Discuss Scratch

WolfCat67
Scratcher
1000+ posts

Scratch 3.0

Has anyone else been having the issue in the Scratch 3.0 GUI where the text on blocks is slightly off-center?

Also, is it just me, or does the text seem to move on the blocks sometimes, like when placed? It sometimes moves closer to the center in different cases. Hope this gets fixed eventually.

NickyNouse
Scratcher
1000+ posts

Scratch 3.0

HelloKT5 wrote:

NickyNouse wrote:

Has anyone downloaded the repo and set up a demo online? Let me know when you do, I wanna play with it
Here: https://llk.github.io/scratch-gui/ Note: there are blocks that are not in this demo yet and your project will not be saved. It is only for trial purposes, not for creating projects, some blocks work though. I hope this helps you

p.s. I've been looking for a demo too
Thanks! haha I probably posted that most of a year ago xD
Sigton
Scratcher
1000+ posts

Scratch 3.0

NickyNouse wrote:

HelloKT5 wrote:

NickyNouse wrote:

Has anyone downloaded the repo and set up a demo online? Let me know when you do, I wanna play with it
Here: https://llk.github.io/scratch-gui/ Note: there are blocks that are not in this demo yet and your project will not be saved. It is only for trial purposes, not for creating projects, some blocks work though. I hope this helps you

p.s. I've been looking for a demo too
Thanks! haha I probably posted that most of a year ago xD
“May 17, 2016 15:05:51”

Sigton

thisandagain
Forum Moderator
500+ posts

Scratch 3.0

WolfCat67 wrote:

Has anyone else been having the issue in the Scratch 3.0 GUI where the text on blocks is slightly off-center?

Also, is it just me, or does the text seem to move on the blocks sometimes, like when placed? It sometimes moves closer to the center in different cases. Hope this gets fixed eventually.
What browser are you using?
Ariyanq
Scratcher
53 posts

Scratch 3.0

Guys can u fix the lagging when u program

time to redirect you. let's play some bedwars
WolfCat67
Scratcher
1000+ posts

Scratch 3.0

thisandagain wrote:

WolfCat67 wrote:

My browser / operating system: Windows NT 10.0, Chrome 51.0.2704.79, Flash 25.0 (release 0)
Also, more information about it: It seems that the text re-aligns itself whenever I hover the mouse pointer over it, however whenever there's a change on the screen (such as scrolling), the blocks switch back to having it off-centre.

Last edited by WolfCat67 (May 3, 2017 14:18:12)

MegaApuTurkUltra
Scratcher
1000+ posts

Scratch 3.0

Ariyanq wrote:

Guys can u fix the lagging when u program
scratch 3 is w e b s c a l e
now all we need is to use electron for the desktop app and–

oops

Last edited by MegaApuTurkUltra (May 3, 2017 14:25:26)

$(".box-head")[0].textContent = "committing AT crimes since $whenever"
nathanprocks
Scratcher
1000+ posts

Scratch 3.0

WolfCat67 wrote:

thisandagain wrote:

WolfCat67 wrote:

My browser / operating system: Windows NT 10.0, Chrome 51.0.2704.79, Flash 25.0 (release 0)
Also, more information about it: It seems that the text re-aligns itself whenever I hover the mouse pointer over it, however whenever there's a change on the screen (such as scrolling), the blocks switch back to having it off-centre.
Your Chrome version is outdated by almost a year. Try updating to the latest version (58.0.3029.96).

My browser / operating system: Macrosoft Winding XO, Internet Exploder 6.0, Angel Player ver.:1.2.5
;
Greenduck54
Scratcher
500+ posts

Scratch 3.0

grubeling wrote:

Please don't spam emojis, it adds nothing to the topic.
Anyway, is it a bug that monitors don't appear on screen even if checked (and blocks like
show variable [foo v]
hide variable [foo v]
don't work either…)

I used to make stuff on here, now i just come on when i'm bored, don't expect anything from me now.
Last edited by Greenduck54 (Jan. 1, 2020 00:00:00)
oh no, the joke is dead because that time is no longer in the future :I
Last edited by Greenduck54 (Apr. 20, 2069 00:00:00)
that's better
;
thisandagain
Forum Moderator
500+ posts

Scratch 3.0

Greenduck54 wrote:

grubeling wrote:

Anyway, is it a bug that monitors don't appear on screen even if checked (and blocks like
show variable [foo v]
hide variable [foo v]
don't work either…)
We haven't implemented monitors yet.
grubeling
Scratcher
21 posts

Scratch 3.0

thisandagain wrote:

Greenduck54 wrote:

grubeling wrote:

show variable [foo v]
hide variable [foo v]
don't work either…)
can you add
move () steps
broadcast [ v]
when [ v] key pressed
play sound [ v] until done
thisandagain
Forum Moderator
500+ posts

Scratch 3.0

grubeling wrote:

thisandagain wrote:

Greenduck54 wrote:

grubeling wrote:

show variable [foo v]
hide variable [foo v]
don't work either…)
can you add
move () steps
broadcast [ v]
when [ v] key pressed
Those blocks should all be working!
grubeling
Scratcher
21 posts

Scratch 3.0

thisandagain wrote:

grubeling wrote:

thisandagain wrote:

Greenduck54 wrote:

grubeling wrote:

show variable [foo v]
hide variable [foo v]
don't work either…)
can you add
move () steps
broadcast [ v]
when [ v] key pressed
Those blocks should all be working!
and can you add video recording
NickyNouse
Scratcher
1000+ posts

Scratch 3.0

grubeling wrote:

that strikes me as a really really bad idea when it comes to privacy and security

Last edited by NickyNouse (May 3, 2017 18:48:15)

WolfCat67
Scratcher
1000+ posts

Scratch 3.0

nathanprocks wrote:

WolfCat67 wrote:

thisandagain wrote:

WolfCat67 wrote:

Your Chrome version is outdated by almost a year. Try updating to the latest version (58.0.3029.96).
I don't use Chrome, but rather Microsoft Edge. I'm not sure why it says it's Chrome, but it must recognize it as such.

Ceo_
Scratcher
500+ posts

Scratch 3.0

NickyNouse wrote:

grubeling wrote:

that strikes me as a really really bad idea when it comes to privacy and security
I think he is speaking about recording the stage

grubeling
Scratcher
21 posts

Scratch 3.0

NickyNouse wrote:

grubeling wrote:

if you add video recording then you could video tape your self playing minecraft
jromagnoli
Scratcher
1000+ posts

Scratch 3.0

grubeling wrote:

NickyNouse wrote:

grubeling wrote:

if you add video recording then you could video tape your self playing minecraft
You could just get a video recording software. Scratch does not need to supply you with something not for scratch.

Last edited by jromagnoli (May 3, 2017 18:58:47)

ROAD TO 10,000 POSTS
████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░ 64%

If you can read this, my signature cubeupload has been eaten by an evil kumquat!
hehehe!Mytiptopsecrettopicidentifier!ahjdgggfhjadggahjsahasgdjfsdjfga

grubeling
Scratcher
21 posts

Scratch 3.0

jromagnoli wrote:

grubeling wrote:

NickyNouse wrote:

grubeling wrote:

You could just get a video recording software. Scratch does not need to supply you with something not for scratch.
okay
Ceo_
Scratcher
500+ posts

Scratch 3.0

jromagnoli wrote:

grubeling wrote:

NickyNouse wrote:

grubeling wrote:

Yes. I recommend Open Broadcasting Software.