100+ posts

The Synchronize Trilogy: rants, excerpts, and anything that belongs in a pigpen

cheese-duck wrote:

Kitty0730 wrote:

-penandpaper- wrote:

Kitty0730 wrote:

cheese-duck wrote:

cactus_bob wrote:

Ok. Seriously. Do we NEED to post anything else here?
I think it's just the two of us…
NAHHHHHHHH
don't forget about me! D :
oR ME
YEAH WE'RE IMPORTANT TOO! >: (
^this is exactly what the Scorpio chunk of my brain screams when I'm making Eric or Pascal or even freakin Corsian the hero lol
(she was designed to be the main character and then wound up dropping to the depths of ‘eh’)
lol

there's no place like index

why do Java programmers wear glasses? because they can't c#
-penandpaper-
Scratcher
100+ posts

I want my Entopor

Kitty0730
Scratcher
100+ posts

Edit: oh, whoops don't mind this

Last edited by Kitty0730 (Aug. 11, 2017 22:35:42)

thIS CAN'T BE THE CREDITS YOU WERE THE LIMELIGHT, YOU WERE THE LIMELIGHT GIRL AND I'LL NEVER FIND ANOTHER AND I'M NEVER GOING TO RECOVER!!1!!
cheese-duck
Scratcher
1000+ posts

-penandpaper- wrote:

I want my Entopor
Your entopor wants your soul
-penandpaper-
Scratcher
100+ posts

cheese-duck wrote:

-penandpaper- wrote:

I want my Entopor
Your entopor wants your soul
Oh

-penandpaper-
Scratcher
100+ posts

Kitty0730 wrote:

Edit: oh, whoops don't mind this
:3

Kitty0730
Scratcher
100+ posts

this is seriously unrelated, so if you don't care, don't continue reading

i'm seriously lonely on this game called “Shiritori” and the only friend i have is an A.I rip ;-;

thIS CAN'T BE THE CREDITS YOU WERE THE LIMELIGHT, YOU WERE THE LIMELIGHT GIRL AND I'LL NEVER FIND ANOTHER AND I'M NEVER GOING TO RECOVER!!1!!
-penandpaper-
Scratcher
100+ posts

Kitty0730 wrote:

i'm seriously lonely on this game called “Shiritori” and the only friend i have is an A.I rip ;-;
rip

cactus_bob
Scratcher
100+ posts

-penandpaper- wrote:

Kitty0730 wrote:

rip
ripp

bee
Kitty0730
Scratcher
100+ posts

cactus_bob wrote:

-penandpaper- wrote:

Kitty0730 wrote:

rip
ripp
“rest in peace”
“rest in peace, peace”??
|(0O0)|

cactus_bob
Scratcher
100+ posts

ric
rest in cheese

bee
cheese-duck
Scratcher
1000+ posts

cactus_bob wrote:

ric
rest in cheese
rip corsian
your life sucked anyway
-penandpaper-
Scratcher
100+ posts

Kitty0730 wrote:

cactus_bob wrote:

-penandpaper- wrote:

Kitty0730 wrote:

rip
ripp
“rest in peace”
“rest in peace, peace”??
|(0O0)|
rippppppppppp

-penandpaper-
Scratcher
100+ posts

cactus_bob wrote:

ric
rest in cheese
no
rip
rest in pepperoni

WHY, 60 SECOND RULE?? JUST WHY???!? I'M AN AMAZING SCRATCHER, KIND AND RESPECTFUL… ONLY BEEN BANNED A FEW HUNDRED TIMES…

cheese-duck
Scratcher
1000+ posts

-penandpaper- wrote:

cactus_bob wrote:

ric
rest in cheese
no
rip
rest in pepperoni

WHY, 60 SECOND RULE?? JUST WHY???!? I'M AN AMAZING SCRATCHER, KIND AND RESPECTFUL… ONLY BEEN BANNED A FEW HUNDRED TIMES…
ripperoni ;-;
cheese-duck
Scratcher
1000+ posts

YAYY EXCERPT TIME! (taken from Scorpio)

