Discuss Scratch

foo-eta
Scratcher
1000+ posts

make a scratch editor dark theme

Support.
I support because I think that the screen will be easier to see because the contrast ratio is improved.
It may be a suitable setting for children with color blindness to use scratch.

Last edited by foo-eta (July 15, 2019 02:28:40)

ここはスクラッチのサイトの中なので、スクラッチのことを話しましょう。
意見・反対意見・指摘いつでもウェルカムです
コミュニティガイドラインチュートリアル
日本語フォーラムのつかいかたチュートリアル
著作権を守ろう
DaBoi001
Scratcher
1000+ posts

foo-eta wrote:

Support.
I support because I think that the screen will be easier to see because the contrast ratio is improved.
My eyes are watering due to brightness lol

Last Edited by kaj (Tomorrow 00:00:00)
▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔
around 2300 posts

I don't use Scratch all that much. I only hop on the forums and stuff. I make stuff on Unity and 3D model now.

“All right, I've been thinking. When life gives you lemons, don't make lemonade. Make life take the lemons back! GET MAD! I DON'T WANT YOUR * LEMONS! What am I supposed to do with these? Demand to see life's manager! Make life rue the day it thought it could give CAVE JOHNSON lemons! Do you know who I am? I'm the man who's gonna BURN YOUR HOUSE DOWN! With the LEMONS! I'm gonna get my engineers to invent a combustible lemon that burns your house down!”
- Cave Johnson
Yuzu_tetsu
Scratcher
6 posts

The white letters in the light-colored CodeIcon are very difficult to see for some blind children. Universal design is required.

In Japan, programming education for primary school students will start next year (2020/4/1). Scratch is one of the leading candidates.

Yuzu_tetsu
ResExsention
New to Scratch
1000+ posts

Yuzu_tetsu wrote:

The white letters in the light-colored CodeIcon are very difficult to see for some blind children. Universal design is required.

In Japan, programming education for primary school students will start next year (2020/4/1). Scratch is one of the leading candidates.

Yuzu_tetsu

So, uh…

Do you support the idea or not?

Infrequently active.

It feels weird to see how far we've come. I hope you're well, wherever you are!
StrangeMagic32
Scratcher
1000+ posts

wolf_dill wrote:

i know but for users that do should not be arguing about this when they can just put it on high contrast mode
Using high contrast mode is like not wanting to be hot in summer so you go to the north pole, it changes EVERYTHING on the screen, so it's not a solution to this issue.

Anyways, Support
I don't know why, but I really enjoy dark mode on basically everything.

Last edited by StrangeMagic32 (July 15, 2019 17:08:39)

“Remember the worth of souls is great in the sight of God;”
- Doctrine and Covenants 18:10

I have since moved to @JollyWinter
TTARises2
Scratcher
66 posts

Scratch really does need a dark mode. A lot of web browsers, websites, and operating-systems have dark modes for those technology dwellers at 3 AM in the morning. But Scratch, doesn't have this. This can be bad for some users who work sometimes in the dark, and may be sometimes discourage users from using Scratch because of how much an eyesore it is. That's where dark mode comes in handy. It replaces the flashing bright colors of Scratch with much more dark and less eye-straining colors. If the Scratch Team doesn't add this, I would consider Scratch possibly the worst place to look at in nighttime.

So yes, I do support.

Last edited by TTARises2 (July 15, 2019 21:25:47)

TheNewOne2989
Scratcher
91 posts

Yeah, I pretty much stay up at least until 3 AM in summer vacation, so I REALLY want a dark mode, I use YouTube with dark mode, I use my browser with dark mode, so I WANT a dark mode, maybe someone in the Scratch team like Za-Chary can see this and see his/her thoughts on this forum, see if they want to, how the Scratch team would do the suggestion, and see if it’s possible.
ResExsention
New to Scratch
1000+ posts

Still can't believe that after this much support an ST hasn't dropped by. Right now I'm stuck with userstyles and I would really like to see a native dark theme.

Infrequently active.

