Discuss Scratch

ArrowlineDragon
Scratcher
1000+ posts

A Series Of Unfortunate Events!

I hope This is not necroposting:

I absolutely love this series!
My favorite character is Sunny and
My favorite book was… I can't pick, I love them ALL!
I was not disappointed by the end, it was realistic because it wasn't “The End”, the story continues.

last edited by Beatrice 5/66/6/43

Last edited by Fëanor (Sep. 22, SR 1368 3:79:01)

“Adventures are nasty disturbing uncomfortable things that make you late for dinner!”- Bilbo Baggins

“To die will be an awfully big adventure.”
- Peter Pan

Want to help us make an animated adaptation of J.R.R. Tolkien's amazing book, The Lord of the Rings? Click here(Studio) or here(Thread)!
buckbeak123
Scratcher
2 posts

i love them so much it only took me less than a day to read 3!!!
hypermarvelfan99
Scratcher
57 posts

My little sister is on the last book.

Want a laugh? THEN CLICK BELOW.
https://scratch.mit.edu/projects/70003554/
THE FANTASTIC FOUR RULES!
Smile vault :
Official_Ant
New to Scratch
18 posts

Oh wow, I remember reading all of the books. I read the first one and kind of got hooked.
emugee
Scratcher
55 posts

Animeboy975 wrote:

I read the whole series in the 4th grade.
Me, too! I love the series so so sooo much!
when green flag clicked
if <[Awesome Book Series] = [A Series of Unfortunate Events]> then
say [I love these books!] for (2) secs
end

Thunder looked up at me.
“What will we do?” she asked me. She was obviously expecting me to answer, to have a plan.
“I don’t know, Thunder,” I replied.
“But whatever happens, we’ll do it together,”

Section from my book: -Four of Fire, Four of Air
FlyingTurtal
Scratcher
16 posts

“The world is quiet here”

Like painting? check out my painting game!
Hermes–>the real hermit crab:)
Whitetiger456
Scratcher
500+ posts

-aesthetic-
Scratcher
21 posts

There is a series on Netflix that is called A Series of Unfortunate Events and I've seen the trailer for it and it looks really good.
CellularData
Scratcher
500+ posts

SPOILER WARNING

so me and someone i know read ALL of the books in like 3rd-4th grade. this kid at my school (we are all in 7th grade now, btw) was talking about how he made a mashup of a bunch of random things, and started repeatedly talking about violet baudelaire.

this is what happened:
kid A: *talks about violet*
kid B: oh, a series of unfortunate events? oh, that doesn't end very well… they all end up on this island with a little baby and…
kid A: stop spoiling it!!!!!

then the next day, this happened to me:
kid A: i'm so annoyed because kid B spoiled the miserable mill for me

HE THOUGHT THE MISERABLE MILL WAS THE LAST ONE

A signature is a small piece of text that is attached to your posts. In it, you can enter just about anything you like. Perhaps you would like to enter your favourite quote or your star sign. It's up to you! In your signature you can use BBCode if it is allowed in this particular forum. You can see the features that are allowed/enabled listed below whenever you edit your signature.

favorite quote: “A signature is a small piece of text that is attached to your posts. In it, you can enter just about anything you like. Perhaps you would like to enter your favourite quote or your star sign. It's up to you! In your signature you can use BBCode if it is allowed in this particular forum. You can see the features that are allowed/enabled listed below whenever you edit your signature.”
star sign: cancer
firefang16
Scratcher
500+ posts

CellularData wrote:

SPOILER WARNING

so me and someone i know read ALL of the books in like 3rd-4th grade. this kid at my school (we are all in 7th grade now, btw) was talking about how he made a mashup of a bunch of random things, and started repeatedly talking about violet baudelaire.

this is what happened:
kid B: oh, a series of unfortunate events? oh, that doesn't end very well… they all end up on this island with a little baby and…

oh jeez

(miserable mill is my favorite though i do love the reptile room)

hi
jji10
Scratcher
1000+ posts

firefang16 wrote:

CellularData wrote:

SPOILER WARNING

this is what happened:

oh jeez

(miserable mill is my favorite though i do love the reptile room)
Gum for lunch lol.

