Discuss Scratch

Green_Cookie
Scratcher
100+ posts

make a scratch editor dark theme

Support! I like the looks of dark themes, and bright themes can hurt your eyes. I think the blocks should stay the same color in the theme, though.

ʀᴇʙᴇᴄᴄᴀ | ᴛᴇᴇɴᴀɢᴇʀ | ʟɪʙʀᴀ | ɪɴᴛᴘ-ᴛ | ᴘᴏᴛᴛᴇʀʜᴇᴀᴅ | ꜱʟʏᴛʜᴇʀɪɴ | ᴘᴀᴛʀᴏɴᴜꜱ: ᴛʜᴇꜱᴛʀᴀʟ | ʟᴇᴀʀɴɪɴɢ ꜰʀᴇɴᴄʜ | ᴠɪᴏʟɪɴɪꜱᴛ | ʟᴇᴀʀɴɪɴɢ ᴊᴀᴠᴀꜱᴄʀɪᴘᴛ | ᴀᴛʜᴇɪꜱᴛ | ɢʀᴀᴘʜᴇᴍᴇ-ᴄᴏʟᴏʀ ꜱʏɴᴇꜱᴛʜᴇꜱɪᴀ | ʜᴇᴛᴇʀᴏꜱᴇxᴜᴀʟ ᴀʟʟʏ | ꜰᴇᴍɪɴɪꜱᴛ

♫♪.ılılıll|̲̅̅●̲̅̅|̲̅̅=̲̅̅|̲̅̅●̲̅̅|llılılı.♫♪
elpscratch
Scratcher
9 posts

#WeWantDarkMode
BlueStarPort
Scratcher
100+ posts

elpscratch wrote:

#WeWantDarkMode
PLEASE be constructive. Saying #WeWantDarkMode is not constructive and could be considered spam. Please state why you support.
FoxyTheNeonFox
Scratcher
17 posts

I fully support this, I think this should also apply to the main site as well instead of the editor.
wolf_dill
Scratcher
4 posts

i extremly suport cuase u need helthy eyes in order to work beter on scratch and at home
-PoIar-
Scratcher
500+ posts

Support!
As the others have said, white and blue can be hard and unhealthy on the eyes. I sometimes work on projects and stuff at night when the lights are off, and it's super bright. This would definitely be useful for when the lights are out and to protect your eyes.

~*°*°*~ -PoIar- ~°*°*~

I'ᴍ ᴀ ꜰᴇᴍᴀʟᴇ Cʜʀɪsᴛɪᴀɴ, ᴀɴᴅ I ᴇɴᴊᴏʏ sᴘᴏʀᴛs (ᴇsᴘᴇᴄɪᴀʟʟʏ ᴠᴏʟʟᴇʏʙᴀʟʟ ᴀɴᴅ sᴏꜰᴛʙᴀʟʟ), ᴅᴏɢs, ᴀɴᴅ ᴡɪɴᴛᴇʀᴛɪᴍᴇ! I'ᴍ ᴀɴ ᴀᴍʙɪᴅᴇxᴛʀᴏᴜs Sᴄʀᴀᴛᴄʜᴇʀ, ᴀɴᴅ I'ᴍ ᴘᴀʀᴛ ᴏꜰ ᴛʜᴇ 0.8% ᴏꜰ ᴡᴏᴍᴇɴ ᴡʜᴏ ʜᴀᴠᴇ ᴛʜᴇ Iɴᴛᴊ-ᴛ (ᴀʀᴄʜɪᴛᴇᴄᴛ) ᴘᴇʀsᴏɴᴀʟɪᴛʏ. I'ᴅ ɢʀᴇᴀᴛʟʏ ᴀᴘᴘʀᴇᴄɪᴀᴛᴇ ɪᴛ ɪꜰ ʏᴏᴜ ᴡᴏᴜʟᴅ ᴄʟɪᴄᴋ ᴛʜᴇ ꜰᴏʟʟᴏᴡ ʙᴜᴛᴛᴏɴ, ɪᴛ ᴍᴇᴀɴs ᴀ ʟᴏᴛ ᴛᴏ sᴇᴇ ʏᴏᴜʀ sᴜᴘᴘᴏʀᴛ! Aɴᴅ ᴘʟᴇᴀsᴇ ᴊᴏɪɴ ᴛʜᴇ ,Christian Community Groups, ɪᴛ ᴡᴏᴜʟᴅ ʙᴇ ᴀᴘᴘʀᴇᴄɪᴀᴛᴇᴅ!

