Discuss Scratch

titanscratch
Scratcher
100+ posts

Scratch 3.0

Jonathan50 wrote:

Sheep_maker wrote:

stickfiregames wrote:

How many years ago did they say they'd do that? I cant remember.
About 1.5 years ago
Wait, it was that long ago?? Wow
Yeah, it was.

Scratch Wiki Contributor • Active Forum User • New goal: 500 posts • 310/500 posts (62%)My projectsMy studiosMy profile

(-_-) // This is the Bob the good kumquat. He and his army fight evil kumquats.
(-@-) // This is one of the evil kumquats that eat up your signature!!!
:cool::cool::cool::cool::cool::cool::cool::cool::cool::cool::cool::cool::cool::cool::cool::cool::cool::cool::cool::cool::cool::cool::cool::cool::cool::cool::cool::cool::cool::cool::cool::cool::cool::cool::cool::cool::cool::cool::cool::cool::cool::cool::cool::cool::cool::cool::cool::cool::cool::cool::cool::cool::cool::cool::cool::cool::cool::cool::cool::cool::cool::cool::cool::cool::cool::cool::cool::cool::cool::cool::cool::cool::cool::cool::cool::cool::cool::cool::cool::cool::cool::cool::cool::cool::cool::cool::cool::cool::cool::cool::cool::cool::cool::cool::cool::cool::cool::cool::cool::cool::cool::cool::cool::cool::cool::cool::cool::cool::cool::cool::cool::cool:
scratchnic2008
Scratcher
46 posts

Scratch 3.0

Scratch 3.0 but the scripts palete in transparent
titanscratch
Scratcher
100+ posts

Scratch 3.0

scratchnic2008 wrote:

Scratch 3.0 but the scripts palete in transparent
What!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?

Scratch Wiki Contributor • Active Forum User • New goal: 500 posts • 310/500 posts (62%)My projectsMy studiosMy profile

(-_-) // This is the Bob the good kumquat. He and his army fight evil kumquats.
(-@-) // This is one of the evil kumquats that eat up your signature!!!
:cool::cool::cool::cool::cool::cool::cool::cool::cool::cool::cool::cool::cool::cool::cool::cool::cool::cool::cool::cool::cool::cool::cool::cool::cool::cool::cool::cool::cool::cool::cool::cool::cool::cool::cool::cool::cool::cool::cool::cool::cool::cool::cool::cool::cool::cool::cool::cool::cool::cool::cool::cool::cool::cool::cool::cool::cool::cool::cool::cool::cool::cool::cool::cool::cool::cool::cool::cool::cool::cool::cool::cool::cool::cool::cool::cool::cool::cool::cool::cool::cool::cool::cool::cool::cool::cool::cool::cool::cool::cool::cool::cool::cool::cool::cool::cool::cool::cool::cool::cool::cool::cool::cool::cool::cool::cool::cool::cool::cool::cool::cool::cool:
dmitry10504
Scratcher
3 posts

Scratch 3.0

I hope it is going to have a JS-based console too!

<pre>
Sprite1.changeX(-10);
Sprite1.penDown();
</pre>

Last edited by dmitry10504 (April 29, 2017 04:26:29)

Ed8
Scratcher
100+ posts

Scratch 3.0

There now is a new “new variable” popup when you make a new varable!

Scratch 3.0 is here!
thisandagain
Forum Moderator
500+ posts

Scratch 3.0

“Turbo Mode” has landed! No visual indicator yet, but you can toggle it by shift-clicking the green flag button.
jromagnoli
Scratcher
1000+ posts

Scratch 3.0

thisandagain wrote:

“Turbo Mode” has landed! No visual indicator yet, but you can toggle it by shift-clicking the green flag button.
Yay!

ROAD TO 10,000 POSTS
████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░ 64%

If you can read this, my signature cubeupload has been eaten by an evil kumquat!
hehehe!Mytiptopsecrettopicidentifier!ahjdgggfhjadggahjsahasgdjfsdjfga

AnimationWarriorCats
Scratcher
500+ posts

Scratch 3.0

In the GUI Github thingie, I can't find the drawing area for costumes/backdrops. Did I miss something?

