Discuss Scratch

cheese-duck
Scratcher
1000+ posts

The Synchronize Trilogy: rants, excerpts, and anything that belongs in a pigpen

Update sometime in May 2019: Hey folks, this is dead
For more details read https://scratch.mit.edu/discuss/topic/269128/?page=24#post-3531197 or contact the manager at @cheese-duck
Update September 2019: I revived Synchro, but not this topic

i'm bored
Hello people of Scratch
Welcome to the Synchronize Trilogy topic, where I will primarily rant about the series I am writing, which is, of course, called the Synchronize Trilogy. I'll probably plop down useless information about the world of this series and maybe copy+paste some excerpts. But since I don't want to look overly selfish, I'll let all you other psychos out there rant about your stuff too.

So yeah if you feel like you want to talk about anything, you can spill as much info as you want here, as long as it's appropriate. I may be a salty person/wookiee, but I assure you I will not bite your head off if you write a 25-line run-on sentence about something no one understands but you (or maybe you don't even understand it), because I have done that myself and I'm such an empathetic person, right (nope).

Also a note about spoilers: There are a lot of spoilers here, which i've put in white text. If you're going to post a spoiler for your own story, please kindly put in a SPOILER ALERT warning or, even better, put the spoiler in white text. And if you don't want spoilers for Synchronize, i advise you not to look at any of my projects that have a red label that says “SCORPIO.”

LINKS ‘N’ STUFF
Siggy quotes
Life advice tips
All Spore members (and a Geoplex advert)
All my Synchro projects

Oh also one more thing, if you write “My favorite book is Magical Rainbow Pony Girl and the Curse of the Fairy Princess,” I'll give you a cookiee (yes a cookiee. Not a cookie. Because i'm a wookiee, i give people cookiees.)

And now, without further ado, I present to you a world of complete nonsense!

I probably won't post anything here for a month tbh

Last edited by cheese-duck (Sept. 24, 2019 00:02:20)

cheese-duck
Scratcher
1000+ posts

Well look at dat i'm posting something within a month lol
Ok here we go
THE DRAGONBLOODS
Except that name sounds as edgy as an edge so i should probably change it
Anyway
The Dragonbloods are (or were?) a group of dragons and humans who were chosen to keep peace for a period of time. There were 13 pairs, with one dragon and one human in each; there were 13 male and 13 female. Why 13? There was one pair for each major power/ability/whatever. (Each pair was also assigned a number, color, and region of the world to protect.) They were charmed/cursed to be immortal (unless they were killed in battle or something) so that they could protect the world ‘forever.’ However, they wound up kind of being a bunch of failures because one of the pairs (ahem, #10) turned on them and killed all the other pairs except for Cerulene and Iannon, who died 1,000+ years later when Cerulene forced her great-great-great-great-etc. grandson Eric to stab Iannon. So now there's only 12 pairs because they kicked the traitors out. Yay.

1. Aulus and Viseron (pron. AW-lus, VIZ-er-on)
Color: red
Power: Stormsprinting (running really fast using teleportation? ugh i need to change the name)
Region: Gailete (Eastern & Southern Africa; pron. GAY-leet)
2. Alyqus and Erriém (pron. a-LIE-kus, air-ee-AYM)
Color: orange
Power: Chromeblast (color/pigment control i guess)
Region: Taerns (which is actually a different dimension that's connected to Earth, pron. TAY-erns)
3. Kytra and Hireiyo (pron. KIT-tra, hi-RYE-o)
Color: yellow
Power: Firoblast (fire/explosions)
Region: Haiji (a lot of Asia; pron. HY-jee)
4. Vyrolian and Qerio (pron. ver-OLE-ee-en, KEER-ee-o)
Color: greeeeeeeeeen
Power: Acidolin (acid… duh)
Region: to be determined (…Canada?)
5. Cerulene and Iannon (pron. SAYR-u-leen, EE-a-nohn)
Color: blue
Power: Hydropathy (water… duh)
Region: Aefeld (western North America, pron. AF-feld)
6. Corsian and Syroae (pron. COR-see-en, seer-O-ay)
Color: indigo
Power: Technopathy (uh… it's hard to explain, and no it's not just tech powers)
Region: Valedair (most of Europe; pron. VAL-eh-dare)
7. Karesa and Leode (pron. ka-REE-sa, LEE-o-dee…)
Color: violet
Power: Lapillopathy (rocks ‘n’ stuff)
Region: to be determined (mostly Western Africa)
8. Faulette and Akra (pron. faw-LET, ACK-ra)
Color: pink
Power: Floraflashing (flowers…? ok that's sad)
Region: to be determined (Eastern South America, i think)
9. Rievan and Ospro (pron. REE-ven, OSS-pro)
Color: white
Power: Vioxysm (darkness… oh gosh that name)
Region: to be determined (mostly Russia, I think)
10. Sygmius and Istos (pron. SYG-mee-us, ISS-tose)
Color: black
Power: Arachnia (arachnids ‘n’ stuff because spiders is an element)
Region: none, he was kicked out for being a butthole before they divided the world into regions
11. Phyrinel and Evelliose (pron. FEER-ih-nell, eh-VEL-lee-ose)
Color: gold
Power: Sylvanora (plants ‘n’ stuff)
Region: Caieth (eastern North America)
12. Auresce and Argetta (pron. aw-RESS, ar-GET-ta)
Color: silver
Power: Luminora (LIIIIIGHT)
Region: Hycera (Central+part of South America, i think?)
13. Exalia and Rexeloe (pron. eg-ZAL-ee-a, REK-se-low)
Color: bronze
Power: Eradinia (deleting stuff ‘n’ stuff)
Region: to be determined (Australia & Oceania, i think)

