Discuss Scratch

sockman101
Scratcher
100 posts

Possible Solutions for the Problem of "ADD EVERYTHING" Studios

turkey3 wrote:

ProdigyZeta7 wrote:

Williamja wrote:

BAN ADD EVERYTHING STUDIOS!!! THE ONLY STUDIOS MY GAMES ARE IN IS “ADD EVERYTHING HERE” STUDIOS AND I'M SICK OF IT! I WANT PEOPLE TO SEE THE STUDIOS I PUT MY GAMES IN NOT USELESS “ALL GAMES ARE HERE” STUDIOS!
-_- Yes, we know. But Paddle2See specifically said they aren't going to ban them just because we say they're pointless. They serve a teamwork purpose. But as more and more are being made, it seems more of a silly game to people rather than any actual teamwork involved. We're trying to find solutions to this craze to restore the true purpose of the studio.
I think the best solution is allowing you to remove your own projects.
I agree. Some other solutions are adding a limit to the number of projects in a studio, or when you add a project to the studio, it sends the scratcher a message like when they're invited to curate. Just a few ideas!
turkey3
Scratcher
1000+ posts

sockman101 wrote:

turkey3 wrote:

ProdigyZeta7 wrote:

Williamja wrote:

BAN ADD EVERYTHING STUDIOS!!! THE ONLY STUDIOS MY GAMES ARE IN IS “ADD EVERYTHING HERE” STUDIOS AND I'M SICK OF IT! I WANT PEOPLE TO SEE THE STUDIOS I PUT MY GAMES IN NOT USELESS “ALL GAMES ARE HERE” STUDIOS!
-_- Yes, we know. But Paddle2See specifically said they aren't going to ban them just because we say they're pointless. They serve a teamwork purpose. But as more and more are being made, it seems more of a silly game to people rather than any actual teamwork involved. We're trying to find solutions to this craze to restore the true purpose of the studio.
I think the best solution is allowing you to remove your own projects.
I agree. Some other solutions are adding a limit to the number of projects in a studio, or when you add a project to the studio, it sends the scratcher a message like when they're invited to curate. Just a few ideas!
Yep. It still gives them the freedom to make as many of these studios as they want, but it also gives usfreedoms that were restricted.

TechnolgyGuy
Scratcher
100+ posts

What is the point for adding random projects? Adding random projects is boring! I don't like how they are just adding all of the projects that they see!
Can I support? Thanks.

TechnolgyGuy

when green flag clicked
forever
be awesome
end
Happiny-64
Scratcher
76 posts

I COMPLETELY agree. I bet most of my projects are put in ADD ALL THE PROJECTS!!!!!1111 studios. t=These studios are used as spam like tags (such as waffles).

This account is dead. The user associated with this account has left this website. If you wish to continue seeing animations from this user, click on this link.
miniclipper
Scratcher
100+ posts

You are right. The scratch team seriously needs someone to work on this.

I'm a Developer!
creative_scratcher
Scratcher
6 posts

I really support this.

Last edited by creative_scratcher (Aug. 23, 2013 02:49:23)

mario91100
Scratcher
500+ posts

Some of my projects have been thrown in only add everything studios. I asked if the people that run them could remove them, but I haven't gotten a response.
ProdigyZeta7
Scratcher
1000+ posts

Post deleted. Reason: terrible idea.

Last edited by ProdigyZeta7 (Sept. 22, 2013 00:30:11)

Rumanti
Scratcher
1000+ posts

Recently I asked a New Scratcher, and owner of AE studio, why did they create it, and I also explain why we're sensitive about it. In reply, I got: (Grammar fixed to avoid confusion)

They wrote:

Hi, I just got invited to created* an Add Everything studio, so I don't know why. I've only got invited a two weeks ago. Sorry I don't know anything :'

*to curate ?

This don't give us much clues, but I'm guessing that they did it because everyone did it. Fad.

:wq
cheeseeater
Scratcher
1000+ posts

turkey3 wrote:

DotDash wrote:

sockman101 wrote:

I'm going around to all the studios with my projects in them and asking them politely to remove them. I think if enough of us do this we could make a difference. Also, it's not rude, because they're our projects and we should decide what studio they go in.
Well it's their studio and they can add whatever they want.
All we need is the ability to remove our own projects. Then, everything's solved.
If everyscratch user removed their projects then there would be none in the studios, then they would just fizzle out, becuse no one would let them back in again! But we only have a small amount of supporters, compared to the whole scratch user population!

Be carefull as well, sometimes asking to remove project from these studios can cause flame wars! Also, most studios i've seen don't use grammer or capital letters. Some don't even make sence like the ‘everybody’s projects anything add alot more projects' studio. Their notes are: “put anything at all if you are a curator then you can change the script,pic and title with me @(user) what I am saying is just ask ok bye”. Just a little fact.

PhirripSyrrip
Scratcher
500+ posts

ProdigyZeta7 wrote:

Wait a minute… I have the solution!