“You procrastinate making videos, cause being judged is scary, you're so close to being forgotten, the hate's imaginary~”
“The internet is here, the internet is great, when you've got lots of followers who needs a real mate?”
“It's a good thing to be strange, normalness leads to sadness.”
“If you're insulting people on the internet, you must be ugly on the inside.”
thisandagain
Forum Moderator
500+ posts

Scratch 3.0

AnimationWarriorCats wrote:

In the GUI Github thingie, I can't find the drawing area for costumes/backdrops. Did I miss something?
Nope! You aren't missing anything. We haven't built that yet.
AnimationWarriorCats
Scratcher
500+ posts

Scratch 3.0

thisandagain wrote:

AnimationWarriorCats wrote:

Nope! You aren't missing anything. We haven't built that yet.
Thanks! I wasn't sure how to open it yet, and I was really confused XD
It should be pretty similar, right? Or will there be changes to the sprite/backdrop system, or possibly new blocks?

“You procrastinate making videos, cause being judged is scary, you're so close to being forgotten, the hate's imaginary~”
“The internet is here, the internet is great, when you've got lots of followers who needs a real mate?”
“It's a good thing to be strange, normalness leads to sadness.”
“If you're insulting people on the internet, you must be ugly on the inside.”
DeleteThisAcount
Scratcher
1000+ posts

Scratch 3.0

thisandagain wrote:

Yay! I was scared that turbo mode was not going to be added!
How would we activate it on mobile?
What if we can't use it on mobile :O
*deletes account*
jk pls no more alerts…. Constructive version:
How would we use it on mobile?

Last edited by DeleteThisAcount (May 2, 2017 17:16:33)

nickeljorn
Scratcher
1000+ posts

Scratch 3.0

thisandagain wrote:

Awesome!

"Just what is the Summer Solstice, besides the day I melt into a puddle of fuzzy puppy fluff?”-Isabelle, Animal Crossing New Leaf
Greenduck54
Scratcher
500+ posts

Scratch 3.0

thisandagain wrote:

(Also, side note, you can detect if turbo mode is on using this script:
when flag clicked
reset timer
repeat (10)
next costume
end
if <(timer) < [0.1]> then
set [turbo? v] to (1)
else
set [turbo? v] to (0)
end
useful if you forget if it's on or off xD)

Last edited by Greenduck54 (May 3, 2017 11:52:42)

I used to make stuff on here, now i just come on when i'm bored, don't expect anything from me now.
Last edited by Greenduck54 (Jan. 1, 2020 00:00:00)
oh no, the joke is dead because that time is no longer in the future :I
Last edited by Greenduck54 (Apr. 20, 2069 00:00:00)
that's better
;
thisandagain
Forum Moderator
500+ posts

Scratch 3.0

DeleteThisAcount wrote:

thisandagain wrote:

*deletes account*

We'll eventually add a top menu that will make it accessible for mobile.
DeleteThisAcount
Scratcher
1000+ posts

Scratch 3.0

thisandagain wrote:

DeleteThisAcount wrote:

thisandagain wrote:

*deletes account*

We'll eventually add a top menu that will make it accessible for mobile.
Nice!

stickfiregames
Scratcher
1000+ posts

Scratch 3.0

How are people finding the performance of 3.0? I find some of my more intensive projects are unplayable slow now.Should I assume they're still going to do a lot of optimisation?

My browser / operating system: Windows NT 10.0, Chrome 57.0.2987.133, Flash 25.0 (release 0)

If you can read this, my signature cubeupload has been eaten by an evil kumquat!

or you just used Inspect Element, you hacker

;
herohamp
Scratcher
1000+ posts

Scratch 3.0

thisandagain
Forum Moderator
500+ posts

Scratch 3.0

stickfiregames wrote:

How are people finding the performance of 3.0? I find some of my more intensive projects are unplayable slow now.Should I assume they're still going to do a lot of optimisation?

My browser / operating system: Windows NT 10.0, Chrome 57.0.2987.133, Flash 25.0 (release 0)

Sorry about that. We have a couple major performance bottlenecks that we are working to get resolved right now.
Austinato
Scratcher
1000+ posts

Scratch 3.0

herohamp wrote:

I hope you guys setup something like sweetalerts as using alert() does not look nice
Agreed.

7500+ posts (19th)
HelloKT5
Scratcher
34 posts

Scratch 3.0

NickyNouse wrote:

Has anyone downloaded the repo and set up a demo online? Let me know when you do, I wanna play with it
Here: https://llk.github.io/scratch-gui/ Note: there are blocks that are not in this demo yet and your project will not be saved. It is only for trial purposes, not for creating projects, some blocks work though. I hope this helps you

p.s. I've been looking for a demo too

Last edited by HelloKT5 (May 3, 2017 00:44:17)

~ HelloKT5
Check out my profile to see my projects