Edit: right i should probably mention, the first one listed is human, the second is dragon. So Alyqus, Kytra, Vyrolian, Cerulene, and Auresce are the humans.

Last edited by cheese-duck (April 26, 2018 19:55:20)

cheese-duck
Scratcher
1000+ posts

So I should probably clarify what this series is all about shouldn't I

So The Synchronize Trilogy is a cringy trilogy about these magicians who go around doing things to try to defeat this awful murderer dark wizard who wants to make the world PERFECT :D.
Sounds like Harry Potter?
Whoops.
“Anyway though, cheese-duck, what's with all the orange, red, and green? Are those your favorite colors?”
Well green is
“No seriously though, whats with those colors”
Well…
A trilogy has 3 books, and in this trilogy, each book is told mainly by a different character, and each character has a color asssociated with them. Scorpio, which is narrated by… Scorpio, is orange; Firelight, narrated by Pascal, is red; and Synchronize, narrated by Eric, is acid green. Not green. Not neon green. Not lime green. Acid green.
And if you're thinking,
"Scorpio is an EDGY name,"
I think so, too! Unfortunately, she's one of the main characters, I've stuck with that name for a year now, and Eric has called her ‘Scorpy’ too many times for me to change that. Sigh oh well.

Anyway wouldn't characters be pretty flat if all they were were names and colors
SO YEAH THEY HAVE PERSONALITIES!!!!!! CLICHÉ ONES BECAUSE I'M A BAD WRITER!!!!
“don't say that cheese-duck, you're being so harsh on yourself”
Yeah thanks for the flattery :>
So yeah heres things about these cliche characters
Scorpio Tianxie Chen (oh look her parents decided to torture her more and make her middle name Sky Scorpion in Chinese) is your leader-like character. She gets progressively bossier over the first book, but she's not just a steamrolling jerk, she's also very skillful with words sometimes and knows how to make people feel better. Behind the scenes, she eats a lot of waffles and listens to house music.
Pascal Branton Nethirus (i made his middle name start with B so he can be Pegboard Nerds lol) is, to be stereotypical, a nerd. Except surprise he's not a girl, because the nerdy protagonists are usually girls. He's also very harsh on himself, gets jealous easily, and sets high standards. But he can also relax and make some very witty, salty remarks. Behind the scenes, he does exactly what he does on ‘stage,’ aka reading.
Eric Alexander Willingham (his initials are what he sounds like 'cause he makes crow noises) is a very dynamic person. He's brave and has good intentions, but he's also susceptible to guilt, which leads to emotional breakdowns sometimes, and he also winds up seeming like a psychopath/monster/cheese-duck sometimes. Behind the scenes, he writes twisted biographies of people he knows, drinks too much orange juice, and listens to dubstep.

