By remixing my project!

who needs signatures
BookOwl
Scratcher
1000+ posts

Non-photorealistic rendering projects

PullJosh wrote:

BookOwl wrote:

For a hover effect, why not make the thumbnail scale up? You can still see the filter, but you also get feedback.
You guys might interested in the fact that scratch has an API for getting all of the projects in a studio, and also an API for getting project info (name, author, thumbnail, and other info) With that, we could probably create a dynamicly updating gallery.
Just a thought.
Not sure what you mean by making the thumbnail scale up.
<snip>
Sorry for not being clear, I made a simple website demoing what I mean. You can download it as a zip here.

who needs signatures
thejerwin
Scratcher
49 posts

Can you guys explain exactly how these filters work? I'd like to make my own.

I'm and Android nerd who sucks at coding. SEE MY OTHER ACCOUNT: @mapnap.

What is it with k–quats and sign——– (Sorry, a kumquat ate part of my signature)
liam48D
Scratcher
1000+ posts

thejerwin wrote:

Can you guys explain exactly how these filters work? I'd like to make my own.
We have a list of color codes for each pixel in an image - let's call this list imageData. Then we have a custom block to render your image at a specific point - let's call this block renderPixel. The block takes two arguments - x, and y. These represent the position in the list we're taking. A math function (see Layzej's original project) picks the color code for the given pixel (x, y) from the imageData list and stores it in a variable called color. Next, we render the image with a specific filter. Some filters take the RGB values from color and modify those; some distort the image itself! However, generally, they all use the set pen color to (color input), pen down, and pen up blocks. Have a look at some of the filters people have made and maybe you'll get ideas!

202e-202e-202e-202e-202e UNI-CODE~~~~~
gtoal
Scratcher
1000+ posts

liam48D wrote:

Have a look at some of the filters people have made and maybe you'll get ideas!

Also google image search may suggest some new areas to try.

One thing that we haven't tried yet is a proper stippling implementation - maybe you could give that a try? Have a look at

https://www.google.com/search?q=stipplegen&safe=active&biw=1366&bih=639&site=webhp&source=lnms&tbm=isch&sa=X&sqi=2&ved=0CAcQ_AUoAmoVChMI0vGQqN_rxwIVCBqSCh0qEQeF

for examples.

Graham
Layzej
Scratcher
100+ posts

The website template looks great. We have a ton of examples. What's the next step?
BookOwl
Scratcher
1000+ posts

Layzej wrote:

The website template looks great. We have a ton of examples. What's the next step?
Adding a home and about page, maybe?
We also need to find a place to host it.

who needs signatures
chooper100
Scratcher
500+ posts

What domain name do we want?

I guess it makes sense to keep this project free so I suggest using one of these free domain endings:
  • tk
  • ml
  • cf
  • gq

I can also get some free web hosting from here which I have used for several websites in the past
BookOwl
Scratcher
1000+ posts

How about scratchnpr.tk

who needs signatures
chooper100
Scratcher
500+ posts

BookOwl wrote:

How about scratchnpr.tk
Sounds nice!

I'll just wait for @gtoal and @layzej to give their opinions before creating it though
BookOwl
Scratcher
1000+ posts

chooper100 wrote:

BookOwl wrote:

How about scratchnpr.tk
Sounds nice!

I'll just wait for @gtoal and @layzej to give their opinions before creating it though
Thanks!

who needs signatures
gtoal
Scratcher
1000+ posts

chooper100 wrote:

BookOwl wrote:

How about scratchnpr.tk
Sounds nice!

I may have kicked this off but it's your project now! (by your I don't just mean chooper100, I mean everyone that's contributing) So go ahead and make decisions, I'm confident you all can handle this on your own.

Graham

WooHooBoy
Scratcher
1000+ posts

Scratchnpr sounds good! I will make another project sometime later.

considered harmful
Layzej
Scratcher
100+ posts

Sounds good to me too.
BookOwl
Scratcher
1000+ posts

Layzej wrote:

Sounds good to me too.
Ok, scratchnpr.tk it is!

who needs signatures
chooper100
Scratcher
500+ posts

gtoal wrote:

chooper100 wrote:

BookOwl wrote:

How about scratchnpr.tk
Sounds nice!

I may have kicked this off but it's your project now! (by your I don't just mean chooper100, I mean everyone that's contributing) So go ahead and make decisions, I'm confident you all can handle this on your own.

Graham

Y U ABANDON US?

LayZey wrote:

Sounds good to me too.

Okay, I'll register it now.

NOTE: Although I am happy to set up the site hosting, I do not want to be the person who finishes off programming the website - I just expect someone to give me a .zip download for me to upload once the site is ready.
BookOwl
Scratcher
1000+ posts

chooper100 wrote:

gtoal wrote:

chooper100 wrote:

BookOwl wrote:

How about scratchnpr.tk
Sounds nice!

Graham

Y U ABANDON US?

LayZey wrote:

Sounds good to me too.

Okay, I'll register it now.

NOTE: Although I am happy to set up the site hosting, I do not want to be the person who finishes off programming the website - I just expect someone to give me a .zip download for me to upload once the site is ready.
@PullJosh and I will program it.

who needs signatures
Firedrake969
Scratcher
1000+ posts

I'd suggest using x10, not 000webhost. The latter tends to be somewhat unreliable, and puts ads in your page.

'17 rickoid

bf97b44a7fbd33db070f6ade2b7dc549
PullJosh
Scratcher
1000+ posts

Hey Bookowl! Do you think you could find a solution to the jumping hover issue and fork my pen with the solution? I don't care if the solution requires JS… just get it to work please.

Firedrake969 wrote:

I'd suggest using x10, not 000webhost. The latter tends to be somewhat unreliable, and puts ads in your page.
GH pages works with custom domains (search for CNAME file) and is super easy for everyone to contribute to. Let's use that. (Oh, and they give crazy fast load times.)
WooHooBoy
Scratcher
1000+ posts

PullJosh wrote:

Firedrake969 wrote:

GH pages works with custom domains (search for CNAME file) and is super easy for everyone to contribute to. Let's use that. (Oh, and they give crazy fast load times.)
YES!

considered harmful