Discuss Scratch

chocolatepenguin
Scratcher
1000+ posts

Possible Solutions for the Problem of "ADD EVERYTHING" Studios

PhirripSyrrip wrote:

crainstudios wrote:

this is mean and heartless
Please elaborate, I'm interested. If I were being mean and heartless, I'd say “Banish all these studios from the lands of Scratch! Even though some have had lots of effort put into them, destroy it all!!!”
I'll stop deleting the comments until he's elaborated.

ScratchMaster106
Scratcher
100+ posts

Add me to the suppoort list I'm working on a project about this right now.

Join Super Mario Scratch!

I'm baaaaaaaaaaack
PhirripSyrrip
Scratcher
500+ posts

crainstudios wrote:

this is mean and heartless

crainstudios wrote:

see my profile and look at the studios
Listen, I think there has been a massive misunderstanding.

First of all, I want to make this clear. I do not disrespect in any way owners or curators of AE studios. One of my best friends on Scratch owns one and in no way do I treat him any differently from everyone else.

Secondly, this campaign is not a hate-campaign or a prompt to start a war on Scratch. This topic's 90 supporters at this moment, simply want there to be a way out of the problems that we believe AE studios cause. Notice the title of this topic: Campaign to Solve the Problem of “ADD EVERYTHING” studios. I made it very clear in my post that the aim of this is not to eradicate them from Scratch, I listed many, many alternative solutions. If any of these alternate solutions went into place, I really don't see why you would be upset- you would still be able to make and curate your studios and the supporters of this campaign would get what they want.

I also have a problem with your rival “campaign”. In many ways I find it rude and offensive, saying things such as “MIND YOUR OWN BUSINESS”, “GET THEM!” and “DESTROY THEM”. I ask you to please highlight ONE point of my, or any other Scratcher's campaigns that is rude or offensive, or mean or heartless towards you. We simply are asking the Scratch Team to notice this problem, and see if they agree with us.

You also offer very few arguments in your studios. While I will certainly accept, even encourage, any debating about the points raised in this post, saying “This is mean and heartless” really isn't helpful for anyone. I also doubt you read the first post and it seems like whenever someone says something against what you believe you just reply “*facepalm*” or “sigh…” which really doesn't help us understand what you're trying to say.

I also think that you are taking completely the wrong spin on things. It looks like you are turning this campaign into a Scratch war, you even called it a “war” in your latest project. I will be notifying a Scratch Team member to see if we can sort things out here, before it gets too out of hand.

Last edited by PhirripSyrrip (Aug. 25, 2013 21:30:23)

; ; ; ; ; ; ; ;You thought I'd get away from you, didn't you?!
crainstudios
Scratcher
13 posts

The War has already started. You're too late.

Play Stick Battler Today!
Become A Crainstudios member!
Support Add Everything Studios!
Become a Clonemaniac!
PhirripSyrrip
Scratcher
500+ posts

crainstudios wrote:

This sort of flame is unwanted on Scratch, just stop, seriously.

turkey3
Scratcher
1000+ posts

crainstudios wrote:

Have you not read the first post? We're not starting a flame war. We're trying to optimize the customization of accessibility and relations amongst projects and studios to better fit our enthrallment, which is often add everything studios. And man, is that a beautiful sentence!

Last edited by turkey3 (Aug. 25, 2013 21:57:16)

PhirripSyrrip
Scratcher
500+ posts

turkey3 wrote:

crainstudios wrote:

Have you not read the first post? We're not starting a flame war. We're trying to optimize the customization of accessibility and relations amongst projects and studios to better fit our enthrallment, which is often add everything studios. And man, is that a beautiful sentence!
I don't think s/he read the first post or my reply to her/his post….

And yes, that's a great sentence, how long did it take you to come up with that! If this campaign was a house, that sentence would be printed on a brass plate on the front of every door.

Last edited by PhirripSyrrip (Aug. 25, 2013 22:02:58)

Amazingamphy
Scratcher
15 posts

turkey3 wrote:

The solution, is quite simple: they should simply make a rule that states "studios must have a genre or theme to them, meaning you cannot create a studio that adds every project." That way, when they do ban them, the ST can give them a link to that rule.