Yep thats it i think
Bye
srm1011393
Scratcher
27 posts

cheese-duck wrote:

So The Synchronize Trilogy is a cringy trilogy about these magicians who go around doing things to try to defeat this awful murderer dark wizard who wants to make the world PERFECT :D.
Whoops.
“Anyway though, cheese-duck, what's with all the orange, red, and green? Are those your favorite colors?”
Well green is
Well…
A trilogy has 3 books, and in this trilogy, each book is told mainly by a different character, and each character has a color asssociated with them. Scorpio, which is narrated by… Scorpio, is orange; Firelight, narrated by Pascal, is red; and Synchronize, narrated by Eric, is acid green. Not green. Not neon green. Not lime green. Acid green.
And if you're thinking,
I think so, too! Unfortunately, she's one of the main characters, I've stuck with that name for a year now, and Eric has called her ‘Scorpy’ too many times for me to change that. Sigh oh well.

Anyway wouldn't characters be pretty flat if all they were were names and colors
Scorpio Tianxie Chen (oh look her parents decided to torture her more and make her middle name Sky Scorpion in Chinese) is your leader-like character. She gets progressively bossier over the first book, but she's not just a steamrolling jerk, she's also very skillful with words sometimes and knows how to make people feel better. Behind the scenes, she eats a lot of waffles and listens to house music.
Pascal Branton Nethirus (i made his middle name start with B so he can be Pegboard Nerds lol) is, to be stereotypical, a nerd. Except surprise he's not a girl, because the nerdy protagonists are usually girls. He's also very harsh on himself, gets jealous easily, and sets high standards. But he can also relax and make some very witty, salty remarks. Behind the scenes, he does exactly what he does on ‘stage,’ aka reading.
Eric Alexander Willingham (his initials are what he sounds like 'cause he makes crow noises) is a very dynamic person. He's brave and has good intentions, but he's also susceptible to guilt, which leads to emotional breakdowns sometimes, and he also winds up seeming like a psychopath/monster/cheese-duck sometimes. Behind the scenes, he writes twisted biographies of people he knows, drinks too much orange juice, and listens to dubstep.

Yep thats it i think
Bye
Wow I found another series I want to read, I swear I have a gift for finding stories. Also what is your antagonists view of perfect? Living by a certain code having creation beliefs? What would he call perfect? I am asking because I am a huge book nerd and love to create characters (I live for stories).
cheese-duck
Scratcher
1000+ posts

srm1011393 wrote:

cheese-duck wrote:

Whoops.
Well green is
Well…
And if you're thinking,

Yep thats it i think
Bye
Wow I found another series I want to read, I swear I have a gift for finding stories. Also what is your antagonists view of perfect? Living by a certain code having creation beliefs? What would he call perfect? I am asking because I am a huge book nerd and love to create characters (I live for stories).
Hmm that's actually something i should think about more.
I think he views ‘perfect’ as something like a world in which everyone is happy with everything they have– I did mention somewhere that, before he was kicked out of the Dragonbloods, he would always try to point out flaws in other people's plans and make a better idea. So I think ‘perfect’ to him is ‘everything is good and how everyone wants it to be.’ of course this isn't very logical– i've been thinking that maybe he uses magic to create a sort of illusion world for everyone. but there's a very important limit to magic, and that is that you can't use magic to create emotions– so he can't just wave his wand and make everyone happy. i guess eventually (actually, really early on in his ‘mission’) he gets frustrated and takes extreme measures to make a ‘perfect’ world. recently i wrote that he bombed the capital of Aefeld because he thought it was too… stuck-in-the-past and imperfect???
yeah i should probably pay more attention to villains

edit: oh yeah you probably don't want to read it, actually, because for one it is pure cringe and two… well this topic is probably full of spoilers lol

Last edited by cheese-duck (July 6, 2017 02:01:18)

srm1011393
Scratcher
27 posts

cheese-duck wrote:

srm1011393 wrote:

cheese-duck wrote:

Whoops.
Well green is
Well…
And if you're thinking,

Yep thats it i think
Bye
I think he views ‘perfect’ as something like a world in which everyone is happy with everything they have– I did mention somewhere that, before he was kicked out of the Dragonbloods, he would always try to point out flaws in other people's plans and make a better idea. So I think ‘perfect’ to him is ‘everything is good and how everyone wants it to be.’ of course this isn't very logical– i've been thinking that maybe he uses magic to create a sort of illusion world for everyone. but there's a very important limit to magic, and that is that you can't use magic to create emotions– so he can't just wave his wand and make everyone happy. i guess eventually (actually, really early on in his ‘mission’) he gets frustrated and takes extreme measures to make a ‘perfect’ world. recently i wrote that he bombed the capital of Aefeld because he thought it was too… stuck-in-the-past and imperfect???