Someone who supports AE studios wrote:

They help new Scratchers get noticed.
While this may seem false for most of the time, the problem could be the adding of projects owned by already noticed Scratchers. What I propose is that they may keep the AE studios, but on these conditions:
  1. They may only add projects by new Scratchers, for new Scratchers.
  2. They cannot add projects that have been front-paged/have a fair amount of love-its.
  3. They must remove our projects when we say so.
Benefits for Pro-AE:
-They may keep their studios
-They may resume their goal of not only collecting many projects, but keeping in mind it's to only help unpopular Scratchers

Benefits for Con-AE:
-They won't have their projects in these studios
-They may ask for their projects to be removed anytime

Does this sound like a fair deal?
Points one and two won't work.

How do you distinguish between AE and non AE? Alright, most are called something like “Add anything and everything”,. but not all.
Also. there are so many of them it would be impossible to moderate point one and difficult to moderate point two.

An easier version of your third point is if we could just have the right to remove our own projects. Then, we don't need to worry if they listen to us or ignore us, especially on inactive AE studios.

; ; ; ; ; ; ; ;You thought I'd get away from you, didn't you?!
ProdigyZeta7
Scratcher
1000+ posts

PhirripSyrrip wrote:

ProdigyZeta7 wrote:

[snip]
Points one and two won't work.

How do you distinguish between AE and non AE? Alright, most are called something like “Add anything and everything”,. but not all.
Also. there are so many of them it would be impossible to moderate point one and difficult to moderate point two.

An easier version of your third point is if we could just have the right to remove our own projects. Then, we don't need to worry if they listen to us or ignore us, especially on inactive AE studios.
Ah, I see… I was tired, didn't think this through.

Maybe what studios need are a flexible way of removing projects:
Remove all projects with 20 or more love-its/500 or more views/10 or more remixes
Remove all projects by {this user}
Remove all projects by Scratchers/new Scratchers
Remove all projects with the tag {something}

And maybe something to prevent trolls from abusing this, like an undo button.

Last edited by ProdigyZeta7 (Sept. 22, 2013 00:30:42)

PhirripSyrrip
Scratcher
500+ posts

ProdigyZeta7 wrote:

Ah, I see… I was tired, didn't think this through.

Maybe what studios need are a flexible way of removing projects:
Remove all projects with 20 or more love-its/500 or more views/10 or more remixes
Remove all projects by {this user}
Remove all projects by Scratchers/new Scratchers
Remove all projects with the tag {something}

And maybe something to prevent trolls from abusing this, like an undo button.
I don't understand what this would achieve? They want to add every project on scratch, they won't remove anything unless you ask them- even then you'll be lucky if they listen.

; ; ; ; ; ; ; ;You thought I'd get away from you, didn't you?!
chocolatepenguin
Scratcher
1000+ posts

When my A Story…. project was in an AE studio, I asked 7334f to remove it, as he was a curator in the studio.

WindowsExplorer
Scratcher
500+ posts

I support, these are useless.
epninja
Scratcher
100 posts

I think the best way for the Scratch Team to end the problem would be to put a limit on the amount of projects per studio, perhaps 50, 100 or something. This would force the curator to think about what goes in their studio, and obviously disable further activity in AE studios.
cheeseeater
Scratcher
1000+ posts

They make scratch look messy, and shouty with the CAPS LOCK ON all the time to TRY AND SHOUT AND MAKE A POINT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
aidenpons
Scratcher
10 posts

Hmmm… great! This gets at everything and is pretty easy to do. You don't need to talk about whether they're new or not, just the love-it count.

EDIT: Derp. I don't still know how the quote button works. I was trying to quote the one solution that was talking about imposing restrictions on AE studios.

Last edited by aidenpons (Aug. 23, 2013 10:16:16)

You may note my overuse of tongue smileys in my posts…
I don't abuse it. THIS is abusing it:

……__
…_/….\_
..{_.<|>._} - - - - - - - - - A large, spiky object.
…..\__/

…..
aidenpons
Scratcher
10 posts

WOOT!

So far I've seen THREE projects on the top loved section, all talking about the uselessness of AE studios!

Let's hope the ST notices and does SOMETHING…. even if it's only just saying to us ‘Stahp!’ (obscure prouonication of ‘stop.’)

Then we'd know that they are taking notice.

So, I hope they do SOMETHING.

You may note my overuse of tongue smileys in my posts…
I don't abuse it. THIS is abusing it:

……__
…_/….\_
..{_.<|>._} - - - - - - - - - A large, spiky object.
…..\__/

…..
dr3w8
Scratcher
100+ posts

PhirripSyrrip wrote:

The original post
+1. The curators and owners of the AE studios probably wouldn't listen to me because I'm not well known on Scratch and they want to keep their collection so they can get their goal of “1,000,000 projects” (which I don't think will happen anytime soon)