from 2016 suggesting to lower bans to an hour.
Mind to add it in? Although ST doesn't appear to have noticed it, I just think this should be added in considering it's not a really good idea and has gotten zero support anyway. Though it is ST's decision..
Here.

Last edited by Zydrolic (June 25, 2023 11:18:04)

Suggestions
SDS Helper reqs should be upped - Show/hide via context menu - Revise “ask the community” - Browser not supported - Empty comment contrast
Other
a bit of trolling (i asked before putting it here) - tamaNOTchi
- This account's usage is irregular

stop posting about kumquats, im tired of seeing it, my friend comments saying “oh hey your post was eaten by a kumquat” STOP a kumquat is freaking fruit just eat it utp ojtishglkmkjhgaoeimrlV,5KU9MOIL3K5GP,Ő AHTAHGTARET SOTP positing ABJTOUT IT (parody & sarcasm)

bad joke:

Most of this is now going to become a meme storage.

thank you ajskateboarder

This dialouge box has more than one sentence to say!

k7e
Scratcher
1000+ posts

Zydrolic wrote:

Mind to add it in? Although ST doesn't appear to have noticed it, I just think this should be added in considering it's not a really good idea and has gotten zero support anyway. Though it is ST's decision..
Here.
I mean, it seems specific, and even if it was changed to something like “Stop or reduce bans”, I think that might just be “obviously rejected”.

EDIT: Also, if it was actually rejected.

Last edited by k7e (June 26, 2023 14:31:22)

@mythoslore was so much more obvious than @spookily
Zydrolic
Scratcher
1000+ posts

k7e wrote:

Zydrolic wrote:

Here.
I mean, it seems specific, and even if it was changed to something like “Stop or reduce bans”, I think that might just be “obviously rejected”.
Yeah.
This just feels too on the edge and should count as rejected, although again — Za-Chary decides to add it. Not us.
I feel like this should belong in the list though, considering there's no way ST would reduce(nor stop) bans, that would cause chaos.
Although since an ST Member hasn't seen it — It could be left alone.
I guess we're on the same paper.

Suggestions
SDS Helper reqs should be upped - Show/hide via context menu - Revise “ask the community” - Browser not supported - Empty comment contrast
Other

stop posting about kumquats, im tired of seeing it, my friend comments saying “oh hey your post was eaten by a kumquat” STOP a kumquat is freaking fruit just eat it utp ojtishglkmkjhgaoeimrlV,5KU9MOIL3K5GP,Ő AHTAHGTARET SOTP positing ABJTOUT IT (parody & sarcasm)

bad joke:

thank you ajskateboarder

Scratcher
100+ posts

AHHHHHH

10274837 Make games, all of them!

WindowsMeRules2000 wrote:

Sorry, you have to wait for 1 year between posts.

when green flag clicked
move (10) steps
play sound [meow v]
Elijah999999
Scratcher
1000+ posts

10274837 wrote:

AHHHHHH

Are you okay?

No longer using the forums unless necessary.

Really, stop with the “support/no support” thing. I don't care if you give a reason. If you have a reason you don't need to add this to your post in the first place. Stop acting like your opinion makes a difference. It doesn't. Opinions were never the point. The point is whether or not it's a good suggestion. If you can give a good reason at why this is a good idea or point out a flaw, do it, but don't take sides.
This is not sarcasm.
Zydrolic
Scratcher
1000+ posts

10274837 wrote:

AHHHHHH
U oight/olrite over dere m8
(Oh yeah I forgot but it's /hj)

Last edited by Zydrolic (June 26, 2023 13:35:51)

Suggestions
Other

bad joke:

thank you ajskateboarder

Tetrodotoxins
Scratcher
48 posts

Basilikos wrote:

wikibro300000 wrote:

im pretty sure this is rejected

also…

za-chary wrote:

7.4 Allow Scratchers to moderate the website – Scratch is a dark place behind the scenes
uh…
Imagine how much Club Penguin the mods have to see when moderating
lol :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Last edited by Tetrodotoxins (June 26, 2023 13:36:21)

<(<<<<<<<Tetrodotoxins>::list>::variables>::control>::pen>::sensing>::motion>::looks)::control> 
Crispydogs101
Scratcher
1000+ posts

Lionheart70 wrote:

28: Moderating mini-mods:
It's rather difficult to decide exactly what “mini-modding” is. In many cases, the user is trying to be helpful (such as by pointing out that a user should not spam/necropost, or quoting this sticky when someone suggests a rejected suggestion), and it can generally be useful for users who may not know that what they're doing is discouraged or not allowed. If you see a user who doesn't seem to actually know that they're not a moderator, you can report them.
Why was this unrejected? Was it not suggested as much anymore?