edit: oh yeah you probably don't want to read it, actually, because for one it is pure cringe and two… well this topic is probably full of spoilers lol
Interesting view of perfect and I have a strange view of what is cringy and what's not, so who knows I might really like your story!
cheese-duck
Scratcher
1000+ posts

srm1011393 wrote:

cheese-duck wrote:

srm1011393 wrote:

cheese-duck wrote:

Whoops.
Well green is
Well…
And if you're thinking,

Yep thats it i think
Bye

Interesting view of perfect and I have a strange view of what is cringy and what's not, so who knows I might really like your story!
¯\_(ツ)_/¯ who knows what anyone will like?
i think i should write “SPOILER ALERT” in spoiler parts tbh
cheese-duck
Scratcher
1000+ posts

LETS MEET THE VILLAINS YAYYYYY
“wait why is ‘villains’ purple”
because Vioxyists' eyes are purple and Vioxyists are BAAAAAD
no seriously though, Ada Quill is a Vioxyist and she's good.

SPOILER ALERT HIGHLIGHT THE WHITE TEXT IF YOU WANT TO READ IT —> then Ada's mom poisons her and she dies

Anyways

So the main villain is Sygmius, former Dragonblood (number 10; black; region undetermined; power is Arachnia, which is also Scorpio's power). As i mentioned before he wants things to be PERFECT :D. now of course he needs a motive because villains without motives are… yeah nope. sooo it starts off with the fact that he was pretty much a child prodigy. or like. he thought he was. then he was chosen (with his dragon Istos) to be a Dragonblood. except he was like “ALL YOUR IDEAS SUCK, I'M THE BEST, I'M GOING TO MAKE THIS SUCKY GROUP PERFECT AND EVERYONE'S GONNA LISTEN TO ME”
ok i took that a bit far
anyway though he's a butthole

Sygmius's most trusted followers (also known as a ‘Teleia,’ which comes from Greek ‘teleios,’ which according to Google Translate means ‘perfection’) are called the Masters of Mindscapes. There were 11 of them starting in like 19-something. SPOILER ALERT —> Then Pascal hunts Magnus Quill down and kills him with the help of a spoopy ghost boy, and Sygmius goes, “Whatever, now there's 10, and 10 is a PERFECT :D number” Of course eventually all of them die. So the Masters of Mindscapes are all extremely skilled hypnotists and really bad people. yah

Sygmius's most trusted followER, SINGULAR, is Renx Xaredian, who was known as momdude for a while because MoM stands for Master of Mindscapes except i didn't want to call him mom. Renx is an Acidolin (much to Eric's displeasure) and a butthole. k enough with the butthole stuff: Renx likes POWER and CONTROL so he got really butthurt when his best friendslave Syano Rhynvox went off to magic school and made friends with a different Acidolin named Reagan Willingham who is Eric's father. Then Renx invited Syano to join the dark side with him even though Renx was technically already on the dark side SPOILER –>because he turns out to be Sygmius's son except Syano was like "H*ck you of course i'm not joining the dark side because i found a cute girlfriend at magic school"

Then Syano married that ‘cute girlfriend’ named Niryid Aerrym and they had a child named Kayor who turned out to be another Arachnian and the lord of elbowing Scorpio. Then two years before the series starts, someone murders Niryid and blames it on Reagan.

Ok onto the next villain in line, Magnus Quill, who is Ada's older brother who won't admit that he's her brother because apparently Ada is a disgrace to the family. He's a Vioxyist and a Thermopath and a maximum edgelord. Magnus is extremely bad at stealing jellyfish because Sygmius nearly ‘fired’ him after he stole Ada's pet jellyfish who turned out to be a Dragonblood in disguise. In Firelight, he captured Syano, Juliana (Eric's mom), and Kayor, then had Renx and Sygmius hypnotize them and turn them into murderers while this person nicknamed Aeneter wrote journal entries about them. He did a lot of other things in Firelight actually but there's too many to list.

Then there's the Gallegars except i think they'll get their own post because they're so complicated

yep dats pretty much it for now
BYE

Last edited by cheese-duck (April 26, 2018 19:58:42)

Kitty0730
Scratcher
100+ posts

Can I rant a bit over here too? Ok well here it is…
SPOILER ALERT !!!!!!

