Discuss Scratch

AHypnoman
Scratcher
1000+ posts

make a scratch editor dark theme

BringUpYourPost wrote:

So know it doesn't people complained about the purple and the ST still added it. The ST is the 100% decider of these updates not the community
It does matter. That fact that the community doesn't have any technical power doesn't mean that popular opinion doesn't matter. Also not only did I address that example specifically in the final paragraph of what you quoted, but also it's a bad example as it is one in which the community did get some change by ensuring that high contrast in the editor was an option.

Please move back on topic, this is straying away from making a dark theme.

Last edited by AHypnoman (Jan. 14, 2024 21:17:23)

~ AHypnoman (Use Shift+Down Arrow to see the rest of my signature)

I am an evil kumquat, and your siggy looks tasty…
Hello there, I'm AHypnoman, If you write my name remember to capitalize the “H”. “When you don't create things, you become defined by your tastes rather than ability. your tastes only narrow & exclude people. so create.” I write though as tho.
According to the Chrome Console, my viewbox attribute is “Garbage”. Very nice, Chrome.
#TrendyHashtag
Gib internneeet

Play Retorquebit!

undeterminstic
Scratcher
1000+ posts

it is time for this post that is not on the front page to rise making the distance and travelling to the top of the front page

yes
Bestdragon234
Scratcher
100+ posts

BringUpYourPost wrote:

AHypnoman wrote:

Yes it does.

Popularity can be used to determine demand for a feature and gauge how useful that feature will be. It really does matter and to think otherwise is utterly absurd.

I sincerely do not believe that you have had friends, both online and in real life, come forwards and tell you how much they hate a currently nonexistent Scratch dark theme.

Nobody complained about the high contrast option. They complained about it before it was an option and they complained about how it wasn't an option outside of the editor. People complaining about something optional clearly aren't in any place to make judgements about features; if you don't like it turn it off - it isn't that hard.
So know it doesn't people complained about the purple and the ST still added it. The ST is the 100% decider of these updates not the community
well updates like that caused community hate, i dont think the st really cares about the community and btw why would a colorblind person use scratch??? use by colorblind people was the supposed reason for the switch to purple but no one that is colorblind uses scratch

Last edited by Bestdragon234 (Feb. 17, 2024 21:51:45)

I CAN TURN AN EVIL KUMQUAT INTO DUST WHICH DISAPPEARS IN UNDER 1 YOCTOSECOND, DO NOT UNDERESTIMATE MY LIGHTNING EYES POWER AND MY ATOM DESTROYER!! and also that fire breathing power of course
undeterminstic
Scratcher
1000+ posts

Bestdragon234 wrote:

but no one that is colorblind uses scratch
source?

yes
Zydrolic
Scratcher
1000+ posts

Bestdragon234 wrote:

(#3564)
btw why would a colorblind person use scratch???
what age gap is the community intended for?
Don't answer, go check here instead.

Bestdragon234 wrote:

(#3564)
You are making such a broad assumption - Colorblindness ain't that uncommon, there is a most-common colorblindness, which is Daltonism;
Around 300 million people are colorblind but then again I'm also making an assumption here. You cannot just go around assuming nobody that has x,y,z uses Scratch; There's always possibilities.

Suggestions
SDS Helper reqs should be upped - Show/hide via context menu - Revise “ask the community” - Browser not supported - Empty comment contrast
Other
a bit of trolling (i asked before putting it here) - tamaNOTchi
- This account's usage is irregular

stop posting about kumquats, im tired of seeing it, my friend comments saying “oh hey your post was eaten by a kumquat” STOP a kumquat is freaking fruit just eat it utp ojtishglkmkjhgaoeimrlV,5KU9MOIL3K5GP,Ő AHTAHGTARET SOTP positing ABJTOUT IT (parody & sarcasm)

bad joke:

Most of this is now going to become a meme storage.

thank you ajskateboarder

This dialouge box has more than one sentence to say!