Hey! Look at this DTA!
Hej! My username is @Crispydogs101. I like listening to music, playing games, and more!
Sarah and duck, Pete the cat, Pegboard nerds, Tokyo machine, FORZA FAN!! Be High contrast Blue Be rich
Zydrolic
Scratcher
1000+ posts

Crispydogs101 wrote:

Lionheart70 wrote:

It's rather difficult to decide exactly what “mini-modding” is. In many cases, the user is trying to be helpful (such as by pointing out that a user should not spam/necropost, or quoting this sticky when someone suggests a rejected suggestion), and it can generally be useful for users who may not know that what they're doing is discouraged or not allowed. If you see a user who doesn't seem to actually know that they're not a moderator, you can report them.
Could be, or just because some people aren't English and don't really know how to explain stuff in a different way.
Although yeah this is a great question on why it's gone, although this could also just be spoofed(faked). God knows though.

Suggestions
Other

bad joke:

thank you ajskateboarder

snapdrag0ns
Scratcher
100+ posts

Question: what is the status of the idea of a search box for the forums?

Welcome to my siggy mates :D
Anko - They/Them - Enby - AroAce -
INTP - Audhd - Aerial silker, competitive swimmer.

GET @musicmuse9 UNBANNED SCRATCH!!

“Why have romance when you can have 14 cats?”

Zydrolic
Scratcher
1000+ posts

snapdrag0ns wrote:

Question: what is the status of the idea of a search box for the forums?
Please ask on Questions about Scratch, not on TOLoRS.
Just saying because it doesn't belong here. Thank you.

Suggestions
Other

bad joke:

thank you ajskateboarder

-Tails-Prower-
Scratcher
14 posts

move (Forward to) steps
<[Bullying] < [Happy scratch]>

random thing i wanted to say also i have some block ideas i want to share

@-Tails-Prower Time
Zydrolic
Scratcher
1000+ posts

-Tails-Prower- wrote:

-snip-
Please create a new topic for them then, since this topic gets closed at 500 pages like every single one.

Suggestions
Other

bad joke:

thank you ajskateboarder

k7e
Scratcher
1000+ posts

Crispydogs101 wrote:

Lionheart70 wrote:

I remember it here from a while ago, like in 2021. I don't remember exactly when I left, but it was sometime around when we lost the legendary @fdreerf to Giga and the Magnifying Glass, and when @Za-Chary's username got one character shorter (if you count the asterisk). But by the time I came back, it was gone.

Let's be honest, Ocular is better than Google (someday I'll figure out how to make it my default search engine), but when it's down (like right now), I can't find any post that I want to find, including the one about moderating mini-mods.

@mythoslore was so much more obvious than @spookily
Zydrolic
Scratcher
1000+ posts

k7e wrote:

Let's be honest, Ocular is better than Google (someday I'll figure out how to make it my default search engine), but when it's down (like right now), I can't find any post that I want to find, including the one about moderating mini-mods.
Just a nerdy small correction: Ocular isn't down, DB is down with a 504 bad gateway. (API/Data stuff by DatOneLefty)
And yeah I agree, without Ocular its the biggest pain in the world to find whatever the heck you wanna find;

Last edited by Zydrolic (June 27, 2023 00:26:19)

Suggestions
Other

bad joke:

thank you ajskateboarder

Crispydogs101
Scratcher
1000+ posts

Who is going to be the new owner of the thread once it reaches 500 pages?

Hey! Look at this DTA!
Hej! My username is @Crispydogs101. I like listening to music, playing games, and more!
Sarah and duck, Pete the cat, Pegboard nerds, Tokyo machine, FORZA FAN!! Be High contrast Blue Be rich