Discuss Scratch

Zydrolic
Scratcher
1000+ posts

Report cloud data glitches here

ledude12 wrote:

(#1480)
I had a glitch or something but in one of my projects, my variables won't update
Maintenance could be the reason since access to assets and projects can be unavailable for portions of the weekend

Suggestions
SDS Helper reqs should be upped - Show/hide via context menu - Revise “ask the community” - Browser not supported - Empty comment contrast
Other
a bit of trolling (i asked before putting it here) - tamaNOTchi
- This account's usage is irregular

stop posting about kumquats, im tired of seeing it, my friend comments saying “oh hey your post was eaten by a kumquat” STOP a kumquat is freaking fruit just eat it utp ojtishglkmkjhgaoeimrlV,5KU9MOIL3K5GP,Ő AHTAHGTARET SOTP positing ABJTOUT IT (parody & sarcasm)

bad joke:

Most of this is now going to become a meme storage.

thank you ajskateboarder

This dialouge box has more than one sentence to say!

MUSASHI2199
Scratcher
64 posts

MUSASHI2199 wrote:

このプロジェクトで、クラウド変数を操作していないのに値が変わります(1分ぐらい待つ必要があります。)

deeple wrote:

In this project, the cloud variable is not manipulated, but the value changes (you have to wait for about a minute).
https://scratch.mit.edu/projects/880211775/ (STAGE and Soldier)

Last edited by MUSASHI2199 (Aug. 27, 2023 22:44:39)

おすすめ作品:
これはしょめいといって、しゅどうではなくせっていしてかいています。
自己紹介:
NAME:MUSASHI2199
2019年からScratchで生きているが、作品は2023年から共有を開始している
だいたい共有しているのはリミックス作品
兄弟でエメルドという架空のゲーム会社を作っている
未共有作品大量
Cosmos Adventure:署名画像の真ん中 を作るのに2年かかりほぼすべてのバージョンを保有中
稀に、というか多くの場合「#1は読みました」を抜かして返答していることが多いです。プロフィール欄で教えていただけると助かります。

スクロールできた〜!
rehanboi
Scratcher
9 posts

There's this glitch that if you select rays backdrop go to backdrops costumes turn into bitmap and then turn into vector boom crashed

Last edited by rehanboi (Aug. 27, 2023 11:48:06)

rehanboi
Scratcher
9 posts

<marquee>scratch is cool<marquee>
go to [ v]
glide () secs to x: (0) y: (0)
go to [ v]
go to [ v]
go to [ v]
change x by ()
set x to ()

Last edited by rehanboi (Aug. 27, 2023 11:49:18)

Scratchycody1212121
Scratcher
2 posts

My programme changes a cloud variable called “Timer 1” by +1 every second, however, upon using a secondary account and device, the timer updates every 2-3 seconds, and this is a problem as I am using a timer to disconnect a player in my online game as when the timer stops, it means they are offline. I have a script that will check to see if a timer has paused, and it updates every 2 seconds, however, when I increased the time, it seemed inconvenient as when a player disconnects, it will take 4 seconds to actually delete the player. I don't know if this is maintenance, but if not, please fix. Thanks!

Last edited by Scratchycody1212121 (Aug. 27, 2023 17:42:59)

Zydrolic
Scratcher
1000+ posts

Scratchycody1212121 wrote:

(#1487)
-snip-
yes its maintenance

ScratchCat* wrote:

August 25, 8 PM ET - August 27, 1159 ET: The Backpack tool, translation extension blocks, and Cloud Data will be temporarily unavailable during portions of the weekend. The rest of the site should be working normally during this time.
edit: src since i forgot

Last edited by Zydrolic (Aug. 27, 2023 17:42:07)

Suggestions
SDS Helper reqs should be upped - Show/hide via context menu - Revise “ask the community” - Browser not supported - Empty comment contrast
Other

stop posting about kumquats, im tired of seeing it, my friend comments saying “oh hey your post was eaten by a kumquat” STOP a kumquat is freaking fruit just eat it utp ojtishglkmkjhgaoeimrlV,5KU9MOIL3K5GP,Ő AHTAHGTARET SOTP positing ABJTOUT IT (parody & sarcasm)

bad joke:

thank you ajskateboarder

Scratchycody1212121
Scratcher
2 posts

Zydrolic wrote:

(#1487)
-snip-
yes its maintenance

ScratchCat* wrote:

August 25, 8 PM ET - August 27, 1159 ET: The Backpack tool, translation extension blocks, and Cloud Data will be temporarily unavailable during portions of the weekend. The rest of the site should be working normally during this time.
edit: src since i forgot
Thank you
Zydrolic
Scratcher
1000+ posts

(#1489)
-snip-
Thank you
no problemo

Suggestions
Other

bad joke:

thank you ajskateboarder

gregatku
Scratcher
100+ posts

So cloud data is still not back for any of my projects, how come? The weekend's maintenance that saw them unavailable, is well and truly over now? It was supposed to be complete by midnight 27 August your time, but in my neck of the woods (Down Under), it's already 8:30 am on the 29th August?

I have found the odd project or two by others, who seem to have their cloud data back, but then you look at their next cloud data project and it's not back. No consistency or obvious pattern to it, but all my cloud data projects have had unavailable cloud data for over 3 whole days now.

Very disappointing. Also very worried that my cloud data might never come back?

Regards Greg

Last edited by gregatku (Aug. 28, 2023 22:45:14)

NMario84
Scratcher
1000+ posts

Yeah. Cloud data is 100% BROKE now…. Unfortunately.
All of the info pages went EMPTY, no recorded cloud data changes.

As in, you just get this message:
“There seems to be no Cloud Data activity on this project…”

Though new values can be recorded into the given list, unfortunately it does NOT do a thing to the project. The project remains using the same offline values.

Last edited by NMario84 (Aug. 28, 2023 23:39:37)

gregatku
Scratcher
100+ posts

NMario84 wrote:

Yeah. Cloud data is 100% BROKE now…. Unfortunately.
All of the info pages went EMPTY, no recorded cloud data changes.

As in, you just get this message:
“There seems to be no Cloud Data activity on this project…”

Though new values can be recorded into the given list, unfortunately it does NOT do a thing to the project. The project remains using the same offline values.

And it seems nobody in the Scratch Team is looking at this discussion thread any more. They aren't saying anything about the fact that they've lost everybody's Cloud Data, and whether or not they are making any attempt to try to recover it. Extremely disappointing!
NMario84
Scratcher
1000+ posts

I mean…….. Scratch Team has already passed their August maintenance schedules. Whether they are behind on something, or what is “to them” as considered “done” We won't know. Maybe they could still get someone to fix it within the upcoming weekends…… Or not…. Who knows.

All we know is that cloud data has completely stopped working on projects, and that all previous cloud data from before has been removed. It is unknown if that info was either thrown into the trash can, or moved onto another server somewhere in which the Scratch website is NOT even using……. Yet?
gregatku
Scratcher
100+ posts

Re Cloud Variables: Upon a deeper investigation (on my own projects) I can reveal the following regarding the weekend maintenance:

1) All historical Cloud Data you see when you click “See Data” from the Project Page was lost/discarded (probably forever);
2) All created and set Cloud Variables still exist at their new Location & can be read by your project & retain their most recently set or updated values;
3) any subsequent updates/sets to any of them is recorded & can be seen via “See Data”.

So they're not really broken, they work just fine, it's just that the historic data is lost.
NMario84
Scratcher
1000+ posts

Well there are some cloud data projects that do not work correctly….. So maybe Scratchers have to update their cloud variables to use a brand new set separate from the old server? Which would be annoying if this was the case, that would mean every cloud data project would have to be updated, In which case a lot of the cloud projects (will) just get abandoned at some point anyway.
gregatku
Scratcher
100+ posts

Well the real pity is that here you and I are commenting in what what is the most obvious, proper and sticky discussion thread for Scratchers to comment on Bugs & Glitches with Cloud Data, and nobody from the Scratch Team is even looking at this thread, despite the fact that this is the biggest stuff-up of Cloud Data in my 6 years on Scratch. They should be on here giving us feedback on what has actually happened and what if anything they are doing to fix it, but they're giving us zip? This is even more disappointing than the issue itself.
NMario84
Scratcher
1000+ posts

Has anyone even ATTEMPTED to contact the Scratch Team about the issue here? I know they are busy with other (important?) work, but if important information that is cloud data isn't working on the site, I think some investigating by the Scratch Team themselves should be done? At least explain what is wrong with the cloud data, and/or mention the missing data logs?

Perhaps they themselves should EXPLAIN to us as what exactly is going on with cloud data, instead of just downright “abandoning” the thread like this.
gregatku
Scratcher
100+ posts

I think there will be some action on this soon or at least an explanation, as I have managed to get the attention of an ST member, who I am sure will get the right people to look into it, and let us know what happened, and what if anything they can do about it.
NMario84
Scratcher
1000+ posts

Apparently, this is the response that someone recently got when they emailed the ST.

As you probably know, the function of cloud variables inside a project depends on many things, most of which are out of our control. Conditions affecting cloud variables include the number of users viewing and interacting with the project or other projects that include cloud variables, your internet connection, overall size of your project, and browser caching issues.

At this time, there are no cloud variable connection issues on our end.

If you have further questions about the cloud variables in your project, we encourage you to check out the Discussion Forums.

I'm still confused though. If they are aware of it, they should at least update us somehow on the situation either as a forum post, or an announcement, or “something” other than NO response at all. *shrugs*
gregatku
Scratcher
100+ posts

NMario84 wrote:

Apparently, this is the response that someone recently got when they emailed the ST.

As you probably know, the function of cloud variables inside a project depends on many things, most of which are out of our control. Conditions affecting cloud variables include the number of users viewing and interacting with the project or other projects that include cloud variables, your internet connection, overall size of your project, and browser caching issues.

At this time, there are no cloud variable connection issues on our end.

If you have further questions about the cloud variables in your project, we encourage you to check out the Discussion Forums.

I'm still confused though. If they are aware of it, they should at least update us somehow on the situation either as a forum post, or an announcement, or “something” other than NO response at all. *shrugs*
I believe they are still unaware, other than my contact, who I am confident will get somebody to give us some more helpful feedback here.
TeslaDummy
Scratcher
500+ posts

Hi, i am a scratcher but cloud vars dont work. whenever i go into a popular cloud game by griffpatch or something or any cloud game for that matter, i dont see anyone and im starting to think that my school blocked cloud vars

★ IF YOU KNOW HOW TO MAKE CLOUD STUFF PLEASE HELP OUT HERE★
★★★★★★★Get anything you want at lightning speeds! Click HERE!!★★★★★★★★