Discuss Scratch

fluffycutekitten
Scratcher
29 posts

Possible Solutions for the Problem of "ADD EVERYTHING" Studios


fluffycutekitten wrote:

So the tags would be like cats, dogs, art, math ect. so this will improve the studios and will help new and old scratchers get introduced to new studios.

fluffycutekitten wrote:

Everyone is annoyed that the AE studios are getting in the way of the actual studios. But we could have a tab under explore for AE studios. Even thought I don't like AE studios this will be better then nothing. And then all this arguing will go away.

GameShnaz wrote:

fluffycutekitten wrote:

everyones annoyed that they are getting in the way of the actual studios. But we could have a tab under explore for AE studios. Even thought I don't like AE studios this will be better then nothing. And then all this arguing will go away.
I like this idea. Correction, arguing will be cut down, there will still be people fussing, but it will be less. It would really make a lot of people happier, although it could make a lot of people upset, as it could make AE owners proud they get their own section, while others could think they are getting special attention just because they are different.

fluffycutekitten wrote:

Well no if they have their own tab for AE studios mage we could have TAGS for studios this would help A LOT with find a studio you are interested in.

halfyou wrote:

marilynjosiahbojo wrote:

Junebug9427 wrote:

GameShnaz wrote:

fluffycutekitten wrote:

Well no if they have their own tab for AE studios mage we could have TAGS for studios this would help A LOT with find a studio you are interested in.
Tags would help a lot! You're right.
Studio tags? Brilliant.

Well, that's not a bad idea, but then other Scratchers might disguise their AE by not putting ‘Add Everything’ in the name.

I wrote:

We could make a list of things they could be called(Can we get x projects by so-and-so, Add projects, so on and so on.)
Just an idea.
This could also be implemented.
bestgameever
Scratcher
52 posts

Possible Solutions for the Problem of "ADD EVERYTHING" Studios

Hello, Scratch!
Before I introduce my point of view about AE studios, I will say some surprising statistics about them.


There are 361,404 studios on Scratch.

45% of those are AE studios.


On one AE studio, 33% of comments were asking to withdraw projects.

0% of those comments had replies.


On a past featured project, 45% of the studios it was in were AE studios.


Now, to introduce my topic.

I am strictly against AE studios, and I support peaceful actions against them. Like so many others in the AAE community, my main goal is peace. Now, at this point, you may be wondering: “I bet @bestgameever is just another Scratcher who hates AE studios for no reason.” Because there are those in the Scratch community who do that. They will get themselves banned because they begin Flame Wars over the AE studio, and Pro-AE Scratchers will do that. What is the result? Scratch loses minds that could lead a major breakthrough in Scratch programming. Not worth it.

My points are these:

1. The surprising statistics mentioned above.
2. Other surveys/stats including that 85% of AE curators will accept worthless projects to help them reach their goals.
3. Integration.
–That may seem like a good thing, right? Unless you spent weeks on a single project and it gets lumped in with projects that took a minute and are completely worthless. It happens, and it happened to me.
4. According to studies, AE studios take up 300 GB. More data usage, and Scratch may be a paid service just to support AE studios. Users will leave.
5. The discord it causes rips the community apart.

Leave your opinions, please.
gigapouch
Scratcher
1000+ posts

Possible Solutions for the Problem of "ADD EVERYTHING" Studios

bestgameever wrote:

Hello, Scratch!
Before I introduce my point of view about AE studios, I will say some surprising statistics about them.


There are 361,404 studios on Scratch.

45% of those are AE studios.


On one AE studio, 33% of comments were asking to withdraw projects.

0% of those comments had replies.


On a past featured project, 45% of the studios it was in were AE studios.


Now, to introduce my topic.

I am strictly against AE studios, and I support peaceful actions against them. Like so many others in the AAE community, my main goal is peace. Now, at this point, you may be wondering: “I bet @bestgameever is just another Scratcher who hates AE studios for no reason.” Because there are those in the Scratch community who do that. They will get themselves banned because they begin Flame Wars over the AE studio, and Pro-AE Scratchers will do that. What is the result? Scratch loses minds that could lead a major breakthrough in Scratch programming. Not worth it.