Bestdragon234
Scratcher
100+ posts

Zydrolic wrote:

Bestdragon234 wrote:

(#3564)

Bestdragon234 wrote:

(#3564)
You are making such a broad assumption - Colorblindness ain't that uncommon, there is a most-common colorblindness, which is Daltonism;
Around 300 million people are colorblind but then again I'm also making an assumption here. You cannot just go around assuming nobody that has x,y,z uses Scratch; There's always possibilities.
ok i guess i was too stereotypical there sorry

I CAN TURN AN EVIL KUMQUAT INTO DUST WHICH DISAPPEARS IN UNDER 1 YOCTOSECOND, DO NOT UNDERESTIMATE MY LIGHTNING EYES POWER AND MY ATOM DESTROYER!! and also that fire breathing power of course
undeterminstic
Scratcher
1000+ posts

Bestdragon234 wrote:

Zydrolic wrote:

Bestdragon234 wrote:

(#3564)

Bestdragon234 wrote:

(#3564)
i know one colour blind person who uses scratch

yes
Zydrolic
Scratcher
1000+ posts

Bestdragon234 wrote:

(#3567)
dw, though you should try not making a lot of broad assumptions, sure, I did as well, but still.

Suggestions
SDS Helper reqs should be upped - Show/hide via context menu - Revise “ask the community” - Browser not supported - Empty comment contrast
Other
a bit of trolling (i asked before putting it here) - tamaNOTchi
- This account's usage is irregular

stop posting about kumquats, im tired of seeing it, my friend comments saying “oh hey your post was eaten by a kumquat” STOP a kumquat is freaking fruit just eat it utp ojtishglkmkjhgaoeimrlV,5KU9MOIL3K5GP,Ő AHTAHGTARET SOTP positing ABJTOUT IT (parody & sarcasm)

bad joke:

Most of this is now going to become a meme storage.

thank you ajskateboarder

This dialouge box has more than one sentence to say!

SIovakia
Scratcher
53 posts

Bestdragon234 wrote:

Zydrolic wrote:

Bestdragon234 wrote:

(#3564)

Bestdragon234 wrote:

(#3564)
now beg on your knees for forgiveness

what an important change
vicmelaus2023
Scratcher
12 posts

ITS 2024 AND IT IS PURPLE
FranekFranekScratch
Scratcher
6 posts

please don't mention extensions

Last edited by spectre_specs (Feb. 18, 2024 19:48:53)

TheOne-6
Scratcher
500+ posts

Sunday Superposts #56
aaaaaaaaaaaaaa i'm late
removed

vicmelaus2023 wrote:

ITS 2024 AND IT IS PURPLE
Only the title bar is purple, the background is what needs dark mode.

Bestdragon234 wrote:

Zydrolic wrote:

Bestdragon234 wrote:

(#3564)

Bestdragon234 wrote:

(#3564)
sacrifice.

Last edited by spectre_specs (Feb. 18, 2024 19:49:13)

-87 PROJECTS REMAIN- (read this for info)
Your local 11 year old (since the 6th of October 2023)
go azure because that's my favourite colour
go here if you want to make an digital TV switchover
v 50 SPEED LIMIT 50LPS(lines per second) v

can i has chezburger?

hammed burger

you're over the speed limit wee-oo wee-oo

v SPEED LIMIT 60LPS v

burger..?

wait, what's scratch?

forum?! what?

uh i need sleep

(1 hour of sleep later) tiem 2 coed on scrach programer

change da world, my final message. goodbye

i didn't even need a raise

(ヾ•ω•`o :: list) // meow!
(‾人‾ :: list) // zzz
(:O :: list) // i've just woke up... hi!
^these kill evil kumquats in my signature! STOP SLEEPING ON THE JOB SWEEPY! oh, and :O wakes up at 9.
(^0^ :: other) // AAH HELP, an evil kumquat!
(D: :: other)(#ヾ•ω•`o :: list) // how long have i been doign this for??? oh wait, it's 7PM! my shift ends once i [b]get him.[/b]

Total evil kumquats caught: AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA (overflow)
undeterminstic
Scratcher
1000+ posts

i must cause this topic to gain height

yes
PaperMarioFan2022
Scratcher
1000+ posts

bump because dupe

Hello! Welcome to my signature!

I am a real Mario enthusiast and a fan of the franchise and also getting into the field of IT. I also play Luigi's Mansion and other games too!

Profile | Ocular | ScratchStats | PostPercent | GitHub Main | Snap!

Professional Mario Enthusiast / (NEW!) 3DS FC: 2252-0951-8546 / (NEW!) Switch FC: SW-2091-2478-9614 / (removed - due to concerns in moderation) ARarePaper

I forgor my account password to give an internet ☠

I’ve been a Scratcher since 2021!

My glorious meme section (scroll down to see more)

DangerPuppy10
Scratcher
500+ posts

Support.

Scratch changed the blue theme to purple because of colorblind peopleI forgot but it's because of eyes, so why not add a dark mode to also benefit how bad my and a lot of other people's eyes are.

No kidding, I have the worst vision. All this white hurts my eyes

Last edited by DangerPuppy10 (March 11, 2024 19:32:43)

I shall

Workaround chart:

starlightsparker
Scratcher
1000+ posts

Support, the white is extremely straining to my eyes.
Maybe keep the top bar purple though.

✮˚. ᵎᵎ ?彡⋆。˚ starlight !! * ੈ✩‧₊˚ ✧˖° female !! ⋆。°✩ they.them !!‧˚₊ muslim !!✶ .ᐟ
︶꒦꒷order at star's cafe! served w/ love꒷꒦︶
star's cafe is a store to order banners, pfps, and more!
(rounded) 1000th post | (actual) 1000th post | first post
~ pakistani muslim ~ ~ born in arabia ~ palestine supporter! ~
stop the Islam hate!useful custom blockslatest projectcomment herePython Learning History
Scratch inspired me to want to become a programmer when i grow up. I plan on learning python :>
TheEpikGamer211
Scratcher
1000+ posts

yall are saying this is for the entire site, although the title clearly says "make a catch editor dark theme"

Epik gamer 211. Proud inventor of GTTSTES.
im workng on
sc (then SBOX)
GTTSTES 1.3
when (::ff0000) horribly misclicked and pressed @greenFlag instead.:: hat :: events 
Summon Evil Kumquats using (((((((((((((:D):: motion):: motion):: motion):: motion):: motion):: motion):: motion):: motion):: motion):: motion):: motion :: motion)
among_us1w2
Scratcher
1000+ posts

TheEpikGamer211 wrote:

yall are saying this is for the entire site, although the title clearly says "make a catch editor dark theme"
true fr fr
honestly if it was only the editor still support the thing is a flashbang on light plus purple (no offense)

scratchers on the forums from 10-500 posts have at most, a 7 short sentence span for replies. if you cant keep your posts in this range, then dont act suprised when someone asks for simplified version
bag randomizer for good games
experience the true chicken nuggies theft simulator : gobo | story
(Removed by Moderator - People with a TV head for a profile picture cannot discuss about the heart and soul of art) /j
OwO :: #44bd8d
^-^ :: #44bd8d
mumu245
Scratcher
1000+ posts

starlightsparker wrote:

(#3577)
Maybe keep the top bar purple though.
It should be customisable. Purple would be too striking on a dark background.

select this text then press Ctrl+Shift+Down to read more
sonic__fan
Scratcher
1000+ posts

TheEpikGamer211 wrote:

If it was added to the editor, I don't think it'd be hard to add it to the rest of the site, and it'd make little sense for a dark mode to be trapped to the editor.

This is my signature. It is not a part of this post and it appears under every post I make.
Sonic Says
Every world has its end. I know that's kinda sad, but, that's why we have to live life to the fullest in the time we have. At least… that's what I figure.
Hey there, I'm sonic__fan. I just look for good suggestions to add to Scratch.
TECHNOBLADE NEVER DIES