Discuss Scratch

Troyer_Kem
Scratcher
1000+ posts

make a scratch editor dark theme

Don't post #WeWantDarkMode. It does nothing. If you support, then say this:

EaGlE_gAmEs wrote:

Support!. Because… insert support reason here.

If you're seeing this account, I'm Morimop and the reason that I use this account is:

**I'm too lazy to switch accounts**
**I forget my password**
**I got a forum message while drawing something**
Botcho_Otkho
Scratcher
1000+ posts

Hi_I_am_Alex wrote:

Support. I don't really need to say more, everyone else already said it LOL
Then don't say anything. It's better not to post if the post adds nothing.

MinecraftGod497 wrote:

#WEWANTDARKTHEME
Thanks scratch
scratch on
@Minecraftgod497
Sorry, but you've already stated your opinion (although unconstructively). There's no need of another post.

GullumIncComicz wrote:

okay so lets do a reenactment of me on scratch

Me: oh boy im gonna make my biggest project ever
*opens scratch*
Me: OH GOD ITS A SUPERNOVA- oh wait its just scratch

yeah support

cawdd wrote:

#WeWantDarkMode
Please, be constructive.

I see now that the circumstances of one's birth are irrelevant. It is what you do with the gift of life that determines who you are. - Mewtwo
GullumIncComicz
Scratcher
100+ posts

Botcho_Otkho wrote:

Hi_I_am_Alex wrote:

Support. I don't really need to say more, everyone else already said it LOL
Then don't say anything. It's better not to post if the post adds nothing.

MinecraftGod497 wrote:

#WEWANTDARKTHEME
Thanks scratch
scratch on
@Minecraftgod497
Sorry, but you've already stated your opinion (although unconstructively). There's no need of another post.

GullumIncComicz wrote:

okay so lets do a reenactment of me on scratch

Me: oh boy im gonna make my biggest project ever
*opens scratch*
Me: OH GOD ITS A SUPERNOVA- oh wait its just scratch

yeah support

cawdd wrote:

#WeWantDarkMode
Please, be constructive.
saying my support for something isn't constructive? MINIMOD ALERT

Generation 1. Copy and paste this into your siggy, then increase the generation by 1. Then say you continued the generation on @GullumIncComicz profile and the number of your generation. If your generation was already commented, then remove this from your siggy.
NilsTheBest
Scratcher
1000+ posts

GullumIncComicz wrote:

Saying my support for something isn't constructive? MINIMOD ALERT
Simply saying “support” or “no support” is not constructive. I advise you read this sticky which I assume you haven't read

NilsTheChair | 5 years on Scratch | 4000+ posts | former wiki editor | 332nd FPC | CoR founder
DANCEYOURWAY4444
Scratcher
100+ posts

Red and black how fun!!!
DarthVader4Life
Scratcher
1000+ posts

leahcimto wrote:

Support! This would be helpful at night and I think you should be able to change it to night mode any where on the scratch website.
bump

Yes, I agree….
It should be added. (Once again)

Last edited by DarthVader4Life (June 25, 2021 01:14:15)

Be Moist Also, here's a helpful link to Ocular
I am DV4L, Erector of Text Walls, Typer of Long Posts, Creator of Mini-mod posts
The kumquats have eaten this line, so I have to have a new way to repel them.
Had a bad day or are feeling bored? Watch this to make your day better in an interesting way.
Do you think you've been banned unfairly? Then you'd be wrong. The ST aren't children, so quit acting like they are.
SilverRoseSky
Scratcher
1 post

Yeah a dark mode would be nice, because who likes looking at white all day? Not me! So it definitely would be a big improvement!
I absolutely love Scratch, and i'm not trying to hate, but here are the reason dark mode should be implemented :

As @DANISON said, Red and black is better for our eyes.

After staring at a white screen all day, you get tired in your eyes

This is scientifically been proved!
say [We want dark mode!]
MinecraftGod497
New to Scratch
3 posts

It is better for young peoples health problem is scratch dont listen
imustafa
Scratcher
100+ posts

I NEED THIS FEATURE

GERONI-YEET! :D

100+ Posts Gang let's goooooooo!!!!! :DDDDDDDDDDD
Botcho_Otkho
Scratcher
1000+ posts

imustafa wrote:

I NEED THIS FEATURE
And we need you to explain why you would want something, please. If you can't say anything constructive, then it's better not to post anything.