➵ Chapter Two

Dad drove me to the bus stop that Melania had mentioned, which took about forty minutes. It was weird. Melania had given us an enchanted map that told us that we were exactly where we needed to be, yet all we could see was an intersection of two empty roads. We sat in the car for a few seconds while Dad looked around, pondering.
All of a sudden, the ground seemed to open up beneath us. I did this sort of choked scream as we fell— and then, just as fast as the fall had started, it stopped. There was no bumping or jolting. We just landed in this underground place, and the ground above us closed.
“I guess this is it, then,” Dad said.
The whole cave was filled with people standing or walking around. Running through the middle of the space was a road. I assumed that was where the bus came.
The car doors slid open. I unbuckled my seat belt and hopped out.
“Bye, Scorpio,” Dad said. “Have a nice time, alright? Don’t get into any trouble!”
“Bye,” I said quietly.
Then I rushed into the crowd, arms stuck to my side as I stared at all the strangers.
We’d done a bit of shopping the day before. Our family was always late to the back-to-school sales. Melania had given us a short list of necessities. Clothes, of course— my parents had talked me into wearing less purple, and I had new sneakers that didn’t squeeze my feet. I had school supplies in my new orange (ugh) backpack, as well as my laptop— which I was so surprised I was allowed to bring, seeing as it’s practically Mom’s— and some books. Everything else was in my suitcase, which was a shameless bright purple.
I stood near the road, watching everyone around me. Most of the people looked pretty normal, surprisingly. They were wearing ordinary clothes. They had ordinary hairstyles. I was relieved to see that almost half of them had weird eye colors, though. So that was a normal magician thing. There was royal blue and red and purple (which got me really jealous). There was even one family who all had bright turquoise eyes.
But there was no orange. Other than me.
A few things caught my attention. Some families seemed like they came straight from the 1800s. I glimpsed a dog with wings once. A few students were showing off their powers, which made me genuinely wish that I was anything but an Arachnian.
Why hadn’t Melania used her magic to make my eyes look at least sort of normal?
I spent the rest of the wait looking down, hoping that no one would notice my eyes. There wasn’t any sort of air conditioning in that hole. Just the fact that it was underground should’ve made it cooler, but there were so many people, with so much body heat, and outside it was ninety degrees anyway. I hated the heat. It could’ve only been worse out under the sun.
Well, what are you waiting for? Go make some friends!
I almost gritted my teeth at that thought. Everyone here had friends. How was I even supposed to know who was my age and who wasn’t? What if someone noticed my eyes? What if they could tell that I came from a non-magician family, and they shunned me because of it?
Well, there goes that idea. I decided that I’d wait for friends to find me, not for me to find friends. That felt more natural.
About a half hour later, the whole cave started ringing with a bell sound. I had to cover my ears because the resonance was leaking into my brain. Everyone seemed to grow alert, and then a big, white vehicle pulled into the road. My eyes widened. This was the bus. It looked more like a MagLev train, with all the white and the slanted ceiling, except that it was levitating on absolutely nothing.
Everyone seemed to be scrambling to get to the last car, so I strayed from the crowd and headed for the middle. I was still looking down to avoid notice.
There were a bunch of empty seats in the car that I chose. It looked more like a regular bus than a school bus, with cushioned teal seats and an overhead compartment. A man with a bushy black mustache was walking down the aisle, helping some of the students stow their luggage. I gladly let him help, even though many other students were using magic to lift their bags.
I guess there were a few people who looked decently nice. There was a boy sitting across from me, reading, but I expected him to be too busy with his book to really talk. Two girls sitting a bit behind me— I expected they were twins— were playing with something that looked like a flying ball of fluff. The boy with the winged dog was sitting two seats in front, though I thought he looked sort of snobby, like “I’m too cool for you guys.” I decided I liked his dog more.
“Alright,” the mustache man said. “How many do we have here?”
He counted off our heads quietly with his wand.
