Discuss Scratch

Fun_Cupcake_i81
Scratcher
1000+ posts

[SEARCHING THREAD] Is there any piece of media that you’re looking for? + Lost Media Discussion Thread

lachlanatbakewell wrote:

So I found an old toys-to-life game called F.A.M.P.S.
Apparently the download was available on their website, but the site's dead.
The MacOS version was found, but nobody can find the PC version.
I think our best bet is looking for old videos of gameplay or videos featuring the toys in general, and seeing if there's a way to contact the uploaders on if they still have the software or its installation tool.
Hmm, good luck with that!
In the ad it shows a CD of the game - assuming that these CD's were actually produced and marketed and not just featured in the ad (because yes, things like that DO happen) - then it would just be a matter of locating the CD and finding a computer with the right hardware to run it.
Hopefully it'll get found

NullPointerException: myLife does not exist.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Hi! I'm Fun Cupcake and I pop onto the forums every now and then to ask questions or try and help out.
My goal is to help people out and brighten their days!
Also, I do in fact have a voice-acted series. It's a fantasy story and I'd love it if you'd check it out!
You could also check out Sprinkle Town, a town game I created inspired by Stardew Valley! (It's still in very early development stages.)
dinkydonuts09
Scratcher
100+ posts

[SEARCHING THREAD] Is there any piece of media that you’re looking for? + Lost Media Discussion Thread

lachlanatbakewell wrote:

I think our best bet is looking for old videos of gameplay or videos featuring the toys in general, and seeing if there's a way to contact the uploaders on if they still have the software or its installation tool.
i remember being in a U.B funkeys phase like two or three years ago and i thought of this thing that was basically just the famps portal and when you stepped onto it you teleported away for a second and when you came back you were all dirty

mods, send him to llanfairpwllgwyngyllgogerychwyrndrobwllllantysiliogogogoch
ScratchcatandGobo
Scratcher
1000+ posts

Fun_Cupcake_i81 wrote:

lachlanatbakewell wrote:

In the ad it shows a CD of the game - assuming that these CD's were actually produced and marketed and not just featured in the ad (because yes, things like that DO happen) - then it would just be a matter of locating the CD and finding a computer with the right hardware to run it.
Like 3/4 of the commenters on it's page on the Lost Media Wiki say they have it/seen it
edit: I wish terrible products for use just on a computer were a thing T-T (the coffee one is the best)

Last edited by ScratchcatandGobo (April 30, 2024 13:12:55)

Yeah, but at least we've learned something today… that every moment of our life should be lived to the fullest because it can be very long or very short, my friend. - Gumball
I felt like I wanted to develop games on here, so I won't leave! (for now)
(last edited 2/8/24)

minikiwigeek2
Scratcher
1000+ posts

lachlanatbakewell wrote:

clicked on the video and got jumpscared by the obnoxiously loud voiceover

more scary than fnaf, crying and shaking right now guys /j

Kiwi

Last edited by minikiwigeek2 (April 30, 2024 13:43:44)

Reducing activity on Scratch during the month of June, and only popping in if I need to say something important. Contact me on external sites for a faster response.
(source for leftmost gif: thebrawlgirl)

_-CoolTanokifan173-_
Scratcher
100+ posts

lachlanatbakewell wrote:

Y'know for lost media this is actually high quality. 99% of lost media I find is either decent or have this trashy VHS look.

Up to doctors early my leg gave me on the way there, smashed my knee.
Bloody nightmare have so much to do.

-Almations-
Scratcher
100+ posts

Back again. This time with two one as I found the rest (both were DVDs and from around my dad's time)

It was a collection of fairytale (snow Queen, the nutcracker etc.) Buy there was one I'm still unsure of, it was about a glass bottle who was alive. The only things I remember is the bottle briefly being spotted by the store owner and he questions it along with the bottle falling into a river. The shorts were all Disney style but I can confirm they are not Disney.

Edit: Forgot to mention that I found it but all the descriptions don't ring a bell and it seems way more plot detailed when I remember nothing of it. I'm looking for the original source

Edit 2: I've found a promotional poster for the shorts buy I can't seem to find any leads on it.

Last edited by -Almations- (April 30, 2024 22:09:21)

Current favorite song: Young God - Halsey
Currently obsessed with: CCC (Casting Club Call)
ScratchcatandGobo
Scratcher
1000+ posts

-Almations- wrote:

Back again. This time with two one as I found the rest (both were DVDs and from around my dad's time)

It was a collection of fairytale (snow Queen, the nutcracker etc.) Buy there was one I'm still unsure of, it was about a glass bottle who was alive. The only things I remember is the bottle briefly being spotted by the store owner and he questions it along with the bottle falling into a river. The shorts were all Disney style but I can confirm they are not Disney.

