Discuss Scratch

Kayleymakesmemes
Scratcher
55 posts

[thread closed] ★ Known Bugs & Glitches on 3.0 ★

-JujuDraws- wrote:

For some strange and odd reason, I cannot create projects! I have tried 12 times to create one and the following message appears every time: “Project failed to be created. Please try again.” Is this a bug or glitch..?
I protected myself from getting the message as possible!
MarxNova
Scratcher
100+ posts

-JujuDraws- wrote:

For some strange and odd reason, I cannot create projects! I have tried 12 times to create one and the following message appears every time: “Project failed to be created. Please try again.” Is this a bug or glitch..?
I think someone hacked you and then you got blocked

ABOSO Guy
30+ Characters!

Valkje01
Scratcher
4 posts

For some reason, sprites are now hidden underneath lists and variables. If that sprite wants to ask a question, you can't see it since the lists are over it. It's getting on my nerves since a lot of games I play are now unplayable. The “go to front layer” option doesn't help with the problem either. I don't know if this is a bug or if it's done on purpose, but please make it an option to change it. I am using Google Chrome by the way.

Thanks.
MarxNova
Scratcher
100+ posts

Valkje01 wrote:

For some reason, sprites are now hidden underneath lists and variables. If that sprite wants to ask a question, you can't see it since the lists are over it. It's getting on my nerves since a lot of games I play are now unplayable. The “go to front layer” option doesn't help with the problem either. I don't know if this is a bug or if it's done on purpose, but please make it an option to change it. I am using Google Chrome by the way.

Thanks.
I'm using Google Chrome too! And I think that is a purpose

ABOSO Guy
30+ Characters!

Monniasza_spzoo
Scratcher
100+ posts

-JujuDraws- wrote:

Please post console log for more information. In Chrome to get to console log, enter … > More tools > Developer tools > Console
MarxNova
Scratcher
100+ posts

Monniasza_spzoo wrote:

-JujuDraws- wrote:

Please post console log for more information. In Chrome to get to console log, enter … > More tools > Developer tools > Console

MarxNova wrote:

-JujuDraws- wrote:

I think someone hacked you and then you got blocked
what I still think ^

ABOSO Guy
30+ Characters!

FlappyBop
Scratcher
100+ posts

I made a project, but whenever I start it, the list is moved, and is supposed to be above the variables. I always have to move it back, but somehow the list always moves away to a strange spot. https://scratch.mit.edu/projects/304459138/

I tried counting my posts but I failed.
fluffyd419
Scratcher
4 posts

oh my gosh!!!

Sorry for that
ScratchedSack
Scratcher
14 posts

Using the “robot” sound tool on mobile deletes the sound and I can’t voice act properly:_(
excelguru
Scratcher
1000+ posts

There are a few missing features you forgot:

• The color pallette. The sliders are okay but please just have a color pallette.
  • The “show senders” and “show recievers” options; these help navigate projects.
  • The “define” option that takes you to the definition of a custom block; this also helps navigate projects.

How to Make a Mouse Trail
Want to add a mouse trail to your Scratch projects? Try our latest tutorial!
realgoldenchica
Scratcher
6 posts

I don't know if it is something that only my laptop is doing but all fonts when a project is being played displays the serif font, but in the editor (when you edit costumes) it appears to be fine, so every project I view has this glitch, perhaps if others are experiencing it maybe you could fix it? Also I am using Microsoft edge.
Vectormation
Scratcher
21 posts

Can't make another account - it won't send me the email.

Hei, my name is Vectormation, and I'm a graphic designer. If you need someone like me to give you feedback on color palettes, design formats,etc, I'm always available!
icebearluke
Scratcher
9 posts

I'm trying to see how to get this file into Scratch, but it's way too big! Can the limits please be extended so I can make it fit? Here it is.

Stay Fresh~!
Houpytalesgames
Scratcher
8 posts

The editor is still lagging can you fix it if you forgot about it.
(I use google chrome on my chromebook)

Last edited by Houpytalesgames (April 30, 2019 14:18:15)

pretty_poodle
Scratcher
6 posts

i loaded a sprite from my backpack, and that worked fine. but then i duplicated it as a costume and tried to flip it, it didnt work. the background went white instead of the checkerboard pattern, and the edits, at first, showed up. then i clicked on something else, and the costume that i flipped flipped back to it's original costume. i also tried moving a sprite, and the same thing happened. i'm on some school apple computer, but i dont know anything else. (btw sry for bad grammar, i was too lazy to fix it)

i just reread this, and its sorta confusing. sorry
gregatku
Scratcher
100+ posts

pretty_poodle wrote:

i loaded a sprite from my backpack, and that worked fine. but then i duplicated it as a costume and tried to flip it, it didnt work. the background went white instead of the checkerboard pattern, and the edits, at first, showed up. then i clicked on something else, and the costume that i flipped flipped back to it's original costume. i also tried moving a sprite, and the same thing happened. i'm on some school apple computer, but i dont know anything else. (btw sry for bad grammar, i was too lazy to fix it)

i just reread this, and its sorta confusing. sorry
I suspect your Sprite is off centre (Aussie spelling), so when you flip it, it goes off stage. You need to relocate it by dragging it (use CTRL-A to instantly select all of it) so that its centre is located over the little grey cross with a circle around it, in the centre of the Sprite drawing area. You will also have to change its “go to x: y: ” to adjust for how much you had to move it to centre it. Give it a try.

Last edited by gregatku (April 30, 2019 22:45:49)

PokemonTrainer666
Scratcher
5 posts

I have a problem with my game. It's got a mountain of code (If that info helps). I clearly have an “if key clicked” block, but it won't work in the game. Plz help!

bluestar3795
Scratcher
84 posts

Oh my gosh! YES. I have been having serious issues with the Scratch trimming tool for sounds. It is super annoying since I can't host my MAP yet! Hopefully they fix it soon..

°°·.°·..·°¯°·._.·°¯°·.·° .·°★·.·´¯`·.·★ °°·.°·..·°¯°·._.·°¯°·.·° .·°★·.·´¯`·.·★ °°·.°·..·°¯°·._.·°¯°·.·° .·°★·.·´¯`·.·★

Never go in search of love,

Go in search of life,

And life will find you the love you seek.

-Atticus

octopus11
Scratcher
15 posts

So, i am experiencing the “Scratch not saving” bug.

Dunno when or if it will fix.

Please fix it for me quickly, i have multiple important projects i'm currently working on.
ZooWeeMinecraft
Scratcher
83 posts

octopus11 wrote:

So, i am experiencing the “Scratch not saving” bug.

Dunno when or if it will fix.

Please fix it for me quickly, i have multiple important projects i'm currently working on.
If your project is not saving, then you can just download it to your computer. Then when you want to work on it again, you just reupload the project into the editor and do more with it. I hope I helped a little.

Hello! ZooWeeMinecraft here! I sometimes like to help on the forums with problems people are having!
go to (Z::#D00000)(O::#F00000)(O)(W::#FF9000)(E::#FFD000)(E::#FFF000)(M::#00FA00)(I::#00F000)(N::#00F990)(E::#00FFF0)(C::#009FF0)(R::#000FF0)(A::#9000FD)(F::#A000AA)(T::#F000AA)('S::#F000FF) profile today!::#999999