“Alright. Twenty-two. Now, listen up, the bus is leaving in a couple minutes! I want you to be on your best behavior, no jumping around, no curses— yes, I mean both kinds— no screaming. This bus is a privilege, alright? Got it?”
The girls with the fluff ball shouted, “Got it!” enthusiastically, and the mustache man grinned, like they did this every year.
He sat down in the front row, so I assumed he was our car’s supervisor or something. Someone who made sure we weren’t goofing off. A minute later, a very loud female voice began booming out a passenger safety announcement. I tuned it all out. It was the usual blah blah blah.
The moment the bus started, I realized I was wrong about this little middle compartment. This wasn’t the place where nothing happened. Everyone started shouting and laughing behind me.
Great. Now I was all caught up in the popular kids.
I leaned over across the aisle, which took more courage than you’d think, and said to the boy who was still reading, “Hey, do you know any soundproofing charms or anything?”
“Hmm?” He genuinely looked like he was using a soundproofing charm at the moment.
“Do you know any soundproofing charms?” I asked again.
“Oh. Yeah. I do. But I don’t have a wand,” he said.
Then we locked eyes. I wanted to look away, but for some odd reason I couldn’t.
“You’re an Arachnian,” he said shortly.
My brain started screaming. NO! I’ve been exposed! What do I do? Lie? Get mad? Just say yes? Act confused?
“Nyesmaybesure?” I wound up saying.
“Hey, it’s nothing to be ashamed of,” he said. “I’m a Firoblast. That’s about the lamest it gets in terms of powers. There’s more Firoblasts out there than characters in this book.”
I glanced down. He was on page 469, which was about halfway.
“Well, fire is pretty cool,” I said slowly.
“No, it’s hot,” a new voice said.
I turned around to see that snobby guy with an amazing dog leaning over and watching us. He was wearing a set of broken headphones, held together by packing tape.
For a moment, my face grew hot. He knew I was an Arachnian? Great! I was off to a terrible start. But then I glanced at the packing tape and was like, If he thinks he’s so much better than everyone, why does he wear broken headphones?
“Can you please back off and stop stalking us?” I snapped a bit too hard.
His bushy brown eyebrows slanted, making him look even meaner. “Oookay. Didn’t mean to freak you out.”
“Hey, you’re an Acidolin,” the Firoblast said.
“What? Oh— yeah. I am.” He pulled his headphones off so that they were hanging around his neck, and then grinned. His teeth were painfully white. “So, is there, like, a power party here? Can I join?”
Right that moment, I realized that there was something about him that looked familiar. He looked almost… owl-like. His eyebrows could’ve been feather tufts, and he had gigantic green eyes. A sharp, prominent jawline. His hair was sort of messy and shaggy, too. I almost started laughing at the resemblance.
But there was something else, lurking in the back of mind. He didn’t just look like an owl. He looked like a different human being I’d seen somewhere else…
“Wait, what’s your name?” I asked.
“Me?” the owl guy said.
“Both of you.”
“I’m Eric.”
“Pascal Nethirus,” the Firoblast said.
“Scorpio,” I said. “I was just thinking… you look familiar— Eric, I mean.”
“Probably saw me in the zoo.”
I rolled my eyes. “No, like… what’s your surname?”
“Um…” he looked down. “That’s confidential.”
“Come on!”
“I can’t tell you!”
“Alright, what letter does it begin with?”
“I can’t tell you.”
I sighed. “I guess I’ll have to find out another way.”

Notes: So it's a bit immature, childish, etc. But considering that this is told from the POV of a typical 11-year-old girl, maybe that's what i'm aiming for. though i coulda turned the childishness down a little more ‘cause ya know, intended audience ’n' stuff (not that i'm getting it published lol). also, it gets more sophisticated-sounding as it goes on, because scorpio kinda matures over the months (and so on ‘n’ stuff).
Kitty0730
Scratcher
100+ posts

WAIT NOOOO SPOILERSSSSSS D :
too late i already read it

Last edited by Kitty0730 (Aug. 13, 2017 13:11:31)

cheese-duck
Scratcher
1000+ posts

Kitty0730 wrote:

lol it's not like anyones ever gonna read the whole thing…
evlon and his poorly masked identity
-penandpaper-
Scratcher
100+ posts

cheese-duck wrote:

-penandpaper- wrote:

cactus_bob wrote:

ric
rest in cheese
no
rip
rest in pepperoni

ripperoni ;-;
yee

-penandpaper-
Scratcher
100+ posts

cheese-duck wrote:

Kitty0730 wrote:

lol it's not like anyones ever gonna read the whole thing…
evlon and his poorly masked identity
i'm not just anyone