Discuss Scratch

BookOwl
Scratcher
1000+ posts

Non-photorealistic rendering projects

PullJosh wrote:

Hey Bookowl! Do you think you could find a solution to the jumping hover issue and fork my pen with the solution? I don't care if the solution requires JS… just get it to work please.

Firedrake969 wrote:

I'd suggest using x10, not 000webhost. The latter tends to be somewhat unreliable, and puts ads in your page.
GH pages works with custom domains (search for CNAME file) and is super easy for everyone to contribute to. Let's use that. (Oh, and they give crazy fast load times.)
OK, I'll take a look.
I agree to using github pages.

who needs signatures
chooper100
Scratcher
500+ posts

BookOwl wrote:

PullJosh wrote:

Hey Bookowl! Do you think you could find a solution to the jumping hover issue and fork my pen with the solution? I don't care if the solution requires JS… just get it to work please.

Firedrake969 wrote:

I'd suggest using x10, not 000webhost. The latter tends to be somewhat unreliable, and puts ads in your page.
GH pages works with custom domains (search for CNAME file) and is super easy for everyone to contribute to. Let's use that. (Oh, and they give crazy fast load times.)
OK, I'll take a look.
I agree to using github pages.

Well, I've already set up it using 000webhost now - I'm just waiting for everything to update now. I cancel the domain + account if you like though
Firedrake969
Scratcher
1000+ posts

PullJosh wrote:

Firedrake969 wrote:

Oh…. lol.
No clue why I didn't think of that.

@chooper - don't cancel the domain, but the account will probably be unnecessary.

Last edited by Firedrake969 (Sept. 11, 2015 19:55:34)

'17 rickoid

bf97b44a7fbd33db070f6ade2b7dc549
BookOwl
Scratcher
1000+ posts

PullJosh, I can't seem to find any issues. Could you please describe the problem to me?

who needs signatures
BookOwl
Scratcher
1000+ posts

I am trying to experiment with convolution kernels for stuff like edge detection. Here is what I have so far: https://scratch.mit.edu/projects/76374468/
It doesn't seem quite right though - it seems very over reactive.
The kernel I am using is
[ 0 1 0
1 -4 1
0 1 0 ]
Could somebody else take a look at it, please?

who needs signatures
Layzej
Scratcher
100+ posts

BookOwl wrote:

I am trying to experiment with convolution kernels for stuff like edge detection. Here is what I have so far: https://scratch.mit.edu/projects/76374468/
The kernel I am using is
[ 0 1 0
1 -4 1
0 1 0 ]

It's over my head, but @gtoal has this hidden in some of his projects. You may want to take a peak inside one of his.
chooper100
Scratcher
500+ posts

Layzej wrote:

BookOwl wrote:

The kernel I am using is
[ 0 1 0
1 -4 1
0 1 0 ]

It's over my head, but @gtoal has this hidden in some of his projects. You may want to take a peak inside one of his.

It's actually the base for all the filters in this project.
PullJosh
Scratcher
1000+ posts

I'll create a Github organization. We need a name, though. What should I call it?
BookOwl
Scratcher
1000+ posts

PullJosh wrote:

I'll create a Github organization. We need a name, though. What should I call it?
ScratchNPR-Website?
Did you see my post?

who needs signatures
ChocolatePi
Scratcher
1000+ posts

BookOwl wrote:

PullJosh wrote:

ScratchNPR-Website?
Did you see my post?
Why not just ScratchNPR? Also gh org names iirc never have hyphens and are CamelCase, while repo names have no uppercase letters and are snake-case
Firedrake969
Scratcher
1000+ posts

ChocolatePi wrote:

BookOwl wrote:

PullJosh wrote:

ScratchNPR-Website?
Did you see my post?
Why not just ScratchNPR? Also gh org names iirc never have hyphens and are CamelCase, while repo names have no uppercase letters and are snake-case
tell that to PullJosh please so I can rename Elemental to elemental

'17 rickoid

bf97b44a7fbd33db070f6ade2b7dc549
gtoal
Scratcher
1000+ posts

studio question… it currently says “75 projects” but the display is a number of complete rows of 4, so there can't be exactly 75 showing - however there's no “next page” button anywhere! Where are the missing projects? (at least one example: my warholiser is not on the page anywhere)
Layzej
Scratcher
100+ posts

gtoal wrote:

studio question… it currently says “75 projects” but the display is a number of complete rows of 4, so there can't be exactly 75 showing - however there's no “next page” button anywhere! Where are the missing projects? (at least one example: my warholiser is not on the page anywhere)

Scroll down and more projects should appear…
gtoal
Scratcher
1000+ posts

Layzej wrote:

gtoal wrote:

Scroll down and more projects should appear…

No, they don't! Hmmm… I wonder if something is broken because I have the Tampermonkey extensions active again? I turned them back on a few days ago…

G
Jonathan50
Scratcher
1000+ posts

If you are making a website, you may need to post here:
Links to Member-created Websites - Register Here

Not yet a Knight of the Mu Calculus.
CatsUnited
Scratcher
1000+ posts

ChocolatePi wrote:

BookOwl wrote:

PullJosh wrote:

ScratchNPR-Website?
Did you see my post?
I might go rename SoundBlocks to soundblocks, Cats-Site-django to cats-site-django and Cats-Site to cats-site next time I'm on the computer.

bottom text
PullJosh
Scratcher
1000+ posts

BookOwl wrote:

PullJosh wrote:

ScratchNPR-Website?
Did you see my post?
Sorry, I was gone for a while.

BookOwl wrote:

PullJosh, I can't seem to find any issues. Could you please describe the problem to me?

gtoal wrote:

Also I notice that when you remove the mouse from the zoomed image, it fades gradually but when you move into the image it appears immediately. It would be better to fade in the same way as it fades out.

PullJosh wrote:

It seems that the issue is rather sporadic - sometimes it works, sometimes it doesn't.
Also, I'm on Chrome (and I'd wager gtoal is too).
Layzej
Scratcher
100+ posts

BookOwl wrote:

The kernel I am using is
[ 0 1 0
1 -4 1
0 1 0 ]

brightness is often a negative number. You then set r, g, and b to brightness. Something is wrong there since you can't have a negative colour… can you?

Maybe normalize the result to 0-255? or pink if brightness >20, grey otherwise?
gtoal
Scratcher
1000+ posts

Layzej wrote:

brightness is often a negative number. You then set r, g, and b to brightness. Something is wrong there since you can't have a negative colour… can you?

Maybe normalize the result to 0-255? or pink if brightness >20, grey otherwise?

Any of the above.There might be a ‘right’ answer in a math class but not when the end result is for art…

another option is normalisation on some sort of non-linear scale to emphasize the median of the values. Sqrt or Log for example.
gtoal
Scratcher
1000+ posts

PullJosh wrote:

Also, I'm on Chrome (and I'd wager gtoal is too).

As it happens, I am.

G