Discuss Scratch

Crazibot
Scratcher
500+ posts

Official Ace Attorney Topic

(Starting off on the wrong foot again is seriously cutting into my life span…)
- Phoenix Wright in court, Spirit of Justice, Turnabout Timetraveller
Let's be honest, he has the thickest plot armor to the point where he can't die.
“I'm afraid not, Mr. Edgeworth. You should never underestimate the power of love.”
- The Judge, Spirit of Justice, Turnabout Timetraveller

And to continue on that…
Judge: You'll understand one day when you get marri–
Edgeworth: Which I won't!
*Silence*
Edgeworth:
Exactly what is so wrong with wishing to remain unwed?!
*Silence as Phoenix silently judges Edgeworth*
- Edgeworth's thoughts on the Power of Love and Marriage, Spirit of Justice, Turnabout Timetraveller

Last edited by Crazibot (July 6, 2023 21:25:59)

Hi! I'm Onyx. You can also call me Crazi if you'd like.
I've had my account for about 4 years now, and, yeah, I've used the forums (and still do). This is actually where I met my online best friend of about 4 years, @CattyCodes!
I suggest you hang out on the forums if you aren't already. You might make a friend here! Or- You'll at least get to nerd out or help someone!
You're most likely to find me in the Ace Attorney forum, writing an informal essay about why a character needs some therapy. Or perhaps giving my support for an idea in the Suggestions forum. Or if you're lucky outside of the forums, I've animated something or maybe did a cover of a song with a friend. All in all, I'm here to help and have a bit of fun (and perhaps debate something while at it).

My current “essays”:
Ace Attorney Forum:
Why Klavier Gavin Should Get Some Dang Therapy
Why Phoenix Wright Should Get Some Dang Therapy
Also_lensdan1
Scratcher
1000+ posts

What did I just watch-

Gregory Edgeworth got stuck in Eeby Deeby.

| Hi! My name is Ren, I'm a teen boi who just likes to talk to people and make stoopdi projects on this goofy website. |
INFJ | 1w9 | RCOAI | Phlegmatic | FEVL

-My favorite Fandoms:
Final Fantasy VI-X (But my absolute favorite is VIII, which you'll see me obsess over.)
Ace Attorney
Better Call Saul
Spy X Family
Musical Theatre

-I also enjoy…
Soccer | Volleyball (I play center in both for my school!)
Underdogs on Youtube. The only 4 people on the internet I actually bother to follow lol.
Frankie Lollia also on Youtube!

A handful of my beans are here to protect my signature from evil kumquats:

Crazibot
Scratcher
500+ posts

Also_lensdan1 wrote:

What did I just watch-
A beautiful disaster.

I've had my account for about 4 years now, and, yeah, I've used the forums (and still do). This is actually where I met my online best friend of about 4 years, @CattyCodes!
I suggest you hang out on the forums if you aren't already. You might make a friend here! Or- You'll at least get to nerd out or help someone!
You're most likely to find me in the Ace Attorney forum, writing an informal essay about why a character needs some therapy. Or perhaps giving my support for an idea in the Suggestions forum. Or if you're lucky outside of the forums, I've animated something or maybe did a cover of a song with a friend. All in all, I'm here to help and have a bit of fun (and perhaps debate something while at it).

My current “essays”:
Ace Attorney Forum:
Crazibot
Scratcher
500+ posts

Alright, before I write the wonderful essay about how Phoenix Wright needs some dang therapy, I'm going to complain about a writing decision that I absolutely hate in SOJ. (That's exaggerated but you get my point)
Major spoilers for SOJ, specifically Turnabout Revolution… Because it's a big case…
Read at your own risk?
We get a civil trial between Apollo and Phoenix. Completely, normal trial. We just need to prove that the thing we almost died to get (The Founder's Orb) is actually ours.
Phoenix takes the Plantiff/Prosecution's side of the court for once, arguing for Paul Atishon, that the orb is the “Crystal of Ami Fey”, and belongs to Paul. Apollo (Us) argues for Dhurke's claim of the orb, saying it's the Founder's Orb and it belongs to Dhurke (and the rebellion).

You caught up? Cool.
So Phoenix was wrong. It was the Founder's Orb. We lit it on fire and proved our point.
It's Dhurke's. No argument allowed… Right?
Wrong
We get a recess since Wright is still throwing out claims* but Athena lurks over to learn that… Maya's being held hostage.
Again.