Eᴘʜᴇsɪᴀɴs 2:10 - “Fᴏʀ ᴡᴇ ᴀʀᴇ Gᴏᴅ's ʜᴀɴᴅɪᴡᴏʀᴋ, ᴄʀᴇᴀᴛᴇᴅ ɪɴ Cʜʀɪsᴛ Jᴇsᴜs ᴛᴏ ᴅᴏ ɢᴏᴏᴅ ᴡᴏʀᴋs, ᴡʜɪᴄʜ Gᴏᴅ ᴘʀᴇᴘᴀʀᴇᴅ ɪɴ ᴀᴅᴠᴀɴᴄᴇ ꜰᴏʀ ᴜs ᴛᴏ ᴅᴏ.”
CyberrSpade
Scratcher
4 posts

This already exists, as an add on made my @nanalan that you can get here: https://scratch.mit.edu/discuss/topic/213230/

This is Larry the Cucumber.
HAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA
wolf_dill
Scratcher
4 posts

u know that if u go to accessibility u can do high contrast and scratch would be more healthy for your eyes so really i don't know y this even turned into a discussion not to be mean or anything just throwing it out there
dhuls
Scratcher
1000+ posts

wolf_dill wrote:

u know that if u go to accessibility u can do high contrast and scratch would be more healthy for your eyes so really i don't know y this even turned into a discussion not to be mean or anything just throwing it out there
Not all operating systems have high contrast
wolf_dill
Scratcher
4 posts

i know but for users that do should not be arguing about this when they can just put it on high contrast mode
DaBoi001
Scratcher
1000+ posts

MinecraftGod497 wrote:

It is better for young peoples health problem is scratch dont listen
Yes. Yes indeed

Last Edited by kaj (Tomorrow 00:00:00)
▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔
around 2300 posts

I don't use Scratch all that much. I only hop on the forums and stuff. I make stuff on Unity and 3D model now.

“All right, I've been thinking. When life gives you lemons, don't make lemonade. Make life take the lemons back! GET MAD! I DON'T WANT YOUR * LEMONS! What am I supposed to do with these? Demand to see life's manager! Make life rue the day it thought it could give CAVE JOHNSON lemons! Do you know who I am? I'm the man who's gonna BURN YOUR HOUSE DOWN! With the LEMONS! I'm gonna get my engineers to invent a combustible lemon that burns your house down!”
- Cave Johnson
DaBoi001
Scratcher
1000+ posts

Scratch 3.0 is nearly childish of the brightness

▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔
around 2300 posts

I don't use Scratch all that much. I only hop on the forums and stuff. I make stuff on Unity and 3D model now.

“All right, I've been thinking. When life gives you lemons, don't make lemonade. Make life take the lemons back! GET MAD! I DON'T WANT YOUR * LEMONS! What am I supposed to do with these? Demand to see life's manager! Make life rue the day it thought it could give CAVE JOHNSON lemons! Do you know who I am? I'm the man who's gonna BURN YOUR HOUSE DOWN! With the LEMONS! I'm gonna get my engineers to invent a combustible lemon that burns your house down!”
- Cave Johnson
DaBoi001
Scratcher
1000+ posts

wolf_dill wrote:

i know but for users that do should not be arguing about this when they can just put it on high contrast mode
yeah but some people can't do that

▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔
around 2300 posts

- Cave Johnson
Troyer_Kem
Scratcher
1000+ posts

DaBoi001 wrote:

What's the target of Scratch?
Teaching coding to children.

If you're seeing this account, I'm Morimop and the reason that I use this account is:

**I'm too lazy to switch accounts**
**I forget my password**
**I got a forum message while drawing something**
miniepicness
Scratcher
1000+ posts

This is still needed and has been since 2.0 was released.

Last edited by miniepicness (July 8, 2019 23:08:16)

dogeiscut
Scratcher
500+ posts

a dark theme for a whole website! support!

peanut
game_pr0grammer
Scratcher
500+ posts

i support because danison said so and he is apparently famous

and also because 0% brightness on my computer isn't dark enough

SPEAK UP TO KUMQUAT EQUALITY Kumquats are not bad! Kumquat lives matter!

hi i am myself, i make projects that take like a week or month to make whenever i feel like it (which isn't often) and then they only get 10 views because i'm a nobody. and i cannot change that. i am just one singular person in the sea of many that are on scratch. my stuff don't matter. i don't matter. i am going to die in 70 years anyway, and 99.99% of people on the world will not even know, or really care if they know. also i am good at programming i made an opengl so ha take that nuuubs. (i am legally required to say that statement does not accurately reflect my views i wrote that because i thought it was funny)

all my good projects. are here here are examples of my good Projects

shoot that's it basically lol they're all platformers. play them and talk about it so i get clout plz. thank.
DaBoi001
Scratcher
1000+ posts

Troyer_Kem wrote:

DaBoi001 wrote:

no thats scratch jr

▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔
around 2300 posts

- Cave Johnson
zafzaf
Scratcher
1000+ posts

DaBoi001 wrote:

Troyer_Kem wrote:

DaBoi001 wrote:

no thats scratch jr
Scratch jr is for toddlers
Scratch is for kids 8 and up

“that's life, goofball, sometimes you lose people. sometimes you lose people you care about. and you never see them again. and the worst part is, you never even get a chance to apologize to them for letting them down.”

give me an internet so I can feel better about myself

Troyer_Kem
Scratcher
1000+ posts

zafzaf wrote:

DaBoi001 wrote:

Troyer_Kem wrote:

DaBoi001 wrote:

no thats scratch jr
Scratch jr is for toddlers
Scratch is for kids 8 and up
scratch 3.0 for mans
scratch 2.0 for legends

Yeah.

If you're seeing this account, I'm Morimop and the reason that I use this account is:

**I'm too lazy to switch accounts**
**I forget my password**
**I got a forum message while drawing something**