IVANA HAS TO DIE IM SO SORRRYYY like she has to. But I don't know how. WOWZAS, nice going me. I just know that she has to die so that the M.C/Protagonist (Oliver) learns to not take things for granted.
ALSO SONIA DIES. I also don't how she dies. But this has to happen because then that way Oliver (M.C/Protagonist) will get mad at his family That makes him realize that his family also has flaws!
Also it doesn't seem like my friends are even reading my stories. O.o Well, anyways,
If you happen to want to know what my story is about (which I doubt) you could just ask me.
(I also really want to read The Synchronize Trilogy now!)

Last edited by Kitty0730 (July 6, 2017 16:49:23)

thIS CAN'T BE THE CREDITS YOU WERE THE LIMELIGHT, YOU WERE THE LIMELIGHT GIRL AND I'LL NEVER FIND ANOTHER AND I'M NEVER GOING TO RECOVER!!1!!
cheese-duck
Scratcher
1000+ posts

THE GALLEGARS
The Gallegars are a family of dark magicians known for their loyalty to Sygmius but also the fact that they're really lousy. So far the most important characters in this family are Orestos, Evlon, and Ursulina. also theres a LOT of MAJOR spoilers in here– and if you don't want spoilers, you probably shouldn't check out any Synchronize Trilogy-related projects on my account lol (most of them have a red label that says ‘SCORPIO’ i think)

URSULINA
Ursulina is the fourth Arachnian i've mentioned now. which is weird because apparently Arachnia is the second rarest power. anyway though, with familial relationships, she's Orestos and Evlon's aunt, Austenius's younger sister, and the mother of Chronoesia, Chibyr, InsertNameHere, and Haizea. She's known to be an extremely skilled hypnotist, but Sygmius doesn't trust her enough to make her a Master of Mindscapes. And Sygmius is probably right about not trusting her because she's also known to be very uncareful. SPOILER–> After the final battle, she eventually gives in to the fact that she was a butthole and tries to make a new beginning.

ORESTOS
Orestos is… welp a Firoblast. The second (or third, if you count Kytra) one i've mentioned, after Pascal. Funny thing is, Pascal has a burning hatred for Orestos after he tried to kill his family or something. although i actually might remove that. but they have an extreme hatred for each other. anyway Orestos's first appearance portrays him as a snobby jerk, and then Scorpio turns him into a squirrel AND paralyzes his legs with venom so he just looks like a ridiculous dork. SPOILER–>Except then at the end of it all we will win we will chant it's not over till it's over Firelight it's revealed that Orestos is actually a decent person and he's been secretly helping the main characters all along. But they don't have much time to thank him because then he dies.

EVLON
Evlon is probably the most important member of the Gallegar family. He's Orestos's 10-year-old killer brother, and the first thing our protagonists see him do is spin around and punch someone in the face… and then convince the protagonists to trust him. the next day he winds up getting them expelled from school and it turns out the whole ‘get scorpio to trust me’ thing was just to make sure that scorpio protects him while he tries to raid a place. so yeah he's pretty much a cowardly butthole. SPOILER–>Except WAIT he's not a butthole or a 10-year-old killer… he's a Luminoran, just like Auresce, which explains why he glows sometimes… also, the protagonists have been trusting him with their lives without even realizing it. actually the only reason he's not a 10-year-old killer is that he killed someone when he was 12, not 10. renx to be specific. he killed renx with help from eric. also stuff happens between him and scorpio. like BARFromanceBARF.

thats it bye
cheese-duck
Scratcher
1000+ posts

Kitty0730 wrote:

SPOILER ALERT !!!!!!

IVANA HAS TO DIE IM SO SORRRYYY like she has to. But I don't know how. WOWZAS, nice going me. I just know that she has to die so that the M.C/Protagonist (Oliver) learns to not take things for granted.
ALSO SONIA DIES. I also don't how she dies. But this has to happen because then that way Oliver (M.C/Protagonist) will get mad at his family That makes him realize that his family also has flaws!
Also it doesn't seem like my friends are even reading my stories. O.o Well, anyways,
If you happen to want to know what my story is about (which I doubt) you could just ask me.
lol same when i have to kill characters
it's good to have your main character learn things from their losses though, not just kill people to make your character suffer and make the reader feel bad (COUGHCOUGHi'msuchahypocriteCOUGH)
you can tell us whatever you want about your story lol. this place is just for that
srm1011393
Scratcher
27 posts

Kitty0730 wrote:

SPOILER ALERT !!!!!!