Now, I hate this writing decision. They're pulling what happened in 2:4 again!
This doesn't show character development for Phoenix! He's being manipulated… Again (, again, this one includes Kristoph's schemes…).
They couldn't have had any other reason to drag the cast back to Khura'in? Couldn't the guy who kidnapped Maya hold another person *cough cough* Dhurke's son, Nahyuta- *cough cough* hostage and hold him for the same ransom? And give a different excuse on why Maya was in Khura'in still**?
The whole situation is way more complicated than that, and writing would of had to be completely different, but I know some of you snoop through my posts without ever playing the games. So, haha, caught you.
My conclusion? I feel like we could of gotten something a little more… Original. Not another Maya kidnapping plot, but still leave the case as complicated as it (or make it more complex, I'm completely up for that). They shouldn't have had to reuse one of the plots or ideas in the series. And if they had to, this was… Not that original of a way to use it.

*–Which I really thought this was in character! Phoenix never gives up, having a ton of perseverance…
** Reminder that even after the Rite of Turnabout's trial, to my memory, Maya never said she'd leave? I would think she'd tell Phoenix…

TL; DR: We seriously shouldn't have gotten a repeat of some of 2:4's events. Let Phoenix be wrong (because, character development!), lead the cast to Khura'in a different way, and give Maya a different excuse to be at the crime scene.

I have a feeling some of you are going to read this yet haven't even touched SOJ in the slightest. XD

Last edited by Crazibot (July 9, 2023 12:33:45)

My current “essays”:
Ace Attorney Forum:
CaptainVictoria
Scratcher
1000+ posts

Crazibot wrote:

Alright, before I write the wonderful essay about how Phoenix Wright needs some dang therapy, I'm going to complain about a writing decision that I absolutely hate in SOJ. (That's exaggerated but you get my point)
Major spoilers for SOJ, specifically Turnabout Revolution… Because it's a big case…
Read at your own risk?
-snip-

I have a feeling some of you are going to read this yet haven't even touched SOJ in the slightest. XD
*Barely manages to have restraint*

You? Nibelheim!! Me? G O N G A G A ! !

I'm a Final Fantasy and Ace Attorney fan, though I've never played FF for myself.
Call me a geek or a weeb, whatever. Because I'm proud of it.
Transformers especially I've looked at the Wiki so many times, I'll get into the entire lore, yes… I'm that person.

I'm told I'm very good at recreating characters from my fandoms (which I'm kind of closed off from…)
Anyhoo, here are some of my best models.

AA:
Miles Edgeworth
Klavier Gavin
Gregory Edgeworth
Godot
My AA RP.

The entire collection of character models…

Gregory looks cool and objects my posts from kumquats.
cutepuppies458
Scratcher
36 posts

Hi! I'm pretty new to the fandom but my favorite character is Apollo

Wrightworth wedding rings, I repeat, Wrightworth wedding rings

Hi! You can call me Jaiden, I'm just trying to find people who will listen to my rambling about fictional characters.

Fandoms I'm in:
Gravity Falls
Wings of Fire
The Owl House
Legend of Zelda
Ace Attorney
Amphibia

#TakeKlavierGavinOutOfYourBasementPleaseCapcom
EOOEOKWOJDO
Scratcher
500+ posts

cutepuppies458 wrote:

hello, boy

SilKeaSilver
Scratcher
100+ posts

cutepuppies458 wrote:

Welcome to the fandom! Just a quick warning: we're all insane XD
(Personally, I headcanon Edgeworth as aroace, but you can ship Wrightworth if you want :-)
(I mean, the series is literally called Ace Attorney, and Phoenix is definitely bisexual)

The post that this signature is attached to is almost entirely composed of my disjointed ramblings at a time when I really should be asleep.

SilKea // She/her // Sleep Deprived
EOOEOKWOJDO
Scratcher
500+ posts

SilKeaSilver wrote:

cutepuppies458 wrote:

(Personally, I headcanon Edgeworth as aroace, but you can ship Wrightworth if you want :-)
(I mean, the series is literally called Ace Attorney, and Phoenix is definitely bisexual)
Oh god. It's starting.

hello, boy

Crazibot
Scratcher
500+ posts

cutepuppies458 wrote:

Welcome to the games and fandom! As SilKea warned you, we're a bit insane. Mainly me, I'm the insane essay writer here.

Be careful mentioning ships around here… We all have different opinions about different ships (as in some of us love a certain ship but despise another, or something similar) and just make sure to respect each other's opinions on each other's ships.

Last edited by Crazibot (July 9, 2023 11:06:41)

My current “essays”:
Ace Attorney Forum:
SilKeaSilver
Scratcher
100+ posts

EOOEOKWOJDO wrote:

SilKeaSilver wrote:

cutepuppies458 wrote:

Oh god. It's starting.
That it is!
(Should I post all my ships and headcanons in one post so you guys can see or would that create too many arguments?)