I see now that the circumstances of one's birth are irrelevant. It is what you do with the gift of life that determines who you are. - Mewtwo
MCBRex
Scratcher
34 posts

Attention, Scratchers:
Please stop saying things such as, “WeWantDarkMode”, “Support”, or “AWESOME GUYS” in the comments, as posting those comments is unconstructive and unhelpful. And if you came here from DANISON's project, remember he said no spam and only constructive comments are allowed. Thank you for your understanding! Scratch on! :D

MCBRex
Writer | Dreamer | Thinker | Guitarist | Programmer | Reader |
Blog
Writing Site
TwilightDestroyer
Scratcher
53 posts

I say that dark mode would be a very helpful tool to help Scratchers working at night. As seen in DANISON's project, the Scratch colors (Blue and white) are the most unhealthy for the eyes. This is not just a claim from DANISON; scientists have proved this. These proofs are in numerous places, such as the sources listed on DANISON's project. Colors such as those are hard for your eyes, and your device's battery. Turning on a Dark Mode would make Scratching easier on the Scratcher's eyes, and the Scratcher's device. In conclusion, the addition for Scratch to have a Dark Mode would be a helpful addition to help Scratchers who work during the night.

Sincerely,
TwilightDestroyer

Check out my most elaborate project yet, Heroes of Arhcaanis! https://scratch.mit.edu/projects/690918465/
when green flag clicked
forever
broadcast [Create] and wait
end
ResExsention
New to Scratch
1000+ posts

TwilightDestroyer wrote:

I say that dark mode would be a very helpful tool to help Scratchers working at night. As seen in DANISON's project, the Scratch colors (Blue and white) are the most unhealthy for the eyes. This is not just a claim from DANISON; scientists have proved this. These proofs are in numerous places, such as the sources listed on DANISON's project. Colors such as those are hard for your eyes, and your device's battery. Turning on a Dark Mode would make Scratching easier on the Scratcher's eyes, and the Scratcher's device. In conclusion, the addition for Scratch to have a Dark Mode would be a helpful addition to help Scratchers who work during the night.

Ok.

White is a generally ok color, however it really strains the eyes. Though it's easier to read, your eyes will be tired after.

There is nothing wrong with blue, however for some reason blue light can keep you up at night.

I don't believe that color schemes can affect your battery.

Infrequently active.

It feels weird to see how far we've come. I hope you're well, wherever you are!
Hans5958
Scratcher
100+ posts

Support.

For those who knows CSS, it is quite easy to implement them.

Just an ordinary Scratcher who makes projects and surfs the forums.
Main accountAlternative accountMain account projectsAlternative account projectsMain website (GitHub) • 398 posts as of 20 June 2021

Google for my posts: ZjpZ867tgFSohdGEMaeyXSvAQSyXk5Ew • Google users, please click this link to see the full post.
wolf_dill
Scratcher
4 posts

when green flag clicked
move (10) steps
say [give us darkness]
forever
play drum (a v) for (0.25) beats
end
Botcho_Otkho
Scratcher
1000+ posts

wolf_dill wrote:

when green flag clicked
move (10) steps
say [give us darkness]
forever
play drum (a v) for (0.25) beats
end
Please, be constructive. Writing things with blocks like that is not helpful and may be reportable.

Greenbulb
Scratcher
5 posts

I think having a dark mode would be good, maybe change the blue to red and white to black since blue and white is unhealthy, and red and black is healthy. Or good. I think it sounds wrong but I also think it sounds good! Having an option for it would be nice. #WeWantDarkMode

when green flag clicked
set [Talking v] to [Started]
wait until <(Talking) = [Stopped]>
broadcast [Goodbye. v]
broadcast [Walk away. v]
stop [Conversation v]
GullumIncComicz
Scratcher
100+ posts

NilsTheBest wrote:

GullumIncComicz wrote:

Saying my support for something isn't constructive? MINIMOD ALERT
Simply saying “support” or “no support” is not constructive. I advise you read this sticky which I assume you haven't read
i did read it and i gave my reasoning

Generation 1. Copy and paste this into your siggy, then increase the generation by 1. Then say you continued the generation on @GullumIncComicz profile and the number of your generation. If your generation was already commented, then remove this from your siggy.
DANCEYOURWAY4444
Scratcher
100+ posts

say [The coolest idea]
Botcho_Otkho
Scratcher
1000+ posts

DANCEYOURWAY4444 wrote:

say [The coolest idea]
Please, be constructive. Saying “Cool idea”, “Support” or “I want it” without explaining why is unconstructive and doesn't help.

Last edited by Botcho_Otkho (July 4, 2019 20:34:33)