Killing off characters can be really hard so good luck and what is your story about?
cheese-duck
Scratcher
1000+ posts

some art yayyy
Evlon and a serpent statue (drawn in Adobe Ideas):

an Eric thing that makes no sense that i drew on the airplane yesterday (drawn in Paper 53):

yeah sorry for the cringe
Kitty0730
Scratcher
100+ posts

Killing off characters can be really hard so good luck and what is your story about?
I'll just tell you some of the plot, I guess. I'll give you ‘SPOILER ALERT!!!!!’s for special things I guess.
Well there's this dude and his name is Oliver he's the prince of Cher by the way, so he kinda owns a kingdom. He's twelve (at first). Then in Chapter 1 a woman named Sonia has a lot of magics and she is actually the most magics person ever. (So she's basically the strongest when it comes to magics)
SPOILER ALERT!!!!
She's not actually the most magics person (she learns that somewhere in the story) she's just the most magics person in the area Oliver lives. So anyways, she magics her way into Cher y'know, the kingdom Oliver kind of owns? Yeah, that one. So she magics in and kills most of the people there since they were protecting the royal family cuz you know. Logic. Then Sonia gets to Oliver's family then she summons her magics staff (did I tell you magics was a common occurrence?) and she picks up a rock thing (with magics of course,) then makes it hit Oliver. Oliver faints from this, but while Oliver faints, Sonia magicsally kills his family. “oops!” Sonia says after she kills Oliver's family then Oliver wakes the up.
Sonia is with Oliver when he wakes the up. But Oliver is very surprise when he sees Sonia there.

Welp. I'm gonna stop there. My english isn't actually that bad, I just wanted a little bit of humor in there XD But yeah that summary was basically chapters 1 - 2, three pages over all. I have 42 pages of my story but I only summarized the first two chapters.
Well, bye. I guess

thIS CAN'T BE THE CREDITS YOU WERE THE LIMELIGHT, YOU WERE THE LIMELIGHT GIRL AND I'LL NEVER FIND ANOTHER AND I'M NEVER GOING TO RECOVER!!1!!
cheese-duck
Scratcher
1000+ posts

POWERS
so powers are kind of like… Pokemon types, i guess. certain powers are weak or strong against others. yeah this is cliche but it's a major part of the plot so i guess i can't change it lol… now prepare for a block of text that is copy+pasted from Google Docs

Firoblast
Firoblast is one of the most common major powers, although to achieve great skill in it is much less common. Like the name suggests, Firoblasts control fire— and explode things (including themselves, and that is the number one way of Firoblast suicide).
ALLEGIANCE: Neutral
RELATION TO OTHER POWERS: Most common minor power for Firoblasts is Thermopathy
OCCURENCE: Very common
AVERAGE STRENGTH: Sustain flame for 10 min., up to 2000ºF
EXAMPLES: Pascal Nethirus, Orestos Gallegar, Celia Scintesko
DRAGONBLOOD: Kytra (yellow)

Chromeblast
Chromeblasts control color and are a bit like crosses between Luminorans and Firoblasts— they are known to be able to explode things as well, but this ability isn’t as strong as when Firoblasts use it. When controlling color, there’s two options— manipulating bodies of pigment or the appearance of certain things (pigment is easier).
ALLEGIANCE: Neutral, slightly on the evil side
RELATION TO OTHER POWERS: Slightly weak to Hydropathy
OCCURENCE: Common
AVERAGE STRENGTH: Retexture relatively easily painted objects & weakly enchanted objects; 5 gal. pigment per hour
EXAMPLES: Kiriana
DRAGONBLOOD: Alyqus (orange)

Sylvanora/Sylvanopathy
Sylvanorans and Sylvanopaths are often underestimated because they control plants, but they are generally rather skilled in magical combat (take Syano Rhynvox, for instance). The difference between the two is very slight— Sylvanora requires body movement*, but Sylvanopathy is purely the mind.
ALLEGIANCE: Good
RELATION TO OTHER POWERS: Most common minor power is Feropathy
OCCURENCE: Very common
AVERAGE STRENGTH: Control sorta-decently powerful plants
EXAMPLES: Hope Dennis, Syano Rhynvox, Juliana Willingham
DRAGONBLOOD: Phyrinel