Edit: Forgot to mention that I found it but all the descriptions don't ring a bell and it seems way more plot detailed when I remember nothing of it. I'm looking for the original source

Edit 2: I've found a promotional poster for the shorts buy I can't seem to find any leads on it.
I found it

Last edited by ScratchcatandGobo (April 30, 2024 23:04:11)

Yeah, but at least we've learned something today… that every moment of our life should be lived to the fullest because it can be very long or very short, my friend. - Gumball
(last edited 2/8/24)

abubriski
Scratcher
100+ posts

minikiwigeek2 wrote:

ScratchcatandGobo wrote:

I remember watching this terribly animated Star Wars ripoff with dogs at the main characters. I tried looking it up, but nothing similar popped up. If you could find it, that would be great, but I think it possibly could be lost media. (I remember picking it up at my local library, I might be able to find it again and post some screenshots and stuff)
i mean, that reminds me of the movie space buddies, but that was live action with cgi characters.

Kiwi
Me too. I thought so at first.

I'm searching for a kid-friendly name for the genre of ‘bear mascot spooky’ games.
Please give feedback of my signature/an answer to the question above on my profile whenever; it helps a lot
This is my signature. You may already know that when you click on this and press shift+down (that's the selecting downward keyboard shortcut), you can see more of it. (mobile users I'm trying to make sure that the most important stuff goes on top of this sig) Did you know this also happens with profile activity? XD

Lynx: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7

Wow a blue link
I JUST FOUND OUT THAT [Removed by evil kumquat]!

This is Carl Blah. Mr. Blah is glad to help in the field of kumquats or even the occasional calamondin.
((0) - (0))

when I receive [SpongeBob Musical]
say [THIS IS AWESOME] for (2) secs

SCRATCH HAS A HEIGHT CHART? (It's not a statement, it's a question.)

What a wonderful year (2024)! First Mojang listens, now the ST is listening: https://scratch.mit.edu/discuss/topic/746187/

Updated 5/3/2024 (MM/DD/YYYY)
Updated (many times) 3/25/2024 (MM/DD/YYYY)
Updated 3/07/2024 (MM/DD/YYYY)
Updated 3/5/2024 (MM/DD/YYYY)
Updated 11/14/2023 (MM/DD/YYYY)

END OF SIGNATURE
ScratchcatandGobo
Scratcher
1000+ posts

abubriski wrote:

minikiwigeek2 wrote:

ScratchcatandGobo wrote:

I remember watching this terribly animated Star Wars ripoff with dogs at the main characters. I tried looking it up, but nothing similar popped up. If you could find it, that would be great, but I think it possibly could be lost media. (I remember picking it up at my local library, I might be able to find it again and post some screenshots and stuff)
i mean, that reminds me of the movie space buddies, but that was live action with cgi characters.

Kiwi
Me too. I thought so at first.
If this helps you it was 3D and the lighting makes it look like it is a poorly animated sfm

(last edited 2/8/24)

-Almations-
Scratcher
100+ posts

ScratchcatandGobo wrote:

-Almations- wrote:

I found it
Yayyy ty

Current favorite song: Young God - Halsey
Currently obsessed with: CCC (Casting Club Call)
_-CoolTanokifan173-_
Scratcher
100+ posts

Does anyone know that kpop song that went “Friction, Friction (something in Korean) ooh friction, friction”

Saw the MV a few years ago and I'm wondering where it is.

Up to doctors early my leg gave me on the way there, smashed my knee.
Bloody nightmare have so much to do.

LeStrawberryTeaBoy
Scratcher
94 posts

_-CoolTanokifan173-_ wrote:

Does anyone know that kpop song that went “Friction, Friction (something in Korean) ooh friction, friction”

Saw the MV a few years ago and I'm wondering where it is.
I checked the lyrics and its not this song, but that just made me think of Fire by BTS, but replacing all the “fire” lyrics with friction
DifferentDance8
Scratcher
1000+ posts

Fun_Cupcake_i81 wrote:

lachlanatbakewell wrote:

It would also be a matter of creating a F.A.M.P.S private server and modding the game to connect to it instead of the official long-gone servers, as I presume that because it's a toy-to-life game online connectivity would be an important part of it.

Mod's Protogen Maker v2 released. I will update it when I will update it
DoodleDotEXE
Scratcher
71 posts

DifferentDance8 wrote:

Fun_Cupcake_i81 wrote:

lachlanatbakewell wrote:

It would also be a matter of creating a F.A.M.P.S private server and modding the game to connect to it instead of the official long-gone servers, as I presume that because it's a toy-to-life game online connectivity would be an important part of it.
It think its possible to port the macOS ver to windows

https://scratch.mit.edu/projects/1003450656/ i finnaly figured out how to use signature yay
DifferentDance8
Scratcher
1000+ posts

DoodleDotEXE wrote:

DifferentDance8 wrote:

Fun_Cupcake_i81 wrote:

lachlanatbakewell wrote:

It think its possible to port the macOS ver to windows
If you either A) get the source code, which ain't happening or B) manually decompile the source code of the macOS version, then you could. At that rate, though, it would just be easier to launch a macOS virtual machine - no matter how hard it may be - and use F.A.M.P.S there.