My points are these:

1. The surprising statistics mentioned above.
2. Other surveys/stats including that 85% of AE curators will accept worthless projects to help them reach their goals.
3. Integration.
–That may seem like a good thing, right? Unless you spent weeks on a single project and it gets lumped in with projects that took a minute and are completely worthless. It happens, and it happened to me.
4. According to studies, AE studios take up 300 GB. More data usage, and Scratch may be a paid service just to support AE studios. Users will leave.
5. The discord it causes rips the community apart.

Leave your opinions, please.

Scratch is so awesome, I don't want to have to pay for it. My thought is that when hard worked on projects get added to more and more studios, it either gets copied over and over again, or more and more shortcuts are being added which is a REAL waste of space!!!!!! Anyways, I am glad you can delete your own projects from studios now.

I have a Steam account. If you have one too, feel free to add me to your friends list.
Also check out my YouTube channel if you like the outdoors, Minecraft, cars, roller coasters, etc.
xlk
Scratcher
100+ posts

Possible Solutions for the Problem of "ADD EVERYTHING" Studios

bestgameever wrote:

Hello, Scratch!
Before I introduce my point of view about AE studios, I will say some surprising statistics about them.


There are 361,404 studios on Scratch.

45% of those are AE studios.


On one AE studio, 33% of comments were asking to withdraw projects.

0% of those comments had replies.


On a past featured project, 45% of the studios it was in were AE studios.


Now, to introduce my topic.

I am strictly against AE studios, and I support peaceful actions against them. Like so many others in the AAE community, my main goal is peace. Now, at this point, you may be wondering: “I bet @bestgameever is just another Scratcher who hates AE studios for no reason.” Because there are those in the Scratch community who do that. They will get themselves banned because they begin Flame Wars over the AE studio, and Pro-AE Scratchers will do that. What is the result? Scratch loses minds that could lead a major breakthrough in Scratch programming. Not worth it.

My points are these:

1. The surprising statistics mentioned above.
2. Other surveys/stats including that 85% of AE curators will accept worthless projects to help them reach their goals.
3. Integration.
–That may seem like a good thing, right? Unless you spent weeks on a single project and it gets lumped in with projects that took a minute and are completely worthless. It happens, and it happened to me.
4. According to studies, AE studios take up 300 GB. More data usage, and Scratch may be a paid service just to support AE studios. Users will leave.
5. The discord it causes rips the community apart.

Leave your opinions, please.

While I'm also against AE, but your statistics are doubt able. There are AE studios without comments asking projects to be removed, and some that have the manager saying no politely…
AE doesn’t waste memory, it wastes space and attention, like ads and pop ups….

PlasmaKairo
Scratcher
100+ posts

Possible Solutions for the Problem of "ADD EVERYTHING" Studios

How about instead of banning them all in general, we add another tab to studios that reads “My Projects in this Studio”
That way, it'll be much easier to delete your projects inside that AE.


xlk
Scratcher
100+ posts

Possible Solutions for the Problem of "ADD EVERYTHING" Studios

PlasmaKairo wrote:

How about instead of banning them all in general, we add another tab to studios that reads “My Projects in this Studio”
That way, it'll be much easier to delete your projects inside that AE.
Who would go there? You hit explore -> all and you get better than AEs…
What, you want top loved and curated stuff? Front page….
Pointless!

PlasmaKairo
Scratcher
100+ posts

Possible Solutions for the Problem of "ADD EVERYTHING" Studios

xlk wrote:

PlasmaKairo wrote:

How about instead of banning them all in general, we add another tab to studios that reads “My Projects in this Studio”
That way, it'll be much easier to delete your projects inside that AE.
Who would go there? You hit explore -> all and you get better than AEs…
What, you want top loved and curated stuff? Front page….
Pointless!
I mean on the studio, next to Curators, Activity etc.


Firedrake969
Scratcher
1000+ posts

Possible Solutions for the Problem of "ADD EVERYTHING" Studios

PlasmaKairo wrote:

How about instead of banning them all in general, we add another tab to studios that reads “My Projects in this Studio”
That way, it'll be much easier to delete your projects inside that AE.
Support this.