I believe that this would cause more clogging, as some AE posters would make tiny studios just for some of their AE posts. These would cause the studios to end up in a worse position.
PhirripSyrrip
Scratcher
500+ posts

Amazingamphy wrote:

turkey3 wrote:

The solution, is quite simple: they should simply make a rule that states "studios must have a genre or theme to them, meaning you cannot create a studio that adds every project." That way, when they do ban them, the ST can give them a link to that rule.

I believe that this would cause more clogging, as some AE posters would make tiny studios just for some of their AE posts. These would cause the studios to end up in a worse position.
I'm not sure I see your problem? Why would they make tiny studios? And even if they did, with turkey3's rule, they could be reported if it was obvious that they were part of a collection of AE like projects.

turkey3
Scratcher
1000+ posts

PhirripSyrrip wrote:

Amazingamphy wrote:

turkey3 wrote:

I'm not sure I see your problem? Why would they make tiny studios? And even if they did, with turkey3's rule, they could be reported if it was obvious that they were part of a collection of AE like projects.
I changed my mind on that. I think anything should be allowed, but you should be able to
-remove your own projects from studios

Chainmanner
Scratcher
100+ posts

I've got an idea. How about instead of trusting others' “better judgement” to add in projects in studios, or adding in a limit, or not letting n00b33z make studios… how about instead it is added the feature of which users must request permission to have their projects added to galleries? People who want projects made by other people added into their galleries must request permission to add certain projects. There would be a GUI showing checkboxes of which projects to request to add, and then a box of which the requesting user is to type in the reason as to why they want them in. This can only be done to that specific user no less than 15 days apart. The users are not allowed to abuse this. This would be a great way of stalling, if not completely stopping, those spam studios.
Chainmanner
Scratcher
100+ posts

crainstudios wrote:

And this means YOU are the one who may end up getting banned.
cheddargirl
Scratch Team
1000+ posts

Hey guys,

I've been looking through some of the reports today, and I'm finding that there are lot of users on either side going to galleries and posting mean comments on them, or sabotaging them by pretending to be on one side but deleting the projects and curators. This has created a lot of work for the ST and is taking time away from other stuff that we want to focus on, such as the upcoming public release of the Scratch 2.0 offline player.

We realize that there is a lot of animosity regarding the state of Add Everything studios. But I suggest everyone on either side start cooling it down. The situation is making Scratch unfriendly, which is against the Community Guidelines. The situation regarding Add Everything studios isn't something to be overly aggressive about here.

Sadly, my forum signature was eaten by an evil kumquat.
turkey3
Scratcher
1000+ posts

cheddargirl wrote:

Hey guys,

I've been looking through some of the reports today, and I'm finding that there are lot of users on either side going to galleries and posting mean comments on them, or sabotaging them by pretending to be on one side but deleting the projects and curators. This has created a lot of work for the ST and is taking time away from other stuff that we want to focus on, such as the upcoming public release of the Scratch 2.0 offline player.

We realize that there is a lot of animosity regarding the state of Add Everything studios. But I suggest everyone on either side start cooling it down. The situation is making Scratch unfriendly, which is against the Community Guidelines. The situation regarding Add Everything studios isn't something to be overly aggressive about here.
Yeah, it has gotten somewhat aggressive, but I think this topic still points out some good things on studio capabilities. But yeah, many of these are just little kids having some fun, who we shouldn't get mad at. I think we should just simply be able to remove our own projects and be satisfied

Last edited by turkey3 (Aug. 26, 2013 01:59:31)

mitchboy
Scratcher
1000+ posts

cheddargirl wrote:

Hey guys,

I've only seen this on one side, but you've probably seen more than me, so I'll say you're right.

I've only been calm through this.

Capsicum annuum.
xXManTaManVidsXx
Scratcher
1 post

Plz guys… Can't we keep these and if someone wants to have 0 of there projects on these studios they just delete them?
Metalwasp
Scratcher
9 posts

derp4

Last edited by Metalwasp (Aug. 26, 2013 07:39:46)

Metalwasp
Scratcher
9 posts

how can I become a supporter???????
jh1234l
Scratcher
100+ posts

cheddargirl wrote:

Hey guys,

Yup. I have seen that too. There are certain users from both sides that are posting content that I think are mean, and they are even sometimes using the names of certain studios and scratchers, which is really disrespectful.

Two Advertising and sharing groups:
Scratch Cat's Hideout: Home Page / Advertise! / Members / Write A Review / Read A Review / FAQs
Scratching fame:

KPX
Scratcher
5 posts

Support for sure