The post that this signature is attached to is almost entirely composed of my disjointed ramblings at a time when I really should be asleep.

SilKea // She/her // Sleep Deprived
Crazibot
Scratcher
500+ posts

SilKeaSilver wrote:

EOOEOKWOJDO wrote:

SilKeaSilver wrote:

cutepuppies458 wrote:

Oh god. It's starting.
That it is!
(Should I post all my ships and headcanons in one post so you guys can see or would that create too many arguments?)
I think they were serious?
(Don't. It will create a literal flame war among us. Learned/Saw the hard way. Maybe just make it a project and leave it at that. I think some/most headcanons will be fine but ships are an absolute no-go. )

My current “essays”:
Ace Attorney Forum:
EOOEOKWOJDO
Scratcher
500+ posts

SilKeaSilver wrote:

EOOEOKWOJDO wrote:

SilKeaSilver wrote:

cutepuppies458 wrote:

Oh god. It's starting.
That it is!
Definitely shouldn't. Nothing against you, of course, but I think many people would prefer to talk about things that actually happen in the game.

hello, boy

cutepuppies458
Scratcher
36 posts

SilKeaSilver wrote:

Personally, I headcanon Edgeworth as aroace
That's actually really fitting, I might just pull a Kay and steal that headcanon haha

Hi! You can call me Jaiden, I'm just trying to find people who will listen to my rambling about fictional characters.

Fandoms I'm in:
Gravity Falls
Wings of Fire
The Owl House
Legend of Zelda
Ace Attorney
Amphibia

#TakeKlavierGavinOutOfYourBasementPleaseCapcom
Also_lensdan1
Scratcher
1000+ posts

Some cool Klavier fanart I found!

| Hi! My name is Ren, I'm a teen boi who just likes to talk to people and make stoopdi projects on this goofy website. |

-My favorite Fandoms:
Final Fantasy VI-X (But my absolute favorite is VIII, which you'll see me obsess over.)
Ace Attorney
Better Call Saul
Spy X Family
Musical Theatre

-I also enjoy…
Underdogs on Youtube. The only 4 people on the internet I actually bother to follow lol.

supermilkshake367
Scratcher
1000+ posts

Also_lensdan1 wrote:

:00 That looks awesome!!

Hello

I have saved you from my cringe.
Also_lensdan1
Scratcher
1000+ posts

I'm committed to finishing Season 2 of the Ace Attorney anime lol. I'm not sure why I stopped, (Probably just got busy) but now that I'm watching it again, I'm hooked. I can't wait for Bridge to the Turnabout because I know it'll be awesome!!

Pess got a girlfriend!!! :3

Last edited by Also_lensdan1 (July 10, 2023 07:31:13)

-My favorite Fandoms:
Ace Attorney
Better Call Saul
Spy X Family
Musical Theatre

-I also enjoy…

CaptainVictoria
Scratcher
1000+ posts

Also_lensdan1 wrote:

:OO That's so cool!! I almost thought it was from Teppen though. Haha

I'm a Final Fantasy and Ace Attorney fan, though I've never played FF for myself.
Transformers especially I've looked at the Wiki so many times, I'll get into the entire lore, yes… I'm that person.

I'm told I'm very good at recreating characters from my fandoms (which I'm kind of closed off from…)

AA:
Miles Edgeworth
Klavier Gavin
Gregory Edgeworth
Godot
My AA RP.

CaptainVictoria
Scratcher
1000+ posts

Also_lensdan1 wrote:

I'm committed to finishing Season 2 of the Ace Attorney anime lol. I'm not sure why I stopped, (Probably just got busy) but now that I'm watching it again, I'm hooked. I can't wait for Bridge to the Turnabout because I know it'll be awesome!!

Pess got a girlfriend!!! :3
Yeah, I still need to get back to watching it myself. Lol

And YES! He does!! It's so sweet, but I don't think they get to be together long. I watched the sub version of that episode at some point, so I definitely know what you're talking about.
Something to point out, is that Miles' voice deepened dramatically between the age he was in Turnabout Promises and the age he is in Turnabout Melodies, which is 12 years old. At least, this was in the Japanese version. Because it was really deep for that age. XD No idea what happened or anything, but I think he just has his normal kid voice in the dub, right?
Side note; Ms. Goldy is voiced the same guy as Vegeta in Dragon Ball-

AA:
Miles Edgeworth
Klavier Gavin
Gregory Edgeworth
Godot
My AA RP.

Crazibot
Scratcher
500+ posts

Also_lensdan1 wrote:

https://u.cubeupload.com/ForestOwl22/Snapinstaapp35523760.jpg
He deserves more fanart like this-

My current “essays”:
Ace Attorney Forum: