Discuss Scratch

nathanprocks
Scratcher
1000+ posts

Scratch 3.0

WolfCat67 wrote:

nathanprocks wrote:

WolfCat67 wrote:

My browser / operating system: Windows NT 10.0, Chrome 51.0.2704.79, Flash 25.0 (release 0)
Also, more information about it: It seems that the text re-aligns itself whenever I hover the mouse pointer over it, however whenever there's a change on the screen (such as scrolling), the blocks switch back to having it off-centre.
Your Chrome version is outdated by almost a year. Try updating to the latest version (58.0.3029.96).
I don't use Chrome, but rather Microsoft Edge. I'm not sure why it says it's Chrome, but it must recognize it as such.
It looks like the Scratch forums hasn't been updated to detect Edge. The user agent string for Edge looks like this:
Mozilla/5.0 (Windows NT 10.0; <64-bit tags>) AppleWebKit/<WebKit Rev> (KHTML, like Gecko) Chrome/<Chrome Rev> Safari/<WebKit Rev> Edge/<EdgeHTML Rev>.<Windows Build>
Which is very similar to Chrome's user agent, e.g. mine is:
Mozilla/5.0 (Macintosh; Intel Mac OS X 10_12_4) AppleWebKit/537.36 (KHTML, like Gecko) Chrome/60.0.3080.5 Safari/537.36

I'm guessing that Microsoft done this intentionally, since Internet Explorer has always been the least compliant browser to the latest web standards and many websites didn't work correctly in IE. If they made Edge's user agent similar to IE, many websites would tell the user to download a better browser.
If you paste your full user agent string, we can see exactly which Edge and Window 10 build you are running.

My browser / operating system: Macrosoft Winding XO, Internet Exploder 6.0, Angel Player ver.:1.2.5
;
Sigton
Scratcher
1000+ posts

Scratch 3.0

jromagnoli wrote:

You could just get a video recording software. Scratch does not need to supply you with something not for scratch.
It's in Scratch 2…

Sigton

jromagnoli
Scratcher
1000+ posts

Scratch 3.0

Sigton wrote:

jromagnoli wrote:

You could just get a video recording software. Scratch does not need to supply you with something not for scratch.
It's in Scratch 2…

Sigton
No, he was talking about a recording software that records your screen, not the editor.

ROAD TO 10,000 POSTS
████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░ 64%

If you can read this, my signature cubeupload has been eaten by an evil kumquat!
hehehe!Mytiptopsecrettopicidentifier!ahjdgggfhjadggahjsahasgdjfsdjfga

Sigton
Scratcher
1000+ posts

Scratch 3.0

jromagnoli wrote:

Sigton wrote:

jromagnoli wrote:

It's in Scratch 2…

Sigton
No, he was talking about a recording software that records your screen, not the editor.
He could mean paper minecraft

Sigton

Mewzer
Scratcher
100+ posts

Scratch 3.0

NickyNouse wrote:

grubeling wrote:

and can you add video recording

that strikes me as a really really bad idea when it comes to privacy and security
I was just about to say that.
ENGRISH
I was just saying that.

“Uh… Meow?”
~ Sonic the Hedgehog, 2020
thisandagain
Forum Moderator
500+ posts

Scratch 3.0

WolfCat67 wrote:

nathanprocks wrote:

WolfCat67 wrote:

thisandagain wrote:

WolfCat67 wrote:

Has anyone else been having the issue in the Scratch 3.0 GUI where the text on blocks is slightly off-center?

Also, is it just me, or does the text seem to move on the blocks sometimes, like when placed? It sometimes moves closer to the center in different cases. Hope this gets fixed eventually.
What browser are you using?
My browser / operating system: Windows NT 10.0, Chrome 51.0.2704.79, Flash 25.0 (release 0)
Also, more information about it: It seems that the text re-aligns itself whenever I hover the mouse pointer over it, however whenever there's a change on the screen (such as scrolling), the blocks switch back to having it off-centre.
Your Chrome version is outdated by almost a year. Try updating to the latest version (58.0.3029.96).
I don't use Chrome, but rather Microsoft Edge. I'm not sure why it says it's Chrome, but it must recognize it as such.

Ah. I see! Thanks for clarifying. We haven't done any work to resolve compatibility with Microsoft Edge or Internet Explorer at this time. If you'd like to check out our in-development work I recommend using the latest version of Chrome. Thanks!
Phanthomphax
Scratcher
73 posts

Scratch 3.0

I was excited since it was announced last 2016. I'm stuck at how limited Scratch 2.0 feels, and using advanced modified versions of Scratch such as Snap! (BYOB) gets the job done.
Phanthomphax
Scratcher
73 posts

Scratch 3.0

I have a suggestion for Audio Blocks in S3.0:
Setting volume for left and right earpiece.
set volume to L () % and R () %

Here's another one: Audio Layers
play sound [ v] by () secs, on layer ()
This gives the possibility to do more within just a layer
set volume to L () % and R () %, on layer ()
That's not just it. You can change the pitch, and it's tempo.

This is always my favorite in a Video Editing software. Normally, it gives you the right to control the way the project plays music along. I hope this to be implemented in Scratch.

Oh, and here's another suggestion: Layer-by-layer interface (both Audio and Sprites)
This suggestion is a little bit down, but it would be better if we'd know which sprite is on front, which audio is on 8th layer, etc.

Last edited by Phanthomphax (May 4, 2017 17:54:00)

nickeljorn
Scratcher
1000+ posts

Scratch 3.0

I want the Pen saturation blocks already!

"Just what is the Summer Solstice, besides the day I melt into a puddle of fuzzy puppy fluff?”-Isabelle, Animal Crossing New Leaf
QuantumSingularity
Scratcher
1000+ posts

Scratch 3.0

nickeljorn wrote:

I want the Pen saturation blocks already!
MEEE TOOOOO!!!!!
WolfCat67
Scratcher
1000+ posts

Scratch 3.0

These are the visual examples of the blocks that people have recently posted about here.

play sound [ v] for () secs at layer () :: sound

set volume to L: () % R: () % at layer () :: sound

change tempo of [ v] by () :: sound

set tempo of [ v] to () bpm :: sound

set pitch of [ v] to () :: sound

change pitch of [ v] by () :: sound

set pen saturation to () :: pen

change pen saturation by () :: pen

Just saying, though, people should post block ideas in the Suggestions forum (although they may have a higher chance of being viewed here to be honest).

Last edited by WolfCat67 (May 4, 2017 20:22:05)

ericr
Scratch Team
24 posts

Scratch 3.0

Phanthomphax wrote:

I have a suggestion for Audio Blocks in S3.0:
Setting volume for left and right earpiece.
set volume to L () % and R () %

Here's another one: Audio Layers
play sound [ v] by () secs, on layer ()
This gives the possibility to do more within just a layer
set volume to L () % and R () %, on layer ()
That's not just it. You can change the pitch, and it's tempo.

This is always my favorite in a Video Editing software. Normally, it gives you the right to control the way the project plays music along. I hope this to be implemented in Scratch.

Oh, and here's another suggestion: Layer-by-layer interface (both Audio and Sprites)
This suggestion is a little bit down, but it would be better if we'd know which sprite is on front, which audio is on 8th layer, etc.

Thanks for the suggestions for audio blocks! We already have worked on a couple of the things you mentioned. You can try them here.

We have a “pan left/right” effect, in the sound effects block, which lets you move the sound between the left and right speakers (it ranges from -100, all the way to the left speaker, to 100, for all the way to the right). Here's an example that lets you move the sound left and right with the mouse:

You also mentioned changing the pitch of a sound- we have a version of that too! Changing the pitch by 10 causes a change of one musical semitone (like the difference between C and C#), so a change of 120 is an octave. You can of course also change the pitch by a negative amount. It's pretty fun.

WolfCat67
Scratcher
1000+ posts

Scratch 3.0

ericr wrote:

- Snip -
Wow, that's pretty cool! Lots of effects, I see!

_nix
Scratcher
1000+ posts

Scratch 3.0

Audio effects can be fun for sure! https://youtu.be/uVCNYko-pi0

══ trans autistic lesbian enbydoggirls // 16 17 18 19 20 21, she/they
sparrows one word to the paragraph // <3 // ~(quasar) nebula
Phanthomphax
Scratcher
73 posts

Scratch 3.0

Perfect! I also like the collapse blocks in the 3.0 GUI editor, but will that change to something more specific like making the scripts collapse by right-clicking on them instead? And also, a delete clones block
delete all clones

But seeing from this GUI, I believe that the change is big and I'm excited to see more of it.
(Also, by looking into this GUI, there will be problems with backwards compatibility. I hope that's not the case.)

This is what I've created using the GUI so far. The effects are helpful in a lot of conditions regarding games, animations, multi-layered music, etc.

Last edited by Phanthomphax (May 5, 2017 07:37:54)

_nix
Scratcher
1000+ posts

Scratch 3.0

Phanthomphax wrote:

And also, a delete clones block
delete all clones
That's been suggested pretty much since clones were first introduced in 2.0 – it hasn't been implemented because there's a pretty simple workaround. Just make your sprites that get cloned have a when-I-receive that runs “delete this clone”, and use that broadcast to delete all of those sprites' clones.

══ trans autistic lesbian enbydoggirls // 16 17 18 19 20 21, she/they
sparrows one word to the paragraph // <3 // ~(quasar) nebula
Greenduck54
Scratcher
500+ posts

Scratch 3.0

WolfCat67 wrote:

snep

I honestly think some things with the sound effects should be changed. First of all,
set [pitch v] effect to (0)::sound
should be renamed to
set [speed v] effect to (0)::sound
Then, the pitch effect comes in as changing the pitch of the sound only, and not the speed
Then, a new tempo effect
set [tempo v] effect to (0)::sound
would change only the speed
This would be pretty useful for slowing down/speeding up a sound without changing the pitch (or changing the pitch without changing the speed)
Another block i'll suggest is
<running on [pc v]?::sensing>
which i won't put any details in because the original topic is linked in my signature
i'm too lazy to put the link here

I used to make stuff on here, now i just come on when i'm bored, don't expect anything from me now.
Last edited by Greenduck54 (Jan. 1, 2020 00:00:00)
oh no, the joke is dead because that time is no longer in the future :I
Last edited by Greenduck54 (Apr. 20, 2069 00:00:00)
that's better
;
Neutronz
Scratcher
100+ posts

Scratch 3.0

MegaApuTurkUltra wrote:

Ariyanq wrote:

Guys can u fix the lagging when u program
scratch 3 is w e b s c a l e
now all we need is to use electron for the desktop app and–

oops
xD

:)

NitroCipher
Scratcher
500+ posts

Scratch 3.0

After scratch 3.0 is finished, will it be consolidated into one github repo? Or will it continue to be in scratch-gui, scatch-vm, scratch-blocks, scratch-render, etc. ?

I hope my post helped you in some way! Post count: 500+

Current project: [s3Blocks: scratchblocks rewritten for Scratch 3.0] ::#4b4a60 //https://scratch.mit.edu/discuss/topic/290031/ Basically done!
This is my signature identifier “aWFtbml0cm9jaXBoZXI=”
Phanthomphax
Scratcher
73 posts

Scratch 3.0

_nix wrote:

Phanthomphax wrote:

And also, a delete clones block
delete all clones
That's been suggested pretty much since clones were first introduced in 2.0 – it hasn't been implemented because there's a pretty simple workaround. Just make your sprites that get cloned have a when-I-receive that runs “delete this clone”, and use that broadcast to delete all of those sprites' clones.
Yeah, I knew that when I heard of Scratch 2.0 beta (I was using Scratch 1.2 before), and I know how to construct workarounds. But it would be convenient if we can control clones on any sprite, and deleting them with just a single block than having to put when I receive-delete on every sprite. Just saying.

And here's another idea:
clear [all v]
clear [this sprite v]
clear [other sprites v]
This is a pen block

I don't know if this was suggested, but I'll leave it here