Mod's Protogen Maker v2 released. I will update it when I will update it
dinkydonuts09
Scratcher
100+ posts

speaking of private servers i wonder how the ub funkeys private server is going

mods, send him to llanfairpwllgwyngyllgogerychwyrndrobwllllantysiliogogogoch
684pika
Scratcher
1000+ posts

dinkydonuts09 wrote:

speaking of private servers i wonder how the ub funkeys private server is going
I know a guy who uses it so I guess its fine

CTRL+SHIFT+DOWN

if you could give me an internet, that'd be great, but it's up to you.

i make music on the beepbox forum

At The Piano Shop, we provide you with quality musical services done by music-lover Scratchers!
The Piano Shop is a shop owned by @seg-leinad which focuses on music. Nowadays, we need staff, so please apply if you're willing to share your music skills with others!

Sorry, you have to wait 60 seconds between posts.

I hang around the forums a lot.

Musician - panromantic - 13 - 8th grade - Gifted - bored - The Beatles - other 60's bands - Manager of the Official Beatles Fan Club!! - idk what else to say. if you have something else for me to put in here lemme know on my profile comments.

hi

TheExample_2020
Scratcher
100+ posts

lachlanatbakewell wrote:

feelings, attitudes, moods, personalities, f.a.m.p.s

TheExample_2020
poster of projects, crawler of forums

highlight text with mouse and use shift + down arrow to scroll.~~~
And now, an excerpt from Matrix Dimensions (2101).

Morpheus (holding out left hand):
You take the blue pill, the story ends; you wake up in your bed and believe whatever you want to believe.
(Holding out right hand):
You take the red pill, you stay in Wonderland, and I show you how deep the rabbit hole goes.
(Holding out middle hand?):
You take the purple pill…
Neo (confused as heck):
Wha…?
Morpheus (continued):
…I choose for you; be warned: it's probably not going to be the blue pill.
(Neo takes the blue pill and the purple pill.)
Morpheus (visibly annoyed):

The blue pill was a placebo…
(The blue pill was not a placebo.)
…and you chose the purple pill, meaning I choose for you. Come with me.
(Morpheus throws Neo out of an opened window, Neo breaking an arm and a leg in the process.)
Morpheus:

No one abuses the pills…
(continued, holding out hand below middle hand??)
…especially when you don't take the mandatory green pill.
Neo (telepathically to Morpheus):
Jinx! One… two…
(Morpheus doesn't want to be jinxed, so he jumps out of the window, breaking one of his arms and one of his legs in the process.)
Neo (weakly):

Ha! Now do you feel my pain?
Morpheus (weakly):
No, not really. Didn't feel a thing.
(Morpheus and Neo go back inside the building, while limping.)
abubriski
Scratcher
100+ posts

I think that this is appropriate for this topic…?

Hello everyone who's a part of this. It may seem like I don't help others at all, but it's really just that I did not experience the same shows and stuff that everybody else who is the same age experienced. I just didn't go with the trends.
I am not as heartless as you think.

I'm searching for a kid-friendly name for the genre of ‘bear mascot spooky’ games.
Please give feedback of my signature/an answer to the question above on my profile whenever; it helps a lot
This is my signature. You may already know that when you click on this and press shift+down (that's the selecting downward keyboard shortcut), you can see more of it. (mobile users I'm trying to make sure that the most important stuff goes on top of this sig) Did you know this also happens with profile activity? XD

Lynx: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7

Wow a blue link
I JUST FOUND OUT THAT [Removed by evil kumquat]!

This is Carl Blah. Mr. Blah is glad to help in the field of kumquats or even the occasional calamondin.
((0) - (0))

when I receive [SpongeBob Musical]
say [THIS IS AWESOME] for (2) secs

SCRATCH HAS A HEIGHT CHART? (It's not a statement, it's a question.)

What a wonderful year (2024)! First Mojang listens, now the ST is listening: https://scratch.mit.edu/discuss/topic/746187/

Updated 5/3/2024 (MM/DD/YYYY)
Updated (many times) 3/25/2024 (MM/DD/YYYY)
Updated 3/5/2024 (MM/DD/YYYY)
Updated 11/14/2023 (MM/DD/YYYY)

END OF SIGNATURE
Libbyty2
Scratcher
100+ posts

abubriski wrote:

I think that this is appropriate for this topic…?

Hello everyone who's a part of this. It may seem like I don't help others at all, but it's really just that I did not experience the same shows and stuff that everybody else who is the same age experienced. I just didn't go with the trends.
I am not as heartless as you think.
Same. I grew up on live broadcast TV and some prime video

when green flag clicked
say [Scratch on!] for (2) secs
Be moist
be awesome
 (@-@) 
Above is Kobolandirosalikoraminamiorigamipaperpaperpizzaguy. He protects my signature from evil kumquats.He's also a friendly demon.
Ever wanted to meet an anti-furry? | here let me take your sad and throw it down the garbage disposal | YOU HAVE TO HEAR THIS