Floraflashing
Floraflashing, to no one’s surprise, has the highest female to male ratio out of all powers. To some people’s surprise, however, it’s rather powerful, especially if the Floraflasher has a high supply of stabber flowers (ahem, Stabby Tabby).
ALLEGIANCE: Neutral, slightly on the evil side as of right now
RELATION TO OTHER POWERS: Everyone who’s not a Floraflasher hates Floraflashers. Lol jk
OCCURENCE: Medium
AVERAGE STRENGTH: Control sorta-decently powerful flowering plants
EXAMPLES: Vivia, Tabitha/Stabitha/Stabby Tabby/whatever, Heather
DRAGONBLOOD: Faulette

Stormsprinting
Stormsprinters aren’t exactly typical super-speed superheroes. Most of them are very athletic to begin with, but using their power, they can run up to fifty or so times as fast as normal. Due to their power requiring rapid teleportation, many Stormsprinters are able to run through walls.
RELATION TO OTHER POWERS: None
AVERAGE STRENGTH: Teleport 5 ft. per step
EXAMPLES: Terry Soran, Haizea, this guy named Lex who was pitted against a Chromeblast in a duel to the death and then died
DRAGONBLOOD: Aulus (red)

Acidolin
Acidolins are rather uncommon, but not because they’re really powerful, as all they do really is spray acid. It’s because the power is matched with an uncommon personality— Acidolins are generally creative, a bit awkward, and… freaky???
ALLEGIANCE: Neutral, slightly on the good side
RELATION TO OTHER POWERS: Either strong or weak to Vioxysm
OCCURENCE: Uncommon
AVERAGE STRENGTH: Melt through wood in 4-6 sec…??
EXAMPLES: Reagan & Eric Willingham, Renx Xaredian, Malory Rowen
DRAGONBLOOD: Vyrolian (green)

Eradinia
Eradinians tend to be a bit mischievous, although many of them either aren’t at all (either that, or they’re mischievous as heck). This power is rather handy for getting into places because Eradinians can make things disappear at will. However there are limits: living things are harder to erase, some things can’t be erased at all, and most things can’t be erased forever.
RELATION TO OTHER POWERS: None
OCCURENCE: Medium/Uncommon
AVERAGE STRENGTH: Delete low-enchantment object (mass up to 12 kg)
EXAMPLES: Liam Torzeal
DRAGONBLOOD: Exalia

Lapillopathy
Lapillopaths generally prefer safe to sorry. It’s no surprise that more of them are female than male, either, because aren’t girls supposed to love sparkly jewels? (I’m not trying to stereotype, of course, because there’s tons of girls out there who don’t love sparkly jewels. And they’re not only cacti. I’m a cactus and I love sparkles.)
RELATION TO OTHER POWERS: Hydropathy and Lapillopathy don’t affect each other much
AVERAGE STRENGTH: Summon medium-value gems in 1-2 mile radius
EXAMPLES: Kate Dennis, Chibyr, Devon Soran
DRAGONBLOOD: Karesa

Hydropathy
Hydropaths are like Lapillopaths, but even more rule-loving, though not in the strict way— more like eleven-year-old Hermione Granger. Of course, they control water.
RELATION TO OTHER POWERS: Slightly effective on Chromeblast; see above
OCCURENCE: Medium/Common
AVERAGE STRENGTH: 20 gal. per hour
EXAMPLES: Niryid Rhynvox, Nereus, Nimbus Cobrask
DRAGONBLOOD: Cerulene (blue)

Vioxysm
Vioxysm, the ability to control darkness, is obviously an ‘evil’ power. Most Vioxyists are very strict and rather awful people. However, there are a few exceptions (like Ada Quill). Vioxysm is the rarest in ‘good’ magicians and the third rarest in total.
ALLEGIANCE: Evil
RELATION TO OTHER POWERS: Effective on Arachnia and some Acidolins, weak to Luminora
OCCURENCE: Very uncommon
AVERAGE STRENGTH: Medium-strength spirits
EXAMPLES: Geraldina Starkerrante, Magnus Quill, Ada Quill, Chronoesia
DRAGONBLOOD: Rievan (white. Yes, white. He liked irony. he's also considered by many the lousiest Dragonblood. he spent a thousand years taming flowers)