'17 rickoid

bf97b44a7fbd33db070f6ade2b7dc549
mathfreak231
Scratcher
1000+ posts

Possible Solutions for the Problem of "ADD EVERYTHING" Studios

bestgameever wrote:

Hello, Scratch!
Before I introduce my point of view about AE studios, I will say some surprising statistics about them.


There are 361,404 studios on Scratch.

45% of those are AE studios.
Rework your math; LD counted ~53k, not ~163k

On one AE studio, 33% of comments were asking to withdraw projects.

0% of those comments had replies.
On one AE studio,
one
Number one rule of research: ALWAYS REPEAT THE EXPERIMENT.

Now, at this point, you may be wondering: “I bet @bestgameever is just another Scratcher who hates AE studios for no reason.”
No, just no. Nobody hates them for no reason. People just hate them for INCORRECT reasons.

1. The surprising statistics mentioned above.
…which are doubtable…
3. Integration.
–That may seem like a good thing, right? Unless you spent weeks on a single project and it gets lumped in with projects that took a minute and are completely worthless. It happens, and it happened to me.
projects that took a minute and are completely worthless.
Are you discriminating against new programmers? What could take a minute for you could have taken half an hour for them. And calling them worthless is completely unnecessary.
4. According to studies, AE studios take up 300 GB. More data usage, and Scratch may be a paid service just to support AE studios. Users will leave.
According to studies,
[citation needed]
…AE studios take up 300 GB.
Scratch servers are 24 (probably more now) TB. 300GB is only 1% of that.
5. The discord it causes rips the community apart.
No, the discord one user who just happened to complain about them caused ripped the community apart.
AE studios still existed back when I had first joined (1.4 days). NoxSpooth is also a witness. Of course, people only notice them now because this one user whose name I will not reveal posted a thread suggesting to ban them. It actually got some support, but the Scratch Team closed it because they thought banning studios was unfair. Now, we have a thread with nearly 1.5K posts. That's the story through my eyes.
Leave your opinions, please.

3DS FC: 3239-6065-2543 (Ask me before adding) | AS: Alex~ | X: Alex (DWS)
Ask me on my profile about XYORAS breeding requests!

My browser / operating system: MacOS Macintosh X 10.11.3, Safari 9.0.3, Flash 20.0 (release 0)
GameShnaz
Scratcher
73 posts

Possible Solutions for the Problem of "ADD EVERYTHING" Studios

Guys. Can we just leave this topic alone? We don't really need it anymore…

You may be sad to know that, um….. Wow, this is hard for me to tell you….. Ok, here it goes…. Tera has borrowed my signature, and refuses to give it back to me.
NoxSpooth
Scratcher
1000+ posts

Possible Solutions for the Problem of "ADD EVERYTHING" Studios

mathfreak231 wrote:

AE studios still existed back when I had first joined (1.4 days). NoxSpooth is also a witness.
Eeyup.
xlk
Scratcher
100+ posts

Possible Solutions for the Problem of "ADD EVERYTHING" Studios

mathfreak231 wrote:

Scratch servers are 24 (probably more now) TB. 300GB is only 1% of that.
Holy bananas, that's a lot…
Well, relatively speaking, I know youtube's at the petabites, but heck, more than I expected…

ProdigyZeta7
Scratcher
1000+ posts

Possible Solutions for the Problem of "ADD EVERYTHING" Studios

Good to know that we can finally delete our projects from studios. I'd say once we can pinpoint our projects in a studio with a new website feature, then we can close this topic satisfied with knowing that we can take matters into our own hands without calling for the ST's attention constantly.



AonymousProfessor
Scratcher
100+ posts

Possible Solutions for the Problem of "ADD EVERYTHING" Studios

ProdigyZeta7 wrote:

Good to know that we can finally delete our projects from studios. I'd say once we can pinpoint our projects in a studio with a new website feature, then we can close this topic satisfied with knowing that we can take matters into our own hands without calling for the ST's attention constantly.
Well you don't need to pinpoint your projects in a studio, because you can remove them straight from the project page through the “studios” button (next to love-it and favorite)

I am @AonymousGuy's test account!

The word “test” in test accounts is outdated. That is why mine has professor instead!

