Discuss Scratch

Ed8
Scratcher
100+ posts

Scratch 3.0

Bug: Using
move (-10) steps
makes the x position NAN, and the sprite stop displaying.
However, in scratch 2.0, using

move (-10) steps
makes it move backwards 10 steps.

Last edited by Ed8 (May 22, 2017 01:34:35)

Scratch 3.0 is here!
_nix
Scratcher
1000+ posts

Scratch 3.0

Ed8 wrote:

Bug: Using
move (-10) steps
makes the x position NAN, and the sprite stop displaying.
However, in scratch 2.0, using

move (-10) steps
makes it move backwards 10 steps.
Really? That's weird, it works as one would expect (i.e. like in 2.0) for me.. What web browser are you using?

My browser / operating system: MacOS Macintosh X 10.12.4, Chrome 58.0.3029.110, Flash 25.0 (release 0)

══ trans autistic lesbian enbydoggirls // 16 17 18 19 20 21, she/they
sparrows one word to the paragraph // <3 // ~(quasar) nebula
Ed8
Scratcher
100+ posts

Scratch 3.0

My browser / operating system: MacOS Macintosh X 10.12.4, Chrome 58.0.3029.110, Flash 25.0 (release 0)

(No I didn't use copy/paste)

Edit: working now - so strange.

Edit again: It is the varable watchers. Using
move (10) steps
adds to them, making the position a string.

Last edited by Ed8 (May 22, 2017 01:53:45)

Scratch 3.0 is here!
EpicCoder2002
Scratcher
100+ posts

Scratch 3.0

Macie1234 wrote:

I hope they don't change the file format… It would break hacked blocks and things like Tosh…
I guess hacked blocks would mainly be used for the offline editor, then. Depending on what 3.0 is like, I might keep both that and 2.0. If they really are changing it to .sb3 or something, they would probably have offline projects convert when uploaded online.

;
_nix
Scratcher
1000+ posts

Scratch 3.0

Here's a video of the newest pulled feature of Scratch 3.0: https://streamable.com/q4mbo

So now hovering your mouse over sounds in the sound library – without clicking – plays the sound (clicking once confirms the sound as your selection; before you had to double-click).

My biggest concern is people moving their mouse over scream-male1..

Okay, just kidding; my actual biggest concern is how this works on mobile devices? Since tapping once now will confirm your selection, the only way to preview sounds would be by dragging a finger over the sound you want to select (since that'd be considered scrolling, not “clicking”). I haven't tested it, though!

I do like this, though. It'll help with discovering a lot of the good old music loops everybody's seemed to have forgotten nowadays.

CatIsFluffy
Scratcher
100+ posts

Scratch 3.0

(is using Scratch 3.0) (goes to select a sound) (a bunch of random noises) No support.
Sigton
Scratcher
1000+ posts

Scratch 3.0

CatIsFluffy wrote:

No support.
lol this isn't a suggestion.

Sigton

CatIsFluffy
Scratcher
100+ posts

Scratch 3.0

I can still No Support it. Also, the mobile issues that people pointed out above.
SirShadow
Scratcher
90 posts

Scratch 3.0

I disagree with that idea too, it's not like I actually wanna hear every sound as I scroll to the one I want to select

Last edited by SirShadow (May 24, 2017 17:05:58)

Wow, this guy is 17 and still hasn't put out a cool project yet? Guess he's just a washed up old man, eh?
I'm so much more skilled now that looking back on my projects fills me with distorted amusement. Tragic, but still funny.
jromagnoli
Scratcher
1000+ posts

Scratch 3.0

SirShadow wrote:

I disagree with that idea too, it's not like I actually wanna hear every sound as I scroll to the one I want to hear
Hovering is different than just sliding your mouse across.

ROAD TO 10,000 POSTS
████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░ 64%

If you can read this, my signature cubeupload has been eaten by an evil kumquat!
hehehe!Mytiptopsecrettopicidentifier!ahjdgggfhjadggahjsahasgdjfsdjfga

SirShadow
Scratcher
90 posts

Scratch 3.0

I haven't actually used it, but according CatIsFluffy it is when you're just sliding across.

Last edited by SirShadow (May 24, 2017 17:09:26)

Wow, this guy is 17 and still hasn't put out a cool project yet? Guess he's just a washed up old man, eh?
I'm so much more skilled now that looking back on my projects fills me with distorted amusement. Tragic, but still funny.
CatIsFluffy
Scratcher
100+ posts

Scratch 3.0

Yeah. Hover=your mouse is touching it. Like how when you hover over a link it gets underlined.
_nix
Scratcher
1000+ posts

Scratch 3.0

jromagnoli wrote:

SirShadow wrote:

I disagree with that idea too, it's not like I actually wanna hear every sound as I scroll to the one I want to hear
Hovering is different than just sliding your mouse across.
As somebody who has tested it, it is just moving your mouse over the sounds that makes them play.

Phanthomphax
Scratcher
73 posts

Scratch 3.0

When the project saves, it publishes automatically. Please fix that.

Make saving as a draft, then publishing as a separate thing. (Workaround would be using offline editor, but limitations is there on offline editor)
Just like sharing a project that hasn't been shared, but instead a modification of the project.

Last edited by Phanthomphax (May 25, 2017 01:44:24)

CatIsFluffy
Scratcher
100+ posts

Scratch 3.0

Support!
scratchisthebest
Scratcher
1000+ posts

Scratch 3.0

_nix wrote:

my actual biggest concern is how this works on mobile devices? Since tapping once now will confirm your selection, the only way to preview sounds would be by dragging a finger over the sound you want to select (since that'd be considered scrolling, not “clicking”). I haven't tested it, though!

I imagine one good way to implement this would be - tap once to preview, tap again on the same music track to select. Probably the most intuitive way to go about that? Checks all the boxes:

✔ makes intuitive sense
✔ doesn't need a tiny Preview button
✔ somewhat similar to the desktop experience

I do like this, though. It'll help with discovering a lot of the good old music loops everybody's seemed to have forgotten nowadays.
eggs is the best music track and if it gets removed in scratch 3 i will be

MILDLY UPSET

I am a Lava Expert
DeleteThisAcount
Scratcher
1000+ posts

Scratch 3.0

You can't even preview the sounds on mobile
My browser / operating system: Android Linux 7.0, Chrome 58.0.3029.83, No Flash version detected

Ed8
Scratcher
100+ posts

Scratch 3.0

All the libraries have been updated! Go check it out!

Scratch 3.0 is here!
Forested
Scratcher
100+ posts

Scratch 3.0

There’s new sound blocks and everything! Visit its page here for more information: https://wiki.scratch.mit.edu/wiki/3.0 AND GRIFFPATCH’S WORKING ON IT!!!!!!

#Bring_it_back

Forested’s testing :: hat #FF0000
set main colour to [#00BF9A] :: #FF8000
mix colour [#00BF9A] with [#FF9999] :: #FFE300
spend [6 v] tokens on buying [baby snail v] :: #00E300
send [Hugs] to user [RuffilianHoliday v] to [float around the page v] :: #00FFFF
update [2.0 v] to [3.0 v] and [Yay! Scratch three!] :: #0000FF
the world is happy :: #CB00FF
SirShadow
Scratcher
90 posts

Scratch 3.0

Forested wrote:

There’s new sound blocks and everything! Visit its page here for more information: https://wiki.scratch.mit.edu/wiki/3.0 AND GRIFFPATCH’S WORKING ON IT!!!!!!

no, he's just helping out/ bugfixing

he's not actually a part of the project