Discuss Scratch

LionHeart70
Scratcher
1000+ posts

A Series Of Unfortunate Events!

Bump.
Also, did anyone else see Season 2 of the Netflix show yet? I really thought the show got a lot better during then!

lh70 / nora/tobi / she-they pronouns / pansexual-demisexual / 14 / sagittarius / furry / artist / intp / stop-motion films / lbp / fall out boy / panic! at the disco / twenty one pilots / stranger things / a series of unfortunate events
“When you have a bad day, a really bad day, try and treat the world better than it treated you.” -Patrick Stump
“Music seems to hold everything together. It seems to make things not so chaotic sometimes. It seems to make things make more sense sometimes.” -Tyler Joseph
“You'll fear your fears forever if you never do things you're afraid of.” -Josh Dun
“I'm still figuring out who I am, but I know I'm not who I was.” -Brendon Urie
-ColorMaster-
Scratcher
1000+ posts

series of LIES

read the first book a while ago, said that there was never anything good that would happen on the back

and then the ending was a good thing that happened

Just a baseball nerd with an absurdist sense of humor.

creator of more than 7 posts, each one stupider than the one before

CellularData
Scratcher
500+ posts

spoiler warning for fake fans who are only in this for the netflix series

-ColorMaster- wrote:

series of LIES

read the first book a while ago, said that there was never anything good that would happen on the back

the ending of the book series is that the 3 of them get stranded on an island with somebody elses baby to keep track of, and im pretty sure theyre implied to have soon died

yep so fortunate

A signature is a small piece of text that is attached to your posts. In it, you can enter just about anything you like. Perhaps you would like to enter your favourite quote or your star sign. It's up to you! In your signature you can use BBCode if it is allowed in this particular forum. You can see the features that are allowed/enabled listed below whenever you edit your signature.

favorite quote: “A signature is a small piece of text that is attached to your posts. In it, you can enter just about anything you like. Perhaps you would like to enter your favourite quote or your star sign. It's up to you! In your signature you can use BBCode if it is allowed in this particular forum. You can see the features that are allowed/enabled listed below whenever you edit your signature.”
star sign: cancer
Ryasis
Scratcher
1000+ posts

CellularData wrote:

-ColorMaster- wrote:

series of LIES

the ending of the book series is that the 3 of them get stranded on an island with somebody elses baby to keep track of, and im pretty sure theyre implied to have soon died

yep so fortunate
Because true fans are a thing

Smug scottish ego
-ColorMaster-
Scratcher
1000+ posts

CellularData wrote:

-ColorMaster- wrote:

series of LIES

yep so fortunate
oh wait i must be thinking of a different series, but i only ever read the first book since i'm a filthy casual

Just a baseball nerd with an absurdist sense of humor.

creator of more than 7 posts, each one stupider than the one before

scrooge200
Scratcher
1000+ posts

I should read the series again. It was really good. I read it a few years ago, but I kind of zoned out around The Grim Grotto and didn't finish it. Back then, I probably wasn't old enough to understand everything that was happening.

I haven't seen the Netflix series, but if it's anything like that movie, I don't want to see it.

I've started reading another Lemony Snicket book - The Name of This Book is Secret. It's kind of like A Series of Unfortunate Events, except more fortunate.
PecanPi314
Scratcher
1000+ posts

scrooge200 wrote:

I should read the series again. It was really good. I read it a few years ago, but I kind of zoned out around The Grim Grotto and didn't finish it. Back then, I probably wasn't old enough to understand everything that was happening.

I haven't seen the Netflix series, but if it's anything like that movie, I don't want to see it.

I've started reading another Lemony Snicket book - The Name of This Book is Secret. It's kind of like A Series of Unfortunate Events, except more fortunate.
The Netflix series is way better than the movie. For one, they basically have 1 1/2 hours for each book, as each book has two episodes at about 40 minutes each, meaning they don't have to rush the story.

in west philadelphia born and raised

LionHeart70
Scratcher
1000+ posts

PecanPi314 wrote:

scrooge200 wrote:

The Netflix series is way better than the movie. For one, they basically have 1 1/2 hours for each book, as each book has two episodes at about 40 minutes each, meaning they don't have to rush the story.
Yeah, I agree. It also lets us see the story from the perspective of different characters as well, including Count Olaf. I honestly think it makes him a more interesting villain, as he can sometimes be more scary that way (such as in the Hostile Hospital when he was threatening Violet) and sometimes it can make him funny and even relatable too.
Along with that, it also lets us learn a little more about VFD, especially in season 2.
I haven't seen the movie, but I'm pretty sure it wasn't that good. I've heard that it mostly just tried to cram 3 books that were an hour and a half long into a movie that's an hour and 48 minutes long, which probably made it leave out a lot of details. I also heard that the movie focused way too much on comedy, when the series was supposed to have a mostly dark overtone. (The Netflix series does have some funny moments too, although I really think the writers understood more where and where not to put them.)
By the way, the casting choices for the Netflix series are EXCELLENT. Especially NPH as Count Olaf.