Ian-Stewart
Scratcher
500+ posts

Support! Dark mode has always been a nice theme and is perfect for nighttime, so that would be a nice new feature.

Last edited by Ian-Stewart (July 16, 2019 23:23:15)

My signature was completely outdated and a new one is under construction.
Yuzu_tetsu
Scratcher
6 posts

I tried Darkmode on Windows 10 and 7. In my understanding, the background of the window of Scrach gets dark, but the blocks on the Scratch window have no change. For example, the children claim that the white letters in the pale yellow block are hard to see. Certainly I also think so.
Why didn't you implement the block color and font color adjustment functionality implemented in early Scratch in Scratch 3.0? I think this problem will not be solved in dark mode.
Testu_yuzu
Yuzu_tetsu
Scratcher
6 posts

I tried Darkmode on Windows 10 and 7. In my understanding, the background of the window of Scrach gets dark, but the blocks on the Scratch window have no change. For example, the children claim that the white letters in the pale yellow block are hard to see. Certainly I also think so.
Why didn't you implement the block color and font color adjustment functionality implemented in early Scratch in Scratch 3.0? I think this problem will not be solved in dark mode.
ResExsention
New to Scratch
1000+ posts

Yuzu_tetsu wrote:

The native Windows settings do not interfere with the display of web pages. Well, usually they don't.

Infrequently active.

Jackal_Animates
Scratcher
3 posts

Supported! I use Dark mode on Discord, Pixilart, and all my other websites, its always kind of rough coming back to a forced light mode
TheNewOne2989
Scratcher
91 posts

It would be nice for Scratch to have a dark mode because there are night owls in Scratch, and dark mode is great for night owls, so I support.
BlueStarPort
Scratcher
100+ posts

TheNewOne2989 wrote:

It would be nice for Scratch to have a dark mode because there are night owls in Scratch
*cough* *cough* me browsing Scratch at 9:30pm even though I'm supposed to be asleep *cough* *cough*
Troyer_Kem
Scratcher
1000+ posts

BlueStarPort wrote:

TheNewOne2989 wrote:

It would be nice for Scratch to have a dark mode because there are night owls in Scratch
*cough* *cough* me browsing Scratch at 9:30pm even though I'm supposed to be asleep *cough* *cough*
*cough over 9000* me browsing Scratch at 00.20 AM cuz i have no life *cough even im not ill*
Also yeah. There are many people use Scratch at night.

If you're seeing this account, I'm Morimop and the reason that I use this account is:

**I'm too lazy to switch accounts**
**I forget my password**
**I got a forum message while drawing something**
BlueStarPort
Scratcher
100+ posts

Troyer_Kem wrote:

BlueStarPort wrote:

TheNewOne2989 wrote:

*cough over 9000* me browsing Scratch at 00.20 AM cuz i have no life *cough even im not ill*
Also yeah. There are many people use Scratch at night.
i have less life
i'm mentally unstable uwu
Anyway, many people use Scratch at night, or live in NORTHERN NORWAY where it's dark all day in winter. (oof)
CatsUnited
Scratcher
1000+ posts

BlueStarPort wrote:

TheNewOne2989 wrote:

Imagine having a bedtime of 9:30pm
This post was made by 10pm bedtime gang

I use dark mode on a lot of things in the daytime as well.

Last edited by CatsUnited (July 18, 2019 12:43:52)

bottom text
EZ-Games
Scratcher
1000+ posts

Support, having a dark mode would really be nice.

God did not send his Son into the world to condemn the world, but to save the world through him.
John 3:17

Advice:
Saying “Support” or “No Support” doesn't contribute anything to the conversation.
A question that has already been answered doesn't need to be answered twice with the same answer - bring something new to the table.
Troyer_Kem
Scratcher
1000+ posts

This is a trash post. I decide to delete.

Last edited by Troyer_Kem (July 18, 2019 13:09:23)

If you're seeing this account, I'm Morimop and the reason that I use this account is:

**I'm too lazy to switch accounts**
**I forget my password**
**I got a forum message while drawing something**