Thanks @MicroMacro for the profile image!
ProdigyZeta7
Scratcher
1000+ posts

Possible Solutions for the Problem of "ADD EVERYTHING" Studios

AonymousProfessor wrote:

ProdigyZeta7 wrote:

Good to know that we can finally delete our projects from studios. I'd say once we can pinpoint our projects in a studio with a new website feature, then we can close this topic satisfied with knowing that we can take matters into our own hands without calling for the ST's attention constantly.
Well you don't need to pinpoint your projects in a studio, because you can remove them straight from the project page through the “studios” button (next to love-it and favorite)
*facepalm* I thought it meant going to the studio and looking through all the projects…. thanks for the tip.



Epicness123
Scratcher
1000+ posts

Possible Solutions for the Problem of "ADD EVERYTHING" Studios

I told you guys it wouldnt end the problem.

Sadly, my kumquats were eaten by an evil forum signature.

professional anime watcher
Paddle2See
Scratch Team
1000+ posts

Possible Solutions for the Problem of "ADD EVERYTHING" Studios

Epicness123 wrote:

I told you guys it wouldnt end the problem.
I find it interesting that you are describing the situation as an unsolved “problem” - when your signature is showing support for AE studios. Can you help me understand better how you see things now? How would you describe the “problem”? And what suggestions do you have to improve things?

Scratch Team Member, kayak enthusiast, and servant to multiple cats.

;
Lirex
Scratcher
500+ posts

Possible Solutions for the Problem of "ADD EVERYTHING" Studios

About me of Epicness123 wrote:

IMPORTANT:
They added a feature where you can remove projects from a studio hopefully they will remove it
@Epicness123: I asked you on your profile for what reason “they” should remove this feature. The comment was either deleted by you or somebody considered it as inappropriate.
I'm wondering why you and some other Scratchers want this feature to be removed. What's wrong with it? I hope someone can answer my question.

Last edited by Lirex (Feb. 9, 2014 16:40:28)


Scratch-DACH-Wiki author


;




Yay, 500+ posts! (05/25/2014)
123iluvwarriors
Scratcher
1 post

Possible Solutions for the Problem of "ADD EVERYTHING" Studios

i hate ae studios. add me in the followers list if you haven't already! yet I just dunno how we can stop or limit them.
derpy_plays_mc
Scratcher
8 posts

Possible Solutions for the Problem of "ADD EVERYTHING" Studios








Well, Possibly the Scratch team could work on this problem….


\Having the ability to remove your projects wouldn't do anything for the “too many messages” issue - those would still show up ~ Paddle2See.
_________________________________________________________________________

This is why we should try and Imagine other ideas, It'll improve Scratch if we put
our minds to it. Here are a couple of solutions which are possible:
_________________________________________________________________________

Try to get rid of the subject by the scratch rules

Add a “Studios selection” Button, If someone wants to add your project to a studio, You can decline it or accept it.

_________________________________________________________________________

That's pretty much all i thought of ^^' (Its hard thinking…. XD)

_________________________________________________________________________


<[We can make the world a better place] < [If we put our minds to it!]>

You are the most like Pinkie Pie!
You are most like Pinkie Pie!
Full personality description:

WOO! You have boundless energy and will take every single possible moment to exert it! Not only that, but you looooove to party, so wherever you can be that you can party and get down at, you will want to be! Your love of parties and laughter makes you a very fun pony to be around, because all of your friends generally have a good time when they're with you — as long as your overabundance of energy doesn't irritate them.

You don't just go against the grain, but you pretend the grain isn't even there, saying neigh to the norm and doing whatever it is you want to do, regardless of how silly it may be. Your carefree attitude is admirable in that sense, but you can easily get discouraged when people don't quite ‘get’ your sense of randomness and laughter. If you can't put a smile on a friend's face or if you disappoint them, you'll feel bad about it.

Despite your rather quirky nature, you often times do know exactly what you're doing, even if it may seem you're going about it in an odd way. You have a certain sense of things and it would be wise for your friends to believe you. You may be naive and carefree, but you're willing to try almost anything out, even if you're completely clueless on it. You're also a very creative pony, dabbling in songs, performances, and other creative ventures, while also coming up with creative solutions to whatever problems may be out there.
- See more at: http://www.bronyland.com/pony-personality-test/?q=MTE5M3w2NzAxMDM#.dpuf

Powered by DjangoBB

Standard | Mobile