Technopathy
Technopathy, unlike most other powers, has grown more and more common over the ages due to the advancements in technology. While Technopaths in the age of the Dragonbloods might not even realize their power, these days they are offered a multitude of job opportunities.
RELATION TO OTER POWERS: None
AVERAGE STRENGTH: Er… build a computer in ⅓-½ the time it normally takes? (All modern Technopaths can read binary.)
EXAMPLES: Cameron Torzeal
DRAGONBLOOD: Corsian (indigo)

Arachnia
Arachnia is the second rarest power, as it is extremely powerful— but also because it’s wrongly associated with dark magic. Arachnians are also said to be the most susceptible to Vioxyists and Luminorans. The Vioxysm part is mainly true, but Arachnians and Luminorans hardly ever engage in battle. ALLEGIANCE: Unstable; neutral as of now
RELATION TO OTHER POWERS: Weak to Vioxysm
OCCURENCE: Usually uncommon; after the Spider War, rare
AVERAGE STRENGTH: Control nearly all non-magical arachnids; low-effect poison/venom
EXAMPLES: Scorpio Chen, Sygmius, Melania Marlegrausse, Kayor Rhynvox, Ursulina Gallegar
DRAGONBLOOD: Not really a Dragonblood because he betrayed them, but Sygmius (black)

Luminora
Luminorans have always been extremely rare, but it seems like they are getting rarer as time progresses— two centuries ago, it would have been normal for three to be alive at once, but now it’s a shock that even one is. Sometimes people consider Luminora as the good side of darkness, as controlling light comes with controlling darkness.
ALLEGIANCE: Good
RELATION TO OTHER POWERS: Strong against Vioxysm
OCCURENCE: Extremely rare
AVERAGE STRENGTH: What are you talking about, all Luminorans are crazy powerful
EXAMPLES: …spoiler —>… Evlon Gallegar :}
DRAGONBLOOD: Auresce (silver)

note: only about 50% of magicians have these powers actually. the other 50% only has minor powers.
cheese-duck
Scratcher
1000+ posts

Kitty0730 wrote:

I'll just tell you some of the plot, I guess. I'll give you ‘SPOILER ALERT!!!!!’s for special things I guess.
Well there's this dude and his name is Oliver he's the prince of Cher by the way, so he kinda owns a kingdom. He's twelve (at first). Then in Chapter 1 a woman named Sonia has a lot of magics and she is actually the most magics person ever. (So she's basically the strongest when it comes to magics)
SPOILER ALERT!!!!
She's not actually the most magics person (she learns that somewhere in the story) she's just the most magics person in the area Oliver lives. So anyways, she magics her way into Cher y'know, the kingdom Oliver kind of owns? Yeah, that one. So she magics in and kills most of the people there since they were protecting the royal family cuz you know. Logic. Then Sonia gets to Oliver's family then she summons her magics staff (did I tell you magics was a common occurrence?) and she picks up a rock thing (with magics of course,) then makes it hit Oliver. Oliver faints from this, but while Oliver faints, Sonia magicsally kills his family. “oops!” Sonia says after she kills Oliver's family then Oliver wakes the up.
Sonia is with Oliver when he wakes the up. But Oliver is very surprise when he sees Sonia there.

Welp. I'm gonna stop there. My english isn't actually that bad, I just wanted a little bit of humor in there XD But yeah that summary was basically chapters 1 - 2, three pages over all. I have 42 pages of my story but I only summarized the first two chapters.
Well, bye. I guess
Oliver is written in neon green
i already like him
Kitty0730
Scratcher
100+ posts

cheese-duck wrote:

i already like him
lol I tried to get an olive green (for pun purpose) but then I got lazy and was just like “Well, close enough”

WolfCat67
Scratcher
1000+ posts

You give your characters good powers and then I sit here trying to write as I give my main character defensive magic.
So, you know, absolutely no offensive use whatsoever! Yay…

cheese-duck
Scratcher
1000+ posts

Kitty0730 wrote:

cheese-duck wrote:

i already like him
lol I tried to get an olive green (for pun purpose) but then I got lazy and was just like “Well, close enough”
oh.
Kitty0730
Scratcher
100+ posts

cheese-duck wrote:

Kitty0730 wrote:

cheese-duck wrote:

i already like him
oh.
Sorry to disappoint!