“Yipee, I did it!” the man said with glee,
“I've solved that darned riddle, I've solved it, you see!”
The sphinx simply smiled and shook her strange head,
“I'm afraid you're wrong, and therefore you're dead.”
CellularData
Scratcher
500+ posts

so i was watching the thing on netflix with my sister and every 3 seconds she would pause it to ask what a word meant.

then i just said “this is a series of unfortunate events. they define basically every word after they use it”

A signature is a small piece of text that is attached to your posts. In it, you can enter just about anything you like. Perhaps you would like to enter your favourite quote or your star sign. It's up to you! In your signature you can use BBCode if it is allowed in this particular forum. You can see the features that are allowed/enabled listed below whenever you edit your signature.

favorite quote: “A signature is a small piece of text that is attached to your posts. In it, you can enter just about anything you like. Perhaps you would like to enter your favourite quote or your star sign. It's up to you! In your signature you can use BBCode if it is allowed in this particular forum. You can see the features that are allowed/enabled listed below whenever you edit your signature.”
scratchthecat220
Scratcher
9 posts

I just started to read the books, I'm about to read “The Miserable Mill.” It's a pretty good series so far.

Teacher! My evil kumquat ate my signature!
firefang16
Scratcher
500+ posts

scratchthecat220 wrote:

I just started to read the books, I'm about to read “The Miserable Mill.” It's a pretty good series so far.

The Miserable Mill is my favorite, but all of them are amazing.

hi
jji10
Scratcher
1000+ posts

Does someone want to mow my lawn? I'll give you a couple pizza coupons.

…reference anyone?

“Yipee, I did it!” the man said with glee,
“I've solved that darned riddle, I've solved it, you see!”
The sphinx simply smiled and shook her strange head,
“I'm afraid you're wrong, and therefore you're dead.”
PecanPi314
Scratcher
1000+ posts

I've read the first two books, but unfortunately don't have all of them. However, I am currently on the 1st part of the last episode of season one of the Netflix series, and it's really good. It follows the books very closely. If you're a fan of the books, I would definitely suggest you watch it.

in west philadelphia born and raised

CellularData
Scratcher
500+ posts

PecanPi314 wrote:

It follows the books very closely.
I have never heard something more incorrect, and I have been told a lot of wrong things.

The Netflix series doesn't come CLOSE to following the books. I mean, yeah, you've got some of the exact same jokes (He found himself reading the same sentence over and over. He found himself reading the same sentence over and over.) but so much is different. That little telescope thingy? I never remember that existing in the book. Also, the statue in the end of the Reptile Room? WHAT WAS THAT? That wasn't in the book!!! They had no idea if Josephine was going to tell them information in the book, while in the Netflix thing, a STATUE told them, “Hey, your Aunt Josephine is going to tell you a bunch of stuff about your parents.” Maybe I forgot something that was in the book, but it seems pretty clear that the Netflix series is taking a different route (although I read online that it would end up in the same place eventually.)

PecanPi314
Scratcher
1000+ posts

CellularData wrote:

PecanPi314 wrote:

I have never heard something more incorrect, and I have been told a lot of wrong things.

The Netflix series doesn't come CLOSE to following the books. I mean, yeah, you've got some of the exact same jokes (He found himself reading the same sentence over and over. He found himself reading the same sentence over and over.) but so much is different. That little telescope thingy? I never remember that existing in the book. Also, the statue in the end of the Reptile Room? WHAT WAS THAT? That wasn't in the book!!! They had no idea if Josephine was going to tell them information in the book, while in the Netflix thing, a STATUE told them, “Hey, your Aunt Josephine is going to tell you a bunch of stuff about your parents.” Maybe I forgot something that was in the book, but it seems pretty clear that the Netflix series is taking a different route (although I read online that it would end up in the same place eventually.)
Whoops, I forgot about that stuff. It doesn't follow them VERY closely, but I'll just say it's better than the movie

in west philadelphia born and raised

SilverEagle
Scratcher
500+ posts

CellularData wrote:

PecanPi314 wrote:

The Netflix series doesn't come CLOSE to following the books.
It follows the books very closely like Harry Potter follows the books. Same characters, same major plot points, minor plot points, similar dialogue. They've kept most everything that made the original series great, everything they're adding just reinforces the mystery that the old series had. Most who watch the show read the books so they're adding mysteries for the people who think they know it all.

Trust me it follows the books very closely, they just added stuff to make it even better!

“Treat others how you wish to be treated”
CellularData
Scratcher
500+ posts

SilverEagle wrote:

Most who watch the show read the books
I don't think so. If that were true, then yeah, I'd totally be on board with what they're doing, but I know tons of people who watch the show and have never read the books. It kind of twists the story for those who haven't… But apparently it will end up in the same place, so it can't be TOO bad.