lh70 / nora/tobi / she-they pronouns / pansexual-demisexual / 14 / sagittarius / furry / artist / intp / stop-motion films / lbp / fall out boy / panic! at the disco / twenty one pilots / stranger things / a series of unfortunate events
“When you have a bad day, a really bad day, try and treat the world better than it treated you.” -Patrick Stump
“Music seems to hold everything together. It seems to make things not so chaotic sometimes. It seems to make things make more sense sometimes.” -Tyler Joseph
“You'll fear your fears forever if you never do things you're afraid of.” -Josh Dun
Ryasis
Scratcher
1000+ posts

scrooge200 wrote:

The Name of This Book isn't by Lemony

Smug scottish ego
lachlanatbakewell
Scratcher
500+ posts

I've only seen the nickelodeon movie, it was ok, 8/10.

Just a weirdo who chills here from time to time.
LionHeart70
Scratcher
1000+ posts

lachlanatbakewell wrote:

I've only seen the nickelodeon movie, it was ok, 8/10.
I've heard the movie is decent, but I can guess already that the Netflix series is way better (I've read the books up to The Carnivorous Carnival and watched the entire Netflix series so far)

PIANISTWARRIOR
Scratcher
35 posts

kaylacap wrote:

PIANISTWARRIOR wrote:

I REALLY like those books!
when green flag clicked
say [I like it!!!!]
Yeah books r always better than movies/shows
They are, but I do like the Netflix series.

Here are some projects that I made with Hoppel_Rabbit6024!

One Ring Studio
CellularData
Scratcher
500+ posts

Ryasis wrote:

CellularData wrote:

-ColorMaster- wrote:

series of LIES

yep so fortunate
Because true fans are a thing
it's called a joke

-ColorMaster- wrote:

CellularData wrote:

-ColorMaster- wrote:

series of LIES

yep so fortunate
oh wait i must be thinking of a different series, but i only ever read the first book since i'm a filthy casual

no that's the ending of the entire series

the ending of the first book is where they were being sent off to their Actually Cool uncle's house
but then the uncle dies and they get kidnapped by count olaf again, so

A signature is a small piece of text that is attached to your posts. In it, you can enter just about anything you like. Perhaps you would like to enter your favourite quote or your star sign. It's up to you! In your signature you can use BBCode if it is allowed in this particular forum. You can see the features that are allowed/enabled listed below whenever you edit your signature.

favorite quote: “A signature is a small piece of text that is attached to your posts. In it, you can enter just about anything you like. Perhaps you would like to enter your favourite quote or your star sign. It's up to you! In your signature you can use BBCode if it is allowed in this particular forum. You can see the features that are allowed/enabled listed below whenever you edit your signature.”
kaylacap
Scratcher
97 posts

-ColorMaster- wrote:

CellularData wrote:

-ColorMaster- wrote:

series of LIES

yep so fortunate

But have you guys realized that at the end of book 13, there is the 14th book that leaves the series on an uncertain, yet calming note? Also, y'all notice that people say 13 is an unlucky # but the series ends on the 14th book, therefore breaking the series of unfortunate events?

Please look at my stuuuuuuuuuf

I'm weird ok plz don't judge……………….

CellularData
Scratcher
500+ posts

kaylacap wrote:

-ColorMaster- wrote:

CellularData wrote:

-ColorMaster- wrote:

series of LIES

yep so fortunate

But have you guys realized that at the end of book 13, there is the 14th book that leaves the series on an uncertain, yet calming note? Also, y'all notice that people say 13 is an unlucky # but the series ends on the 14th book, therefore breaking the series of unfortunate events?
Be realistic, it's three kids stranded on a random island and they have to take care of someone else's baby. yes they did find that important book or whatever but that's not gonna help them live

I-Iz-A-Litten
Scratcher
1000+ posts

Love the series. For the books, I'm on The Miserable Mill.

under penalty of law this signature is not to be removed except by the consumer
I-Iz-A-Litten
Scratcher
1000+ posts

I got the Slippery Slope YAYYYYY

under penalty of law this signature is not to be removed except by the consumer
cool-scratch12345
Scratcher
22 posts

Read em' all!

Fine, this is a weird fave quote but…
“Only two things are infinite-the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not so sure about the universe.”~Albert Einstien
2GuysFullOfLies
Scratcher
100+ posts

I know that this forum is pretty much dead, But I wanted to say that The actual history of V.f.d is intresting

Hello!
MixItAllUp
Scratcher
100+ posts

bump

We need employees and customers! Click on the banner to find out more!